5 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:02:24 AM(UTC)
In addition to the 4 '69 Nova SS 396 tunes mentioned above, I just hared 2 tunes (grip & speed) for the '66 Nova. Enjoy!

DJ Saoco
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:25:41 AM(UTC)
I tested the 69 Nova speed tune last night,after you tweeked it. I run a 2.20.6xx on lap 3. im sure faster is possible. I recommend this for the bounty,good balance of speed and ease of use.
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:37:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GENERAL SWIFT Go to Quoted Post
I tested the 69 Nova speed tune last night,after you tweeked it. I run a 2.20.6xx on lap 3. im sure faster is possible. I recommend this for the bounty,good balance of speed and ease of use.

Thanks General! It's certainly appreciated! And, as always....awesome lap time!

DJ Saoco
#29 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 2:16:31 PM(UTC)

PR Kid/Swift,

Would greatly appreciate your help. I ran some laps in this tune this morning. I'm sure my problems are largely driver error:

The plus side - this has given me my fastest lap time in the muscle cars so far. And, performed the best by far on the corkscrew turns.

The problem - I'm having a significant problem with understeering on the faster turns (first two and last two). I think I'm braking early enough. But, I just can't seem to get the car to turn in . I'm taking them in third gear. Understeer is also making the esses more difficult.

This still somewhat noob would greatly appreciate any pointers.

AX

#30 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 2:54:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Anubis Xeper Go to Quoted Post

PR Kid/Swift,

Would greatly appreciate your help. I ran some laps in this tune this morning. I'm sure my problems are largely driver error:

The plus side - this has given me my fastest lap time in the muscle cars so far. And, performed the best by far on the corkscrew turns.

The problem - I'm having a significant problem with understeering on the faster turns (first two and last two). I think I'm braking early enough. But, I just can't seem to get the car to turn in . I'm taking them in third gear. Understeer is also making the esses more difficult.

AX

This is the same issue i pointed out before he had a retune of the roll bars,it does understeer abit less now,but i understand what you are saying. the trick is finding the exact turn in points on alot of the bends. I did save a 3lap replay in this car of when i run the 20.6 on my 3rd lap,you can watch it to see how my lines/gears may differ from what you are doing. to find it goto forza tv on the main menu,press the back button to search like you would for a tune or paint,do a creator search for tag 'ONR Swift'. this may help,or not. to run very quick here you need to nail the lines,i get very very close to the walls on many of the turns. to get the best out of this car you will need to run more than 2 laps to get the best grip from the tires,my lap times were getting better each lap and the turning improved as it warmed up.
#31 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:13:07 PM(UTC)
I am very impressed with the speed tune for the '66 Nova. I managed to set a new pb of 2:23.982 and there is more time to be made if I run some more laps. Good work, I would recommend others give it a try :)
#32 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:13:59 PM(UTC)

PR Kid/Swift,

AX

This is the same issue i pointed out before he had a retune of the roll bars,it does understeer abit less now,but i understand what you are saying. the trick is finding the exact turn in points on alot of the bends. I did save a 3lap replay in this car of when i run the 20.6 on my 3rd lap,you can watch it to see how my lines/gears may differ from what you are doing. to find it goto forza tv on the main menu,press the back button to search like you would for a tune or paint,do a creator search for tag 'ONR Swift'. this may help,or not. to run very quick here you need to nail the lines,i get very very close to the walls on many of the turns. to get the best out of this car you will need to run more than 2 laps to get the best grip from the tires,my lap times were getting better each lap and the turning improved as it warmed up.

Thanks, Swift. I'll be sure to check that out when I get home. The biggest problems I have are with the first and final turns. With that final turn, I'll be straddling the left rumble strip and it is still tough to keep it from going dirty on the right.

Overall, I like the tune. I actually matched Johnni's time one lap. My PB on C Class Bathurst is 2:26.7 with the '74 Celica. Muscle cars are a challenge for a guy who has spent the last couple of months driving the Celica and Elan. :)

AX

#33 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:36:12 PM(UTC)

PR Kid/Swift,

AX

AX, first of all thanks for checking the tune out, it's appreciated! Then question...which tune in particularly are you using...just to confirm...it seems you are using the '69 Nova Speed tune, correct?

