2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2014 8:11:02 PM(UTC)
FORZA HORIZON 2 PAINTS

Replicas

#27 33 Export Renault 5 Turbo Maxi - 1985 Tour de Corse Replica
For: Renault 5 Turbo
Release: on Sharefront - Tags: 33 Export, TdC - Also available without fender openings

#11 DIAC Renault 5 Turbo Maxi - 1986 Tour de Corse Replica (v 1.2)
For: Renault 5 Turbo
Release: on Sharefront - Tags: DIAC, TdC - Also available without fender openings

#3 Austin Rover World Championship Team MG Metro 6R4 - 1986 Tour de Corse Replica
For: MG Metro 6R4
Release: on Sharefront - Tags: Computervision, TdC

#9 Austin Rover World Championship Team MG Metro 6R4 - 1986 Tour de Corse Replica
Release: on Sharefront - Tags: Computervision, TdC

#17 Unipart MG Metro 6R4 - 1986 Rally Manx Replica (v 1.2)
Release: on Sharefront - Tags: Unipart, Manx

Originals

"F/A-18 HORNET" Mustang
For: 2015 Ford Mustang
Release: on Sharefront - Tags: Hornet

Edited by user Thursday, February 12, 2015 6:13:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH4 Paints | Gallery
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2014 10:32:05 PM(UTC)
Ooh, I can't wait!

Click Signature For FM7 Paint Catalogue
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 5:44:37 AM(UTC)

Very early WIP. I decided to do a 180 on the Bomber Mustang project. A lot of work's still left but atleast I feel like I'm going in the right direction! Also, getting a 250 GTO today, and the TZ2 beckons... Last but not least, I'll finally have 7/7 access to an Xbox, for the first time ever since last year. This should result in a conspicuous improvement of my workflow!
FH4 Paints | Gallery
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 6:24:43 AM(UTC)
Looking forward to seeing your creations, Clyde.
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 7:14:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WildcatKNH Go to Quoted Post
Looking forward to seeing your creations, Clyde.

+1. That Mustang is already looking promising mate. Now that you also have more free time I can't wait to see the heightened frequency of your releases.

#6 Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2014 11:53:36 AM(UTC)
Good to see you here Clyde!

[AB]

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:03:12 PM(UTC)
I know I have seen a few people asking for the bomber look on the Rally Fighter, but it looks just as good on the Mustang. Can't wait to see the final product!
#8 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2014 4:37:13 AM(UTC)
Me too can't wait! ;-)

ciao amico mio see you soon :-)
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:26:01 PM(UTC)

It's been a while, eh? Here's a bit of a progress on the Mustang. I decided to go for the Ghost Grey used on F-15s and give the paint a more modern spin. Started on the weathering and the typo work... But it's a looong way from finished. I am also in the process of sourcing a couple of tasty replicas, so... Stay tuned!
FH4 Paints | Gallery
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 5:08:59 PM(UTC)
Lookin pretty nice mate. You're paints do take a while but they are really amazing and well worth the wait. I can't wait to see this and some of the new replicas.

#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 7:21:22 PM(UTC)

With the Mustang on the shelf again and for the time being, and after another long break from the paint booth (gosh, do you even paint anymore?, you may be asking, and I'll reply, hell if I know!), I am now working on some liveries - some replicas, some originals (that you'll probably never see). This is my latest WIP, and I will probably be done with it before the end of November. Care to guess what's the main sponsor of this replica, and when was it originally raced?
FH4 Paints | Gallery
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 10:13:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClydeYellow Go to Quoted Post

With the Mustang on the shelf again and for the time being, and after another long break from the paint booth (gosh, do you even paint anymore?, you may be asking, and I'll reply, hell if I know!), I am now working on some liveries - some replicas, some originals (that you'll probably never see). This is my latest WIP, and I will probably be done with it before the end of November. Care to guess what's the main sponsor of this replica, and when was it originally raced?

Can't tell u wherer it raced or the sponsor but I'll say the 80s and it's looking good so far mate
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2014 9:28:00 AM(UTC)
It kinda looks like this Pic, but slightly different. Either way, classic rally designs are always welcome here!!
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2014 5:23:58 AM(UTC)
I googled it, won't spoil it,
a rally car obviously, but will you logo it up as a proper rally car or with the "horizon rally" numbers and rally plates?
can't say what year , but i know it did Tour de corse...
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2014 7:59:16 AM(UTC)

This screams finish me!
I had pics to do a number of R5s and that was one, so please do finish her off

[AB]

(AB) ABGRAPHICS : FH4 / FM7 / Twitter / Discord / Flickr
#16 Posted : Friday, December 5, 2014 12:04:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ABGRAPHICS Go to Quoted Post

This screams finish me!
I had pics to do a number of R5s and that was one, so please do finish her off

[AB]

i agree with him finish it... i did this on forza 5 and really like the design
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!!
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 7:19:19 PM(UTC)
Sorry for the lack of updates... It appears that finding inspiration to do anything is getting harder and harder for me. There's always something to do, y'know? And I'm getting lots of headaches as usual when it's time to turn the heating on. Then there's the fact that with lessons for this semester over I moved back home - which means that I didn't even get on the Xbox much for the past two weeks. And when I got home Farcry 4 was waiting (it's a mildly disappointing game, little improvement over FC3, but the plot and characters are good, and sniping rhinos with a .700 Nitro is mighty fun).

