2 Pages12Next
Rank: Driver's Permit
 5 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 10:41:45 PM(UTC)
The initial storyline and the chapters were fun, but after you get past that and you're waiting for the weekly's, the game takes a nose dive. Surely the devs realise we play the game to accumulate cars as
rewards for doing 9 races? Does anyone really care about the huge magnitude of 'saying's you get to use with Anna? Also, where are the SUPER wheelspins? Devs, please stop being tight fisted. Put more cars as rewards and give us more Super Wheelspins, like Forza Horizon 4 has. This week, I'm not going to even bother trying to accumulate the 25 points for a good car.

Lastly, we have to spend 4million credits for the Bugatti Blower to gain points? Are you serious? Also, you made a mistake with the dates the cars were made. On the Festival Playlist, it says the 1931 4.5ltr Bugatti Blower and in the Autostore, it's listed as being made in 1930.

Seriously devs. Stop phoning it in and start giving fans more for the effort you want us to put in and keep your coffers full of our money. We deserve it, it's what we pay for.

Cheers.

Stryth2142

Edited by user Friday, January 14, 2022 10:43:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
User is suspended until 1/29/2022 12:08:28 AM(UTC)
#2 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 11:01:18 PM(UTC)
Yooo the frustration builds......fh5...frustrating horizons ×5...
To drive, is freedom...To race, is embracing that freedom!
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 11:22:04 PM(UTC)
The weekly events are an abomination that shouldn't even exist. I'm not waiting for them, I just occasionally let myself get drawn into them. That said, I can't disagree on the rewards. Heck, I'd rather get a horn or pair of socks I'll never use rather than another of those ultra useless phrases.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 11:28:47 PM(UTC)
So clearly this isn't the first time this nonsense has been brought up. Does anyone know if the developers have addressed the issue? It's clear they're trying to build longevity, make us play more for less, but it's obvious that for some, despite the game being new, being tugged along with rewards that no one wants or needs is backfiring on them and making people like us, lose interest.

Edited by user Saturday, January 15, 2022 12:13:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 11:43:28 PM(UTC)
At the absurd rate they already hand out cars via wheelspins and the autoshow, placing cars as weekly rewards would defeat the purpose of car collection and it's longevity.

Of course they would skew the rewards heavily towards minor pointless attainment as this keeps you playing longer and more importantly "waiting" for the exclusive cars. The fact players are now treating the game as a car collection experience is a telling sign of inadequate content and a poor game, end of story.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 11:54:11 PM(UTC)
That's what I said AS Ryvm, but this early in and people are already losing interest by being tugged along with worthless and pointless rewards. I dunno what you're talking about "the insane rate they're handing out cars via wheelspins", maybe you've had better luck than others. Most of my wheelspin rewards are low credit rewards or horns.

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#7 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2022 11:54:57 PM(UTC)
I think FH5 has leaned too heavily towards a simulator
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 12:04:16 AM(UTC)
Most of this kind of post are so hard to understand. What does the OP even want? And what does we deserve it, it's what we payed for mean? What did you payed for anyway?

This is definitely not constructive criticism. Not even close. Does the OP expect devs to contact him personally for an explanation?
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 12:09:18 AM(UTC)
Its very much the same as other FH games once you have done all the single player events you then have to just do the weekly challenges and whatever and wait for the DLC to be released to get more single player content.
#SORRY SIGNATURE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER!#
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 12:14:41 AM(UTC)
What's hard to understand STR3LA? I personally pay a subscription. I don't expect a Developer to contact me personally, but a moderator who monitors the forums might reply, and lets face it, it's kinda in the developers best interests to listen to player feedback. Think how many games have sunk without a trace because they didn't.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 5 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 12:16:23 AM(UTC)
And how is it not constructive criticism? It's as constructive as I can be, when I feel I'm being taken advantage of. If you pay for something, you're quite entitled to expect to get what you paid for. The reward system on Forza 5 needs looking at. Plain and simple.
Rank: Racing Legend
 3 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 12:17:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AS Ryvm Go to Quoted Post
At the absurd rate they already hand out cars via wheelspins and the autoshow, placing cars as weekly rewards would defeat the purpose of car collection and it's longevity.

Of course they would skew the rewards heavily towards minor pointless attainment as this keeps you playing longer and more importantly "waiting" for the exclusive cars. The fact players are now treating the game as a car collection experience is a telling sign of inadequate content and a poor game, end of story.


