60 Pages123>>Next
 9 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 5:57:21 PM(UTC)
This is the place to discuss what game features you would like to see in Forza Motorsport 5.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 11, 2020 6:20:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza Community Team
 82 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 6:04:00 PM(UTC)
Auction House,
Storefront
A way to view all paints/tunes without getting in each car
View paints/tunes shared by friends/followers automatically
Day/Night Racing
All Weather racing
gifting, even if something can only be gifted once and then thats it
a way to sell cars back to the game

https://www.facebook.com/johniwanna -Support our unicorn saint!!!

RIP Steven Anthony Brieno
AKA "Doodley Squat"
May 1st, 1959 - April 30, 2014
 9 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 2:33:04 AM(UTC)
Local leaderboards same as FM2.
Career based leaderboards.
I blame the ants.
 8 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 4:45:29 AM(UTC)
i would love to have time attack lobbies back in forza 5 multiplayer with more then one class.

Edited by user Saturday, January 18, 2014 4:47:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: i was bored.

47 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:15:15 AM(UTC)
Main Menu - Pins: Using the Xbox One dashboard as an example, I'd like to be able to pin favorite game menu locations to the main game menu layout for quick access. My Cars is always my starting point to the game and it seems like it takes an unnecessary number of menu clicks to get to them. I'd redesign the main menu by splitting the Career menu box into two - one for My Cars, and one free box to pin your favorite location in (as specific as Multiplayer Special Events Unlimited Drag for example). Maybe even the ability to move the boxes around or change their sizes to customize your display would be nice to have.

Main Menu - Community content display: I keep forgetting to look for user-generated content like Forza TV and shared photos. It would be nice to see a scroll of current Select, Popular, and Friends photos, designs, and maybe even tuning files, either within a main menu box or as a screen-saver. Something automatic and upfront to show off what the community is producing to prompt me to check it out.

Career - Restrictions display/options: Add a button to show event restrictions in Career League series. Always show the full series event list (even if events are locked), not only after the Championship is complete. Add the option to Buy eligible cars stock, not just upgraded. Add the option to upgrade/tune/paint in the event menu (next to assists). Always show the track name in the event info screen.

Career - Bonus races: If new tracks are added through DLC, add Bonus races for these environments.

Upgrade Shop - Car select: Add the ability to switch cars from within the Upgrade Shop. Always show the car model name on every screen in Upgrades and Tuning.

Buy Cars/My Cars - Filters: Add all the car search filters available in FM4. Display Body Family (vital for Career series restrictions), Model Family, value, and other categories listed in FM4's garage. Add the ability to group cars into custom named categories as in FM4.

My Cars - Upgrades display: Add an indicator of tire type, or the filename of the currently installed tuning setup, or a toggable list of installed upgrades for each of My Cars to make it easier to pick out drag setups vs. circuit setups quickly in multiplayer and single player event lobbies.

Message Center: When a DLC pack or content update is released, use the Message Center DLC section to make the announcement. ("IGN car pack released, followed by a related content update" and content update changelog).

Design selection - Free Look: Add the ability to Free Look in the initial design or paint selection menu, not just after the paint has been selected. (Pressing Back at this point still allows Free Look to work, so this seems doable)

Paint - saved color: Add the ability to save a custom paint color for easy selection regardless of the car model.

Replay Cameras - Helicopter view: Add the dolly helicopter views as in Forza Horizon.

Drivatars - Design selection: Add the option to select designs for the Drivatar opponents to use in races against you (preferable for photography).

Racing - Start countdown: Show the tach immediately when the start timer begins to allow for better RPM staging (vital for drag racing).

Racing - Post race payout display: Add a Press A to Continue to each payout screen to give players control over either pausing on the payout info, or skipping it quickly.

Leaderboard - Assists key: Add an indication of the car's drivetrain to the leaderboards.

Rivals Events: Add a 0-60mph-0 rivals event. Add slalom Autocross events on drag strips (gates equally spaced on a centerline requiring tight S-turns). Add time attack events with Automatic-only override, which would help unskilled controller users show their racing line skills against Manual/Clutch drivers.

Edited by user Sunday, January 19, 2014 10:41:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

20 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 7:58:39 PM(UTC)
When voting to kick online - keep the timing the same as now but have the vote visible to all except the person being voted for.

New challenges added monthly.