But really, it sounds like I'm making a lot of excuses for my slacking. ; P

As many of you correctly guessed, the car is the Renault 5 Maxi Turbo driven at the 1985 Tour de Corse by a then-unknown ambulance driver named Didier Auriol. The 1985 TdC was marred by tragedy when Attilio Bettega crashed his 037, which turned in a fireball. The following year a very similar accident involving Henri Toivonen on a Delta S4 led to the end of Group B rallying. And despite being a fan of the 500 hp rally monsters of the 80s, I can't say I don't see why even the most die-hard gearhead could come to consider running at speeds of up to 200 kph on the narrow streets of Corsica downright suicidal.

What's left to do is touchs up on the base paint and, probably, on the 33 Export logo; touching up all the colors (and of course, the photomode settings which are making the colors look a lot brighter and a lot more saturated than they actually are - speaking of which, anybody got some good settings for H2?), and, of course, all the secondary sponsors - a task which should also net me a Renault font that I will be able to reuse to create another livery that I always loved, that of the #11 Diac car that raced at the 1986 TdC. I could also do other 1985 TdC paints now that I got the plate and number pad done, but it's hard work, and I also got plenty of original paints in mind - of which many will probably never see the light of the day, but oh well, thinking and imagining and scheming are free, aren't they?
FH4 Paints | Gallery
#18 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:33:05 AM(UTC)
I love this! Such an awesomely esoteric car. Excellent work here and this is for sure a download from me. You have been up to some great stuff lately mate. Keep 'em coming.

1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2014 5:46:00 PM(UTC)
The 33 Export livery is now available in two variations: with (as shown) the painted openings in the fenders, and without. Just search for 33 Export or FIT and it should pop right up!

Also, since I already had the appropriate Renault font and a considerable portion of the remaining logo work done, I decided to replicate another livery that I always loved, the DIAC #11 car that raced at the Tour De Corse the following year. This is also available with and without the vents. Look for DIAC for both.

I think it goes without saying that they aren't 100% accurate replicas - the Maxi Turbo had fenders way wider than those of the standard Renault 5 Turbo, and the front fenders also had a different shape; this shows most prominently on the 33 Export car. But I think they render justice to the source material, and I am quite satisfied with the end product of my work.
It seems that I've found a taste for painting that I thought long gone. Now that the painting bug is back I may have some other releases coming soon.
FH4 Paints | Gallery
#20 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2014 7:05:39 AM(UTC)
[/quote]

Now you know where the idea came from for this!!!both great work mate just which one to get ?
#21 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 7:22:06 PM(UTC)

To do: color balancing (should have to come back to Italy for that!), driver names, numbers, plates and the Austin Rover helmet logo. I can do that by tomorrow. Then I'll hopefully start working on Auriol's 33 Export and Toivonen's Unipart cars, which should also be ready in a couple of days if I keep my current pace.

Unfortunately, I also noticed several inaccuracies with the DIAC Renault 5 Maxi. Those inaccuracies will be corrected - version 1.2 of the DIAC livery will be released tomorrow, again with and without vents. If you already downloaded the livery please accept my apologies, and feel free to download the updated version.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 17, 2014 9:17:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH4 Paints | Gallery
#22 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:06:13 AM(UTC)

The Computervision cars are done and available on my Sharefront! I'm quite pleased with the result of my work, although some adaptations had to be made due to the glitches affecting several spots of the car. The '86 Manx Toivonen's car - sponsored by Unipart - should be available shortly, then I will start on the other official car at the 1986 Tour de Corse, Auriol's 33 Export sponsored Metro.
FH4 Paints | Gallery
#23 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 7:30:57 PM(UTC)
Wow mate! You have been working fast and I have to say these are awesome. I really love your vintage rally designs, keep up the excellent work and I can't wait to see more.

#24 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 6:56:47 PM(UTC)

Yes, this is another livery being released in 24 hours and yes, I actually found a recipe to churn out paints quickly (do Group B replicas - to the rythm of Perturbator and Lazerhawk for a +3 swiftness bonus). Someone requested it and here it is: the Unipart-sponsored 6R4 driven by Harri Toivonen's (Henri Toivonen's less or more fortunate brother - I guess it's a matter of perspective) in the 1986 UK Rally Championship - to be more specific that's how it looked at the Rally Manx. It's a very simple-looking livery, but it took me a couple of hours of work to get the Tudor Webasto font just right - I know I could have and should have done it in less time, but I wanted to be 100% sure it looked juuust as right as I could make it because the livery is so simple, errors pop out more easily.

Also, thanks to the 84 who dl'd my #3 "Computervision" car, and to the other 17 who took home the #9 - that's 101 downloads in one day! Yikes!

I will hopefully post a WIP of my next original project soon - but first I'll have to play some Gran Turismo, since they added a laser-powered car and stuff. Also, stay tuned for more Group B goodness! I just got a 037 fully built, and it's begging for a Jolly Club paint...
FH4 Paints | Gallery
#25 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2014 12:10:45 AM(UTC)
I'll grab both metro paints and be awaiting the third great job on these
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error