7 Pages<<4567PrevNext
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#126 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2015 1:14:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RelaxedPRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ERS C0ldCutZ Go to Quoted Post
Any feedback is always welcome and encouraged. It helps me to put out a better tune overall! Just pm me or leave it here either way, thanks!


Do not want to take over ERS Johnson's thread, I can certainly provide you with some quick feedback for now.....my first impressions......I ran it at Silverstone, and per your suggestion, at Laguna Seca. Bottom line, I loved the car. What I really like about it is it's turning capabilities, really smooth. It has enough power, yet, grippy. I'm personally an "average" driver so I needed to control my "slam the throttle" tendencies. Once I get use to a decent throttle technique I am really going to enjoy this car. I have a couple of muscle cars that I try to keep the accel diff very low. So, I am nit sure if it would help my driving style having this car with less accel diff. That would be my only "try it out" comment. Other than that, as I said, REALLY ENJOYED the car. I am on travel and will not have access to my XBone until next Wednesday, however, I will try the Cuda out in a couple of more tracks and PM you with additional feedback. I would love to be able to push this car more than I was able too, yet, ensure I stay under control.

Thanks for sharing!

PRKid
.



Prkid... have no fears on taking over this thread... this is a place anybody ERS can let people know of a new car thats out there. Im glad CC shared the car and you guys are enjoying it... such an awesome car to drive and i hope to see more cuda' in some lobbies now :)
Rank: On the Podium
#127 Posted : Friday, August 7, 2015 2:40:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ERS JOHNSON Go to Quoted Post


Prkid... have no fears on taking over this thread... this is a place anybody ERS can let people know of a new car thats out there. Im glad CC shared the car and you guys are enjoying it... such an awesome car to drive and i hope to see more cuda' in some lobbies now :)


Cool! Thanks Johnson!


DJ Saoco
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#128 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2015 9:11:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ERS JOHNSON Go to Quoted Post
I think the view is more personal prefrence. I have a hard time controlling the car in 3rd person so thats why i run cockpit. Other people are backwards and cant do cockpit so i think its all prefrence.


I used to tune and do hotlaps in the cockpit but did actual races in "chase near" just for the fact that its hard to see what or who is on your doors. i stopped doing the tuning part in the cockpit because when i went into an actual race the car just felt way different, like the tune i had saved wasnt the same one i took online. I have much more control in cockpit view and i'd really like to run races like that but its more of a matter of me trying to run a clean race without taking out someone just because i didnt see them.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#129 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2015 9:24:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: moparjay Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ERS JOHNSON Go to Quoted Post
I think the view is more personal prefrence. I have a hard time controlling the car in 3rd person so thats why i run cockpit. Other people are backwards and cant do cockpit so i think its all prefrence.


I used to tune and do hotlaps in the cockpit but did actual races in "chase near" just for the fact that its hard to see what or who is on your doors. i stopped doing the tuning part in the cockpit because when i went into an actual race the car just felt way different, like the tune i had saved wasnt the same one i took online. I have much more control in cockpit view and i'd really like to run races like that but its more of a matter of me trying to run a clean race without taking out someone just because i didnt see them.


Exactly... i feel the car way differently cockpit vs 3rd person. Its like a whole new car when changing views. Sometimes i like but mostly i dont. My main reason for cockpit is the realistic view and using my rearview mirror to avoid those pesky no brake kids.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#130 Posted : Sunday, August 9, 2015 9:17:39 PM(UTC)
A class Aston Martin Zagato... retuned it specifically for indy oval. Top 100 car very easy to drive but have to hit the lines perfect. Enjoy!!!
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#131 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 9:17:27 AM(UTC)
Open sourced the zagato. This car is only for indy oval. This will feel like **** everywhere else i promise.

If its not listed its stock

Rear forza wing
Rear bumper
Side skirts

Race tires
255 front
305 rear
Asanti af134 rims

Sport trans
Race diff

Race everything in platform and handling except stock brakes

Race intake manifold
Race exhaust
Sport engine block

Tune
28.5/29
3.28
-3.0/-3.5
0/0
7.0
15.02/23.05
928.3/957.7
4/4
8/10.5
2.5/5.0
238/300
100/15 or 27/8

Edited by user Saturday, August 15, 2015 9:19:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#132 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 5:00:36 PM(UTC)
Zagato up to 83rd
Rank: On the Podium
#133 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 5:42:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ERS JOHNSON Go to Quoted Post
Zagato up to 83rd



Nice job Johnson! Will be checking this out soon.....(right after some testing for HLR/ERS comp). Thanks for sharing!


