#1 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 11:10:35 AM(UTC)
soooooooo frustrating... :-(

I hope everybody is aware of the issue that when you do a change in car design, game might stay indefinitely at message "Saving content do not turn off your device". You can choose to keep waiting, but soon you realize only option is to close the game (on my Series X one time I think sign off and sign in helped, but I am not 100% sure)...

...and keep fingers crossed that it did not corrupt your cloud save. You will certainly know for sure your save is corrupted if the game does not progress past screens of Lego cars at loading time. I could not determine how many design changes you have to do, it appears random and is does not matter if you are downloading a design, creating a design on your own or simply changing a color from built-in palette.

For me this game corrupted my cloud save 3 times in one month... and all I did today was simple color change on my Bmw M5 - quite a hefty price to pay for simple color change...

During past few weeks I tried to do some observations to try to determine probable cause - I tried to have my garage with only handful of cars, I tried to keep number of designs small, but to no avail... when this happened 1st time somewhere beginning of may, my profile was around 145MB and I was star 4 lvl 120. When the game corrupted my profile again today for 3rd time, my profile was around 63MB and I was star 1 level 140 (regular Forza Horizon fan, right? :-D). So definitely not related to how much data your game wants to store in cloud.

Unfortunately the consequences of corrupted save is complete loss of progress. You get back your cars and credits in form of messages in your inbox, but imagine you have hundred of cars in your garage - that also means you gained tons of stuff to put on your avatar and tons of siren tunes (these two I do not even care for) - so expect close to 1000 messages :-D Try not to make a mistake and delete your single message with credits you earned - fortunately did not happen to me :-D

But I believe you can imagine how much time it takes to parse through all those messages. Everything else including progress, forzathon points, designs... well that vanishes in the air, you have to start from scratch. Everything you had in auction house you can also forget - it will be still visible, but you will no longer be able to either put unsold cars back to your garage or earn credits from successful sale (I raised this to game developers, they are investigating, not sure if they fixed it, not important to me anyway).

I had a lot of fun times as well as very frustrating times, so with this thread I hope to raise awareness and warn others this issue is still present even after the game is out for multiple years. Do the game developers care for time people spend with this game? Definitely not in my case... This really makes me wonder if I want to buy another Forza Horizon title - I would like to, but not with such high risk of random data corruption, lost progress and opening support tickets.

For those of you this issue did not happen, keep enjoying best arcade racing series, period!
#2 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2021 11:21:29 AM(UTC)
Series X has had a lot of problems according to the posts on here. Not good.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 7:20:50 AM(UTC)
I am on PC. I think console should be better before I read your post.
May be I am lucky to survive lots of bug and no corrupted save yet.
But now I got CTD whenever entering a speed zone. Seems they don't want me to leave any record of speeding.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2021 12:59:12 PM(UTC)
Mr. tykadielko,

I had similar posts on May 23rd..

My solution was to power-down the Xbox Series X.
Disconnected all wires and cables to the Xbox Series X.

Enjoy a cup of coffee.
Reconnect all wires and cables.

Horizon then booted up cleanly without any more problems being stuck on Saving Content.
BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
Microsoft Xbox Series X
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:05:49 AM(UTC)
I am not sure it is corrupted file or just a connection issue.
Always crash to desktop CTD whenever entering speed zone or finishing a drift zone.
Have updated windows version and graphic drivers. Can connect online play. Moderate NAT type as usual.

Do you think re-installing the game will help? I am afraid of losing the save.
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 8:41:53 AM(UTC)
You would think the backend wouldn't commit the save until the sync had completed successfully. That way, in the worst case scenario, it would just roll back to the last known good save. Better to lose a few days of progress than everything from the start.
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2021 11:31:30 AM(UTC)
did this to me on series s doing car perks i started a got to mazda crashed infinite loading screen lost my entire game

744 cars
level 9 prestige
969,000,000 credit
all cars where perked

forza team got back my inventory only to glitch and they have not replied to send me my stuff one last time

Edited by user Thursday, June 17, 2021 11:32:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error