#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2014 5:03:51 PM(UTC)
It's been a while since I last posted, but I come bearing questions... (and probably typos)

I've been at it for a few hours each, but have yet to fine the sweet spot for the Ford Fiesta ST rally and the Lamborghini Urus.

First the Urus, is there a way to effectively use all 8 of those gears? Or should it be tuned to use 6 gears and have the last 2 out of usable range? Seems like the inability to eliminate those last gears with the race transmission is a bit odd. Additionally, is there an easier way to get the rear end of the Urus to rotate the back end off road? Currently when I try to get the rear to turn it just keeps going straight, even under braking and e-brake pulled.

Second the Fiesta rally preped. Only a sport transmission in it currently. In off road racing, it's is constantly bouncing on the Rev limiter in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear no matter now I set the final. It's also over rotating in the corners if it's in 3rd or 4th gear. Keeping in mind this is only off road and it is a rally preped car.

Suggesting please?
Thank you.
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:11:01 AM(UTC)
On the Lambo:
Use all 8 gears. Set 1st gear a little taller than normal, then evenly space out the rest of the gears until you are happy with how it pulls. They will be short, but it works pretty well...

On the Fiesta:
Did you convert it to AWD? If so, tune the diff. Try FR(26%acc/0%dec); R(36%acc/30%dec); Center @ 60%-65% rear. Then try adding a bit more rear negative camber and softening up the ARB...
If it's still FWD, try adding more rear negative camber and softening up the rear ARB...

Edited by user Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:12:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 8:40:06 AM(UTC)
Yes, it is awd. I tried adjusting to thosu values it actually made the rotation worse... (and more unstable)
I'm running -2.2 front and -1.8 rear camber, 27 front 23.8 rear arb.
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:40:48 AM(UTC)
Flip the Camber settings..... -1.8 front and -2.2 rear.... Lighten up on the ARB (go ~22 front and ~20 rear), make sure your rear spring rate is softer than the front spring rate, and finally set the ride height to about 3/4 of max...

What class?
What are your Diff settings?
What is the Weight and front %?
How much Power and Torque?
What kind of tire compound?

I have a S1 class rally Fiesta shared out if you want to give it a go... GT = BiggLou55

Edited by user Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:42:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 11:47:42 AM(UTC)
I can't seem to find it...
It's an S1, 423bhp 381tq, diff is as stated earlier. Race compound
Weight is 2600 with 52% front.

Edit: flipping the camber and increased ride height actually helped a lot. It's more manageable now and some what easier to get to rotate without overdoing it. Thanks for all the help. I'll file with it a bit more to get it exact, but it's working well now.

Edited by user Thursday, October 9, 2014 12:01:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 11:56:44 AM(UTC)
I think I know why you can't find it... My tune in on the Forza Day One version of the Fiesta... I will port it over to the other fiesta later... I am at work now, and I will PM you with all of the settings I am using on Mine.... I love my little S1 Fiesta. Worked great for me the other night when we were doing some Rally P2P racing..
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 9, 2014 1:46:18 PM(UTC)
I'd try a high diff setting. 100% front and rear acceleration and probably about 75% rear deacceration. A high acceration setting will help make sure all the torque is pushing you forward and not escaping through the wheels with the least grip potentially breaking traction. And I high rear deceleration should improve stability and help prevent you from swapping ends. It also helps maintain a drift
Mercedes GLS 63 AMG S for DLC
Because all 7 seaters should be able to hit 60 in 4.3 seconds.
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, October 10, 2014 6:55:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Chaotic GTS Go to Quoted Post
Edit: flipping the camber and increased ride height actually helped a lot. It's more manageable now and some what easier to get to rotate without overdoing it. Thanks for all the help. I'll file with it a bit more to get it exact, but it's working well now.

Good deal...!

Also... If you want more right pedal steering control, work with the Diff.... Going up to 50% Acc / 40% Dec in the rear and 30% acc / 0% dec in the front with 65-75% power to the rear should give you really good angle control without ruining it's on-road performance.

Notification

Icon
Error