Edited by user Sunday, January 19, 2014 8:01:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I blame the ants.
 67 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 8:54:07 PM(UTC)
Replays (used to have)

Save lobby settings (used to have)

Show an icon for purchased cars (used to have)

Get the distance meter working (used to have)

Show the best lap in a session. Splits don't do much good without knowing what the time is that's being split off of. (used to have)

Current session ghosts in rivals (used to have)

Tuning within the rivals menu back (used to have)

Easier way to see tunes and paints that I have created and shared (used to have)

A way to see all of what someone I like or follow has shared (used to have)

Dump the invite system for lobby racing. Nothing was wrong with the way it was (used to have)

Local leaderboards because it seems everyone has wanted it back for 6 years (used to have)

Custom public lobbies (used to have)

Club garage or a shared garage. We can't gift cars, why can't we share them? (used to have)

A better way to kick people causing issues online.

Be able to skip the post race stuff. It takes forever.

Edited by user Sunday, January 19, 2014 8:57:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Easier to read

55 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:31:20 AM(UTC)
Auction house/storefront return

Custom public lobbies

Clubs with garages returned.

Gifting of tunes/paints for collabs

Better loads times which will also reduce those pre/post race screens that hide the loading times

Local leaderboards

Ability to search paints for ANY vehicle not just the one you're in

Tuning while in test drive mode like it used to be

Sell cars back to game

Fix the aspiration glitch that's been around forever

Bring back online replays

Bring back unicorns. Just 3 like we used to have, but something to work for if you're community focused and enjoy the forums

Use any cars in split screen mode so as not to penalise a guest player

Add some proper music

Nurburgring back please

Fujimi kaido back please

Proper names for upgrades, not this mass appeal arcade racer mindset of street/pro/race upgrades. This is supposed to be a sim, not Need for Speed.

More space for replays, i mean come one, i can only save 10 replays? How big are those files?

More space for paints and tunes, people are hitting the limits already, and when we have to keep making multiple paints to try and get ANY profit, limits don't help

Give people actual credits for their work. You should get credits EVERY time someone downloads your paint/tune, not after certain limits which are hard to reach because you can only search paints/tunes for the specific vehicle you are in. I used to search for paints, and buy the vehicle it was painted for, now we can't do that.

Coloured smoke tyres for drifting

Ability to turn lights on/off manually, especially in photo mode.

Once vinyls are grouped, ability to treat them as one vinyl to change skew/opacity etc.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:18:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Removed request after Snowowl showed me how to do it! lol

9 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 9:12:12 AM(UTC)
I would like to have Clubs, Storefront and the ability to gift cars back. To be honest I'm not missing the Auction House.
 33 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:29:08 AM(UTC)
Auction House

Storefront

Bring back all the garage filters we had in FM4 (Body Family, Model, Make, Aspiration, Cylinders, etc.)

Ability to sell cars back to the game

An icon in the buy cars menu to show what cars are already owned

Distance meter as it was in FM4

Save replays of online races

Spectate online races

World leaderboards as they were in FM4

Gifting cars, tunes and paints

Ability to use the A button to skip through the post race cut scenes

Show the best lap time during the race

12 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:37:04 AM(UTC)
-More Tracks!
-Storefront
-Pubblic Lobbis filtered by language ( like in fm2 )
-Save replays on multiplayer
-Possibilities tu " tune " the car in lobbies
 9 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:40:00 AM(UTC)
rules, flags and an end to unnecessary blocking
 12 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:45:27 AM(UTC)
Career mode expansion. I cleared the whole career mode in about a 10th of the time it took in FM3 and FM4.

And everything above! Start on Worms list first please, they are the most important!
 7 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:53:25 AM(UTC)
- Custom Public Lobby's - Failing that a 'Hardcore mode' with No assists, forced cockpit view, full damage, increase fuel usage and increase tyre wear longer races for each car class.
- Replays for online races, so we can send the links to the 'Crash Team' again...
- A way to mute the entire lobby, i was in a hopper last night full of crashers and i swear i was playing COD with a bunch of 7 year olds from the way they were talking. i ended up muting them all, but it would be much quicker if you could mute them all in one go.

Mash Tuned since 2005 | Youtube

1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:01:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ma5hEd Go to Quoted Post
forced **** pit view

Ah ha ha! Over sensitive word filter much?
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:05:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: S1yfa Go to Quoted Post
forced **** pit view

lol, i didn't notice that!

