5 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 4:25:31 AM(UTC)
The demo had this and sigh...the full game too. I can't believe this **** . I don't have this with ANY other game.

Here's the deal:

I was playing FH2 and i had to walk the dog yesterday. So i turn the controller off. I come back and i turn the controller on, only to get a message in the game that my controller is not paired. I did still hear my friends in the party over the speakers though. I don't have Kinect, so had to fully reboot the console.

This also happened just now when the controller battery was low, i had to attach the P&C cable to the controller. But in hopes to avoid the bug, i decided to temporarily leave the game by pressing the controller's X button and back into the dashboard. So i turn the controller on and guess what, exact same story. I don't have this with Ryse, DR3, Titanfall and so on.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 4:33:07 AM(UTC)
Have you done a hard reset on your console? Holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds?
Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 4:42:24 AM(UTC)
Sadly that is the only thing i actually can do when i get that nonsense. The controller doesn't work when that happens and i can only press the X button on the console itself. Doing the hard reset is exactly what i do each time. :(
#29 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 4:56:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MosquitoSmasher Go to Quoted Post
Sadly that is the only thing i actually can do when i get that nonsense. The controller doesn't work when that happens and i can only press the X button on the console itself. Doing the hard reset is exactly what i do each time. :(

I've seen a couple other posts yesterday involving problems with controllers but working as they should, my guess it that Turn 10 knows about it and a trying to figure a solution to it.
Forza Twitch & Mixer mod.
Painter.
#30 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 5:08:24 AM(UTC)
I've had this a few times but I think its more of and xbox problem not a game problem, go back to dash and go to your profile in the top left and choose you again to sign in and it will put the controller back to your profile...
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 5:09:47 AM(UTC)
Just now i tried it on the start menu where it tells you to press A. I took the P&C cable off from the controller....nothing worked anymore. Nothing. On Gamefaqs they are telling me this is not a game issue, but this the system and that i should get it checked. However...two friends of mine have exactly the same thing.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 5:22:35 AM(UTC)
Happened to me yesterday. Plug in my control after getting a low battery message and the control lost connection to the X1. Removing the battery, disconnecting the cable and trying to use the remote without it didn't work, nor did repairing. After holding the X1 power button and doing a full shutdown the rest worked. The funny thing if afterwards I started to charge the controller with a faulty USB cable and it was being disconnected on and off and the game was able to recognize the controller with no issue.

It's NOT THAT big of a deal, annoying but not life threatening.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:14:33 AM(UTC)
If ur controller locks up when it goes to sleep mode all u have to do is when playing hit the home button and go into something else like your friends list before you walk away from the game. Come back power controller back up go back into the game and it will work. Not a fix but a way to get around having to restart every time your controller goes into sleep mode.

Hopefully this makes sense lol

Edited by user Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:16:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:17:46 AM(UTC)
This will only work partly for wheel users though. The wheel will never get back to its correct state and force feedback will not work correctly after until you restart the game.
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 8:59:35 AM(UTC)
Two issues:

1. I use a wired controller (USB cord) with all games. With the Horizon 2 demo and now the full game the controller will disconnect constantly if I am wired. I don't mean physically disconnected, I mean the controller stops controlling the Xbox One. I had to switch to wireless to play this game.

2. If I step away and the wireless controller goes to sleep it also becomes permanently disconnected until I do a hard reset of the Xbox One.

Anyone else having these issues?

Anyone using wireless only getting disconnects?

Also, I dont have a kinect.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:37:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 11:02:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Brainstorm81 Go to Quoted Post
I've had this a few times but I think its more of and xbox problem not a game problem, go back to dash and go to your profile in the top left and choose you again to sign in and it will put the controller back to your profile...

When this happens, i cannot use the controller, so i can't do that. I assume you meant i do this with Kinect? But i don't have one.

Originally Posted by: Ace Killa 08 Go to Quoted Post
Happened to me yesterday. Plug in my control after getting a low battery message and the control lost connection to the X1. Removing the battery, disconnecting the cable and trying to use the remote without it didn't work, nor did repairing. After holding the X1 power button and doing a full shutdown the rest worked. The funny thing if afterwards I started to charge the controller with a faulty USB cable and it was being disconnected on and off and the game was able to recognize the controller with no issue.

Not life threatening now but damn bad for sure. Now each time i go for a break i have to turn the console off, cause 1.....the controller itself will turn off after a while and 2....i am not keeping the play and charge cable in my controller non stop, even though that is the only way to prevent it from turning off. For any other game i can simply turn the controller off and it's all fine, but for this one....i have to find ways to avoid it. I find it more than annoying. Should be fixed asap.
#37 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:10:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Brainstorm81 Go to Quoted Post

When this happens, i cannot use the controller, so i can't do that. I assume you meant i do this with Kinect? But i don't have one.

Originally Posted by: Ace Killa 08 Go to Quoted Post

Not life threatening now but damn bad for sure. Now each time i go for a break i have to turn the console off, cause 1.....the controller itself will turn off after a while and 2....i am not keeping the play and charge cable in my controller non stop, even though that is the only way to prevent it from turning off. For any other game i can simply turn the controller off and it's all fine, but for this one....i have to find ways to avoid it. I find it more than annoying. Should be fixed asap.

