5 Pages<<345Prev
#101 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:00:11 PM(UTC)
So 2:21:7 #30 in you 66 Chevy tune. I did 8 laps. If I can speed up my entry into the down hill technical section I'll be onto to a 2:20. All these tunes are awesome PR

Thank you and I'll post if my time improves.
#102 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:57:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ToOSk3tChY Go to Quoted Post
So 2:21:7 #30 in you 66 Chevy tune. I did 8 laps. If I can speed up my entry into the down hill technical section I'll be onto to a 2:20. All these tunes are awesome PR

Thank you and I'll post if my time improves.

GREAT lap time buddy! If you want to speed downhill, I'll take the race brakes off....lol... Good luck!

DJ Saoco
#103 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:25:53 PM(UTC)
'PRKid - your 'Beast' tune for the Nova IS the truth. 2:26.9 something with some pretty egregious mistakes on some of the last turns on the course.

Heck, I almost beat johniwanna from a standing start.

Well done my friend.
#104 Posted : Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:41:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PcolaDawg Go to Quoted Post
'PRKid - your 'Beast' tune for the Nova IS the truth. 2:26.9 something with some pretty egregious mistakes on some of the last turns on the course.

Heck, I almost beat johniwanna from a standing start.

Well done my friend.

Thanks PcolaDawg! Nice job with your 2:26. You might also like the "speed" tune for the '69 Nova as well....and, the '66 Nova "speed"tune.

DJ Saoco
#105 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 12:27:32 AM(UTC)
Finally got on last night after my life been taken over by work and Destiny! set a 2.21.2 in the GTO, think that was around 20th when I did it, still need to try out your speed tunes though PR! Johnnyiwanna you owe me $20m credits :D
#106 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 7:44:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RelaxedPRKid Go to Quoted Post

tweitzel - I am glad your improving your times....nice job from 2:30 down to 2:26. You might want to try the speed tune to see if you can improve your time with a little more handling. Also, the '66 Nova might be a good try for you. Good luck!

I tried your recommendations.

Started with the '69 Nova SS 396 "johniwanna beast" and liked it. The "johniwanna speed" tune felt less agile and more heavy, the handling was only slightly better ("johniwanna beast" already had good handling). My lap times went up (a lot).

Then I tried the '66 Nova SS "johniwanna speed" and although it felt like the '69 Nova (less agile, more heavy), the handling was a little better than the '69 Nova SS 396 "johniwanna speed" tune. With this car and tune I was indeed able to improve my time even further: I'm at 2:25.268 right now with the feeling, that I can be in the 2:24.

Thanx again!
#107 Posted : Friday, September 12, 2014 10:13:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tweitzel Go to Quoted Post

Then I tried the '66 Nova SS "johniwanna speed" and although it felt like the '69 Nova (less agile, more heavy), the handling was a little better than the '69 Nova SS 396 "johniwanna speed" tune. With this car and tune I was indeed able to improve my time even further: I'm at 2:25.268 right now with the feeling, that I can be in the 2:24.

Glad to see you made further improvements! The '66 Nova is great! This track needs practice....it is a difficult track, especially once we start to push the speed around those turns. Good luck!

DJ Saoco
#108 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2014 4:19:15 PM(UTC)
This track needs practice ...

That's absolutely right. I thought I knew that track pretty well, but I'm still learning new tricks from practicing and watching the replays of better racers.

Now what had really blown me away was your GTO speed tune: with only a few laps I beat my PB, and after a little more racing I arrived at 2:23.513 (149. at the moment of this writing). Remember, I thought that 2:30.000 was my barrier? The car has superb handling and feels aggressive and good-natured at the same time. Very well done!

Yesterday, I watched Johniwanna on Twitch, where he was trying out some tunes. There's no way to be sure, but I believe that this time will not be beaten by him ...
#109 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2014 4:23:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tweitzel Go to Quoted Post
This track needs practice ...

That's absolutely right. I thought I knew that track pretty well, but I'm still learning new tricks from practicing and watching the replays of better racers.

Now what had really blown me away was your GTO speed tune: with only a few laps I beat my PB, and after a little more racing I arrived at 2:23.513 (149. at the moment of this writing). Remember, I thought that 2:30.000 was my barrier? The car has superb handling and feels aggressive and good-natured at the same time. Very well done!

Yesterday, I watched Johniwanna on Twitch, where he was trying out some tunes. There's no way to be sure, but I believe that this time will not be beaten by him ...

Awesome job tweitzel! Really nicely done, and, glad the GTO speed tune worked for you for the PB.

DJ Saoco
5 Pages<<345Prev

Notification

Icon
Error