2 Pages12Next
 10 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 14, 2021 6:07:06 PM(UTC)
Hello,
Earlier tonight I hopped back on Forza Horizon 2 on Xbox One to pickup where I'd last left off playing, which was admittedly 2-3 months ago, and typically I play through some Forza games from month to month, but I noticed that the servers were unfortunately unavailable now? I'm going to assume this isn't intended as there was no announcement or such prior to say any potential server closure, as well as the fact that anytime I have played in the recent months, the Multiplayer is always pretty active, it wouldn't take much to populate races, even if some left it would repopulate as the races went on!
Plus I like doing the Rivals challenges after each event, even though I already got the $1 million achievement earned awhile ago, but still like the extra challenge as well as the extra CR & XP rewards along the way from completing those, but those are unavailable without the server functionality!
Additionally, I still have a number of Online/Multiplayer based achievements to earn in general, some that will naturally take time, or ones that would require a friend/person/group to help boost if need be too, but again unable to get any of those without the servers...

Also, there are a number of sub-menu tabs locked out without the servers, such as the Social & Clubs, which in turn makes it not possible to access the Messages, where I have a HUGE backlog of Forza Rewards credits/cars bonuses I still need to claim! :/

I tweeted @forza_support & @ForzaHorizon on Twitter, including a couple of screenshots, and some extra details in a couple of reply tweets too!
https://twitter.com/xLukesterx/status/1448816410877104134

Hopefully this issue of the servers unavailable can be resolved soon, as it would be a great shame to see them go, not just for my own benefit, but for many others who likely don't have a lot of the achievements and even just being able to have fun playing Multiplayer, Rivals, etc in general at that too!

Regards,
- Luke.
 5 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2021 6:59:41 AM(UTC)
For about two weeks FM 5 seems to be serverless, no access to messages no bonus credits.

Additionally, FH2 and FM6 seem to be following suit with no bonus credits. No issues with FH5 and FM7.

It would be nice if they got this fixed since they seem to have a bit of support for the games that made them great. I hope this ins't the case but it appears that may just be talk.

3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2021 5:17:20 PM(UTC)
Same. No online features enabled. It did this about a year ago too before it was re-enabled. Would be nice if someone took notice and reset it
 5 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 9:27:37 AM(UTC)
I was still playing Forza Horizon 2 only weekly (last time last week) without any issues and I could always find matches. Now unavailable without any announcements. Would like to continue to be able to do some rivals and road trips.
 3 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2021 9:47:38 AM(UTC)
Forza Motorsport 6 Servers are down aswell, It has to be maintenance as they would have announced the shut down by now, and if not then it's just plain Unprofessional
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 4:34:43 AM(UTC)
Same issues here.
Liveries and tunes have been inaccessible for months. The message center is just another addition.

Dear T10/PG: You really need to improve your PR game. The lack of communication is embarassaing for such a massive company with practically unlimited funding. You're Microsoft! If you plan to retire the online functions of legacy titles, do it in a proper and transparent fashion. I remember that Gran Turismo 5 even got a patch that disabled the online functions game wise and now gives a prompt saying "the online portion has been discontinued" or something along those lines whenever the player tries to access any online feature. That's a proper way to inform (future) players.

But the lack of respect towards the people who buy the games and secure your jobs is everywhere these days. As long as players are seen as "whales" that must be squeezed out and exploited, stuff like that is and will remain commonplace.

You can do much better!
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 12:37:24 PM(UTC)
Fix online and also the SUPER MEET BOY achievement, the community is looking forward to it!
Forza fan!
GT: guitarpaulo
 2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2021 1:42:13 AM(UTC)
Dear Forza,

I attempted to go online to finish the million credits earned from rival events achievement but to my dismay was unable to connect to the online servers. I hope that it is a temporary issue such as maintenance work as it would be very disappointing if the servers were shut without any warning.

Kind regards,

Jaime
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2021 3:23:06 PM(UTC)
just jumped back in Horizon 2 as i am listening to Horizon 5 playlist on Spotify and felt like playing Horizon 2, Yup No servers for this and FM6 which is annoying, no club credits, cant share tunes download paints etc etc no rivals events, no forza hub credits very sad :( hope it gets fixed and they get fixed soon
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 4:01:32 PM(UTC)
Please let the administration know about this issue
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2021 5:19:34 AM(UTC)
Just checked and they are still down (UK).
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2021 12:31:58 PM(UTC)
Did anyone put in a ticket for someone to fix this problem? Most likely they will say "this is a legacy title and we cannot do anything about the servers for older games". Ive just checked the status of fm5 fm6 and fh2. cant connect to anything. How unfortunate..... -_-
Silented Racing
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2021 2:48:21 PM(UTC)
feels like it was a quite server shut down to me been over a month .I hope I am wrong but this is a crappy way of doing it if it is the case
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2021 6:40:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkKrytos Go to Quoted Post
feels like it was a quite server shut down to me been over a month .I hope I am wrong but this is a crappy way of doing it if it is the case

Something smells Ubisofty.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2021 9:20:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkKrytos Go to Quoted Post

I'd expect that at sometime, they will discontinue the online feature, but it's not hard to give a heads up. The fact that it just goes offline and no one who cares gets a heartbeat alert, just WTF.

