5 Pages12345PrevNext
#51 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:31:20 AM(UTC)
I am having this issue too, and two of my friends are also experiencing this issue. If my controller turns off, when I come back and turn it on, nothing works, not even my microphone, it only occurs in Forza Horizon 2 and the only solution is to reboot the console.

Edited by user Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:33:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#52 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:37:07 AM(UTC)
i never thought it would be a game issue, but this has only started happening since I started playing this game. I don't have a problem with my controller disconnecting... what happens to me is when I have the game paused, and I'm away long enough for the controller to shut itself off... when I attempt to turn it back on... it will not connect to my xbox. I thought that was weird, but I never thought i'd be an issue with the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:57:35 AM(UTC)
My fix is that every time I leave my Xbox while Forza is in, I go to the Home Menus and load up the Friends App. Then I put the controller down and walk away. Same goes for if I need to plug in my controller to charge it. It never freezes when I do that, then I just load back into Forza (it left me off where I last was, obviously be cause I didn't load a game) and it works just fine. But hopefully there will be a fix soon among the many other glitches. I don't like this one though more than the other issues because it is a console reset requirement, where waiting an extra few minutes for my credits to load in isn't all that bad of an issue.
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 9:30:17 AM(UTC)
As another test I put in Forza 5 and started running some laps. I paused the game and took the batteries out of the controller. I then put them back in and the controller responded no problem. I also paused, took out batteries and plugged in USB cable. I was back up and running no problem with a wired connection. Thus confirming there are no console issues. This disconnecting (unpairing) issue is solely generated by FH 2.

FH2 will unpair your controller if: 1. You attempt to play wired OR 2. your controller goes into sleep mode or your batteries die.

Turn 10/Playground please fix. You know my first console was an Atari 2600. I had it over 10 years. The controller never disconnected! So, effectively we are way behind the times with this technological beast. Let's try to catch up to 1975 standards!
#55 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:42:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MosquitoSmasher Go to Quoted Post
I....fixed it. This is too weird. Or did they update it?

I decided to try something out. I went into FH2 and i let the bug happen. With the controller on...i ejected the Ryse disc and i put it in the console again. It starts up Ryse, and soon i was able to use the controller again.

So i decide to try it in FH2 again. This time when i power off the controller the game says so and this didnt happen before. Yesterday when i powered the controller off it didn't give me a message at all. It said it wasn't assigned to my profile or something. So i power on the controllr and it....works!!!!!!! If this has fixed it....yeeeeehaaawww!

A friend of mine who doesn't have the full game yet tried the demo...it's gone in that now too. This is too odd...but i am happy.

Originally Posted by: CarbonCamaroSS Go to Quoted Post
My fix is that every time I leave my Xbox while Forza is in, I go to the Home Menus and load up the Friends App. Then I put the controller down and walk away. Same goes for if I need to plug in my controller to charge it. It never freezes when I do that, then I just load back into Forza (it left me off where I last was, obviously be cause I didn't load a game) and it works just fine. But hopefully there will be a fix soon among the many other glitches. I don't like this one though more than the other issues because it is a console reset requirement, where waiting an extra few minutes for my credits to load in isn't all that bad of an issue.

Thanks so much both of you, so annoying this is still happening but both of your ideas worked. :)
#56 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 12:49:20 AM(UTC)
Same problem here with horizon 2, if the pad disconnects,the console becomes unusable, and requires a reset. It's only since I started playing this game this morning, tested with other games and it doesn't do it.

Hope they address it asap

Ian
#57 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 1:45:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SavageBullet Go to Quoted Post
Same problem here with horizon 2, if the pad disconnects,the console becomes unusable, and requires a reset. It's only since I started playing this game this morning, tested with other games and it doesn't do it.

Hope they address it asap

Ian

Yep same here BUT in addition to my system locking up, after I do a hard reset, my internet goes down & I'm talking about through my entire house! I literally have to also do a hard reset on my modem. It doesn't even possible that a game could cause this but it's happened 3 or 4 times now and it's only happening when I'm playing H2. Bizarre to say the least.

