5 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 5:11:39 AM(UTC)
I gave this a shot over the weekend. In the description it says beat a 2:29 which I did. Does this mean I will get tyeh badge when the challenge finishes? I see the dev ran a 2:28.3 or so since. What do I need to get the badge?

Thanks
#2 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 5:17:19 AM(UTC)
You need to beat John's most latest time, and that may change over the coming weeks. As for the badge and title, I suspect that will come once the competition has closed.
#3 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 5:25:42 AM(UTC)
It SHOULD pop after beating the 2:29, but when the event actually get's put back up it's always best to go for the 2:28 just to make sure the challenge wasn't worded wrong.

Just keep the 2:28 time in your head as John will be improving his time over the month and if you are ahead at the end of the month you get some credits too.
#4 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 5:40:50 AM(UTC)
Thanks all. It's a great challenge, recommened if you haven't tried it.
User is suspended until 2/3/2042 12:24:38 AM(UTC)
#5 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 6:02:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Shadow Edge Go to Quoted Post
You need to beat John's most latest time, and that may change over the coming weeks. As for the badge and title, I suspect that will come once the competition has closed.

You get the badge and title as soon as you beat his time. I already got both. It may not pop up due to servers being off and on hut you get it as soon as you beat it.
#6 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 6:44:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ukzz4iroc Go to Quoted Post
I gave this a shot over the weekend. In the description it says beat a 2:29 which I did. Does this mean I will get tyeh badge when the challenge finishes? I see the dev ran a 2:28.3 or so since. What do I need to get the badge?

Thanks

If you beat his time your achievement should have popped yesterday as quite a few people posted saying there's had popped also, check your achievements, and your title and badge should pop when you start the game up, I completed this challenge on friday night and the achievement, badge and title unlocked yesterday.
#7 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 6:55:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ukzz4iroc Go to Quoted Post

Thanks

How did you do this over the weekend? It still isnt available for me this morning! Can't do the Prague event either.
#8 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 8:43:56 AM(UTC)
It was available for a time on Friday night. I hit something in the 2:23.9XX range.

The servers have been having issues for a couple days and for some reason the event is currently not available. I'm sure it will be back soon.
#9 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 10:15:48 AM(UTC)
To get the badge, you just need to beat his 2:29 time. I have the badge from beating it on Friday after it first opened.

To get the money prize, you have to beat his final time which he has the opportunity to improve over the month.
#10 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 1:49:27 PM(UTC)
What car is everyone using for the event?
#11 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 4:59:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Spidie Go to Quoted Post
What car is everyone using for the event?

I used the '69 Nova with RelaxedPRKid's speed tune. Even in my less than capable hands, it got me a 2:28.1. Can definitely do better. Just need to get the right angle for the esses, which is trickier in a big muscle car.

AX

1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 5:15:21 PM(UTC)
I used the 66 Nova for a 2.27 on my outlap.

It was my own tune.

I will post the exact build when I get on next.

Roughly it was stock tyres with slightly wider rears, max weight reduction, the first 5 speed gearbox, turbo and lots of power upgrades.

EDIT: The event has two phases.

Phase 1 - beat a 2.29 for the badge, title and challenge. If you beat a 2.29 it should unlock when you complete that rivals session. I did mine while the servers were playing up but it unlocked later over the weekend.

Phase 2 - whatever time John has run by the end of the month will be the time to beat to get a credits reward.

Edited by user Monday, September 8, 2014 5:19:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
#13 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 5:54:54 PM(UTC)
i used the 69 pontiac t/a only in test drive earlier today and did a clean 2.26 xxxx when the servers are sorted ill hopefully get a much faster time as i was quite early on the braking and getting used to forza 5 again after 3 weeks of playin forza 4
#14 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:38:11 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the replies. I have been using the Dodge Super Bee and I haven't been able to break 2:30 with the available tunes.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 5:37:36 AM(UTC)
If it is of any help, I have a Oldsmobile tune which is up on the SF made just for the CBH, which managed to get me round in 2:24:3## (Search CBH TCCM for the tune) after 5 laps. It's had a mix of tyre upgrades and power upgrades to make it easy and stress free to drive. It's no slouch though, doing 150mph without any problems.
Now, just have to hope johniwanna doesnt get close, since my TV's been wrecked...

Edited by user Tuesday, September 9, 2014 5:38:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 5:49:24 AM(UTC)
I was going to say I did xxx to get the achievement/badge/title but I just remembered it wasn't working when I did it. I got under a 2:29 and it didn't pop. So I adjusted my build and tune and beat the 2:28.3 (ran a low 2:27 and I definitely had a 2:26 in me) and still didn't get it. Then it popped on Sunday when they fixed things. So
#17 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 5:49:44 AM(UTC)
I can confirm the achievement has popped up! Cool. Thanks all.

#18 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 6:59:52 AM(UTC)
I used the 67 Chevelle SS. A sleeper beast. Last time I checked I had the fastest time in a Chevelle. It's quite fun to drive for a 3500 pound barge.

I plan on building a couple other cars and trying them out too, the Chevelle was my first attempt.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 7:23:30 AM(UTC)
I ran a 2:25.9 in the Nova using my own tune. Have done a comfy 2:26:0 in the Impala as well. Will be working on an El Camino tomorrow on my day off.

The badge and title popped for me well after the server issues started as well

Edited by user Tuesday, September 9, 2014 7:24:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#20 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 7:52:07 AM(UTC)
rivals are still down and this has yet to make a return. I really hope they fix this. I remember when they were pushing this game that one of the top features to use was rivals anywhere. Well looks like they need to fix some stuff. Maybe there next selling point should be top of the line state of the art servers that can handle a little traffic spike here and there. Other than that I hope the dart tune I'm working on will at least net me the 229. marker to get the badge and title thingy.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 8:28:12 AM(UTC)
rivals is back down for me as well.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:34:41 AM(UTC)
It may sound silly to ask this but I'll ask it anyway: where can I find the challenge? I've been searching on Rivals Mode for it and I just can´t find a September Bounty Hunter Challenge. I wonder if it's only for VIP's! Thanks in advance...
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:47:18 AM(UTC)
Monday's News article:
Quote:
“On Tuesday we will once again reinstate the September Bounty Hunter challenge Rivals event, and it will be available throughout the rest of September, as originally planned."

If it's not in the Monthly section they haven't reinstated it yet. Tune into www.twitch.tv/Forzamotorsport 15 minutes from now for more information, as Johniwanna is planning to play in Rivals.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:58:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Spidie Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the replies. I have been using the Dodge Super Bee and I haven't been able to break 2:30 with the available tunes.

The car can do 2.22s or better. I did 2.23 on lap 2 in main rivals with it.

I would suggest taking a look at relaxedprkids thread in the tuning forum. Maybe not that car but he has a range of tunes with various power v handling builds. You may find something you like in there.
I blame the ants.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 5:48:32 PM(UTC)
just curious i read elsewhere that the 69 camaro is not allowed as its a sports car and i been using same body style pontiac t/a as a test bed whilst servers are down does this mean my t/a is not eligble? im at work at present so can some one please clear up whens a muscle car not a muscle car lol!! and what cars i should be looking to tune.thanks
5 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error