4 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 6:40:33 AM(UTC)
WINTER | SERIES 36

Starts June 17 at 7:30am Pacific
Ends June 24 at 7:30am Pacific

This is the third season of Series 36.

NEW BACKSTAGE: 1986 Hoonigan Ford RS200 Evolution (previously available Exclusive model)

BARN FIND RUMOR: (Spoiler - repeat Winter find)

SUPER7 COMPLETION: 1991 GMC Syclone (previously available Exclusive model)

#FORZATHON SHOP
  • 600 FP Car: 2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 300 FP Car: 2019 Bugatti Divo (previously available Exclusive model)
  • Clothing: Modern Race Helmet Black
  • Clothing: Modern Race Suit Black
  • Wheelspins cost this series: 40 FP & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST

PHOTO CHALLENGE (3%)

#SCOTLANDTHEBRAVE- Take a photo of your car with the Scott Monument in Edinburgh.
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin
  • Share a scenic photo with the hashtag on social media for a chance for your photo to be featured by Forza.

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge

Weekly Challenge: (15%)
Must be done in sequence to count.
  • Own and drive any Truck
  • Earn 10 Trading Paint Skills in your Truck
  • Earn 10 Wreckage Skills in your Truck
  • Win a Road Racing Series event at The Goliath circuit in your Truck

Daily Challenges: (1% each)
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day.
  • Earn 2 stars or better at any Speed Trap
  • Combine Drift and Pass Skills to earn 3 Showoff Skills
  • Earn 3 Daredevil Skills
  • Closely overtake while racing to earn 3 Pass Skills
  • Earn 2 Drift or E-Drift Skills
  • Earn 2 Awesome Drafting Skills
  • Earn 1 Awesome Clean Racing Skill

SEASONAL EVENTS

The unique reward listed for seasonal championship events requires you to place 1st against at or above the Highly Skilled Drivatar difficulty setting; the Trial requires Unbeatable difficulty. As of Series 24 Playground Games rewards the car for all participants, win or lose.

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "American Car-tographer" | Cross Country | (A800) United States
  • Reward: 2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 9 Ford Focus RS RX

Seasonal Playground Games | Slate Quarry | (B700) Classic Muscle
  • Reward: 1973 Ford XB Falcon GT (previously available Exclusive model)
  • As of Series 24 you don't have to win the event to earn the reward.

PR Stunt: Rail Yard Ramp Danger Sign | 820.2 feet

PR Stunt: Hythe House Speed Trap | 195.0 mph

PR Stunt: Strathbridge Speed Zone | 140.0 mph

Championship: "Tour de Force" | Road Racing | (S1 900) Modern Muscle
  • Reward: 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455 (previously available Exclusive model)

Championship: "Into the Wilds" | Cross Country | (A800) Extreme Offroad
  • Reward: 1974 Hoonigan Ford Bronco (previously available Exclusive model)

Championship: "Small Wonders" | Dirt Racing | (B700) Volkswagen
  • Reward: 1967 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia (newly released Exclusive model)

MONTHLY EVENTS

• Monthly Rivals: Mazda Cosmo at the Astmoor Heritage Circuit
  • Online Adventure: (requires 1 Qualifying race to get ranked)

Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist:
6% for Monthly Rivals
15% for Online Adventure Qualifying

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 6:52:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 7:07:00 AM(UTC)
winter seazon series 36 pr not going gold
i did all 3 and or they are not golden

Edited by user Friday, June 18, 2021 6:23:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 7:09:41 AM(UTC)
winter pr not going gold
i did all 3 any one else having this issue i did the photo challenge it iz golden

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 12:44:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 7:37:10 AM(UTC)
This speed zone is impossible. Someone tell me what tune to use I just cannot get it. Do you understand how frustrated this makes people. Do you????? To make it worse, non stop traffic. Traffic right on the entrance constantly, it’s not right. What a joke. I can't get a good line with 10 cars on the way in constantly. It just will not stop. This is why I dislike the playlist. These stupid rock walls were the worst idea anyone ever had. You put traffic and when you go to avoid it you hit a rock wall.
That's it, I give up there is no reason to make something this difficult. None. Why is there soooooo much traffic??????? Just why???? Its hard enough and you program it to just keep putting traffic over and over and over and over again. You know what not even going to finish this season, you jerks at PG. Was one of the few going for 100%, never again, Done. My level of frustration is through the roof for a stupid speed zone that’s we’ve done god knows how many times but just not in the snow.

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:48:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:21:02 AM(UTC)
The walls don't tend to regenerate if you stay within a reasonable distance to the zone and you can cut the corners by a lot without failing the zone. I don't have a specific tune for it yet.

Edit: does seem like it will be frustrating.

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:27:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:22:56 AM(UTC)
What car do I use to complete the speed zone PR stunt? What tune should be used? All that I have tried I just can't keep the speed up enough to complete the challenge. I'm going for the achievement on getting 100% in a forzathon season and it's going to be really disappointing to not be able to get it this season.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:26:43 AM(UTC)
It's the traffic, it just will not stop spawning when I am trying to get a good entrance. Literally appearing out of nowhere. I shouldn't have to spend 1 hour doing the same thing over and over and over and failing and traffic every single god damned time, every time. It's nuts with the traffic, never seen anything like this and then there are plows constantly as well.

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:50:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:30:40 AM(UTC)
Sometimes when I request a new session it gives a temporary break from traffic, otherwise using a forzathon live eliminates it. I had traffic too so I left it for a bit.
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:33:26 AM(UTC)
I love traffics, it makes this more challenging. Yes, its frustrating, but the feel is good when you overcome and get it done.
But it is true that the requirements in snow season is higher, since you go slower on snow.
Sorry my game didn't allow any speed zone and kick me out instantly, so I can't feel your pain, and did they make more traffic than usual this season?
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:45:35 AM(UTC)
I don't know its just traffic car after traffic car, snowplow, more traffic another plow it will not let up. Not doing any more, it isn't healthy to get this angry, I've had it with this **** .