My work around is to disable Kinnect from recognizing me upon sign-in. So far, that seems to have done the trick.
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 4:53:29 AM(UTC)
Hey guys solution i just found launch another game and then relaunch FH2, i know it doesnt help in the middle of a race but it saves turning off xbox
#59 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 11:09:01 AM(UTC)
Anyone else getting this issue were when the controller loses connection it freezes, and the only way to get rid of it is cold start the xbone it also did it in the demo
#60 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 11:30:06 AM(UTC)
If you searched you would find this is a common issue. It is the game that breaks the link and hopefully a patch will come out. I have not read the devs are aware of it, but I bet they are.
#61 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 11:35:43 AM(UTC)
ok cheers ace just kinda wound up after reading through so many posts about freezing
#62 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 11:40:56 AM(UTC)
I had my controller lose it's connection last night during a race, but it did not crash the game. I hit the "A" button as directed and I was back in to the game without a problem.

AKA: SP01LED JAM1E.
Twitter = @PTG_Jamie
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 1:02:27 PM(UTC)
There seems to be a bug with the controller disconnecting on the Xbox One for instance when on low battery and it disconnects the screen comes up for the Press A on the controller to carry on but the controller turns on and doesnt do nothing at all every single button is meaning-less, also when plugging in the Play & Charge kit with the micro-usb it charges and turns the controller on and still doesn't let me press anything...

Turn10 address this bug asap!

Anyone had this issue?
#64 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 1:34:30 PM(UTC)
Yup, had this twice yesterday, once batteries died but the second time batteries were fine. Both times had to pull the power out of the XB One to get it to work again with controllers..
#65 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 2:03:32 PM(UTC)
I have this issue as well. You have to power down (hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds) so it resets the console.
 1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 3:00:00 PM(UTC)
Not just me then.
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 3:03:53 PM(UTC)
I am also experiencing this. Its terrible. It even happens when the Xbox one goes into standby. I actually have to quit FH2 when i am done in order to ensure it wont bug out.

This is a pretty major bug T10 and/or PG. get this fixed ASAP
#68 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 3:07:44 PM(UTC)
Had the same issue. Causes my kinect to shut on and off as well and i have to hard restart my console.
#69 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 4:48:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrTNCrumpets Go to Quoted Post
Not just me then.

Yeah, it's annoying having to go to the dashboard to change batteries just so your Box doesn't freeze up. It'll get fixed eventually.
#70 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 5:29:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FR33xM4SON Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MrTNCrumpets Go to Quoted Post
Not just me then.

Yeah, it's annoying having to go to the dashboard to change batteries just so your Box doesn't freeze up. It'll get fixed eventually.

I have to have horizon not running at all if i want to change my batteries, even if i go to dashboard if the game is running in the background it will just freeze the dashboard.
#71 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 5:41:00 PM(UTC)
The controller issues are Xbox Live. I would report them over on the forums on xbox.com so the proper people know what is happening. The hardware section is here: http://forums.xbox.com/x..._one_support/f/4677.aspx
Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

#72 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 1:31:28 AM(UTC)
Myself and two other friends are experiencing this exact issue. Xbone requires full power off and reboot to get the controller to connect again. The same issue was in both the demo and the full release (digital download confirmed - physical copy TBC)
#73 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 11:09:49 AM(UTC)
yep i have this problem as well...my game is NOT a digital download but my friends is..so its not a problem just for the digital
side, also game discs...i read above even the beta had this problem ?
as anyone tried removing the beta from hard drive ! because i have not. can not be that to blame
HERE IS A LINK to the problem message

https://www.dropbox.com/...box%20one%20pad.JPG?dl=0

Edited by user Saturday, October 4, 2014 11:20:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#74 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 11:20:06 AM(UTC)
i had the same issue....Hard reset is only solution....fix pls
#75 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 9:07:17 PM(UTC)
I have the same problem that everyone I played with have had this problem it seems that if I quit the game on the home screen then recharge or replace the batteries it works fine but anytime in game play if I disconnect the controller it never will reconnect that even smart glass doesn't work at this point even. Big problem specially when I just finished the finale but it didn't save and i had to restart the finale over again biggest pain in the butt problem I have had
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error