If so, I did make a correction to it yesterday per Swift's input. Keep in mind that I am also a newbie so prefer a little more under(than over)-steer so I can manage it as well. Yet, be more than glad to adjust it for you. Please let me know. Thanks!

EDIT - Seems that you did check Speed tune.....so,if you have way too much trouble with the speed tune, make sure to check out Grip#2. And, I can mod for less understeer.

Enjoy!

Edited by user Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:50:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#34 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:44:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OGR Moss Go to Quoted Post
I am very impressed with the speed tune for the '66 Nova. I managed to set a new pb of 2:23.982 and there is more time to be made if I run some more laps. Good work, I would recommend others give it a try :)

Thanks Moss...and that is awesome a PB, yippie! Thanks for trying these out.

I am still working on my GTO and I can already tell it will be kicking some dust. Should be ready tonight. [@ LV...just in from my drive from SD....tired, yet, wanted to check in!]

DJ Saoco
#35 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:48:40 PM(UTC)
BTW, Fat Burns sent me a PM and he used the '69 Nova Grip#2 tune and hit a 2:21.xxx and will be checking out the other '69 Nova tunes (Speed, maybe Beast!!)

DJ Saoco
#36 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:50:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RelaxedPRKid Go to Quoted Post

AX, first of all thanks for checking the tune out, it's appreciated! Then question...which tune in particularly are you using...just to confirm...it seems you are using the '69 Nova Speed tune, correct?

If so, I did make a correction to it yesterday per Swift's input. Keep in mind that I am also a newbie so prefer a little more under(than over)-steer so I can manage it as well. Yet, be more than glad to adjust it for you. Please let me know. Thanks!

PRKid,

Yes, the '69 Nova speed tune. It's a good tune. Problem is that I'm not nearly as good as Swift and also less experienced in muscle cars as I haven't been racing them very much (instead doing a lot of Elan and Stradale driving). I wouldn't worry about adjusting the tune at this point. Given the fact that I matched Johnni's time already and will watch Swift's video for some pointers, I'm feeling pretty good about the Bounty.

Good work. I'll definitely keep an eye out for your tunes.

AX

#37 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:52:22 PM(UTC)

PRKid,

Yes, the '69 Nova speed tune. It's a good tune. Problem is that I'm not nearly as good as Swift and also less experienced in muscle cars as I haven't been racing them very much (instead doing a lot of Elan and Stradale driving). I wouldn't worry about adjusting the tune at this point. Given the fact that I matched Johnni's time already and will watch Swift's video for some pointers, I'm feeling pretty good about the Bounty.

Good work. I'll definitely keep an eye out for your tunes.

AX

Thanks AX! You also might want to try out the Grip#2 of the '69, plus, Speed tune of the '66.....they are looking really good! Will have GTO tonight.

DJ Saoco
#38 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:01:03 PM(UTC)
The '69 GTO Judge tune has been shared! Give it a nice run! As usual, please provide me with some fdbk...it's certainly appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by user Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:02:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#39 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:11:29 PM(UTC)
Hey PR,

So I downloaded the beast tune and V3 for your nova 396.
I ran 2:24 with beast(a few laps) and a 2:23 with the V3 speed tune I think on memory. I can get the V3 into the 2:21's which I'll try nail this weekend it's definitely faster than the beast tune although I love kicking the back end out on that one. V3 is just a dream to drive. It pushes a little on accel but that's really my only complaint.

A truly fantastic job on these tunes and a legitimate tune that all should download to beat jonniwanna

Well done my friend!
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:19:02 PM(UTC)
Am I right in thinking this is just the normal C Class rivals event for Bathurst that we're chasing this bounty on?
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:26:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ToOSk3tChY Go to Quoted Post
Am I right in thinking this is just the normal C Class rivals event for Bathurst that we're chasing this bounty on?

Correct! However, these tunes are turning out to be really good for LBs (Top 100 some) as well at Bathurst. Have yet to test elsewhere, yet, could also be great Lobby tunes for C class.

DJ Saoco
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:37:29 PM(UTC)

Correct! However, these tunes are turning out to be really good for LBs (Top 100 some) as well at Bathurst. Have yet to test elsewhere, yet, could also be great Lobby tunes for C class.

