60 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:19:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: o2R Dsquared 07 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: iCCXIII Go to Quoted Post
SOCCER

bring back soccer!
bring back user created public lobbies!

I don't have Xbox 1 or Forza 5 but still a big YES to this. These are surely the two features missing from FM5 that concern me most. Over the last few months myself and my club members have played a lot of soccer (in FM4, of course). Probably played more soccer than racing. A number of us have put of buying Xbox 1 because Forza 5 sounds like a bad game and the lack of car soccer certainly contributes to this thinking. We have a couple of club members that own xbox 1 and FM5 but regularly come back to FM4 to play soccer. This is silly, FM5 should make FM4 redundant. Having faced iCCXII in soccer, i know he's a very skilful player and there are many others like him whom only play soccer. There's not much incentive to purchase FM5 for these people. With regards to the removal of searchable user created lobbies, i can't fathom the thinking behind this. These last few months of FM4 i've used the hoppers quite a lot, but before that i raced user created 90% of the time. By all accounts, FM5 is terrible for racing online which means you just don't even have a game. I have zero interest in racing single player. Some remarkable decisions have been made in the making of FM5.

dont get me wrong, FM5 is an AMAZING driving sim, i dont regret the money spent 1 bit, but the fact that soccer and cat & mouse are missing is a huge letdown. the game itself, FM5, is lightyears ahead of FM4 in terms of realism/physics/graphics/gameplay, but the playground stuff, soccer in particular, was such a great and entertaining distraction from racing, i dont know why they would not include it. same goes for user created public lobbies, 1 of Forzas's best features, now missing....
hopefully the soccer community will let their voices be heard here in the new forums, and turn 10 can hear us and add these features to FM5.
oh and thank you for the praise, your no slouch either! lol
#52 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:20:53 AM(UTC)
Almost all the previous requests.

+Ability to avoid or blackball drivatars from friends list. Also to like and promote others.
+Drivatars to use actual cars and tunes used in event. Or failing that maybe a few grip builds added to mix it up with the usual muscle builds.

Not all of my friends list are racers, most tend to be from FPS's. Most of my friends list do have Forza 5 however, due to the general lack of games. No idea how the system chooses which of your friendlist are selected, but in my case the weight seems to be in favour of those who almost never play. And i imagine, or guess from the antics when they do play, that damage is off and other cars are simply turning aids.

Friends who do have decent drivatars, rarely appear, a real shame. My only real gripe with Forza.
#53 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:23:01 AM(UTC)
Mod edit - Car Wishlist is here: Forza Motorsport 5 Car Wishlist - D

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:26:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:37:43 AM(UTC)
Car Clubs \ Shared Garages - this is a MUST HAVE feature...!!
Ability to gift cars, tunes, designs
Telemetry in replays
Split time in centre of screen
Keep fastest laptime on screen
#55 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:42:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: o2R Dsquared 07 Go to Quoted Post
SOCCER

bring back soccer!
bring back user created public lobbies!

I don't have Xbox 1 or Forza 5 but still a big YES to this. These are surely the two features missing from FM5 that concern me most. Over the last few months myself and my club members have played a lot of soccer (in FM4, of course). Probably played more soccer than racing. A number of us have put of buying Xbox 1 because Forza 5 sounds like a bad game and the lack of car soccer certainly contributes to this thinking. We have a couple of club members that own xbox 1 and FM5 but regularly come back to FM4 to play soccer. This is silly, FM5 should make FM4 redundant. Having faced iCCXII in soccer, i know he's a very skilful player and there are many others like him whom only play soccer. There's not much incentive to purchase FM5 for these people. With regards to the removal of searchable user created lobbies, i can't fathom the thinking behind this. These last few months of FM4 i've used the hoppers quite a lot, but before that i raced user created 90% of the time. By all accounts, FM5 is terrible for racing online which means you just don't even have a game. I have zero interest in racing single player. Some remarkable decisions have been made in the making of FM5.