5 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:10:13 PM(UTC)

- A way to mute the entire lobby, i was in a hopper last night full of crashers and i swear i was playing COD with a bunch of 7 year olds from the way they were talking. i ended up muting them all, but it would be much quicker if you could mute them all in one go.

If you snap party chat and select turn on party chat, you won't have to listen to anyone in the lobby. This is what I do when I can't take anymore of the excessive egos and vulgarity and it's much quicker than trying to mute each individual.

19 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:11:05 PM(UTC)
User created public lobbies

Car soccer

False starts in drag racing.

Ability to save multiplayer replays -EDIT: this has been added now.

Telemetry while viewing replays

Best lap and last lap always displayed throughout race.

Spectating

Gifting cars

Ability to create custom groups of cars in your garage

Tuning cars while waiting in the lobby.

Assists fields on leaderboards to show whether people use the full line, braking line or none

The ability to skip the cut scenes!

Personal ghost as well as rival ghost

Update rival ghost 1 lap after beating the previous rival

Ability to set up a race with some qualifying laps before it that determine grid position

Cat and Mouse (but make sure it will not affect drivatar behavior)

When buying cars, an indicator showing if you already own one.

Race results that display correctly (DNF only for people who actually DNF)

When someone quits out of a drag lobby, not having the rest of the cars in the lobby smash into each other because of the reshuffle.

Make tune and design payouts accumulate, not just based on usage within a 24hr period.

Some badges for difficult to attain things like 100000 or even 1 million online wins, reaching level 1000 or maybe 10K, 50K points in a single drift, 100 million in race winnings, etc. Things that few people will get, or at least will not get for a while.

Sticky pavement and grass on Yas Marina, Spa, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Indianapolis. Just something to make cutting the track not even an option. Also slightly sticky guard rails on Bernese alps and Bathurst. Just enough to make wall riding lose time over a proper line. Maybe there is a better way to do it than quicksand. I don't know, I'm just sick of the cheating.

Car clubs including club garage

Allow guest account to use primary account's cars.

Night racing

Weather

Edited by user Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:07:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Added more stuff

3 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:15:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xzxHATEBREEDxzx Go to Quoted Post

If you snap party chat and select turn on party chat, you won't have to listen to anyone in the lobby. This is what I do when I can't take anymore of the excessive egos and vulgarity and it's much quicker than trying to mute each individual.

Thanks, that will be much quicker going forward.

7 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:12:43 PM(UTC)
Auction house
Time to car in front/car behind
More races in career mode
Option to look at race results after career mode race
A method to report other players for griefing
A quick toggle to mute all other players
 9 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:22:45 PM(UTC)
more suspension adjustments/bags
Custom lobbies
boost control
actual dyno run cutscene
 5 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:32:53 PM(UTC)
Would really like to see more tracks added in the future.
Option to toggle slow grass (annoying)
Ability to change the size of stock rims
Ability to paint rims and keep the chrome/machined lip
Ability to make vinyls any special color that available in the game.
 8 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:35:31 PM(UTC)
More features from fm4 that did not make it.
Auction house, league restrictions, beter livery search, ...
Music ! Real music like fm4 not this type of music

Edited by user Friday, January 24, 2014 9:28:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

9 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:52:45 PM(UTC)
Pretty much everything what TG Wormburner posted. We have been hosting competitions in Forza 4 over at xboxworld.nl since it's launch. When it got more and mor serious we started making after race reports. We have a lot of rules, making racing fair and fun for everyone and the online replays were essential for that. So stuff that we miss the most for online competitions:

Online Replays

Save lobby settings

Get the distance meter working

Show the best lap in a session. Splits don't do much good without knowing what the time is that's being split off of.

Dump the invite system for lobby racing. Nothing was wrong with the way it was

Club garage or a shared garage. We can't gift cars, why can't we share them?

Forza 5 really is a good game. The things that they have improved on are really a step up. Graphics are good, but more importantly the physics feel really good! So the racing itself is really fun, but doing competitions is hard to do with so many simple features missing!

Edited by user Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:56:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:59:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: S1yfa Go to Quoted Post
forced cockpit view

lol, i didn't notice that!

Fixed!
T10.
60 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error