I think the rate we get cars and wheelspins etc is not a problem.

What is a problem is people's desire to play the game because it gets boring and people are waiting for the next bug to hit.
Fix ya broken game, stop releasing broken content
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 12:30:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: STR3LA Go to Quoted Post
Most of this kind of post are so hard to understand. What does the OP even want?


I'd say they're looking for a more rewarding experience. And highlighting unsatisfying rewards is constructive criticism. Of course, one could certainly debate over what constitutes a satisfying reward... It could be that some people are overjoyed to get a phrase.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 12:31:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stryth2142 Go to Quoted Post
What's hard to understand STR3LA? I personally pay a subscription. I don't expect a Developer to contact me personally, but a moderator who monitors the forums might reply, and lets face it, it's kinda in the developers best interests to listen to player feedback. Think how many games have sunk without a trace because they didn't.


I still have no idea what you want them to do. I'm serious, I'm not trolling you.
Don't say they are not listening when it's obvious they do. Look, the wonderful community want to improve the game by removing long races from Open Racing. So they did. Now nobody will ever experience a long race in Open. Nobody. I was lucky to race the Goliath and the Gauntlet because I played it before the patch.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 12:44:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post

I'd say they're looking for a more rewarding experience. And highlighting unsatisfying rewards is constructive criticism. Of course, one could certainly debate over what constitutes a satisfying reward... It could be that some people are overjoyed to get a phrase.

Ok, what you say make sense. But like you said what is a satisfying reward?
I was watching a YT video. A group of friends was trying to complete the Trial. The main joke was a Super wheelspin as a price. Obviously they all agreed the Super wasn't a satisfying reward. Trial over he spun the wheel and got a McLaren F1 GT. Best reward ever!
So a perception of a worthy reward depends on so many factors that devs can't influence in any way. I still can see solutions to each individual issues in those threads.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 12:58:35 AM(UTC)
I don't think you're trolling me, STR3LA. I was clear in my first post though, in that I, and I know of many others prefer new cars as race rewards. There's a scarcity of that in FHZ 5, as there is a scarcity of Super Wheelspins. Doing 9 races for a phrase or a wheelspin, that when spun, you see is mostly credits, horns and clothes and not cars is dragging things out. Then to put part of the weekly festival trial out of most players reach by making them pay 4million for a car they'll never use again is ludicrous. In FHZ4, I have almost 40 million, and I would still grudge paying 4million for a weekly. Here, credits are harder to come by unless I want to grind races over and over, and I don't.

I don't expect every race to give you a super car, but they're being stingy, the way they're doing it now. There needs to be more rewards like FH4 has. The way they done it on there, has me still playing it after 13 months. Although the last couple of weeks rewards on there haven't been worth the time either, but that's to be expected

Edited by user Saturday, January 15, 2022 1:01:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 1:31:25 AM(UTC)
I feel like the forgot to add in a campaign of some kind. Accolades opening festivals isn't really a campaign. It's ticking boxes.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 1:49:33 AM(UTC)
Trust me the developers hear you. They know players want a more rewarding experience with better rewards and a deeper story. They know players also want new fun replayable content. That is what the first expansion is for. Now give them all your money.
Rank: Racing Permit
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 1:51:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stryth2142 Go to Quoted Post
That's what I said AS Ryvm, but this early in and people are already losing interest by being tugged along with worthless and pointless rewards. I dunno what you're talking about "the insane rate they're handing out cars via wheelspins", maybe you've had better luck than others. Most of my wheelspin rewards are low credit rewards or horns.



The game by it's very nature is giving you access to crazy amounts of cars from the beginning. Adding more "worthwhile content" would just shorten the invested weekly time of the average player, as people will just go straight for what's most important on that particular week and then ditch everything else.

It's not just a lack of meaningful rewards being given, it's the whole design.

It's no accident that the brand new exclusive cars are locked behind series/season progression, because that's how you retain addicted players, you give them minor rewards through the invested playtime and then a big reward at the end ( just like a slot machine ).

People are losing interest because the entirety of the experience is being spoon-fed to them via said rewards (whether they are worthwhile or not). Of course some people enjoy having a large selection of things to acquire and collect but it takes the meaning of it all away if it's just too much like you seem to want. If they offered say 400 cars at launch and then handed out "new" cars every time you completed some sort of challenge what would be the point of the game? Every quote on quote exclusive reward can either eventually be bought on the AH, got by RNG in the wheelspins or some other avenue. How would adding one or two more worthwhile rewards change the experience?

