#1 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 3:51:29 PM(UTC)
I am playing FH2 on the Xbox One with the Thrustmaster wheel patterned after the Italia 458. Paid $400 for the wheel at the release of the Xbox One. Worked great for me in Forza 5 so far but I'm having a weird issue in FH2.

http://www.thrustmaster....rrari-458-italia-edition

Even after doing a full system shutdown and reboot I am experiencing the following...

While racing random buttons are seemingly being pressed. It will pull up the menu and start flipping through the tabs..switch my view and change a gear all in quick succession. Any infinite combination of weird **** just happening at random without me doing anything unusual to cause.

It will interrupt a single race a dozen times or more with this behavior.

My next step is to play it strictly with the controller as much as I prefer not to. Need to see if it is a game behavior in general or something related to my wheel and this game. Have never had any trouble with Forza 5.

Anyone see this?
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:04:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PlaceboC6 Go to Quoted Post
I am playing FH2 on the Xbox One with the Thrustmaster wheel patterned after the Italia 458. Paid $400 for the wheel at the release of the Xbox One. Worked great for me in Forza 5 so far but I'm having a weird issue in FH2.

http://www.thrustmaster....rrari-458-italia-edition

Even after doing a full system shutdown and reboot I am experiencing the following...

While racing random buttons are seemingly being pressed. It will pull up the menu and start flipping through the tabs..switch my view and change a gear all in quick succession. Any infinite combination of weird **** just happening at random without me doing anything unusual to cause.

It will interrupt a single race a dozen times or more with this behavior.

My next step is to play it strictly with the controller as much as I prefer not to. Need to see if it is a game behavior in general or something related to my wheel and this game. Have never had any trouble with Forza 5.

Anyone see this?

I also have a TX, but I haven't experienced the problems you described above, so it may be your wheel. Or it could just be a glitch with the game. Try it with fm5 again and see if it still works well.

Out of curiosity, since you also played forza 5, what do you think of the FFB in this game in comparison to fm5? Personally, I can't find good settings, and it's frustrating. It feels off.. I posted a thread about it if you want more details.

#3 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:20:04 PM(UTC)
My TX is working just fine on FH2. I run the add on GTE Rim.
#4 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 8:59:39 PM(UTC)
The only change to my settings I made was to set the wheel turn radius from 900 to 540 and it seems to be ok I suppose.

Would need to try Forza 5 again to really compare as it has been a little while.
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2015 5:03:13 PM(UTC)
HI, I am having the exact same issues as you PlaceboC6, Have had the same wheel since release . I am a week into Project Cars (Xbox One) and this exact same problem has starting yesterday.

"While racing random buttons are seemingly being pressed. It will pull up the menu and start flipping through the tabs..switch my view and change a gear all in quick succession. Any infinite combination of weird **** just happening at random without me doing anything unusual to cause."

Going from right to left seems to trigger more often, but can not complete a lap little own Online without all this happening. ( A lot of pausing, changing view, changes gears & back to dashboard during race.)

I have used the air-compressor to blow out all dust etc around the buttons but to no resolve, Getting very frustrated.
Have you solved this problem? any ideas? or is it time for another $599 replacement.

Tav

Gamertag - IITAVII
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 6:39:24 AM(UTC)
Hi Tav,
I have had this happen to me a couple of times in the year+ I've had the wheel. The simple fix has been to remove the wheel from the base with the power removed, walk away for five minutes, then reattach the wheel as if you're installing it for the first time, ensuring you get it on there good and firm. Seems to work for another few months.

If you've already tried this, I don't have anything else to suggest - sorry :-(

Toni
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 10:37:21 AM(UTC)
Have you also made sure that there are no pedals or buttons being pushed while the game is launching? Sometimes during launch the game will register any depressed buttons as being in their default position when they clearly are not. This includes the wheel being turned from off center.
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2021 10:20:34 AM(UTC)
I have the same issue while drifting in FH4.

I bought TX Servo Base, Spraco R383 Rally wheel, Thrustmaster shifter, handbrake and I have T3PA pedals in September 2020. It is impossible to play Forza Horizon 4 and Car X. During the the game my wheel goes to menu by itself, changes gears from time, enables some activities when I pass them by in the game, enables chat by itself... it is insane!!!

When I unplug the shifter I have the same issues so I decided to buy a second servo TX and Sparco R383 wheel and I have same problems. Second set, completely new and same thing. Thrustmaster support is not doing anything to help. I ship back the second set becasue I can send it back within 2 weeks and probably selling the whole set.

Goodbye Froza Horizon 4. It is not fair because of sh**** wheel we can not enjoy our favourite games :(

PS. I do not have those problems in Assetto Corsa. The only thing is that when I turn on the game, from time to time, the game does not see the shifter at the beginning. When I enter control settings in the game in Content Manager, everything starts to work and I can play for many hours without any problems.

Notification

Icon
Error