This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 6:23:56 PM(UTC)
Hello, i am wondering if there will be any unicorn cars in forza horizon 2?
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 6:42:33 PM(UTC)
I think that there won't be unicorns in Horizon 2. Also, use the "What We Know So Far" thread stickied on this subforum for more info.
"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 7:43:23 PM(UTC)
"Sadly, the "Unicorn" – rare and hard to obtain – cars of the original Forza Horizon won't be making a return, but Fulton insists that he and his team are still firm believers in giving dedicated community members their own little perks. "While we won’t have unicorn cars in Forza Horizon 2, we do have lots of ways for players to earn unique gifts in the game," he says. "One of the best ways is through our Forza Rewards program, which rewards players with cool in-game stuff just for playing Forza games. We have lots of ways for players to get involved with the community and, in many cases, earn rewards as a result. This includes unique liveried cars that our community team builds for special events/occasions, new cars, credit gifts and more.""

http://www.redbull.com/e...orza-horizon-2-interview
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 10:14:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
"Sadly, the "Unicorn" – rare and hard to obtain – cars of the original Forza Horizon won't be making a return, but Fulton insists that he and his team are still firm believers in giving dedicated community members their own little perks. "While we won’t have unicorn cars in Forza Horizon 2, we do have lots of ways for players to earn unique gifts in the game," he says. "One of the best ways is through our Forza Rewards program, which rewards players with cool in-game stuff just for playing Forza games. We have lots of ways for players to get involved with the community and, in many cases, earn rewards as a result. This includes unique liveried cars that our community team builds for special events/occasions, new cars, credit gifts and more.""

Sounds great, i like the fact at all players can attain rare/unique items
#5 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 2:43:23 AM(UTC)
Yeah, good riddance.
#6 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 5:58:51 AM(UTC)
While there are still a couple unicorn cars I'm looking for (1 each in Horizon1 and FM4), I really am glad to see unicorn cars go. It seems like the existence of unicorns causes more problems and community aggravation and bad feelings than it's worth. Also, the board mods have to field a steady stream of threads in the discussion forums from posters wanting unicorns even though there are typically a dozen similar topics on the front page of the board. While there are some chances to get unicorns, some avenues are extremely difficult to impossible, such as the livery contests, as the established painters have a stranglehold on those, and the photo contests where it's really luck of the draw. I will enjoy playing for the unique paints that are to come and hope there will be some fun contests and prizes that do not involve unicorns.

-k
User is suspended until 11/25/2027 7:16:03 PM(UTC)
#7 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 5:59:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zeem Frostmaw Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, good riddance.

whats your problem, I think this is great, we get cars and other stuff now instead of just money. cant wait :D
(FH2 is out) APEX! APEX!

#8 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 7:49:26 AM(UTC)
I don't think that statement automatically means that Forza Rewards will now include cars. It wouldn't surprise me if a month or two do include cars at the launch of FH2, but what he's saying sounds to me like the gift cars Robin has painted and distributed to VIPs and sometimes to everyone (holiday, etc). But we do know that the level up award wheel from FH1 is back with FH2, which will provide a random chance of cars or credits within the game. We'll have to see if he is referring to any additional awards.
#9 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 8:50:15 PM(UTC)
I hated the very concept of unicorn cars. If the car's in the game, it should be available to anyone and everyone who bought a copy, regardless of driving skill, painting ability, or photographic artistry.

I'm glad they're gone.
"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

-Jeremy Clarkson, explaining how an AMG Merc beat a Maserati on TG track.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 9:11:25 PM(UTC)
Hurray for casuals. *Round of applause.
#11 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 9:36:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Savage One21P Go to Quoted Post

Sometimes I feel like the Missing Link between casual and hardcore, lol.

"Precision, finesse, and handling will ALWAYS be defeated by shouting, smoking, and POWER."