The last sentence made me reply back. I rather have my rewards fixed, Club creation fixed, added features to mute players online, the sound issues of random pop noise, improve the dam load time for dravitars or allow me to cancel that feature as finishing a race and waiting for the game to load a dravitar for me to challenge post race and also adding credits/exp to my account. Those are far more annoying than taking 2 minutes to load a game after restarting my console.
#38 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:13:31 PM(UTC)
Oh wow, i wasn't aware of all those other problems. Those are quite a bit of issues then. Is this normal for a Forza title in the beginning?
#39 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 2:08:53 PM(UTC)
Anytime I walk away from my console and my controller disconnects on Forzza Horizon 2, my entire console freezes. Is this happening to anybody else?
#40 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 4:45:09 PM(UTC)
Exact same story here. I had it with the demo too. When my controller is turned off while in the game and i turn it back on, i still hear friends in the party, but the comtroller won't pair. Nothing works except for a full reboot. No other games give me this problem.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 7:23:43 PM(UTC)
Exact same story here. I had it with the demo too. When my controller is turned off while in the game and i turn it back on, i still hear friends in the party, but the comtroller won't pair. Nothing works except for a full reboot. No other games give me this problem.

Just wanted to report the same thing. 3 of my friends are also experiencing this
#42 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 8:53:16 PM(UTC)
Basically, whenever my controller disconnects (plugging it into USB for charging, unplugging or plugging in a headset, etc.) it won't allow me to use it anymore. It turns on, but doesn't let me use any of the buttons. It only happens on Horizon 2. If I get the low battery warning, I have to Home screen and then plug it in so it will reconnect. Hard resetting fixes it, but it reoccurs anytime I have to play. I even tried using Kinect and it will send me to any app or place I want to go, but the controller will remain unpaired.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 11:01:48 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Thursday, October 2, 2014 1:45:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#44 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 12:18:02 AM(UTC)
I'm having the same problem. As soon as my controller disconnects it locks up and I have to hard reset. The first time it did this to me it messed my kinect up and I had to hard reset with it unplugged then plug it back in while I was in kinect settings. Also I'm havin a problem with skill points not adding to my level up bar. Had a 40,000 chain in a race and the bar did not move. Also have hit 3 15,000 point signs and the points did not add. Please fix this!!!! Love the game. Not loving these problems
#45 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 3:27:58 AM(UTC)
Oh Jesus....

Not even that trick worked man. I was in FH2. I went to the dashboard and chose the friends app. I turned the controller off by holding down the controller's big X button. Then i power the controller on again and well....nothing. Wow.
#46 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 4:18:29 AM(UTC)
Oh Jesus....

Not even that trick worked man. I was in FH2. I went to the dashboard and chose the friends app. I turned the controller off by holding down the controller's big X button. Then i power the controller on again and well....nothing. Wow.

Same for me. I got the low battery warning for controller while in FH2 and went to dashboard and chose friends app. Changed batteries. Then the controller became unpaired.

#47 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 4:38:55 AM(UTC)
So yea I'm having this issue too. It really isn't helpful that each time the controller disconnects you have to do a reset! Definitely a Horizon 2 issue I have no problem with other games.
#48 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:01:00 AM(UTC)
I....fixed it. This is too weird. Or did they update it?

I decided to try something out. I went into FH2 and i let the bug happen. With the controller on...i ejected the Ryse disc and i put it in the console again. It starts up Ryse, and soon i was able to use the controller again.

So i decide to try it in FH2 again. This time when i power off the controller the game says so and this didnt happen before. Yesterday when i powered the controller off it didn't give me a message at all. It said it wasn't assigned to my profile or something. So i power on the controllr and it....works!!!!!!! If this has fixed it....yeeeeehaaawww!

Edited by user Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:03:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 5:46:53 AM(UTC)
I....fixed it. This is too weird. Or did they update it?

I decided to try something out. I went into FH2 and i let the bug happen. With the controller on...i ejected the Ryse disc and i put it in the console again. It starts up Ryse, and soon i was able to use the controller again.

So i decide to try it in FH2 again. This time when i power off the controller the game says so and this didnt happen before. Yesterday when i powered the controller off it didn't give me a message at all. It said it wasn't assigned to my profile or something. So i power on the controllr and it....works!!!!!!! If this has fixed it....yeeeeehaaawww!

A friend of mine who doesn't have the full game yet tried the demo...it's gone in that now too. This is too odd...but i am happy.
#50 Posted : Thursday, October 2, 2014 6:22:46 AM(UTC)
I had controller sync issues before as well. Make sure you have the latest controller update. Before playing next time, re-sync your controller to the console using the Xbox One button (not the kinect, I know you don't have one but if your friend's who have the issue do, don't use it to sync the controller).

Doing this seemed to help fix the problem for me. I would also browse the settings and make sure there isn't something ticked off that may be causing the issue - a feature that springs to mind is the auto restart where you left off in a game. I had this happen to my controller three times or so whenever I would switch between two consoles and after syncing using the button it went away.
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error