7 Pages<<34567PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#101 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2021 5:59:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PlumCrazy010 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JoshSA92 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Philmini Go to Quoted Post
Gamers: Here take my money before the game is released

Also gamers: Why is this game buggy and unfinished

Doesn't really make sense.

Pre orders are playable only a few days before the release. The game is obviously finished and has already been shipped all over the world by then. Technically, unfinished games shouldn't be released at all.

What??? FH4 is the most bugged game I have ever played.

It didn't start out that way, though. FH4 has the unique distinction of being the only game that developed more bugs and became more unstable over time. This seems to be a consequence of the Games as a Service model. The focus is on finishing the content for the next monthly update, and not regression testing the updates or fixing bugs found in prior updates. I fully anticipate they will continue the GaaS paradigm for FH5. So, more of the same?

There were at least 10 bugs on the first day of release, and probably 20 now.
 4 users liked this post.
#102 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 12:53:35 AM(UTC)
It's too early to pre-order a game that's not fully revealed that's over three months out! We need to see the map and the cities involved before making a decision to pre-order this far out!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

3 users liked this post.
#103 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2021 1:55:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PlumCrazy010 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JoshSA92 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Philmini Go to Quoted Post
Gamers: Here take my money before the game is released

Also gamers: Why is this game buggy and unfinished

Doesn't really make sense.

Pre orders are playable only a few days before the release. The game is obviously finished and has already been shipped all over the world by then. Technically, unfinished games shouldn't be released at all.

What??? FH4 is the most bugged game I have ever played.

It didn't start out that way, though. FH4 has the unique distinction of being the only game that developed more bugs and became more unstable over time. This seems to be a consequence of the Games as a Service model. The focus is on finishing the content for the next monthly update, and not regression testing the updates or fixing bugs found in prior updates. I fully anticipate they will continue the GaaS paradigm for FH5. So, more of the same?

There were at least 10 bugs on the first day of release, and probably 20 now.

Agree with that, just I would put 'crazy', 'Experience killer' before the two figures.
Clearly, the full list of bugs and crazy non sense things on FH4 is endless and still growing.

I just wish PS release a challenger to FH, until that, no reason to change a recipe that generate millions without need to focus on quality ( quality is the most expensive and unseen thing in software / if it works well no body will make a big show on it, add pinatas and ... ).

#104 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2021 11:20:12 AM(UTC)
Hi all with just over 4000 hours in horizon 4 I had to preoder.I can't wait to complete the campaign then the grind to max rank again.I am looking forward to 50 laps of the longest track every day till I get max rank.hope you all have a great day and all the best to you all.
 1 user liked this post.
#105 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2021 1:02:10 AM(UTC)
I have Game Pass Ultimate, so the base game is free, but I've pre-ordered the premium upgrade pack, and personally I can't wait. I love Forza, and for the most part I've not regretted pre-ordering the last few Forza games. Let the good times roll....
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
#106 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2021 7:00:56 AM(UTC)
waiting as long as i could but there was no doubt that i would preorder it, done!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
#107 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2021 3:50:20 PM(UTC)
I also pre ordered the Premium Version. Should it download the full 80 GB as mine only shows 305 MB in storage.
#108 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 2:56:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dog8MyGamertag Go to Quoted Post
I have Game Pass Ultimate, so the base game is free, but I've pre-ordered the premium upgrade pack, and personally I can't wait. I love Forza, and for the most part I've not regretted pre-ordering the last few Forza games. Let the good times roll....

Same here. First year I am using GP with Forza as I normally get the physical hard copies as I have done with all the previous versions.

Plumped with the VIP add on as I've never had the VIP membership before but seeing as I've really got into the tail end of FH4 figured it was worth it (no more grinding for that extra house :)).

#109 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2021 3:18:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ShireDad Go to Quoted Post
I also pre ordered the Premium Version. Should it download the full 80 GB as mine only shows 305 MB in storage.

That's just a placeholder, the full download probably won't happen until the week before launch from what I remember of previous versions.

Alfa Romeo - "Making drivers into mechanics since 1910" (Just not in FH5)
#110 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2021 11:49:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BruskLawyer6315 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dog8MyGamertag Go to Quoted Post
I have Game Pass Ultimate, so the base game is free, but I've pre-ordered the premium upgrade pack, and personally I can't wait. I love Forza, and for the most part, I've not regretted pre-ordering the last few Forza games. Let the good times roll....

Same here. First-year I am using GP with Forza as I normally get the physical hard copies as I have done with all the previous versions.

