5 Pages12345PrevNext
#51 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 12:02:23 AM(UTC)
I see many people having lost progress problem, thankfully I don't have it yet but these threads really makes me afraid to continue the game.
What is our best bet to avoid a problem such as this? I mean my progress is already buggy to beggin with, I'm level 163 and car meets are still locked.
#52 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 3:15:49 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Monday, October 27, 2014 4:19:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#53 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2014 2:56:52 PM(UTC)
I just lost all my cars ,game froze and after staring over I came back to one car I didn't even had (bmw z4) 280hrs , 119 cars, 229lv, 326 races, from 37% went down to 15% of the game completion im so mad I love this game I got it on system so I could play at midnight I feel like quitting but I love this game....still not cool
#54 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 5:24:52 AM(UTC)
I've lost all my cars and my progress on horizon 2 and it's put me at the start of the game but I still have all my achievements and leader board scores, what can I do ?
#55 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:28:29 PM(UTC)
Same Has Happened to me, has anyone got this fixed ever or is it useless and should just delete and start again?
#56 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 10:19:51 PM(UTC)
So for me I got a gift from Turn 10 of the Lamborghini Veneno. I thought like other cars I had to "buy" it from the auto show. When I checked my garage I have that car in two colors. So it seems I may have paid for a second car with CR because I'm also short that CR. It did not prompt me at all about spending CR. This is 1 Million CR I'm now short. Did I do something wrong or this is unexpected behavior of the game? This game is unbelievably complicated with regard to DLC/Gift/Bought with real money cars.
#57 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 6:47:28 AM(UTC)
Also happened to me last night, having finished the championship, 5 million worth of 20+ cars, nearly all perks and 25+hours of playtime.

For me the system wouldn't sync with cloud. Now it has reverted to the beginning of the game when you first drive to the horizon hub in the hurrican at the start of the game!

Not happy and don't have the heart to start again!

There should be a way to restore an old cloud save.

Edited by user Friday, October 31, 2014 7:29:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#58 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2014 11:48:57 AM(UTC)
What should i do if i lose all my cars and perks
#59 Posted : Saturday, November 1, 2014 5:33:26 PM(UTC)
I haven't been on the game in a while and when I went on it the other day I found all my
Cars where missing, I'm fuming because I've spent too much time on the game... The only car I've got left is the BMW Z4, all my wheelspin, barn finds, showcase and cars I've bought have gone. Also my horizon promo has been reset too, I just want to give up and not even play the game anymore, i don't want to reset, all I've got is my level and nothing else... I've got photo of my stats as proof, please help asap
#60 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 3:59:18 AM(UTC)
It would be good if a Turn 10 representative could give some feedback on this issue!

Is there no way to get old games saves restored?

Is this a Forza sync issue? Xbox Live sync issue? Both?

There is plenty of evidence under my gamertag of XBL achievements and other rewards stats. Can Turn 10 compensate those with so much lost? e.g. an in game gift / game credits etc?

To provide some more information it has become apparent that this occurred to me after another silver membership person swapped the logged in person and played the game from the start. It's as though the game has become confused over who is/was who.
#61 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 11:51:48 AM(UTC)
Same thing happened to me moment ago.

When I logged another profile on console game fully restarted and all my progress was lost. Both accounts were logged on, before playing FH2 I chose acc on which I was playing FH2 for last 30+ hours and bam - everything lost.

Restarted console, signed out another profile, nothing changed...

I was at something like 39% game progress, lvl 135+, 10/10 barn finds, 30/30 bucket list, 230+ Horizon promo, 3 mil credits, around 70 cars etc.

Edited by user Monday, November 3, 2014 11:58:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#62 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 1:23:10 PM(UTC)
Hey, same thing happen here 2 days ago. lost all of my cars 10/10 barn finds.

When i select a barn car and select "drive" the game freeze !

Can we have some information about the issue turn 10 please ?

Thanks
#63 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 5:40:41 PM(UTC)
Now I can't even get in game with this profile, I'm stuck at very long 'Syncing data for Horizon 2' and after that infinite loading screen...
 1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2014 5:54:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManTheRamparts1 Go to Quoted Post
Now I can't even get in game with this profile, I'm stuck at very long 'Syncing data for Horizon 2' and after that infinite loading screen...

Leave it. It will take a long time to resync. Yes I know you meantg the loading screen. That takes a long time too after a full resync. Do not do anything else on the console until it finishes loading
I blame the ants.
#65 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:11:37 AM(UTC)
Seems this problem is common.

Come on Turn-10 say something?

There also seems to be an issue generally with syncing;

My save game is around 26MB. If I delete from console and resynch then it takes 20 mins or more to complete to 100% and still sits there another 5 minutes after that. Afterwards when I check local game save size it is still only around 26MB. Seems an awfully long time on a 120Mbit connection! I realise this may involve a remote database query rather then a simple file copy but still it does seem a very long time.

BTW the local delete and resynch did not cure my problem either.

I've had to start from the beginning again!

Edited by user Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:12:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#66 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 12:19:33 AM(UTC)
I've tweeted various Turn-10 employees and email addresses and still no response, not even an acknowledgement that they understand or know about the problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem of losing game progress?

Please post your experience here maybe it will get some attention because they are ignoring all my efforts.

Maybe others can follow my lead and post to the twitter feed; @ForzaMotorsport #ForzaHorizon2.
#67 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:46:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManTheRamparts1 Go to Quoted Post

Leave it. It will take a long time to resync. Yes I know you meantg the loading screen. That takes a long time too after a full resync. Do not do anything else on the console until it finishes loading

This worked after I cleared system cache. But still - I'm pretty discouraged to play again from the beginning when you can lose all your progress just like that. Really disapointing.