DJ Saoco
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#134 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 9:00:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RelaxedPRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ERS JOHNSON Go to Quoted Post
Zagato up to 83rd



Nice job Johnson! Will be checking this out soon.....(right after some testing for HLR/ERS comp). Thanks for sharing!


Let me know what u think kid. I will also be sharing my stadplatz 08 viper. Just got it to 89th with that one with an odd build. Not sure if i will be doing an open source on this one yet though.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#135 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 10:59:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ERS JOHNSON Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RelaxedPRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ERS JOHNSON Go to Quoted Post
Zagato up to 83rd



Nice job Johnson! Will be checking this out soon.....(right after some testing for HLR/ERS comp). Thanks for sharing!


Let me know what u think kid. I will also be sharing my stadplatz 08 viper. Just got it to 89th with that one with an odd build. Not sure if i will be doing an open source on this one yet though.


I got it in the 250's so far with out even trying, put in some laps before the wife yanked me by the ear.....LMFAO.....im sure i can get it much higher...nice job bro...
DRIVE FAST OR DON'T BOTHER DRIVING....
PTG W4RLOCK
WWW.PENDULUMTUNING.PROBOARDS.COM
Twitter @ptg_w4rlock
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#136 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 11:13:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: W4RLOCK38 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ERS JOHNSON Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RelaxedPRKid Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ERS JOHNSON Go to Quoted Post
Zagato up to 83rd



Nice job Johnson! Will be checking this out soon.....(right after some testing for HLR/ERS comp). Thanks for sharing!


Let me know what u think kid. I will also be sharing my stadplatz 08 viper. Just got it to 89th with that one with an odd build. Not sure if i will be doing an open source on this one yet though.


I got it in the 250's so far with out even trying, put in some laps before the wife yanked me by the ear.....LMFAO.....im sure i can get it much higher...nice job bro...


Happy wife is a happy life. Smoke got 83rd place and pushed me back to 102nd. So lets all chace him in circles lol
Rank: On the Podium
#137 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 11:33:56 AM(UTC)
Awesome tune Johnson! Got a 52.782 (LB 340) in 3 laps, yet, I know there is a lot of time left. I thought I would never say this, yet for my driving style, it understeers...lol....! I got that time and it was basically getting off the throttle on turns 1 & 3. I followed your ghost. You have a great line where you are able to jerk the car around in that first turn which helps a lot. I have yet to figure that out. I'll mess with the tune a little bit to see if I can get it to help me on those 2 turns so I don't have to let off the gas as much.

Thanks for sharing!

PRKid
.


DJ Saoco
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#138 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 11:43:06 AM(UTC)
That tune took forever to figure out... just let off the gas and barrel into the corner... sometimes she will stick other times she wont. If you are getting understeer you are to heavy on the gas and not carrying enough monentum to allow light throttle press

Basically carry more corner speed throughout the corner and rely less on throttle. When you hit the correct speed and corner angle the car will take the corner like a champ. To slow thru the corner you will understeer on exit due to not enough front downforce and to much rear tire push. To fast and you will not make the corner to begin wiith.

Edited by user Sunday, August 16, 2015 11:47:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: On the Podium
#139 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 11:55:49 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the tip....will check this out soon! I have been flooring it at the straights and maybe not getting off the gas (as soon as I should) approaching the turn (especially #1).


DJ Saoco
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#140 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:03:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RelaxedPRKid Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the tip....will check this out soon! I have been flooring it at the straights and maybe not getting off the gas (as soon as I should) approaching the turn (especially #1).


I think i used rewind on turn 1 about 100 times and still didnt get it the way i wanted to on my fast lap. I have another .1 on those first 2 corners i just keep messing up. If u have to just keep rewinding until u see the line u want then just hit ur marks.

