13 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 6:28:02 AM(UTC)
It happens to me as well but it's just a sound issue. Next time it does it, pay attention and see if it's happening right before, during or after either the guy, girl or ANNA talks to you. It may have been a coincidence but that's when it was happening to me last night and it makes sense that one set of sounds could be causing problems with another.

Edited by user Friday, October 3, 2014 6:29:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 7:11:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Turboteg90 Go to Quoted Post
I played a good 2 hours today and everything was fine.
Still an issue for me :/ GPS being on or off didn't make a difference either. Are you in the beta program by any chance?

#28 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 9:21:15 AM(UTC)
Here's another example video. It occurs twice in the video. First when the car is in third gear and hits 5700 RPM. Then again after the car takes the corner and reaches 6000 rpm in 1st gear. The tachometer keeps going up but for anyone who is trying to drive by revs alone the game is virtually unplayable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLlWz7SdZSw
#29 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 10:51:34 AM(UTC)
Ugh. I'm having this issue as well. The game started off fine and I didn't have this issue at all in the demo. The more I've played the game though today the worse this issue has gotten. Doesn't matter what I'm doing in the game. I can just be driving around now and the car revs will stick and then jump directly to what they should be at pretty much constantly. It's gotten so bad I actually can't stand to play it with this happening all the time. Only got the game today too :(

It will happen when I'm downshifting and when I'm not even shifting at all, just accelerating. As for it mainly happening when changing modes, doesn't matter. I get it during races to just freeroaming. I get it if the gps waypoint is on or not. And I get it with the gps voice not even turned on.

Edited by user Friday, October 3, 2014 10:58:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/tehbonce Twitter: @ThrillingTweets
#30 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 11:42:05 AM(UTC)
Maybe this thread and this thread http://forums.forzamotor...angs--when-shifting.aspx should be combined.

Edited by user Friday, October 3, 2014 11:44:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza 4 | Forza 5 | Forza Horizon 1 | Forza Horizon 2 | Roush Designs (Click Here)

#31 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 11:42:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JacksBurton Go to Quoted Post
It happens to me as well but it's just a sound issue. Next time it does it, pay attention and see if it's happening right before, during or after either the guy, girl or ANNA talks to you. It may have been a coincidence but that's when it was happening to me last night and it makes sense that one set of sounds could be causing problems with another.

I have noticed this bug since the opening sequence of the game.

Forza 4 | Forza 5 | Forza Horizon 1 | Forza Horizon 2 | Roush Designs (Click Here)

#32 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 12:29:26 PM(UTC)
I too am seeing this issue. I see it occur mostly when GPS is active, which unfortunately occurs quite often (speed traps, road trips, etc). I've heard it occurs quite frequently for others as well.

Examples of bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEwkAlUoElo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLlWz7SdZSw

Edited by user Friday, October 3, 2014 10:53:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Getting proper URLs from Youtube is like performing brain surgery with boxing gloves.

#33 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 1:01:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: REVELATION 3 11 Go to Quoted Post
Maybe this thread and this thread http://forums.forzamotor...angs--when-shifting.aspx should be combined.
I agree, but how do you combine the threads?? Im the OP.

#34 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 1:05:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KingHenryDeTurd Go to Quoted Post
So, im not sure if this is just me...maybe its my controller, but ive noticed a strange occurrence when shifting gears manually. After shifting (no clutch just manual) the engine sort of "hangs" on the last gear. This doesnt just happen when shifting, also happens when im accelerating sometimes. The only time ive had something like this happen in real life is when ive duffed up a snap gear change and the engine sort of just matches revs in neutral. Im not using a clutch in game so maybe its an audio glitch? Anyone come across this?
I posted a thread on this a couple days ago, not sure how to combine threads but its on the same topic. I made a video of the bug here https://www.youtube.com/...n8I&feature=youtu.be im going to be sending emails to T10 and Xbox support via email and Twitter, this for me is game breaking as I drive with manual clutch and keep my eyes on the road, not the tach.

#35 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 1:19:58 AM(UTC)
Sent an email to forzafb@microsoft.com, here's the details. let me know if I missed anything.