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 4:59:31 AM(UTC)

You might want to go back and read through the previous posts. The exclusion of unicorns is not as much a victory for "casuals" as it is in the best interest of the game and franchise. If there were to be unicorns again, there should be some way within the game of obtaining them that is eventually possible for everyone should they put the time in (reaching a certain level, completing a circuit a number of times, number of wins, number of miles in a certain car, etc.). I was not around for the awarding of unicorns for completing certain hotlap challenges which aren't offered anymore, but hotlapping in itself is problematic. The top players would always get the cars whereas someone like me who might put in a ton of time would never be able to attain a top time.

The problem is, people repeatedly post either wanting to know where to get them or wanting them gifted which ain't gonna happen. The three ways to get unicorns now are below, and even so is not guaranteed.

The first way: Photo Contests... Photo contests are very hard to win because of the volume of entries and the fact that all entries go into a massive pool for voting or selection. Even if you have a great photo, the chances of it being selected are remote.

The second way: Livery Contests.... Let's be realistic about this one. The established painters are so far above everyone else, that the chances of placing are slim to none. I've entered before, but my paints are no where near as detailed as the pros. Some painters even have extra designs kicking around that they can use to throw into the contests and win themselves a few extra unicorns.

The third way: Forum participation... This is the best current chance at unicorn cars. To participate in every news thread you can post to is your best bet. I'm finding the success rate to be about one unicorn in a month and half's posting time, which isn't too bad.

-k

Edited by user Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:00:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 4:59:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: B Wald Big Mek Go to Quoted Post

Sometimes I feel like the Missing Link between casual and hardcore, lol.

you guys must not put enough effort into the game then (I got 5 out of the 7 unicorn cars in forza horizon--although FM4 I only have 2 or 3 because I dont have the DLC's for the FE edition)
but a car that is not a unicorn can easily beat a unicorn car
(FH2 is out) APEX! APEX!

#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:21:32 AM(UTC)
You're absolutely right though, a unicorn car does not give any real competitive advantage, nor should it. Unicorns are just meant to be rarer cars than others. I'm relatively sure though, that you don't need DLCs for any of the unicorn cars in FM4. Unfortunately, I came onto the FM4/FH scene recently and missed all the easy unicorn opportunities when the games were new (was primarily a PC gamer, but now longer work hours make using a 360 after work easier than setting up my laptop).

-k
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:33:12 PM(UTC)
I blame the whiners lol I miss unicorns. It is fair that everyone gets cars they want but it's cool to have exclusive cars to collect
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:44:06 PM(UTC)
I think I was misunderstood. I've won unicorns myself, and never said they give an unfair advantage (LB cars do that, but only some of them).

I just think it's wrong.

I ONLY TUNE GUITARS
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:53:32 PM(UTC)
I bid a fond farewell to unicorns, glad they're gone. I've won a few of them in online competitions with relative ease, but the ONE I really wanted eluded me for so dang long because T10 would hold a vote on which car got gifted, rather than let the individual choose their rewarded unicorn. The one I wanted was the 69 SS Camaro in FM4, I participated in a number of events in which I won a unicorn; but couldn't get the one I wanted because everyone else wanted something else.

I finally got it due to dumb luck by making a half right guess in a DLC clue thread, kinda robbed me of the sense of accomplishment.

And I had absolutely no interest in any of the unicorns in Horizon.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:54:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

You picked some day to finally find the devil in your eyes, looking inside mine
Youre a long way from paradise. Say goodbye, youre the boy who cried
Im the wolf outside your door and youre in trouble
with every wolf you saw before and youll never last long
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:47:13 PM(UTC)
I'm pretty happy there's no unicorn in FH2 too.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, August 13, 2014 12:59:14 PM(UTC)
(@Kdog, I have the essentials edition that does not have all the car packs of the unicorn cars)
(FH2 is out) APEX! APEX!

#20 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 4:01:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LXG SHOOTER Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Sounds great, i like the fact at all players can attain rare/unique items

Sadly!!...I think Unicorns are the worst game feature ever created, I think EVERYBODY should be able to get ALL the vehicles in a game, yes they could be free for doing certain things, but if you don't want to do that - or more importantly miss the window to get them - then you should be able to buy them.

Notification

Icon
Error