Try watching smokes run he is taking the corners differently then me so maybe his style will fit u better.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#141 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:10:40 PM(UTC)
The way i drove the 1st corner is that i stayed low and came up high enough not to hit the wall but lost the back end just enough to slide and lost some time, but will put more time into it and figure a better line. I didn't let off much. You can check replay and you'll see where i lost it.

Edited by user Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:12:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DRIVE FAST OR DON'T BOTHER DRIVING....
PTG W4RLOCK
WWW.PENDULUMTUNING.PROBOARDS.COM
Twitter @ptg_w4rlock
Rank: On the Podium
#142 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:26:46 PM(UTC)
Made some improvement.....down to 52.318 (# 162). Still need a better line. Will check the videos out. Thanks!

I've been sick the last week, and now, this going in circles thing is making me dizzy....lol...

52.115 (119)

Edited by user Sunday, August 16, 2015 12:45:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified



DJ Saoco
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#143 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 1:00:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RelaxedPRKid Go to Quoted Post
Made some improvement.....down to 52.318 (# 162). Still need a better line. Will check the videos out. Thanks!

I've been sick the last week, and now, this going in circles thing is making me dizzy....lol...

52.115 (119)


Just drink some "MAMA JUANA" and you'll drive it better....lol
DRIVE FAST OR DON'T BOTHER DRIVING....
PTG W4RLOCK
WWW.PENDULUMTUNING.PROBOARDS.COM
Twitter @ptg_w4rlock
Rank: On the Podium
#144 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 1:04:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: W4RLOCK38 Go to Quoted Post

Just drink some "MAMA JUANA" and you'll drive it better....lol


That is exactly what I need! .......lol......... I will not be happy until I get into the 51 range......maybe some Pitorro will do!


DJ Saoco
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#145 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 1:14:53 PM(UTC)
Get it kid... come join the 51 second zagato team lol.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#146 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 2:04:33 PM(UTC)
I have tomorrow off so you know what I'll be doing....trying to get that 51 sec club
DRIVE FAST OR DON'T BOTHER DRIVING....
PTG W4RLOCK
WWW.PENDULUMTUNING.PROBOARDS.COM
Twitter @ptg_w4rlock
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#147 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 2:12:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: W4RLOCK38 Go to Quoted Post
I have tomorrow off so you know what I'll be doing....trying to get that 51 sec club


Yeah buddy... it can be frustrating but i promise it is rewarding
Rank: On the Podium
#148 Posted : Sunday, August 16, 2015 5:02:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RelaxedPRKid Go to Quoted Post
Made some improvement.....down to 52.318 (# 162). Still need a better line. Will check the videos out. Thanks!

I've been sick the last week, and now, this going in circles thing is making me dizzy....lol...

52.115 (119)



Update.....52.056 [LB 110] (sooo... close, yet so far...lol....) I was ahead of Smoke's ghost for 3 turns, then, got nervous and blew the last turn. Yet, inching into the magical 51.xxx

Amazing 00:00.068 away from Johnson!

PRKid
.

Edited by user Sunday, August 16, 2015 6:37:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified



DJ Saoco
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#149 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:45:12 AM(UTC)
Since I was snoozing and missed the tuning comps I figured I'd give this a go for something different. At first I thought they were going to revoke my 51 club membership, I couldn't get anything under 52.5! Not this, not my F50, not 10 different build variations, not my Indy tweaks, not even a stock suspension max aero build. Don't laugh the stock suspension max aero build was clicking off 52.5s all day long and there wasn't much to fiddle (muck it up) with. THEN I remembered SIM steering and all was well again with a 51.978 following a crappy turn 4 on the previous lap.

What I really like about this car is how well it takes turn 4 - simply superb. It is rare to find one that isn't too tight off when you get down too early and wicked loose when you are too high. Very nicely done! I did notice how sensitive it was to when/how you lifted into 1 and I struggled keeping the throttle pegged through 2. It definitely preferred the higher line that Smoke took through 3.

