3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 10:03:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheJellyBaby458 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NJ Dubbin Go to Quoted Post
You know, it would really be nice if T10 could comment once in a while to let us know they actually give a $%&^ about their community.

Brilliant. That was it. They don't care.

Is that why they do weekly updates, and the bounty hunters, and the livestreams, and the other various special events, and they actually interact with us quite regularly, and everything else....

Compare that to most other developers.

Oh cuz I'm sure that the Week In Review and stream from last week is really helping us with problems today with the bounties. Hows that working out for ya?
#27 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 10:15:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Intergac Go to Quoted Post
where I find this challenge to????

In the multiplayer under the grand tour of Prague, The last I checked it wasn't even there. That was A couple of hours ago.
#28 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 11:38:01 AM(UTC)
It's 8:30pm UK time sunday, And under achievements the 'Grand Tour Of Prague' is still listed to have 10 hours 30 mins left to complete. Yet I haven't found it on the hopper since Friday.
If this is to do with servers going down then it should defiantly become available again to all the players who missed out. I wasn't able to play until sunday so I never got the chance
to race this event. :/ Was really looking forward to racing this track too. One of the best, With the multi-class would have been a lot of fun. Plz make it available again.
#29 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 12:24:15 PM(UTC)
Yeah i tried to join when it was up & it wouldn't let me, figured i'd sleep it off, woke up sunday morning & it was even worst!... both "Grand Tour Of Prague" & The Bounty Hunter Challenge. :(
Game seem's up now, but now there's either of the events listed. hope they appear soon. i WaNNA Do THiS THiNG aLReaDY!!!!!
#30 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 12:29:30 PM(UTC)
Man I really wanted to get in and do the Grand Tour of Prague, but I couldn't over the weekend. Too busy. Here's hoping they get it running tonight or extend it for another couple days once it is functional. Prague is one of my favorite tracks.
User is suspended until 4/9/4753 10:20:36 AM(UTC)
#31 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 12:41:46 PM(UTC)
Can someone explain what the grand tour of Prague is? Is it a new track or has a new part of Prague opened up?
#32 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 12:59:12 PM(UTC)
I've got the countdown timer in the achievements menu, but the event is not in the hopper. :-(
Cleared cache and rebooted hoping that might help, but no dice...
Love driving the endurance races--hate to miss this one.
#33 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 1:26:12 PM(UTC)
Wow so they just never replied or anything? no responses? nothing??? i wonder what happened?... THiS SuCK'S!.. THiS SuCK'S!
I Finally get motivated to play a game. & that's hard for me to do with my disability.
& there soooo many people that said it now, a weekend event goes live, & game goes free, Poof, gone, Like the entire game was Disabled, & set a 3 day timer, but only mean't to set it for one.

They really should & hopefully run this for the week. or at least till Tuesday/Wednesday, & Get it back up.
I Hear there are people that did get into the Prague Event never the less on Sunday while i was trying to join on FB's Group. & A few other group's also. Thousands at end saying the same problem all over social media. & it seem's like they could put it back up. & they definitely can at least say something about the Technical Difficulty's. but were left in the dark. they can't really say they can't respond. pretty much everyone has a smartphone now-a-day's. i'm sure someone could say something by now that can bring "Calm" To the situation & finally redemption.

Also just an "Idea" to add. I have "Xbox One Smartglass" Installed onto my Android Phone, & I'd kind of like to be able to get "Notification's" When say FM5 List's a Limited Event With A Badge. So i & other's actually know about it when it list's. I didn't find out till saturday night but i never was able to enter anyways. Multiple times i seen the bounty hunter challenge appear from saturday to the now, but it keep's disappearing & when it would show up it would say the event was "Temporarily Disabled"... I just keep checking & restarting the game.

8 Hour's 35 Minute's Remain. For An Event That's Not even in Existence. that Free user's probably got it, while us fully paid user's are left out. how odd???
#34 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 2:10:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Flaw3d Genius Go to Quoted Post
Can someone explain what the grand tour of Prague is? Is it a new track or has a new part of Prague opened up?