dont get me wrong, FM5 is an AMAZING driving sim, i dont regret the money spent 1 bit, but the fact that soccer and cat & mouse are missing is a huge letdown. the game itself, FM5, is lightyears ahead of FM4 in terms of realism/physics/graphics/gameplay, but the playground stuff, soccer in particular, was such a great and entertaining distraction from racing, i dont know why they would not include it. same goes for user created public lobbies, 1 of Forzas's best features, now missing....
hopefully the soccer community will let their voices be heard here in the new forums, and turn 10 can hear us and add these features to FM5.
oh and thank you for the praise, your no slouch either! lol

For me, the physics and graphics are the two most important aspects of the game and from what you and others have said, both are outstanding. I certainly think T10 were correct to focus on getting those two the best that they can be. That being said, the game still needs more to keep people entertained long term. I was looking forward to innovative new features such as a penalty system of some for controlling bad behaviour in online racing, making clubs bigger and better, things that would really advance and benefit the online experience. Of course, it was taken for granted that game modes like soccer would be carried over. The opposite of this happened and the game was stripped down to the point where it seems the only thing worth doing is hot lapping. I'll probably get the xbox 1 and FM5, but i'm in no hurry.
 2 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:57:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TG Wormburner Go to Quoted Post
Replays (used to have)

Save lobby settings (used to have)

Show an icon for purchased cars (used to have)

Get the distance meter working (used to have)

Show the best lap in a session. Splits don't do much good without knowing what the time is that's being split off of. (used to have)

Current session ghosts in rivals (used to have)

Tuning within the rivals menu back (used to have)

Easier way to see tunes and paints that I have created and shared (used to have)

A way to see all of what someone I like or follow has shared (used to have)

Dump the invite system for lobby racing. Nothing was wrong with the way it was (used to have)

Local leaderboards because it seems everyone has wanted it back for 6 years (used to have)

Custom public lobbies (used to have)

Club garage or a shared garage. We can't gift cars, why can't we share them? (used to have)

A better way to kick people causing issues online.

Be able to skip the post race stuff. It takes forever.

This

And the ability to sort my cars in my garage into my own section - also used to have.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 6/14/2042 6:31:33 AM(UTC)
#57 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:27:24 AM(UTC)
Ok so we need user created lobby's That's a must also to run the whole airfield freely without tag sense tag restricted ur hp
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:32:37 AM(UTC)
Agree with a lot of stuff here,

Auction house and a new improved storefront that merges the classic appeal with the new curated content and maybe even DLC would be cool.

Couple of others that may or may not have been mentioned...

Speeding up paint shop UI, it's just noticeably slower than FM4 with selections and moving across groups and layers taking longer and you having to wait until the UI has loaded on each screen for buttons to function. Hard to word exactly what I mean but I'm sure anyone that's painted cars in both games will understand.

Multi-selecting layers to paste, the multi-select tool using RT is very useful. Take it all the way and allow users to paste multiple vinyl shapes from the in game sheets and decals, with this feature text is easier to apply, and the whole painting process is a little quicker.

Speeding up the tuning process wouldn't hurt either, I like the sliders how they are and a digital input system wouldn't work so allow the LT and RT buttons to jump up and down the sliders in 1/4 segments.

Grouping cars in the garage is another good idea, it can take time just to get to a car you want. Allow user created groups so people can bundle, drift, drag and circuit builds together. If not that then at least bring the favourite bookmarks from fm2.

Forza has always had slow loading times since I have played it, speeding up other portions of the game where possible can only help users.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:41:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:08:19 AM(UTC)

