7 Pages<<567Prev
#151 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 11:02:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post

THEN I remembered SIM steering and all was well again with a 51.978 following a crappy turn 4 on the previous lap.

What I really like about this car is how well it takes turn 4 - simply superb. It is rare to find one that isn't too tight off when you get down too early and wicked loose when you are too high. Very nicely done! I did notice how sensitive it was to when/how you lifted into 1 and I struggled keeping the throttle pegged through 2. It definitely preferred the higher line that Smoke took through 3.

Along the way I did find a few sets of wheels that were 3 pound lighter but I ended up running a slightly different motor in the end because I think it is worth 0.1-0.2 seconds on average. My fastest lap was a unicorn at 51.908 with the following changes:

Anyway the beauty of open source is that we can fiddle to suit and don't have to retest everything. It is great to see something other than the F50 in the top 100 so props for sharing. I'm fairly certain a 51.7 is possible with the added power but only time will tell if I can find that magic lap to erase my current LB time.

Thanks,
Crash

Nice job Crash! And, thanks for the reminder of SIM steering since that is what I've been using for a long time and ran this Zagato. Going to switch off to see if I get to the "51 Club". Did you use, or not use, SIM for your 51's? I'll also check your engine swap idea, then, your full stated build/tune suggestions.

PRKid

Edited by user Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:13:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DJ Saoco
#152 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 3:05:19 PM(UTC)
@PRkid - 51 club WITH sim steering.

I ran a lot of side skirts on/off and really couldn't tell the difference. Corner exit speeds went up and entry speeds stayed about the same without. Normally that would = faster lap times but without got to entry speed earlier and on average it was ON that seemed to generate the faster laps. My vote is a week ON. I'll give it a try with side skirts OFF and a smidgen less down-force induced drag to see what happens.

Good luck Johnson, I'd rather be the fastest Zagato then the 52nd F50 :),
Crash
#153 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2015 11:46:24 AM(UTC)
Im just mainly glad to have this thing for forza 6. I plan on working with it more in 6 to push it a little higher.
7 Pages<<567Prev

Notification

Icon
Error