3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 5:33:50 AM(UTC)

My favorite is also six, great set Matt!
#27 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2014 11:39:36 AM(UTC)
I hope we will see a new update very soon.

Signature contains FM7 gallery link | Galleries: Flickr/FH3
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:30:51 AM(UTC)
Hey folks, sorry I haven't been about, figured I'd give a update but its not quite the update you think it is....

I had planned on posting at the start of the new year but a rare condition struck me in January, and to say I'm lucky to be here is an understatement.

On the 12th of January after getting over flu I felt light headed and wobbly on my feet. The next day I had what looked like a stroke, my hands and feet were numb and felt like pins and needles. After rushing into hospital and having several tests a stroke was ruled out and was sent home the next day. An electrical malfunction in the brain they said, it will go as quick as it came on they said. But my condition was starting to get worse....

Tuesday, the day after I was sent home my head was pounding, light was hurting my eyes and I couldn't even open my right eye. and when I pulled it open, my eye was looking the other way. One call to my doctor and I was in hospital again in the A&E department and after about 4 hours of waiting they said it was a migraine and sent me home again. The rest of the week I stayed in bed, not able to walk, have any balance or eat much, I was getting weaker and weaker. Friday came and after getting the doctor to finally visit me at home late in the afternoon I was back in hospital, most of my arms and legs numb and now my face was starting to go the same way...

After consulting with the best Neurologist's in the country they said I showed signs of something called Miller Fisher and was moved to a respiratory ward with the fear my lungs would fail. I couldn't move my eyes, my nose, eyebrows and lips. A week of anti viral and anti biotics did nothing but make me feel sick and made my head ache worse then after a few days it was time for the next and only other treatment left, plasma transfer.
Getting the line into my neck was not the most pleasant experience I'd had and taking it out was just as bad, but after the 2nd treatment I could feel a twitch in my lips when trying to smile, my right eye was starting to open a little, still looking in different directions but it was a start.

So after 4 and a half weeks being in hospital I was sent home, knowing that the road to recovery is a long and steady process, after 6 weeks is when people with this start getting better but the recovery time is weeks or months. I've been home for about 4/5 weeks now and while my face is still mostly numb I am getting some movement back in my lips, I've gone from a walking frame to 2 walking sticks and getting stronger each day. My eye is open again but my vision is still off, a little blurry and double vision but it will return in time.

Its funny how much you take for granted, how we talk, look at things and express ourselves with our faces, walk and do normal everyday things without thinking about it. I've had to change the way I eat, talk using my hand pressing against my lips to say certain words.

So that's pretty much where I am today, getting back to some kind of normal with the help of my family who have been amazing in helping me to get where I am today.

XBOX GT =CW Mattius - < Twitter = @Cw_Mattius
3DS Friend Code = 2337 - 4942 - 3200 - < Flickr = CW Mattius
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 11:25:03 AM(UTC)
Your story is incredible!! I can not believe how the hospital could just keep sending you home. Families are amazing in a crisis I would be lost without mine. I'm very glad you are on the road to recovery you will and inner strength are what kept you going by the sounds of it hope to see you on here again soon mate but please take it easy ey!! Good luck with the rest of your recovery.
#30 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2015 2:16:14 PM(UTC)
Wow, that is amazing! I'm really happy that you were able to pull through and are now on the road to recovery. Things should get better from here!

On a side note, don't worry about posting any forza updates until you feel 100%. Your health is far more important than a video game, but can't wait to have you back nonetheless! Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery!
#31 Posted : Friday, March 20, 2015 10:26:59 PM(UTC)
No need to apologize. Family should always be there for you no matter what. Glad that they're taking care of you. I wish you the best and a speedy recovery!
#32 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 7:55:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Morc 57 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lethal Drift Go to Quoted Post
This could be real!

Nice shots!

Liking this too.

+1 Mega!

Hope your better soon and posting more shots. Your story is a reminder to all,myself especially, that life is precious and the trivial things we worry about really aren't important.

#33 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2015 8:05:41 AM(UTC)
I was worried that story wouldn't end as happily as it did. Get well soon Mattius, and thank you for posting.
#34 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 2:17:50 AM(UTC)
Sounds like it was really rough Matt. Best wishes for you and hope you get well soon mate.
#35 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 3:42:06 PM(UTC)

I'm glad your'e on the road to recovery Matt and I wish you and your family the best of luck. Hopefully you will be back soon but get well first!

I've got some recovery to do also.
#36 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 4:15:18 AM(UTC)
Best wishes my friend as well as a speedy recovery! I will keep you in my prayers. Look forward to seeing updates from you soon.
#37 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 11:16:24 AM(UTC)
Hey Matt, just saw your update. wishing you a speedy recovery. My thoughts are with you and like the others have said, thank you for sharing.
#38 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 8:58:58 AM(UTC)
First off I would like to thank everyone for the well wishes and the kind comments. Im still not 100% better but Im getting there. My gaming ability is returning and as such I have taken a few new pics, however this update will stretch back to last year when I was working on a set that was planned to come out January. And its a big one...

2014 Alfa Romeo 4C

And there you have it, I will have another update coming soon, thanks for stopping by and for the warm, kind messages. Means the world to me.
So for now, Enjoy guys.
#39 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 9:18:30 AM(UTC)
I don't know which pictures i like more, all of them are spectacular! I really like the contrast between the dark sky and the lights of the ferris wheel in the third-to-last picture. Very nice stuff Mattius :) Also, i scrolled up a bit and read your story....I wish you luck on your road to recovery!

Proud member of FTC. Still cringing at being called "Snooty McSnooterton" by AR12.
#40 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 2:22:37 PM(UTC)
Really glad you're on the mend buddy, what you went through sounds horrible.

The new set of photo's are stunning also!
#41 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 1:37:12 AM(UTC)
Amazing set!! That B&W shot is fantastic very creative!!
#42 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2015 8:46:53 PM(UTC)

Love the last two shots Matt, looking forward to more when you feel like it!
#43 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2015 12:24:21 PM(UTC)
Glad to see you posting again.
This is great, I've struggled to get a shot outside this church/cathedral, but you've nailed it!

#44 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2015 3:03:04 PM(UTC)

This is just fantastic!!!

Also, glad to hear an update, and I continue to wish for a speedy recovery!
#45 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2015 2:04:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW Mattius Go to Quoted Post

Loving the update, I also love the church / cathedral pic, and the one above... captures the sense of adventure and setting so well. Very nicely done.

#46 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2015 10:20:53 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the likes and comments on the last set, got a few more updates to come so enjoy these for now.

Stay tuned for more updates coming soon
#47 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2015 6:45:01 PM(UTC)

This shot is great! I love the composition.
#48 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 11:18:54 AM(UTC)
Hey hey, new update from the Rockstar Car pack. The one and only....

2015 Subaru WRX STI

And PhotoComp23 Winner

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy folks.
#49 Posted : Thursday, April 9, 2015 8:14:30 PM(UTC)
Love the first three pics! Especially the first one love the depth in it!!
#50 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2015 5:15:50 PM(UTC)

Looks right at home!

FH2 | FH3 | FH4 | Flickr
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error