13 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 5:26:48 PM(UTC)
It seems to happen quite frequently for me, like once every 5 minutes of driving. Also there's the occasional spilt-second freeze, which I guess happens while its calculating skill points or notifications sometimes. I hope these issues get addressed in a patch eventually.
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 7:28:20 PM(UTC)
I too am having this issue. Re-install/Hard reset don't resolve this problem for me.
I have the digital day one edition, with over 100gb of free space on my HDD (internal).
I'm not part of the beta program, or ever was.

I run with braking line as my only assist. However, I did change my dead zones which I thought could be the problem. But alas, the sound bug remained even after returning to the defalt settings.
As I'm the only one of my friends with the digital version, this bug, I'm assuming, does not affect the physical copy as none of my friends have this bug with the disc version.
Either that, or the bug is intermittent upon installation.

Turn 10, please patch this - It's destroying my playing experience.

Thank you.
#53 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 12:02:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zoodenim Go to Quoted Post
I too am having this issue. Re-install/Hard reset don't resolve this problem for me.
I have the digital day one edition, with over 100gb of free space on my HDD (internal).
I'm not part of the beta program, or ever was.

I run with braking line as my only assist. However, I did change my dead zones which I thought could be the problem. But alas, the sound bug remained even after returning to the defalt settings.
As I'm the only one of my friends with the digital version, this bug, I'm assuming, does not affect the physical copy as none of my friends have this bug with the disc version.
Either that, or the bug is intermittent upon installation.

Turn 10, please patch this - It's destroying my playing experience.

Thank you.
I have the digital version as well.

#54 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 1:24:42 AM(UTC)
Actually I also have the digital version. Maybe we're on to something
#55 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 1:26:55 AM(UTC)
Digital version here also, and I get the same rev "hanging", I've reinstalled the game three times, so it's not that.
#56 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 2:14:02 AM(UTC)
I have the disk version and have the same problem, so I don't think that's the problem, it seems that the system not properly flushing the cache memory to me.

Edited by user Monday, October 6, 2014 2:15:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sorry for my bad English
#57 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 2:56:00 AM(UTC)
Disk version for me also and the same problem.
#58 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 3:21:12 AM(UTC)
Disk version. Same problem here. Played the demo for weeks and the full version for days without problems. First noticed it on saturday morning. It's getting worse since then. I'm not in the dashboard-beta btw.
#59 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 4:24:49 AM(UTC)
Yesterday i decided to put the damage on simulation and i didnt hear any skipping, i played for about an hour, could someone esle try this?
#60 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 9:42:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Turboteg90 Go to Quoted Post
Yesterday i decided to put the damage on simulation and i didnt hear any skipping, i played for about an hour, could someone esle try this?

Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I turned my damage to simulation then drove from Nice to Castelletto. During the trip I experienced 5 noticeable rev lags and one of the sub-second full screen game freeze moments.
#61 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2014 3:03:09 PM(UTC)
I caught an example of the Rev Lag and full screen hang occurring within seconds of each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Q4uJ6dmSo
#62 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 6:53:05 AM(UTC)
Surely there's got to be more people suffering this issue? Once you notice it, it just gets more and more irritating!

No mention of it in yesterday's Issues update sticky either :(
#63 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:02:24 AM(UTC)
I have this issue too on the disk version

Edited by user Tuesday, October 7, 2014 11:38:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#64 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:03:45 AM(UTC)
Can Someone try contacting ralph fulton on twitter? He seems to answer more on there.
#65 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:57:15 AM(UTC)
I have this issue.
#66 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 8:49:23 AM(UTC)
I have the digital ultimate edition and I use a controller with usb cable / no battery. I was having the rev lag and mini freezes more and more often. I was hard resetting my console before playing every time and that did not help.

Now I think I have a bad usb cable connector at the controller and it is disconnecting when I move the controller too much or touch the cable. When I reconnect the controller the rev lag and mini freezes seem to disappear for a while then I get disconnect issues again. So strange that I have a bad cable already but it does stay plugged in all the time. Old habit of using a cable to stop controller input lag compared to using wireless with batteries.

So long story short, I may have 2 problems at the same time and I need to buy a new usb cable to see if they are related at all. I have already swapped out the controller with no change so I know I have a bad cable. I will write back when I have a new cable and I can test my system again.

#67 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:09:19 AM(UTC)
Have this issue all the time regardless of if I'm using the gps or not it just happens. My tach also stops when the noise sticks at a certain rpm and then all of a sudden comes back on. It's like a huge lag spike
#68 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:33:53 AM(UTC)
Yet another reply for me in this thread... this time to say the issue is definitely getting worse. From a cold-boot (not Instant On), I managed around 5 minutes before the sound issue occured. This time was slightly different in that the engine noise hung for longer than usual. I had managed to shift from 4th to 5th while the audio was stuck, driving a slightly tuned Ferrari F40.

I use manual gears and frankly this bug is making the game hard to enjoy. While the issue isn't game-breaking, it's simply making me not want to play it instead. A massive shame.
#69 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 10:01:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SeanSAFC89 Go to Quoted Post
I use manual gears and frankly this bug is making the game hard to enjoy. While the issue isn't game-breaking, it's simply making me not want to play it instead. A massive shame.

This is what i feel. I use a tx wheel + t3pa + th8a and the (driving)experience in the demo and the first couple of days in the full version was unbelievable good! The second this bug started, all the fun was gone. :(
First i thought it's an issue with the tx hardware, but the bug still happens when using the xbox controller. Checked forza 5 with my tx setup > everything worked fine! Hope there is a fix for this problem.
#70 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2014 6:53:32 PM(UTC)
I hope they release a patch to fix the glitching rev sound. I'm experiencing the issue regularly.
#71 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:47:56 AM(UTC)
*************IMPORTANT QUESTION***************

Is anybody here that's experiencing this problem, also not able to get into multiplayer matches or join an online match????
#72 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2014 1:51:03 AM(UTC)
Still experiencing this issue. Disk version. Dashboard preview participant.
#73 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2014 3:46:18 AM(UTC)
The problem seems to be getting worse after the update, the game is almost unplayable for me now, I think T10 should stop giving out DLC and concentrate all resources to fix all the bugs in the game first, what is the point of offering us new cars while we can't drive them ?

Edited by user Wednesday, October 8, 2014 3:55:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sorry for my bad English
 1 user liked this post.
#74 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2014 3:54:04 AM(UTC)
To those of you experiencing this issue can you please try the below and report back to us with your results. Would really help the team investigating the issue.

- Can you please see if you get the issue during single player races (i.e. not online), specifically those with no civilian traffic present.
Forza EMEA Community Manager
#75 Posted : Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:00:07 AM(UTC)
I've noticed most of the problem in free mode (Offline)
Nice to see you working on this now, I'll have to stop playing and wait until you solved this problem, which I really hope you do, because the game is really great and very addictive :)

Edited by user Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:05:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sorry for my bad English
13 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error