2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 4:48:12 AM(UTC)
..if not THE worst!
Seriously, I'm a decade long video game player but I can't remember any game that seemingly has been so badly maintained.
I mean for months now we (or at least a LOT of players) are experiencing connection problems and most of all PERFORMANCE issues. AND IT?S GETTING WORSE, not better!
Pretty much every single race (no matter what kind of adventure one chooses there will be at least 2 or 3 races were one has to wait 5 to 10 minutes between every single race - if the race even starts.
it's getting ridiculous.
even more pathetic though is the reaction from Turn10/Playground/Microsoft, or rather the complete absence of it. Nothing, and I literally mean NOTHING is being communicated.
Nothing to the likes of "we are aware of the massive problems some of the player base is experiencing and we're sorry but promise to try our best to fix it as soon as possible" or ANYTHING that yould indicate that the developers and vendors even care
Sorry, that's just disrespectful to each and every single player that has spent his money to buy this game.

Edited by user Saturday, June 5, 2021 7:42:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 5:47:25 AM(UTC)
Eh, only in the past 4 weeks have I noticed that my online connection stability has been poor. Everything else in the game literally works the same way it did out of the box, including all the stuff they've added since that time.

First, half the world began working from home stressing internet providers and connectivity across the globe in ways nobody could have predicted a year or two earlier, there's more people gaming than ever before cuz "nowhere to go" so that impacted the hosts who are connected to all those internet providers. Things take more time to get repaired or upgraded than they did before because the people that do the upgrading and repairing are also at home, gaming, all of this is Pandemic related. Finally....I'm guessing the group of people who work on this title (probably a smaller maintenance team while the rest are working on whatever is coming up next) that isn't selling the same numbers as it did 4 years ago are also working from home, and that can create some limitations.

Also consider you're talking about a game that is played across the entire planet. I don't know where the servers I play on are located, but if I want to play with someone on the other side of Earth, I can ping them, and we can connect and suddenly we're driving together. There's probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of players concurrently at peak times.....so, you know, lets tip a hat of respect to the achievement here.

I get it, frequent disconnects suck. It could be regional, it could be because a submarine or hungry crab cut some line running along the ocean, it could be because the guy down the street from you is downloading every movie on the internet that he finds and its impacting your neighborhood, it could be solar flares.....it doesn't necessarily have to be lazy-developers, ok?

What *is* frustrating however is the lack of discussion FROM the publisher and developers to at least say "We know there is an issue and are looking into it and here is some status updates weekly/monthly" or at the very least "Look, there are problems, but they are completely out of our hands, nothing we can do". There may be legal/contractual reasons for that, but who knows.
So yeah, it sucks being disconnected constantly, but a lot of things suck right now. And getting frequently disconnected is kinda low on the whole list of potential problems you, me and that other guy or gal over there might be dealing with.

2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 5:50:19 AM(UTC)
This is what happens when you force online for no reason. Not only to we have the horribleness of the fact that we HAVE to play whatever season is up, but we also have a ton of people who are using online resources that don't need to be.

Add that on top of the fact that the server resources are clearly not enough and PGG was clearly not prepared to service an always online game and this is what you get. At this point, all we can do is hope they learn from their mistake in 5.
 4 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 8:10:34 AM(UTC)
Without going into deeper condolencies, i agree with you. But of course every single player who has been in here for more than a year would agree with you. Unless he/she is a fanboy...
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 10:04:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheWarmWind76 Go to Quoted Post
This is what happens when you force online for no reason. Not only to we have the horribleness of the fact that we HAVE to play whatever season is up, but we also have a ton of people who are using online resources that don't need to be.

Add that on top of the fact that the server resources are clearly not enough and PGG was clearly not prepared to service an always online game and this is what you get. At this point, all we can do is hope they learn from their mistake in 5.

The entire game and it’s non-mp additions can be played completely offline. Remember FM4 where if you were offline you couldn’t even use DLC cars?

Notification

Icon
Error