I believe it was just an endurance race at Prague Full.
I blame the ants.
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 2:45:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheJellyBaby458 Go to Quoted Post
You know, it would really be nice if T10 could comment once in a while to let us know they actually give a $%&^ about their community.

Brilliant. That was it. They don't care.

Is that why they do weekly updates, and the bounty hunters, and the livestreams, and the other various special events, and they actually interact with us quite regularly, and everything else....

Compare that to most other developers.

Actually, in my experience, the people here at T10 interact significantly less with gamers than some other dev studios I've interacted with. Which is a shame because feedback and interaction with the end user is the best way to know how your product is being received and what needs to be worked on. Of course, there are always a wide range of experiences for everyone ... but I love FM5 and really hoped to be able to come here and find a very active and responsive group of devs to allow us gamers to have some impact on the games.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 4:04:52 PM(UTC)
i talk to game developer's all the time, not T-10 though. they don't even reply & when they do. "Auto Negative". Or they just HAVE to point out an error in text. this is all to much... it's not even aggravating, which is why they are doing this. it makes me laugh more than anything cause there loosing a big portion of their fan base. & time never lies. we all do have recording's & screenshot's & time-stamp's of all of these thing's going on & how they pretend "There not here at the moment" game. & never respond to there customer's & fan's. which is suspicious to me cause it makes me believe they want people to get angry or something? or there angry so they'd take it out on there customer base? ton's of dev's i'v encountered were like that.

Time's all ticking down & no event, nobody's saying anything. like they are stopping/don't want people to get the badge. & the whole, it was a weekend event thing isn't gonna work. cause the game was down throughout the weekend. all through social media i'm going back sense the game became free for a moment & there all freaking out, some not as worst as other's but still all waiting to see the issue fixed. waiting for a response... that will never come!
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 4:34:46 PM(UTC)
RVM is up.. here's a little quote from it ;)

β€œOn Tuesday we will once again reinstate the September Bounty Hunter challenge Rivals event, and it will be available throughout the rest of September, as originally planned. In addition, we are hoping to once again open up the Grand Tour of Prague challenge in the near future, to give players who missed the chance to unlock it the first time around another chance. Stay tuned for more details and, as always, thank you for your patience.” – Brian Ekberg Turn 10 Community Manager
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 4:49:06 PM(UTC)
"...we are hoping to once again open up the Grand Tour of Prague challenge in the near future..."

'Near future'?! Really?! How hard is it to post the event now?! The event was up for ONE DAY! (Friday) And now, maybe, sometime, in the near future, if we decide, we might post the event. [Mod Edit - abbreviated profanity is not allowed - MM] Two words: 'Project Cars'.

Edited by user Monday, September 8, 2014 4:59:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 4:51:28 PM(UTC)
"...we are hoping to once again open up the Grand Tour of Prague challenge in the near future..."

'Near future'?! Really?! How hard is it to post the event now?! The event was up for ONE DAY! (Friday) And now, maybe, sometime, in the near future, if we decide, we might post the event. Two words: 'Project Cars'.

With the servers being flaky they need to fix that before repoening the event.

Yes it sucks. Yes someone, somewhere has messed up.

But I am grateful for the chance to run this event and get this challenge unlocked.

Edited by user Monday, September 8, 2014 5:00:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
#40 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 5:02:24 PM(UTC)
"
'Near future'?! Really?! How hard is it to post the event now?! The event was up for ONE DAY! (Friday) And now, maybe, sometime, in the near future, if we decide, we might post the event.

Harder than you think. Xbox Live Challenge events can't just be reopened on a whim by the developer.

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#41 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 5:10:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
"
'Near future'?! Really?! How hard is it to post the event now?! The event was up for ONE DAY! (Friday) And now, maybe, sometime, in the near future, if we decide, we might post the event.

Harder than you think. Xbox Live Challenge events can't just be reopened on a whim by the developer.