Plumped with the VIP add-on as I've never had the VIP membership before but seeing as I've really got into the tail end of FH4 figured it was worth it (no more grinding for that extra house :)).

Definitely don't do it for the cars, because, as past examples have shown, they will come around later on. I can't justify buying the Ultimate Edition, when everything I paid extra money for, becomes available later for free or at a lower price. BTW, I have every version of Forza and Forza Horizon. I am not a Johnny come lately to this game. I challenge PG to put a sticky stating they will not release exclusive content that people are willing to pay extra for and mean it. Yes, I am upset about paying for VIP content, only to see it about 10-12 months later. I am not planning on purchasing the Ultimate Edition, unless the content will remain exclusive. I don't understand why more people won't drive this point home.

Edited by user Friday, August 13, 2021 1:18:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Service Connected Disabled Navy Vet. Marines call me "Doc".

1 user liked this post.
#111 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2021 2:07:53 AM(UTC)
Maybe consider VIP as giving you 10-12 months early access to exclusive content? That seems pretty good value compared to what you need to pay for early access to the game as a whole :)
Alfa Romeo - "Making drivers into mechanics since 1910" (Just not in FH5)
#112 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2021 12:12:59 PM(UTC)
Not too sure if this is allowed - BUT on HotdealsUK u can get the premium bundle for 55 quid ish - from xbox iceland - saving 30 notes whooooooooooooo - ive done it - not took money yet but its all gone through - just a heads up - peace fb

edit also same discounts on all the other bundles !! a v i t

Edited by user Friday, August 13, 2021 12:19:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#113 Posted : Friday, August 13, 2021 4:50:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Smoke5495 Go to Quoted Post
Maybe consider VIP as giving you 10-12 months early access to exclusive content? That seems pretty good value compared to what you need to pay for early access to the game as a whole :)

No offense intended ;) This is what I am talking about. If one could be patient, you will get the items. How is it exclusive content if everyone gets the content free or at a reduced price later on? I guess I am trying to figure out the extra expense of it all. I am 57 y/o disabled vet living on a fixed income. To me, VIP, means the perks you get are exclusive and no one else gets them if they are not a VIP member. I guess I am old school where being a VIP meant you were important to the company or organization. a person is not a VIP with exclusive content when that content comes up free for completing a task or a wheel spin or at a reduced cost in the same marketplace that you purchased the "VIP" content from. I guess I am waiting for a reasonable answer to my question.
Service Connected Disabled Navy Vet. Marines call me "Doc".

7 users liked this post.
#114 Posted : Saturday, August 21, 2021 4:08:00 PM(UTC)
Nope, probably not even going to purchase the full game.
Playing FH4 for almost 3 years through bugs that never get fixed, cheaters that never get dealt with has taught me they really don't care about their paying players. FH4 ended on bugs it had from start, disconnects, cannot connect and others left me wondering why I paid for it to begin with. I'll wait to see how things go before I purchase it, if at all.
 8 users liked this post.
#115 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2021 9:08:47 AM(UTC)
Exclusive content : some pay to win cars that any good player will hardly use because they want to win/loose playing fair + DLC not playable online. I only pre-order to support a team I am confident they will do something great.

Just like purple, FH4 was too expensive for a beta version, +no communication with community ( last community guy never posted anything relative to players concerns, simply never ) , +ending with a FH4 left with 2/3 of online bugged to death.

Most important is that for FH4, demo was designed to hide the disaster of online mode.

Most guys on FH3 were in a club, having good time playing together, FH4 destroyed FH spirit.

I will wait to see what the online looks like using my gamepass, only then I will consider the option of buying it.

I hope FH5 will reach back, at the very least, the racing and playing together experience of FH3 which FH4 failed. And I am not forgetting that FH3 was not gold itself.

Wait and see.
#116 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2021 1:33:19 AM(UTC)
Already did, quite hyped for the drop.
 2 users liked this post.
#117 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2021 9:43:32 AM(UTC)
I was already questioning whether I would preorder, given all that remains unfixed in FH4, but with the announcement that the Loyalty Rewards would be eliminated, that just about seals the deal . Not only will I probably not be preordering, but I am not sure I will even play the game at all at this point. It is unbelievable that after 10 years of faithfulness to the franchise that they have made this decisiion.
#118 Posted : Sunday, August 29, 2021 10:55:36 PM(UTC)
It is interesting to see how experiences can differ.
Maybe I am a simpler gamer than some of you, but I had a blast playing FH4. It got boring at some point of course, but I look forward to having a blast with FH5 again.
I cannot recall any game breaking bugs, but then again I was late to the game (bought the game summer 2019 I think?).