Menus and Game interface:
  • Show the car class and restrictions for career mode events (currently have to check Restrictions). It quite frustrating to see that your current car is "eligible" and then dive all the way in before you're given the window that offers to upgrade your car for that event...100% of the time my answer is, "CANCEL" because I want to tune my own cars, which means I need to exit aaaalllll the way back out to the garage, get to the Cars selection, pick Upgrade, pick through the parts, put an initial tune on the car, test & tweak the tune and then return to my career once I'm satisfied. This is much too cumbersome, make it so that we can pick a path of the career based upon a car class up front.
  • An indicator in "Buy Cars" section to show what you already own.
  • Change the post-race payout windows, they last waaaay too long and offer no way to exit them quickly. I'm more interested in the lap times, my ranking in the class/circuit and my affinity with the car and could not care less about the 5,289 credits I just won. Either give us a way to jump through these inane windows instantly or give us multiple windows with information that we want and can dissect.
  • During a race, have a constant display of; Last lap, Best lap, Current lap, Time to beat, and Overall time. Considering that the game doesn't currently care (no LBs and no post-race display of results in career mode) about the entire race time, I'm left wondering why the Race time is so prominent and the Best lap time fades after mere seconds, which usually means that if you have a corner #1 that occurs right after passing the finish line (Bathurst, Alps, Top Gear, Yas Marina, Spa, etc.), you have to pause the game if you want to see what your current best time is. This is distracting and ruins the game immersion, not to mention that it can mess up your 'groove'.
  • Put down visual markers on the track where the time checkpoints are.

Game:
  • Event List - in addition to current career mode, I'd like to have the ability to run events similar to previous iterations of FM, but with more than 2 laps (4-5 laps).
  • I'd like to see an additional rival event, one of multiple laps. An example would be, 5 laps at Road Atlanta in a 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z Class B. Fastest time for 5 laps (clean preferred) = top of local leaderboard.
  • Increase laps for career mode races - 2 or 3 laps are insufficient for almost any track. I enjoy driving, so why make the races so short? Increase to 4-5 laps.
  • Option to run qualifying laps for race starting position.
  • Ability to change time of day for race (for example, I hate the sun in my eyes on turn 1 of Road Atlanta).
  • Give us all of the fake tracks of previous FMs (the Snake tracks were fun).
  • Auction House / Storefront.
  • CLUBS - and allow sharing.
  • Custom made races/series lobbies.
  • Increase max number of; cars, paint designs, & tunes.

Designs and Tuning:
  • Add ability to match colors with decals and paint. For example, when using a manufacturer's paint color, matching the color on decals is terribly difficult. Either add a button to match automatically, or let us see the color values of the manufacturer's default paint colors.
  • Ability to view paint designs in 360 degree views prior to purchase.
  • Ability to view all of an artist's or tuner's shared designs/tunes not just the ones for the current car (this is highly annoying).
  • Filtering to see just followed artists' design and not Turn10 suggested.
  • Ability to see whether a Turn10 suggested tune is FWD, RWD, or AWD.
  • Give the option to tune car from every race start menu (essential for me in Rival events).
  • REPLAYS - tuners must be able to review laps and go through the telemetric data so that cars can be tuned for tracks better. The Xbox One has a 500GB drive, MS has touted the cloud storage capabilities of the Xbox One feature set, and yet we are given less storage for our replays, paints, tunes and cars?
  • Additional details on each car (such as Max Torque, and wheel sizes) for people tuning their cars. This feature was well done in FM2, but was still included in FM3 and FM4. I am scratching my head why FM5 would remove this feature.
  • Using the previous feature, allowing filtering based upon this information.
  • Ability to sell parts and cars back to game.
  • Descriptions on upgrade parts; in FM2 you got the name brand and type, we even got multiple versions of tire compounds based upon tire makers...why has this gotten worse over time? Is it a brand licensing issue or perhaps certain parts manufacturers feel slighted by having their parts get lower marks than their competitors? Whatever it is, the current interface needs more information.
  • Show us what the engine swap engine type in from the main window. Currently, you have to select to buy it before you can see what type of engine upgrade it is (for example, 5.7L V8), why isn't this shown up front? Also, once you've bought that engine upgrade, you never get to preview that again because it just automatically installs it without showing you the engine type like it does the first time. Just show the upgrade details on the first screen.
  • There is a noticeable pause when selecting upgrades in FM5. In the previous iterations (Horizon, FM4, FM3, and FM2) I could select parts nearly as fast as I could hit the buttons. Now, I get frequent freeze ups and entering/exit upgrade sections are 'lagging' (for lack of a better term). Shouldn't we be seeing performance increases with the next gen console instead of degradations?