1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 27, 2021 5:18:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenSticks67 Go to Quoted Post
I'd expect that at sometime, they will discontinue the online feature, but it's not hard to give a heads up. The fact that it just goes offline and no one who cares gets a heartbeat alert, just WTF.

That's what I meant when I was talking about the lack of respect towards the players. The Forza online suite is rubbish, the rewards system completely broken, and the people in charge don't see that as a reason to act or at least reply to the backlash. We're just cattle to them. The video game industry is all about exploitation, lies, and deception. I'll never forget their lies regarding the Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition and the separately sold ''Hot Wheels Legends'' pack. Lies. Nothing but lies!
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2021 12:02:35 PM(UTC)
Still down
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2021 2:11:27 PM(UTC)
rubish isnt it?
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2021 8:48:58 PM(UTC)
It is currently unavailable still
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2021 3:32:51 AM(UTC)
Well, this sucks...

I just started playing FH2 as my objective is to get my tier up as much as I can. Therefore acquiring future forza rewards but nope, it seems that won´t be the case.

I want to play and finish all games from Horizon 2 to Motorsport 7, now I do not know if its going to be worth it

Does anyone know if Horizon 3 servers are working?

Edited by user Wednesday, November 10, 2021 3:35:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2021 5:14:11 AM(UTC)
Hello everyone,

Also noticed a few weeks ago that the server was down for Forza Horizon 2.
It makes me very sad to see because FH2 is still my favorite game of the 5.
The map has a special atmosphere and has got me to do road trips in the real world too.
I was hoping it was just for maintenance but unfortunately until now the servers from FH2 are not working.
The weird thing is that FH1 does work online…
I hope they consider making FH2 playable online. Pulling the plug from a game after 7 years is too fast, especially because games are now backwards compatible!
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 11:26:46 AM(UTC)
After having seen all the responses this thread got, I finally reached out to Forza Support directly as I meant to have done so already:
https://support.forzamot...hc/en-us/requests/292411

Just noticed that I received this seemingly automated sounding response. via email instead..
Quote:
Sent: 18 November 2021 09:29
To: Lukester25
Subject: Thank you for contacting Forza Support & Safety

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. Unfortunately, we no longer actively support Legacy Forza titles. Limited support is still available for matchmaking and leaderboard services.
While we appreciate you taking the time out today to write in to Forza Support, we sadly are unable to take care of this request.

I think I can speak on behalf of the Forza Community and say that this is UNACCEPTABLE and we won't just stand by and let the 'Legacy Titles' servers be brushed aside like it's nothing!

If everyone here could also put in a direct ticket/request to Forza Support, maybe, just maybe, they'll actually do something about it!

Edited by user Thursday, November 18, 2021 11:27:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 12:23:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lukester25 Go to Quoted Post

Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. Unfortunately, we no longer actively support Legacy Forza titles. Limited support is still available for matchmaking and leaderboard services.

I think I can speak on behalf of the Forza Community and say that this is UNACCEPTABLE and we won't just stand by and let the 'Legacy Titles' servers be brushed aside like it's nothing!

If everyone here could also put in a direct ticket/request to Forza Support, maybe, just maybe, they'll actually do something about it!

I mean on the one hand I agree with you, I'd like to be able to jump on occasionally and have a online sesh for old times sake.

But on the other hand it is an old title, it was an early Xbox One game and had a release on the Xbox 360 too. At some point it will stop working and perhaps we've reached that point.

I will say even in offline mode it probably has the largest championship mode of the horizon games for people to play - completing 'All Your Race Are Belong To Us 2.0' achievement took me a long time but was very satisfied when I got it!
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2021 12:30:18 PM(UTC)
I also submitted a ticket last week and got the exact same answer.
I have just sent another email and asked if they can take up the question further so that the server may come online.
Unfortunately, I just expect this not to happen.
Forza Horizon 5 is really cool but also very disappointing due to the extremely many server/online problems that make playing with friends almost impossible.
Forza disappoints me a lot this year concerns the online options and trust is lost because of this.

Let’s hope for the best!
#25 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2021 7:10:16 PM(UTC)
The way I see it, why should we basically waste our money buying any new/future Forza titles, when this is the level of 'support' we can come to expect, as well as what'll just be servers unavailable some years later down the line, and thus the cycle repeats... :/

One thing I hate about 'modern gaming' is the fact they rely so much on server functionality, especially games that are Online-only, heck there's even Singleplayer games that require an internet connection for some reason!? It's like no one ever thought any of this through, that what will their game become one day without the servers they insistently rely upon!
Remember back when games were sold in FULL, the game you bought on disc/cartridge many many years ago, would still be the exact same game you could experience many many years later too!
Compared to nowadays where there's all this DLC, Season Passes, in-game Paid Currency, etc etc, as well as lots of features that'll just stop working one day when the servers are unavailable, along with several unobtainable achievements and so on...

Edited by user Friday, November 19, 2021 7:11:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error