When you mention the scarcity of high value rewards that's exactly the point of live service and one of the main reasons the game feels dead because the emphasis is no longer racing (circuit, drag or even drifting), it's about getting a reward. HALO for instance is exactly the same, the goal is the end rewards of the battle pass system.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 2:16:58 AM(UTC)
Obviously 400 cars at launch would be massive overkill. In the beginning we were given a handful of cars to get us going. A couple of good ones. I stated that I don't expect every race to yield a car as a reward. I just said it needs tweaking, as does the amount of super wheelspins. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the system model that Forza Horizon 4 had. It's kept people playing for a long time. The way it is here, it's off balance and needs looking at. Just my 2 cents.
Rank: Racing Legend
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 2:22:07 AM(UTC)
I already own every car and don't feel like I have overdone my playtime.

I felt like it was too easy to get every car compared to previous games.
Fix ya broken game, stop releasing broken content
Rank: Driver's Permit
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 2:30:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
I already own every car and don't feel like I have overdone my playtime.

I felt like it was too easy to get every car compared to previous games.


You do? Then please feel free to gift drop some to Stryth2142, pal. :D


Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 2:32:08 AM(UTC)
I feel like I accumulated cars a fair bit faster in this game than in FH4, but the playlist rewards (so far) seem worse. Regarding the game overall, I'm already into a routine of only firing it up to do the playlist stuff, and I only do that because I like to 100% each one, and I enjoy that regardless of the rewards. I'm glad there's more events in the playlist overall, as well as more variety.

The Eliminator is worse than it was in FH4 IMO. It's still a bit buggy, but even if/when it's fixed, it's more of the same. It would have been nice if they'd done something to change it up.

The Playground Games are literally more of the same from FH4, with no new modes to try out. There's no competitive play. Nobody communicates or even really tries to work as a team. People often drop out if you lose a round. So, outside of the playlist, I have no incentive to play any of those modes.

The free roam is still messed up. Often I'm just driving around a ghost town where I rarely see other players, and sometimes there's no AI traffic. The Horizon Arcade events could have been fun, but because of the free roam issues, you end up doing them by yourself most of the time and they've adjusted the difficulty to the point where they've taken the challenge away. Right now there's no incentive to play Arcade outside of the playlist events.

I used to love doing the drift zones and trying to one-up my friends' scores, but since they changed the scoring and didn't rest the leaderboards, that's pointless now as I can't even get close to beating my own existing scores.

The Horizon Open stuff is OK, but I don't like that I can't pick the class of car, plus it also sucks to be thrown into a game in progress where it's basically impossible for you to score enough points to catch up because you've missed 1 or more races already.

Even chasing the accolades can be frustrating, cos sometimes when I pin one, it does not show the correct objectives, plus some don't unlock when complete, or they unlock and then go back to being locked again at random. Most work, but it's frustrating that not all of them do, cos I really loved the Lego brick challenges in the expansion for FH4, and I thought this would be as much fun as doing those, but some of it has just been frustrating.

I do think they've made some bad choices too. I thought the Bugatti was going to be in the Forzathon Shop for this season, but nope; you had to buy one for 4 million credits, then they go and add a challenge where you have to drive the thing for 100 miles, which is also buggy and resetting before it's complete for some people.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 2:40:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stryth2142 Go to Quoted Post

I don't expect every race to give you a super car, but they're being stingy, the way they're doing it now. There needs to be more rewards like FH4 has. The way they done it on there, has me still playing it after 13 months. Although the last couple of weeks rewards on there haven't been worth the time either, but that's to be expected

Our perception of what is worthy will change trough time. You can find the Jesko worthy in a series, but put the same car in the next series for new players and you will find it not worthy at all. I think making every car in game available as prize cars makes more sense than repeating the same ones over and over.
Sometimes I wished for cars out of all prizes, available only in the AS. But than the Playlists would feel even more boring.

Rank: Racing Legend
#25 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2022 2:54:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stryth2142 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SatNiteEduardo Go to Quoted Post
I already own every car and don't feel like I have overdone my playtime.

I felt like it was too easy to get every car compared to previous games.


You do? Then please feel free to gift drop some to Stryth2142, pal. :D




I would if I could.
Fix ya broken game, stop releasing broken content
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error