7 Pages<<567Prev
 2 users liked this post.
#151 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 6:44:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Last stream done, at last, something for the intensive players, requested for years, being able to put down volume to zero. Just hope it has not to be done again at each game start ...

Monster trucks, just seeing the stream, I told myself that something I won't do. Just another scenario, you just gently drive to end, hit accel on the last part and win, gameplay level zero.

Finish board is as empty as was these of previous versions, no number of hits, no info about who is rwd/awd/fwd, no clean lap dirty lap info, just a new skin.

Ranked removed, still no trace of championship feature or online gameplay improvement, just the button displayed for online, rivals, clubs ... I just feel good not having pre-ordered this game.

My remaining few months of gamepass should be more than enough.

Yep I'm still searching for the reasons for me to keep coming back after I finish the campaign and the expansions. Obviously it was ranked in FH4 and Eliminator came much much later. My biggest worry will be if the server issue was fixed, regardless of what multiplayer mode I choose.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I HAD a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
#152 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 10:26:26 AM(UTC)
I've been playing since FH3, and pre-ordered FH4.

However, PGG support with FH4 was totally useless. I did exactly what they told me to do, I lost everything! They initially stated they would compensate me for all tunes, liveries, and vehicles - after the last reset they backed out and I had been playing FH4 since it first came out. So, the account was totally useless on the server, because the Auction House was beyond repair.
All they told me was they would give the details to their developers.
I know all about databases and how to fix limits and values, it would not take long if the matter was checked by a technical person. But PGG doesn't do that, they just copy and paste FAQ's answers onto tickets.

I started playing FH4 again in a new account back in April this year. I have reached Prestige 4 level 500+ and clocked up my earnings to 999,999,999 Credits mostly using the auction house and doing the championship races and PR stunts. Yes, I was livid with PGG for everything they made worse.

But that has not put me off FH5, pre-ordered months ago because I liked the confirmed major updates.
#153 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 10:53:02 AM(UTC)
Yes can't wait for it
#154 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 11:43:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post
Sadly I think you're right Jezza - there seems to be a lot of long-standing/competitive players who feel it's going to lack too much of what they play the game for currently. This is the first time since owning a console that I've not pre-ordered either Horizon or Motorsport, and the way things have headed in FH4 I'm not very optimistic. I'll see how it is on game pass, but as I get very little time to play and it's mainly Forza games when I do, I'll probably not renew it next year anyway.

Totally agree with this sentiment! I am just hoping that they kept Rivals and the competitive part out because they have been focusing on their core crowd. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this gets updated over time with updates.

My initial impressions certainly of the first playlist that was shared that aside from the AE86, Raesr etc there aren't many rewards for the first whole season. Seemed to be a lot of wheelspins which would indicate to me they are easing in players rather than hitting them straight away.

I have preordered the VIP pack (first time with any FH) and will get on Game Pass which is the beauty of GP.

I am crossing fingers and toes and what I have seen so far genuinely excites me but we will have to see.

4 users liked this post.
#155 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2021 10:31:10 PM(UTC)
It's interesting to see that non racing oriented players are now identified as core of FH. I've started FH essentially on version 3 but I remember it was a game announced as "Racing in opened world". In 2 versions they managed to change the very core concept of FH,

It's sad to see no other game fills the gap, I would put even 200 on an upgraded FH3. having Blizzard mountain races among online multiplayer regular races, that would be so incentive! I tried Motorsport, even GT but it is just so claustrophobic.

Controller starting taking dust :(
Controller starting taking dust :(

FH5 won't help Series X getting there
FH5 won't help Series X getting there. Microsoft having prioritized opening games to PC/Cloud players above xbox console players, I am quite sure it will be my very last Xbox. Possibly same for PS5 as I've heard they intent to do the same move.

I'm quite sure many excellent players will just taste and leave this new FH episode like it happened going from FH3 to 4, wishing the best to all of them. I feel lucky having had the chance to enjoy Forza Horizon Racing in opened world, racing and discussing with best players in class in game and on forum.

Even with gamepass, I have to admit I hesitate to go back myself, back to having to leave rivals to change car, back to needing an Excel to track my scores, back to wheelspin filling the garage, back to no slot available to save tune, back to priority on new features rather than fixing bugs ... back to FH in mike's mode...
 3 users liked this post.
#156 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2021 12:28:53 AM(UTC)
It's interesting to see that non racing oriented players are now identified as core of FH...