As of yet no. I'm not really getting a lot of track time due to painting and tuning for my paint/tuning garage buddy. I got about 7 tunes and 4 more paints to complete then I'm taking a break from both tuning and painting and gonna go racing for a while. I have no doubt these tunes will do well in lobbies.
#43 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 12:10:36 AM(UTC)
ahhh i found the thread! :D okay first of all RelaxedPRKid you are a tune machine, wow you tuned a lot of cars for the event i see!

okay i gave your chevy nova 66 speed a try now, i ran 3 laps, 2:20,9 awesome tune surprised me a lot, when rival will start today i will do my best in this car! maybe after that i will give another of your tunes a try. shame that downloading tunes are limited... i noticed that the tune don't like the curbs much on a few curbs but all in all it feels great and for sure driveable.
My twitch channel: http://de.twitch.tv/xmt_sch1wo
#44 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 12:22:29 AM(UTC)
Hey PR,

So I downloaded the beast tune and V3 for your nova 396.
I ran 2:24 with beast(a few laps) and a 2:23 with the V3 speed tune I think on memory. I can get the V3 into the 2:21's which I'll try nail this weekend it's definitely faster than the beast tune although I love kicking the back end out on that one. V3 is just a dream to drive. It pushes a little on accel but that's really my only complaint.

A truly fantastic job on these tunes and a legitimate tune that all should download to beat jonniwanna

Well done my friend!

Thanks buddy! And, great times on those tunes. Yeah, v3 (or...Speed tune) on the '69 is being liked by many. You might want to check out also the '66 Nova speed tune as well.

DJ Saoco
#45 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 12:25:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LSR SCH1WO Go to Quoted Post
ahhh i found the thread! :D okay first of all RelaxedPRKid you are a tune machine, wow you tuned a lot of cars for the event i see!

okay i gave your chevy nova 66 speed a try now, i ran 3 laps, 2:20,9 awesome tune surprised me a lot, when rival will start today i will do my best in this car! maybe after that i will give another of your tunes a try. shame that downloading tunes are limited... i noticed that the tune don't like the curbs much on a few curbs but all in all it feels great and for sure driveable.

Thanks SCH1WO! Great time..though, not a surprise to me with your driving! Yeah, in addition to the '66 speed tune, the '69 speed tune is also a very strong competitor. And, of course, lets not leave the GTO out of the picture, though I made this more of a Grip tune so some folks can actually drive it, unlike the Beast '69 tune.

DJ Saoco
#46 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 12:31:31 AM(UTC)

Thanks SCH1WO! Great time..though, not a surprise to me with your driving! Yeah, in addition to the '66 speed tune, the '69 speed tune is also a very strong competitor. And, of course, lets not leave the GTO out of the picture, though I made this more of a Grip tune so some folks can actually drive it, unlike the Beast '69 tune.

i thank you for sharing this! yees i think they will do also pretty good. i just want to see a chevy nova 66 on the boards because the chevy nova 396 and pontiac gto will dominate the boards today so i want to pick a different muscle car thats the reason why i want drive your chevy 66.
#47 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 1:16:39 AM(UTC)
I checked out your GTO setup and it is super easy to drive :) I'm sure I could get in the 2:24 range with it, though not as fast as the '66 Nova speed tune for me. Good work!
#48 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 3:59:06 AM(UTC)

i thank you for sharing this! yees i think they will do also pretty good. i just want to see a chevy nova 66 on the boards because the chevy nova 396 and pontiac gto will dominate the boards today so i want to pick a different muscle car thats the reason why i want drive your chevy 66.

I have a 66' Nova up on the lb's,2.20.2xx,the tune is shared. it can go alittle faster,but not much. But try prkids before mine. :)
#49 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 4:26:40 AM(UTC)

I have a 66' Nova up on the lb's,2.20.2xx,the tune is shared. it can go alittle faster,but not much. But try prkids before mine. :)

wow nice GENERAL SWIFT :) yes i want try it out after relaxedprkid's tune!

#50 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 4:54:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OGR Moss Go to Quoted Post
I checked out your GTO setup and it is super easy to drive :) I'm sure I could get in the 2:24 range with it, though not as fast as the '66 Nova speed tune for me. Good work!

Thanks Moss! Yeah, this particular GTO does not have a ton of power, yet, lots of grip. I will be working on another Speed tune for the GTO.....it's a "surprise".

DJ Saoco
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error