Well.... They should be. lol Thanks. I guess I'm just **** ed I only had one day off of work, I have every endurance badge, and the one I would like to have I get beat for.
#42 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 6:02:39 PM(UTC)
they put them up & take them down quick enough, remember the ring? that popped up out of nowhere, but i'm not complaining. lol, happened with a few other's also but i'm not specifically sure.
I don't see what the issue is? i really will never understand this one. time's ticking down, it's an obvious if they could get the rivals event back up, which is already basically there, just disabled in a way/hidden/not shown. if it would be re-enabled & there was time left, i'd imagine people could still get it before times up.

Still good new's to hear they will run it again, except if only they could be more specific with time, still the people that did miss it even though we were there ready. could still miss it cause "In The Near Future" Isn't exactly a date or time or even decent estimate of when to be ready. i assume next weekend/friday? NOW! lol....
#43 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 10:29:41 PM(UTC)
Great new that the grand tour of Prague will be put back up. I was disappointed that I was unable to complete it as I have completed every endrurance challange so far, even when they were run on weekends when I didn't really have the time to complete. Hopefully it will be put up over a weekend again to give most people the most chance of doing it.
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 11:05:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GiZZMoE42o Go to Quoted Post
they put them up & take them down quick enough, remember the ring? that popped up out of nowhere, but i'm not complaining. lol, happened with a few other's also but i'm not specifically sure.
I don't see what the issue is? i really will never understand this one. time's ticking down, it's an obvious if they could get the rivals event back up, which is already basically there, just disabled in a way/hidden/not shown. if it would be re-enabled & there was time left, i'd imagine people could still get it before times up.

Still good new's to hear they will run it again, except if only they could be more specific with time, still the people that did miss it even though we were there ready. could still miss it cause "In The Near Future" Isn't exactly a date or time or even decent estimate of when to be ready. i assume next weekend/friday? NOW! lol....

Being in a semi systems role at the moment it is usual for end users to not understand the complexities of some of this stuff. I am not saying that to criticise anyone - its just a very common occurrence as is underestimating server load lol. I have seen it affect quite a few xbox games. Even at my work we are in the process of changing from a PC software package to server based and put in a request for servers based on the vendors recommended specs. Our infrastructure group suggested servers with less capacity. In this day and age why do we need to underspec our servers?

As to why this event was killed and not revived well the servers are not exactly working well at the moment. Putting this event back risks people getting booted at the hour mark and having more complaints.

I would prefer they get the servers stable and then add the event back and reenable the original challenge for it.

I blame the ants.
#45 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 1:54:08 AM(UTC)
That's Great they listened and it's coming back :) Don't see how people are still mad.. Just wait for it guys lol
User is suspended until 4/9/4753 10:20:36 AM(UTC)
#46 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:24:23 AM(UTC)
Maybe they are moving the game fully onto Azure servers and once it's back in full operation the game will run alot smoother with alot less lag and issues.
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 6:10:57 AM(UTC)
Turn 10 has always been a bit slow to publicly address issues, and then only does so with the bare minimum of information. I agree that they could do a better job in this regard, like sticky posts here in the forum (instead of having to sift through Twitter feeds or find their comments buried in the middle of 50 page topics). They also have a very good track record of eventually making up for problems and issues. In this case, they have said that they will re-open the event and knowing how Microsoft runs the XBL service this is probably a much more involved process than just throwing a switch.

Also, as of last night the servers were still a mess. I've rarely had online issue with Forza 5 but last night saw horrible lag, slow connections, and multiple lobbies where only one person actually started the race (dumping the rest of us back to the lobby).

At this point, just be patient. They will reopen the event when they can and I am confident that the challenge will be reintroduced or reset at that point.
#48 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 6:45:10 PM(UTC)
Bringing the event back and extending the challenge period is the right thing to do. It would be unfair to the community otherwise.
#49 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 6:48:55 PM(UTC)
The Grand Tour of Prague challenge is going to come back this weekend right?

They promised to give us another chance soon. This week was mentioned.

It needs to start tomorrow (Friday September 19th) and run through the weekend.
Also needs to be the original challenge from before, and not a new identical one.

-thanks
#50 Posted : Friday, September 19, 2014 10:26:48 PM(UTC)
Event and challenge is back up!
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error