#68 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:34:56 AM(UTC)
I can no longer advance in the game. Booted it up last night and was in a car I did not recognize. It was also the only car in my garage (I should have 40+). My level displays correctly and road discovery on the map is accurate, but any championship I pick just zooms in on an empty area of the map. Also, all my perks are gone, even though the stats page shows my correct number of earned perks. Local save and cloud save have the same issue. Any workaround for this? I just want my career progression back, I'll rebuy cars.
#69 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:45:05 PM(UTC)
I have not played FH2 for a while now because of the recent release of GTA V. When I heard that there was a new car pack I wanted to play because I have the car pass. I redeemed my rewards yesterday,December 1st, and booted up the game today. After many failed data syncs I hard reseted my console. After that the data sync finished but starts me off at the beginning of the game. I beat the championship twice and have the achievements to prove it. I have also lost over 150 cars and 2,000,000 CR not to mention my recently redeemed bonus (1.5mil CR). Is there any way to recover my lost progress because i honestly don't feel like playing through this game again. If not is there a way I can be reimbursed my lost cars and CR.
#70 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2014 4:11:57 PM(UTC)
I was told in the previous forum I was in the write here so I lost my perks cars etc what do I do? I haven't played in two weeks dying to play but just want everything back the way it was.
#71 Posted : Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:35:15 PM(UTC)
Same thing has happened to me. Logged in this morning and went to play and bam - starting to show the first unskippable video at the beginning. Had completed at least 50% of the series and lot the lot.
#72 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2014 11:54:15 AM(UTC)
So, I guess no one is going to acknowledge any of us with this issue. Fine, whatever. Could someone maybe let us know if the new expansion pack will work with our corrupted save file? I don't want to chance buying the DLC and then have the game just buzz at me and not allow me to play it.
#73 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2014 12:32:02 PM(UTC)
I have posted on this a couple times as well, couldn't upgrade to the new COD xbox because of this issue. Game saves are corrupt, and will not over-write the cloud based save. Here's a breakdown.

I speaking with a MS rep, I caught on to something that he was telling me, without actually telling me. This is just my speculation based on what he was unofficially saying.

The new cloud server base, Azure, is what runs Forza and Titanfall on-line based multiplayer. Not sure if the cloud saves are there because of this, but sounds like it. Basically, it's new, they are having problems, and of course cannot acknowledge that.

The Xbox One saves locally, than uploads to the servers as a live backup, meaning both are instantaneous. If you save when you are offline, you now have 2 different versions of your save out there, one local, and the old one on the cloud. This is why you have syncing. NOW, for the technical part. The save is not reading back and forth correctly, therefore creating corrupt data, lost data, ect. When I hooked up a new xbox, I was supposed to simply login, sync, and start playing. The new xbox created a new game save IN THE CLOUD under my username, rendering the online save useless. When I fired up the old xbox to overwrite the data, all was good, syncing asked which version I wanted. I selected the local version on the old xbox, but it refused to overwrite to the cloud. (enter the Azure server issue)

Again, this is just my experience, but when the tech mentioned the Azure server and asked if I had problems with Titanfall (haven't played that online) that tells me they KNOW they have a problem. I'm sure there will be patches/fixes for what we are experiencing, but don't hold your breath that your current issues will be resolved. I'm guessing that corrupt data is just that, corrupt forever.............
#74 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2014 1:19:28 PM(UTC)
This same thing happened to me in FM5. Lost all progress after getting close to Level 200. I contacted Microsoft about the issue and they couldn't give me a proper answer as to why it happened. Was given an email address to send information to for Turn 10 (I think) and after I sent screen caps to the email address that showed I had reached certain levels and unlocked certain achievements (I was a level 1, but had visual proof of getting the achievement for hitting Level 150 still), all communication ceased. After a month of sending emails asking for updates, I gave up and came to the forums here. I was warned for defaming Turn 10 and for posting malicious content. The malicious content was the pictures I took that showed my progress that I posted online. I was kind of at a loss for words. I had never once said anything bad about T10 or Forza. I simply kept asking for an explanation or a reasoning. It's by far one of my favorite series, and still was even with the issue of losing all saved progress. After realizing that I couldn't ask for help at that time without being accused of defamation, I got rid of the game and was granted a full refund by Microsoft.

Three months later, I bought the game again, and haven't had any issues, and I've far surpassed where I previously had been before the lost data. Granted, I haven't played FM5 since FH2 came out so who knows. After time had passed and I saw other people posting online about the same issue (I was struggling to find anyone with the same situation on FM5 at the time), I do realize that it was most likely because of an evening a buddy and I had been playing the game on my console when I was asked about syncing data again, and just out of habit, hit "A" to continue and that's most likely where it all got messed up. He had a silver membership at the time and it was most likely the system getting confused. Who knows.

I haven't had any issues with FH2 though other than one bug where I hit a house too hard and got stuck. If I'm over at my friend's place or he is over at mine, we don't sign in and sync our profiles on each others consoles. We just sign in as a guest after the primary console profile has been signed in and started the game. That's worked for us and it's what we've continued to do for FH2, so if anything, I'd advise trying that. We've just been careful with it considering our progress made and the amount of cars we have. The one thing that saved the game for me and got me to pick it back up was just how much fun it is. Stinks to hear other people are running into this issue in some manner. Hopefully it gets fixed. I love the community involved in the Forza series and that's definitely another reason why I came back and started over previously. Just sharing my experience with the same issue, albeit in a different Forza title. Since I haven't been on in so long, I'll definitely be booting the game up later to check on things and see if all is good to go. Hoping the same thing doesn't happen to me again.
#75 Posted : Tuesday, December 30, 2014 10:31:28 AM(UTC)
Anyone? Anything? Please?
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error