Along the way I did find a few sets of wheels that were 3 pound lighter but I ended up running a slightly different motor in the end because I think it is worth 0.1-0.2 seconds on average. My fastest lap was a unicorn at 51.908 with the following changes:

Build:
No side skirts
No diffuser (bumper) - It made the stock suspension too tight so I ditched it.
Traded the race Displacement for race Compression/Head/Oil Cooler (+7 HP for only 18 lb)
Wheels - OZ to stay in class

Tune:
Tires 27.5/27.5
Gear 3.30 - I like peek power in the short shoots as well as on the straits
Camber -3.0/-3.0
Toe 0.0/+0.1
Caster 5.0
Ride Height 4.3/4.3
Diff 40/15 - 100 seemed too loose and 27 seemed to tight (every thing worked when you got the line correct)

The tune changes were simply what was on the car at the time and it trashed turn 4. Even worse it would turn hard into the inside wall out of 1&4 if you didn't pay attention. I am NOT advocating a change to the tune just reporting my data. My favorite most consistent setup was simply the original tune with my motor. Ended up with a 51.960 lifting in 2, too low in 3 and way too high in 4 so I know it has a 51.8 or 51.7 in it. I really think the extra HP comes in handy for continued acceleration at the end of the strait when the majority is being used to overcome drag.

Anyway the beauty of open source is that we can fiddle to suit and don't have to retest everything. It is great to see something other than the F50 in the top 100 so props for sharing. I'm fairly certain a 51.7 is possible with the added power but only time will tell if I can find that magic lap to erase my current LB time.

Thanks,
Crash
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#150 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 9:38:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: crash220 Go to Quoted Post
Since I was snoozing and missed the tuning comps I figured I'd give this a go for something different. At first I thought they were going to revoke my 51 club membership, I couldn't get anything under 52.5! Not this, not my F50, not 10 different build variations, not my Indy tweaks, not even a stock suspension max aero build. Don't laugh the stock suspension max aero build was clicking off 52.5s all day long and there wasn't much to fiddle (muck it up) with. THEN I remembered SIM steering and all was well again with a 51.978 following a crappy turn 4 on the previous lap.

What I really like about this car is how well it takes turn 4 - simply superb. It is rare to find one that isn't too tight off when you get down too early and wicked loose when you are too high. Very nicely done! I did notice how sensitive it was to when/how you lifted into 1 and I struggled keeping the throttle pegged through 2. It definitely preferred the higher line that Smoke took through 3.

Along the way I did find a few sets of wheels that were 3 pound lighter but I ended up running a slightly different motor in the end because I think it is worth 0.1-0.2 seconds on average. My fastest lap was a unicorn at 51.908 with the following changes:

Build:
No side skirts
No diffuser (bumper) - It made the stock suspension too tight so I ditched it.
Traded the race Displacement for race Compression/Head/Oil Cooler (+7 HP for only 18 lb)
Wheels - OZ to stay in class

Tune:
Tires 27.5/27.5
Gear 3.30 - I like peek power in the short shoots as well as on the straits
Camber -3.0/-3.0
Toe 0.0/+0.1
Caster 5.0
Ride Height 4.3/4.3
Diff 40/15 - 100 seemed too loose and 27 seemed to tight (every thing worked when you got the line correct)

The tune changes were simply what was on the car at the time and it trashed turn 4. Even worse it would turn hard into the inside wall out of 1&4 if you didn't pay attention. I am NOT advocating a change to the tune just reporting my data. My favorite most consistent setup was simply the original tune with my motor. Ended up with a 51.960 lifting in 2, too low in 3 and way too high in 4 so I know it has a 51.8 or 51.7 in it. I really think the extra HP comes in handy for continued acceleration at the end of the strait when the majority is being used to overcome drag.

Anyway the beauty of open source is that we can fiddle to suit and don't have to retest everything. It is great to see something other than the F50 in the top 100 so props for sharing. I'm fairly certain a 51.7 is possible with the added power but only time will tell if I can find that magic lap to erase my current LB time.

Thanks,
Crash


By far the most in depth response i have gotten... im always open to try different setups. this zagato i know has more time i just couldnt hit my corners. I will try the motor setup and see how that works... the rear diffuser was more for looks then anything. Side skirts gave me less drag and thats what i really wanted. Thanks again for the feedback and I look forward to trying it out.
7 Pages<<4567PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error