It's sad. FH4 was less about the racing, more about the gaming-as-a-service grind, and I think FH5 is going to be even further that way. It's an open world so you can play it how you want to (as long as it's their way).
Alfa Romeo - "Making drivers into mechanics since 1910" (Just not in FH5)
 1 user liked this post.
#157 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2021 11:16:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post
It's interesting to see that non racing oriented players are now identified as core of FH...

It's sad. FH4 was less about the racing, more about the gaming-as-a-service grind, and I think FH5 is going to be even further that way. It's an open world so you can play it how you want to (as long as it's their way).

Not a surprise really...the playerbase PGG are aiming at (and Xbox in general) is getting lower. On a console designed for 8 year old children (why else would they design the controller to fit the hands of an 8 year old?), the first party developers would presumably be getting pressured to cater to that age range hence the gradual removal of racing in favour of stunts etc. If FH keeps being developed, FH7 or 8 won't have any racing at all
 1 user liked this post.
#158 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 4:05:15 AM(UTC)
You're right Nurse, it's not a surprise but that doesn't make it any less disappointing. I bought my first console for Motorsport but found Horizon offered more, the freedom of the open(ish) world and car culture ADDED to the racing so found myself spending more time in Horizon and looked forward to releases more. This time round not only am I not excited, I just don't feel bothered at all, it's just another game now that the more serious aspects are gone or have dropped to the bottom of the priority list. PG need to drop the pretense of it being all about the cars, culture, racing, etc, because it's not anymore.
Alfa Romeo - "Making drivers into mechanics since 1910" (Just not in FH5)
#159 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 8:19:01 AM(UTC)
Already pre-ordered the Premium ;))
#160 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 10:37:20 AM(UTC)
Install! Install! It's 25 gigs bigger than FH4!!

#161 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 10:44:23 AM(UTC)
I still have to be convinced that Mexico is a worthwhile candidate! Can some from the Studio send me a link to the Preview Build? Anyone?
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#162 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2021 1:37:36 PM(UTC)
Just downloading premium now doesn’t have the welcome pack ready for download or the vip or even the car pack.
Had to get it for the one X as I heard you could carry it over to the series X when I can get my hands on one.
#163 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2021 6:32:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ItzScionZ Go to Quoted Post
Already pre-ordered the Premium ;))

Ditto...

Edited by user Friday, October 22, 2021 6:33:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#164 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2021 8:32:48 AM(UTC)
Game pass is $1/£1 at the moment so I may as well try out FH5 that way.
#165 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2021 10:56:39 AM(UTC)
Installing a 21 GB update! Maybe this is to fix the day one bugs but please don't let this happen on early access day!

#166 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2021 1:27:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Installing a 21 GB update! Maybe this is to fix the day one bugs but please don't let this happen on early access day!

No, they’re saving some bugs so the FH4 memories help us bond.
💀🤦🏻‍♂️
I broke down and ordered it, saw update today.
Hope my fave tuners are bringing it, or at least importable.
DRC you shooting for D1 Eliminator records? 😎
#167 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2021 2:36:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sfumato720 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

No, they’re saving some bugs so the FH4 memories help us bond.
💀🤦🏻‍♂️
I broke down and ordered it, saw update today.
Hope my fave tuners are bringing it, or at least importable.
DRC you shooting for D1 Eliminator records? 😎

Lol nope! 🤓🤓 No eliminator until after I finish the campaign but I'm sure I'll be done with it come Tuesday. I'll do the qualifiers for Horizon Open or whatnot and strive for 100% on the playlist but only after the campaign will I jump into eliminator after I've learned the map a bit. Traditionally that's been my biggest advantage, but I have a new ace in the hole, so it may not be my biggest advantage this time around. 😎😎

1 user liked this post.
#168 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2021 1:48:31 PM(UTC)
Counting on you guys for early feedback on multiplayer / rivals features !
#169 Posted : Thursday, November 4, 2021 4:24:46 PM(UTC)
Counting on you guys for early feedback on multiplayer / rivals features !

I'm leaning towards streaming tonight but I've never streamed on twitch so I don't know what I'm doing. Mixer was so much easier, twitch seems complicated with less options & maneuverability.

#170 Posted : Monday, November 8, 2021 9:32:12 AM(UTC)
When I look at the forum and status of features I am interested in, I feel so good not having pre-ordered it / gave them my money for that.

This afternoon, I reinstalled FH3 to have some fun at Blizzard mountain, best place of FH for me.

Starting tomorrow, I will be able to play FH5 with my gamepass to see how it behaves on my PC vs my 1x ssd.

7 Pages<<567Prev

Notification

Icon
Error