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:11:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:20:27 AM(UTC)
auction house and storefront, the ability to actually sell your cars, endurance races
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:35:27 AM(UTC)
My wishlist for the game is actually fairly simple, and all basically revolves around giving me an actual reason to play it again, especially the Free Play mode. I'll focus on the smaller things that would make the game a lot better without requiring huge amounts of engineering work to achieve (so no track wishes for me, for example)

Free Play:

- Allow AI drivers in splitscreen races
- Allow access to all vehicles in the game as rentals, not just a limited selection
- Get rid of the stupid message telling me the conditions have changed and my car selection isn't valid.
- Fix the bug where the other player has control of the menu when one player pauses the game
- Show damage notifications or bring back the damage indicator for splitscreen

General usability and navigation:

- Provide an option to quit back to the menu after a race
- Mark cars already owned in the garage
- Give us the option to purchase stock cars and stop auto-adjusting them
- Bring back the damage indicator! If you miss the damage message you have no idea what's wrong with your car (well...)

#62 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:37:56 AM(UTC)
A ghost system for speed variations in multiplayer. If someone is going 2x faster than someone else, such as someone who is purposely wrecking or using others to brake, then automatically that player should be made a ghost in relation to others who are going much slower. This would limit, the amount of wreckers in a lobby, while also allowing for real racing. People going similar speeds can still come into contact with one another; keeping the tension of the race.

Obviously this would not solve the problem in its entirety, but it would also take away some of the frustration from those who purposely wreck. The 2x figure is just a number from the top of my head, I am sure some magic optimal number could be tested and found.
#63 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:43:09 AM(UTC)
Well since mods would rather us post in these cluster**** threads, I doubt this will get noticed by anyone in important but bring us some expert hoppers or something. I think all of us vets are sick of playing with people who don't know how to brake for T1.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:47:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:56:57 AM(UTC)
OMG Yes!!! I've been building a list for a long time, here it is.

Paint
1) The ability to zoom was taken away with FM5... we'd like that back
2) Window decals... man I love Fig Newtons, but seriously I'd love to put a banner on my racecars, and I'm sure stance nation would love to sticky theirs up too
3) Please set default to manufacturers paint in the purchase process... too many drivatars are looking like luche libre
4) Is there a way to put stickys on the sides of the wings
5) Matte Paint like in Horizon
6) I miss having the metallics from FM4
7) The decals also need metallic and matte options
8) Individual car part painting... Can I Has?

Tuning
1) needs to be available at the track... I seriously hate leaving rivals to go to the main menu to tweak something minor
2) more body kits
3) rally flaps... where did they go

Racing
1) I need more laps an interface where Professional got you 15 laps, Expert got you 10 laps, and Sport was 5 laps would be great
2) Supercar racing needs to have events on courses that allow you to open up the throttle... seriously taking a Testarossa around the Bugatti Circuit and not Sarthe... is a slap in the face
3) All sorts of problems with the trackday drivatars... please fix
4) QUALIFYING!!! Look into it, I'd love to have a practice session, tuning, and qualifying all at the race. You could even make it fun by going F1 style and allowing all cars on track to bring a trackday feel to the game.
5) What happened to the speed traps... those would have been awesome on real world tracks, especially with the leaderboards you had on Horizon

Forums/Community
1) Create a local events calendar. Just build it and we will come. Forum users could punch in their zip code and be linked to local SCCA and NASA groups with a calendar the groups would update for open track days, auto cross, rally cross and solo events. It would be an awesome tool to drive customer loyalty and get people on the track.
2) Bring back the car clubs that were present in FM4 and Horizon
3) Expand FM racing coverage to deliver more exclusives on sports car racing content.... I'm thinking magazine, shows available on FM TV in the FM5 interface (like Top Gear did) You could cover the cost by charging a subscription fee $9.99/mo and throw in the car packs for subscribers.

Cars
1) Go to the car shows and bring us those cars. I'd love to see a LA auto show pack, a Detroit and Stuttgart pack... a SEMA pack would be EPIC... come on up the game
2) Kit cars... everyone in the amateur scene wants Factory Five... esp the 818
3) Concept cars... Lancia Stratos PLEASE!!!
4) Link up with Drive or Top Gear, and deliver us video of the cars in autovista in action. The Top Gear bit on that car would be great.

