13 Pages<<111213Prev
#301 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 2:09:15 AM(UTC)
Thanks for your answer.

It would be interesting to see if the problem persists in the new 1tb-console!!
#302 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 1:51:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ixoye56 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Speed Demon996 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ixoye56 Go to Quoted Post
Installed the game on an external disk today and the problem disappeared, much faster loading times was also a nice bonus, so there seems to be a solution that really works.

Is your external disc a USB 3.0 drive or a 7200 rpm SSD/HDD?

I have a 2TB Seagate external 7200 rpm USB 3.0 drive, and it solved the problem for me.

I have to echo this from Ioxye. I had the same issue people are talking about in here, and it went away when I swapped over to a USB 3.0 external hard drive a few months back. It is also a 2TB Seagate external 7200rpm drive.
#303 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 6:09:06 PM(UTC)
Yup, good results for me too, switching to a reasonably fast external drive helped immensely.

This issue would plague me in Free roam constantly so I used to play rivals only. I've been back in FH2 to try my new G920 wheel and I can now run around free roam without rev hang.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#304 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 11:18:05 PM(UTC)
Will have to look into getting an external HD for this.
#305 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2015 5:47:59 PM(UTC)
Not seeing this
#306 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:57:21 AM(UTC)
Just played Horizon 2 on a 1tb-xbox one some weeks ago and the rev-rpm-bug is still there - unbelieveable!

Edited by user Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:58:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#307 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2016 8:18:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: adiadiadix3 Go to Quoted Post
Just played Horizon 2 on a 1tb-xbox one some weeks ago and the rev-rpm-bug is still there - unbelieveable!

Yep. I'm using a Halo edition console and the problem exists when I'm able to play. I'll also add that while others who posted above seem to have made their problem go away with an external drive, this did not correct the problem for me. My initial external was a USB 3, 2tb WD Passport which I upgraded to a 4tb My Book and the problem was there on both. A buddy of mine uses a 500gb SSD in a USB 3.0 enclosure and has the issue as well so I'm going out on a limb and saying it's not reliant on HDD speed.
#308 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 4:04:22 AM(UTC)
As far as I read in the internet this issue is similar to that stuck/load-problem in Fallout 4: The DDR3-ram has not enough bandwidth to stream all necessary contents simultanously - the 32mb esram can not help in this case because of its too smal. This is what I can say about this issue and I do not think that they can fix it.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 4/12/2045 11:31:27 AM(UTC)
#309 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2016 7:07:22 AM(UTC)
I don't know if you guys know this - the X360 did not come with enough RAM to begin with, or so thought EPIC. That's right, you can Google this - the GOW developer asked MS to add more RAM so that Gears could run smoothly at 30 fps with no hiccups at all. Gears was one technical marvel at the time.

It appears they rushed out the X1 only to realize it doesn't have enough mem bandwidth.

Well, the fact of the matter is, are they going to better optimize games so that there's no sound hanging or stutters? Will the new DX update fix it? Will they release some kind of system update that gets games to utilize bandwidth and processing power more effectively. I doubt that, but it has to be addressed and I sure hope it doesn't migrate to Horizon 3.
#310 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2016 11:13:57 PM(UTC)
I previously reported this cured for me with an external drive. I have since detected the rev lag again but it is much less frequent and a lot less jarring.

So it's been relieved but not cured with the external drive that I used.

PC & XB1
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
#311 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 1:39:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RaindancerAU Go to Quoted Post
I previously reported this cured for me with an external drive. I have since detected the rev lag again but it is much less frequent and a lot less jarring.

Just so you know, the rev hang will only occur during free roam, never during a race.
#312 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 3:47:11 AM(UTC)
Is that for sure?
#313 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 9:17:36 AM(UTC)
Is that for sure?

Oh yah! Been playing the game since it came out to this day... and whether your online/offline, it will ONLY happen when you're not in a race. I suppose there's too many variables to load and simulate during free roam... classic memory leak symptoms BTW. Happens in FM5 (micro stutters during race) and very very rarely happens in FM6 (again, split-second screen pauses).

#314 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 11:05:21 AM(UTC)
That is interesting to know - thank you. I had the idea that all this problems has to do with the low memory bandwidth of the ddr3-ram - so it can be true, unfortunately.
#315 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2016 11:56:27 PM(UTC)

Just so you know, the rev hang will only occur during free roam, never during a race.

Correct.

It normally occurs when a Drivatar is "spawning".

In a race, the Drivatars are already spawned.

In Rivals, there are no Drivatars.

Pity I enjoy driving around in Free roam :(

PC & XB1
#316 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:59:38 AM(UTC)
Very very interesting thing! As long as I can see you guys are real software-engeneers!
#317 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 12:58:27 AM(UTC)

Correct.

It normally occurs when a Drivatar is "spawning".

In a race, the Drivatars are already spawned.

In Rivals, there are no Drivatars.

Pity I enjoy driving around in Free roam :(

Well, this is interesting and makes sense too. I don't suppose there's a way to prevent drivatars from spawning?
#318 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 3:19:56 AM(UTC)
Maybe offline-play could be an option?
#319 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:41:14 PM(UTC)

I have this problem as well. It's not consistent thank goodness, but it pops up several times in a sitting. Would be nice if they could clean it up.

#320 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 6:09:25 AM(UTC)
Maybe offline-play could be an option?

It IS an option - you can play the game offline if you want. Unfortunately, the rev-hanging will still occur in Free Roam, and no amount of hard-resetting or other tricks can cure it for the moment.

Originally Posted by: arby x2 Go to Quoted Post

I have this problem as well. It's not consistent thank goodness, but it pops up several times in a sitting. Would be nice if they could clean it up.

Unbelievable how they've been rolling out updates over the course of the game, but not a single one has addressed the rev hang. Maybe it's not in their control, maybe it has to do with how the game communicates with the console. In which case, the task is up to MS to give the developers the tools and/or fixes to further optimize their games.
#321 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 7:38:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XOmniaParatusX Go to Quoted Post
Well, kind of hard to explain but when ill be shifting, sometimes the audio will stick to a certain RPM (for half a second or so) even if I let go of the throttle or switch gears. No, its not because the shifting is stock or fully upgraded etc, there is something definitely wrong with the shifting/mechanics/audio. FM5 and previous Forza's didn't have this issue(I think). Anyone else experience this?? Side note, im using manual w/ no clutch, all other assists off and driving with a controller.

UPDATE: I made a video on Youtube to better explain this bug http://youtu.be/A4FBOy-Vn8I notice when I shift from 4th to 5th, the action of the rev does not match the audio. Happens on just about every 6-12 shifts :/ Im currently re-installing the game to see if that'll fix it.

Im also haing this problem with all of the higher end cars but not the cars that are below800
#322 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 11:48:35 AM(UTC)
That could mean that it is not only concerning the drivatars (spawning of them)..
#323 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 11:17:42 PM(UTC)
Well, bottom line is, it happens to everyone, so why won't anyone from PG at least comment on this if not fix it right away?

Bizarre...
13 Pages<<111213Prev

Notification

Icon
Error