I don't think I ever spent 100 euros on a game, but I will probably preorder the Ultimate Edition.

ps: I am not sure why my avatar says I have been driving since 2021.... should be 2019....

Edited by user Sunday, August 29, 2021 10:57:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#119 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 9:52:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sir iLex Go to Quoted Post
Maybe I am a simpler gamer than some of you, but I had a blast playing FH4. It got boring at some point of course, but I look forward to having a blast with FH5 again.
I cannot recall any game breaking bugs, but then again I was late to the game (bought the game summer 2019 I think?).

I don't think I ever spent 100 euros on a game, but I will probably preorder the Ultimate Edition.

ps: I am not sure why my avatar says I have been driving since 2021.... should be 2019....

Forum solution quality quite follows the one of the game :)

I just guess you played mostly offline stuff which kept you away from the online disaster, right or wrong ?

If you have doubts on some feedback being honest, you can just pick the gamertag, open the xbox bar and search for it. number of days on the game is quite an effective way to identify trolls & cheaters which I don't consider you are.

It can also be helpful to put in a perspective the number of days/hours you played the game compared to intensive/veteran players.

FH4 official bugs : https://support.forzamot...1991068-FH4-Known-Issues
Make sure you translate 'some players' by 'most players' , 'some' is just a weak known trick to avoid fixing an issue.

Edited by user Monday, August 30, 2021 9:54:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#120 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2021 10:38:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sir iLex Go to Quoted Post

Forum solution quality quite follows the one of the game :)

I just guess you played mostly offline stuff which kept you away from the online disaster, right or wrong ?

If you have doubts on some feedback being honest, you can just pick the gamertag, open the xbox bar and search for it. number of days on the game is quite an effective way to identify trolls & cheaters which I don't consider you are.

It can also be helpful to put in a perspective the number of days/hours you played the game compared to intensive/veteran players.

FH4 official bugs : https://support.forzamot...1991068-FH4-Known-Issues
Make sure you translate 'some players' by 'most players' , 'some' is just a weak known trick to avoid fixing an issue.

Oh I was not saying people were not sincere or were making up bugs. It is just that when I read this thread I am amazed at how passionately people don't want to preorder while I am like a puppy going: "woohoooo more fun!".
I have been doing some online stuff, but mostly offline indeed, so that might indeed be it.
#121 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2021 2:54:08 PM(UTC)
I don't expect anything "mindblowing and game-changing"; I can deal w rare crashes of the Steam version; they definitely will not add bikes in-game; I don't plan to play other games (don't have time).
So, why not, preordered Premium on Steam :)
#122 Posted : Thursday, September 2, 2021 11:44:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iReactive Go to Quoted Post
I don't expect anything "mindblowing and game-changing"; I can deal w rare crashes of the Steam version; they definitely will not add bikes in-game; I don't plan to play other games (don't have time).
So, why not, preordered Premium on Steam :)

If you associates bikes seen in the intro to bikes in game, there is exactly same kind of sequence in FH4 ...
 5 users liked this post.
#123 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2021 4:40:17 PM(UTC)
Game feels like doing everything all over again to own the same stuff I already own in FH4. No interesting progression. Brought back the cringiest parts of FH4, just because.

Only major improvement was in sounds and even then there have been a couple sidesteps. Few of the sounds I've heard were good IMO, and none impressed me.

It's basically FH4 in Mexico with raytracing. The starting car list is completely underwhelming. Pointless to preorder.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#124 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2021 10:13:27 AM(UTC)
I am a Huuuuuge Forza fan, However after getting Boned on Motorsport 7, I will never pre-order another Forza game ever again.
 2 users liked this post.
#125 Posted : Wednesday, September 8, 2021 11:40:37 AM(UTC)
Well, seeing the wheel controller expert using drivatar as a bump to pass a corner as any rammer would do and this without any sign of penalty, I guess they intend to continue on the same ramming experience path.
Don't misunderstand me, I was not expecting player to be stopped just for pushing a drivatar but offline educates/makes online players. Hits with no consequences offline do result in rammers online.

Seen the cars list where one can see all the cars he already have, only jump to manufacturer, no filter, means already a regression compared to FH4.

For sure, pre-order is more than ever out of the question. My game pass expires end of November ...

Edited by user Wednesday, September 8, 2021 11:41:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 Pages<<34567PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error