I could go on for days... Love the game, keep making it better.
Geoff
 2 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:07:35 AM(UTC)
User Created Lobbies - One of the reasons I haven't played much multiplayer on F5
 2 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:20:41 AM(UTC)
Who else is mad that turn10 sold us an incomplete game?... lol but anyway, out of all the features that I'd expect in forza and that have been in previous forza(its a lot btw). The one that annoys me the most is not being able to save online replay. Also with the offline replays u can save, u can't open ur telemetry as the replay is playing. In previous forza I'd watch old replays to look at my telemetry in slow motionmotion to help me dial in drift and race setups. :(
 2 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:26:05 AM(UTC)
- auction house
- storefront
- in car cockpit view (split screen)
 1 user liked this post.
#68 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:28:50 AM(UTC)
most important:
- auction house
- storefront
- in car cockpit view (split screen)

moreover
- gifting
- selling cars back to the game
- qualifyng to set the starting position
- keep fastest laptime on screen

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:21:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:30:30 AM(UTC)
My list is not so much a wish list more so a fix list.

Custom Public lobbys.
Option to save lobby settings.
Ability to save Replays.
Spectate option.
Invite friends to game not just those in party.
Storefronts.
Auction house.
Car clubs.
Ability to search for gamertags that use the full 15 characters not 14 lol.
Overall leaderboard not just track specific.

1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:30:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: focofox37 Go to Quoted Post

Paint
5) Matte Paint like in Horizon
6) I miss having the metallics from FM4

5) FM5 has matte paint. It is the 2nd option from the left on Special Paints.
6) There are a bunch of metallics (Aluminum, Chrome, Steel, Gold, Brass, etc.) available on the right side of the Special Paints section. You can 'tint' a couple of them as well.

Originally Posted by: focofox37 Go to Quoted Post

Forums/Community
1) Create a local events calendar. Just build it and we will come. Forum users could punch in their zip code and be linked to local SCCA and NASA groups with a calendar the groups would update for open track days, auto cross, rally cross and solo events. It would be an awesome tool to drive customer loyalty and get people on the track.

Ooooh, me like!

#71 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:33:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Upgrade Shop - Car select: Add the ability to switch cars from within the Upgrade Shop. Always show the car model name on every screen in Upgrades and Tuning.

Buy Cars/My Cars - Filters: Add all the car search filters available in FM4. Display Body Family (vital for Career series restrictions), Model Family, value, and other categories listed in FM4's garage. Add the ability to group cars into custom named categories as in FM4.

My Cars - Upgrades display: Add an indicator of tire type, or the filename of the currently installed tuning setup, or a toggable list of installed upgrades for each of My Cars to make it easier to pick out drag setups vs. circuit setups quickly in multiplayer and single player event lobbies.

Replay Cameras - Helicopter view: Add the dolly helicopter views as in Forza Horizon.

Drivatars - Design selection: Add the option to select designs for the Drivatar opponents to use in races against you (preferable for photography).

Racing - Post race payout display: Add a Press A to Continue to each payout screen to give players control over either pausing on the payout info, or skipping it quickly.

All this. And make the rating system for photos actually mean something beyond 3 views per pic. :P
 2 users liked this post.
#72 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:41:21 AM(UTC)
CUSTOM PUBLIC LOBBIES
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:52:24 AM(UTC)
an in car cockpit view in the split screen mode as it used to be
 2 users liked this post.
#74 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 9:54:54 AM(UTC)
Can we please have the rest of the game?!And some hoppers with out noobs wall riding and taken pll out every race?F5 has nothing new in it and less content ..and still get dash boarded the same as f4 ... and do it quick level 625 and board!!!!
 2 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:02:46 AM(UTC)
Hi, my suggestions are:
- Qualifyng session before race to set the starting position
- During a race in the HUD the way to display the gap from the opponents (ahead and behind)
- The way to make good starts (for example show rpm immediatly)
- At the end of a race the list of every lap with time
- Day/Night races
- Car setup before each race
- Manual kers activation
- Helicopter view camera in photo mode
- Car repair in photo mode
- In the buy car mode see owned cars
- The way to paint glasses
- Good music in menus
- More spaces in fozavista

Bye
F