Hi, im trying to get a hold of somebody at Turn10 to resolve an audio issue many of us are experiencing with Forza Horizon 2. For me personally it is game breaking and pretty upsetting. When changing gears in any vehicle, whether its in a race or free roam the audio will hang/stick on gear changes and abruptly come back. I drive with a manual setup and it is making the game unplayable as me and many other Forza enthusiasts change gears respectively w/ engine noise feedback. I have made a video clip on Youtube to better describe this audio bug here http://youtu.be/A4FBOy-Vn8I. Notice when I change gears from 4th to 5th.

As far as other details go,

Im playing on Xbox One, am a member of the Xbox One Beta program, downloaded Forza Horizon 2 from the market, play with manual (xbox controller w/ no clutch), all assists off except steering and braking line.

Also, id like to note I have tried basic troubleshooting techniques such as hard rebooting my Xbox and un-installing/re-installing the game onto my console.

Please fix this issue, Forza Horizon 2 is the best racing game I have ever played as a gamer, but this Audio bug is destroying that for me and everyone else :/
#36 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 2:31:02 AM(UTC)
I've tried everything. Hard reset, reinstall, gps on, gps off, voice on, voice off, manual, auto, damage on, damage off, free roam, race, online, completely offline not even connected, it doesn't matter. Still having the issue. Doesn't even matter if I'm changing gear it will still do it under normal acceleration. I wouldn't mind but the game didn't do it to start off it's gotten worse the more I've played it. Didn't have this issue in the demo at all btw.

And yeah, this bug is destroying the game for me too. It's just unbearable playing it with this issue.

Edited by user Saturday, October 4, 2014 2:32:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/tehbonce Twitter: @ThrillingTweets
#37 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 5:52:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: the sVig Go to Quoted Post
I've tried everything. Hard reset, reinstall, gps on, gps off, voice on, voice off, manual, auto, damage on, damage off, free roam, race, online, completely offline not even connected, it doesn't matter. Still having the issue. Doesn't even matter if I'm changing gear it will still do it under normal acceleration. I wouldn't mind but the game didn't do it to start off it's gotten worse the more I've played it. Didn't have this issue in the demo at all btw.

And yeah, this bug is destroying the game for me too. It's just unbearable playing it with this issue.
I noticed it too, just under normal acceleration :/ it seems to get worse and worse the more I play the game.

#38 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 10:30:46 AM(UTC)
I've found out that it's an issue with the save game file. I'm not sure how they're becoming corrupted, but I've been noticing it getting worse as I play as well. I created a separate user on my Xbox and started a new game and the rev issue was not present in the account for the game save. I hope this is something that Playground or Turn 10 would be able to fix as I'd rather not have to start out from scratch again.

Update: I was grasping at straws. This is not the issue. After playing the game for a while with the new game save the issue started again.

Edited by user Thursday, October 9, 2014 8:58:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 10:31:58 AM(UTC)
Weird double post.

Edited by user Saturday, October 4, 2014 5:50:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#40 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 9:28:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Leathersoup Go to Quoted Post
I've found out that it's an issue with the save game file. I'm not sure how they're becoming corrupted, but I've been noticing it getting worse as I play as well. I created a separate user on my Xbox and started a new game and the rev issue was not present in the account for the game save. I hope this is something that Playground or Turn 10 would be able to fix as I'd rather not have to start out from scratch again.
Is the rev issue still not present on a new playthrough? How many hours do you have into the new game?

#41 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 1:50:34 AM(UTC)

I've just tried the same. Created a new account, issue not noticed in the opening road trip in the Lambo or my first race in the BMW Z4, but on the road trip go Castelletto I've noticed the issue twice.

A few people have touched on this in the thread, but I'm also in the dashboard preview program. It would probably be helpful for the developers if people could confirm the dashboard they are running. In fact the "announcements" area in the Dashboard Preview app specifically says

"IMPORTANT: Still encountering issues with Forza Motorsport 5 or Forza Horizon 2? We want to hear from you!"