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:50:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:47:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GRiiD Two Go to Quoted Post

Sorry my game didn't allow any speed zone and kick me out instantly, so I can't feel your pain, and did they make more traffic than usual this season?

Yes me too, as soon as you enter in the speed zone the game crashes, new bug?
This happens only on PC, on xbox no problem

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:58:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:03:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
This speed zone is impossible. Someone tell me what tune to use I just cannot get it [...]

I used the Mosler with Waznewz’ M68 Speed Trap tune. If you approach from the Marathon race side you should be hitting 190 - 200 mph by the trap. Think I got to 198 mph.

If you take out some of the catch fence and stone wall on the right before you start a run, you’re able to straighten the corner somewhat.
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:10:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
I don't know its just traffic car after traffic car, snowplow, more traffic another plow it will not let up. Not doing any more, it isn't healthy to get this angry, I've had it with this **** .

I used the Agera and took it full speed bouncing off the bridge wall. As you turn the corner at the top, if you don't have enough speed, rewind and it will get you through with the required speed.

Took about 5 goes, very frustrating that one especially in the snow. I reckon lots of people will be angry because they won't be able to do it unless you do it a certain way.
 2 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:12:51 AM(UTC)
I wish PG would play its own game before subjecting us to something ridiculous, You surround the speed zone with rock walls everywhere, you want me to turn to go over a bridge and somehow maintain any kind of speed and than you put so much traffic you can't even make one good entrance at high speed. Why would I want to buy H5 and subject myself to more of this, so sick of the playlist just end it already.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:14:16 AM(UTC)
Thank you Rex but not even going to finish this week. Not trying anymore.

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:19:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:14:49 AM(UTC)
Well, isn't this seasonal fun!
Best I've got so far is 4 seconds off with x class R200. Best approach, for me at least is running West to East on map. Cant get anywhere near going the other way.

May try the Mosler as suggested above.

Bon chance everyone 🤞
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:21:02 AM(UTC)
Good job alienating players PG
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:37:43 AM(UTC)
Ok. Looks like Mosler is the way to go for this. Tweaked my own tune to max downforce.

Got a 140.00 recorded then a message telling me I'm 1mph short. I would really like to enter some profanity here but its against AUP. So should this event be.

Have the devs got high on something and set this up for giggles? Not trying to be funny but the only way to get close is by bouncing off the bridge and cutting corners. In Snow?!?!?! Hahaha.

But I will keep trying.

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:38:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 9:48:58 AM(UTC)
Finally ! With an X-Class Hoonigan RS200 from West to East with a good solid run-up . Before the bridge , cut just inside ( to the left ) of the last utility pole to enter the bridge with speed and use the right side wall of the bridge to help turn and maintain speed. Came out the other side well over 170 , got myself straightened up , eased off a little with the last right before the finish and crossed with over 144mph .
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 10:02:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: STUFFS429 Go to Quoted Post
Finally ! With an X-Class Hoonigan RS200 from West to East with a good solid run-up . Before the bridge , cut just inside ( to the left ) of the last utility pole to enter the bridge with speed and use the right side wall of the bridge to help turn and maintain speed. Came out the other side well over 170 , got myself straightened up , eased off a little with the last right before the finish and crossed with over 144mph .

You are a legend, this worked for me after way too many failed attempts. Thanks!
 3 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 10:12:19 AM(UTC)
Update: after a bucket load of rewinds and a serious amount of luck I got a 143. something. Praise be! Now I can clear the other weeklies and get on with life's more important things.

Just as a postscript to the devs:
I doubt you read these forums, let alone take feedback into account, but IMO this type of 'difficulty' is not the point of FH games. Bridge-bashing and going off piste should not be rewarded, driving skill should. Dodging cars i can accept, but there's too much chance factored into this event for me.

I hope you get your act together for future FH4 events, and FH5 for that matter. Not going to hold my breath mind.

Be safe everyone.
#22 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 10:13:15 AM(UTC)
After innumerable attempts at both the speed trap and the speed zone, I somehow managed to complete them in the King Cobra (snow tyres; engine swap; some tuning), but this was a drawn-out exercise in extreme frustration, especially because of the cars spawning on the approach to the speed trap and problems taking the corners (in either direction) at speed on snowy roads.

With the speed zone, I tried breaking walls and fences ahead of taking a run at it. My successful attempt came from bouncing off the right-hand side of the bridge, but managing to keep my speed up. It was often that final couple of corners where I lost too much speed.

Too much time sucked up this week by two rather trivial events. I probably blasted through the seasonal championships in record time because I was so annoyed.
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 10:14:10 AM(UTC)
It feels like they've set the wrong values for the speed zone and speed trap as these seem far more difficult than the seasonal PR's normally are.

For the speed zone I used an X999 Hoonigan RS200 coming west to east and the key for me was accelerating hard after slowing down for the left turn onto the bridge, I could carry a lot more speed up that stretch than I thought.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 10:15:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: STUFFS429 Go to Quoted Post
Before the bridge , cut just inside ( to the left ) of the last utility pole to enter the bridge with speed and use the right side wall of the bridge to help turn and maintain speed

Yep, that's the line I took, although I may have done more than just used the wall!

Congrats BTW 👍
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 10:22:40 AM(UTC)
Also used an X-class Hoonigan RS200. west-east. Trick is definitely to try to bounce off the unbreakable part of the bridge - I came close a few times before getting a really lucky bounce and coming of the bridge with my average still at 190, and landed a final score of 160. Unquestionably a difficult challenge though.
4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error