And given the previous update fixed a crashing issue specific to both Forza games, I wouldn't be surprised if this sound bug is actually a dashboard-created issue. We were warned when signing up for the beta that it may result in issues such as this.
#42 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 3:14:00 AM(UTC)
Im not part of the dashboard preview program, but I am experiencing the sound issue. Most prominently after changing cars.
#43 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 3:27:42 AM(UTC)
I'm having this issue as well, but not all the time, seems to get worse the longer I play, a cold-boot solves this problem for a while.
Sorry for my bad English
#44 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 6:16:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SeanSAFC89 Go to Quoted Post

I've just tried the same. Created a new account, issue not noticed in the opening road trip in the Lambo or my first race in the BMW Z4, but on the road trip go Castelletto I've noticed the issue twice.

A few people have touched on this in the thread, but I'm also in the dashboard preview program. It would probably be helpful for the developers if people could confirm the dashboard they are running. In fact the "announcements" area in the Dashboard Preview app specifically says

"IMPORTANT: Still encountering issues with Forza Motorsport 5 or Forza Horizon 2? We want to hear from you!"

And given the previous update fixed a crashing issue specific to both Forza games, I wouldn't be surprised if this sound bug is actually a dashboard-created issue. We were warned when signing up for the beta that it may result in issues such as this.
I was in the preview program till last night, I contacted MS support and opted out. I installed the commercial release of the dashboard OS and the problem is still present. The patch you are talking about solved the issue with the beta OS, something in the likes of the system not flushing cache properly, freezing games and making roads disappear.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Sunday, October 5, 2014 6:53:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#45 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 7:46:01 AM(UTC)
Hi guys, thanks for the thread, I'm having this issue also

Beta programme user
1000 watt surround system with Xbox one going straight through
Using normal pad, no steering wheel

Right, times it happens...

All the time, in various vehicles, modded or Unmodded.

Seems to be happening more often in my new tuned caterham, even more so than usual

I also use manual without clutch, I have tried it in all weather, using Anna and without, in a race and free roaming, it happens in ALL circumstances.

Really annoying as the game is fantastic and I'm loving it, apart from this glitch. Has anyone found a temp fix?

Hope my save doesn't corrupt, I have over 2 mill credits and 30 cars allready :(

EDIT, I also had this issue on fora 4, but it was patched soon after I believe, fora 5 has never done this for me

Edited by user Sunday, October 5, 2014 7:47:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 8:21:15 AM(UTC)
If you guys wouldnt mind would you try something? I put my xbone into 'offline mode' in network settings, and im sure its happening less frequent, like the serverd are creating the problem.

Not sure how or why that is but it seems to be happening much less.

Try it guys
#47 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 8:27:02 AM(UTC)
Same problem and talking about audio...

I MISS WIND NOISE!!! I miss a LOT of wind noise, there even is not any wind noise. Adding windnoise adds so much more realistic feel of speed. I want to hear the wind while driving 180kph down the highway and I want it to oversound the engine.
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 8:39:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TAGS Battfink Go to Quoted Post
If you guys wouldnt mind would you try something? I put my xbone into 'offline mode' in network settings, and im sure its happening less frequent, like the serverd are creating the problem.

Not sure how or why that is but it seems to be happening much less.

Try it guys
Problem is still there in offline mode. I've come to the conclusion its an issue with the cache/memory making the audio stick/clip. Cold rebooting your console is temporarily fixing the issue, but 15 minutes into gameplay the issue will return and get worse the more you play. Now my cars do this basically every time I accelerate. Forza Horizon 2 is broken and im putting it down until this is fixed. Its literally unplayable. For me at least. What a joke, does anyone Q&A these games??? Very unhappy customer here.

1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 10:01:27 AM(UTC)
I know you are working hard T10 but hopefully something can be done soon about this audio lag glitching. The shifting and collision audio lag is making some cars ( some, like the Veneno, are just pretty much un-driveable while others seem ok) pretty much unbearable to drive. I'm sure this has been posted somewhere in another topic but I will just report it here, no time to go looking around when I have too much driving to do! Thanks again T10.

Edit: Not part of dashboard program.

Edited by user Sunday, October 5, 2014 10:11:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#50 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2014 10:12:12 AM(UTC)
Auto user and in the beta,have the hanging in all cars,i too have noticed its getting worse!
13 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error