Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2021 11:56:52 AM(UTC)
I don't know about you, but I find satisfaction in braking, turning in, hitting the apex, and tracking out. I would also argue that it takes more talent to drive properly. Furthermore it seems to me the number of corners in Horizon that can be wall ridden are greatly out numbered by the ones that can't. I won't even talk about the numbers of times I got rammed either. So wall riders ........What gives???


Also to the wallrider I encountered last night during The Trial (The one that almost rolled your car riding the wall trying to pass me).... Thanks for stopping on track on the last lap of the final race with our team tied at 1-1 so we all lost, all because you could not drive properly on real corners. That was awesome. Rant over. Happy driving to the rest of you.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2021 3:31:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bd95C4 Go to Quoted Post
I don't know about you, but I find satisfaction in braking, turning in, hitting the apex, and tracking out. I would also argue that it takes more talent to drive properly. Furthermore it seems to me the number of corners in Horizon that can be wall ridden are greatly out numbered by the ones that can't. I won't even talk about the numbers of times I got rammed either. So wall riders ........What gives???


Also to the wallrider I encountered last night during The Trial (The one that almost rolled your car riding the wall trying to pass me).... Thanks for stopping on track on the last lap of the final race with our team tied at 1-1 so we all lost, all because you could not drive properly on real corners. That was awesome. Rant over. Happy driving to the rest of you.


Yes, complete (i can't say the rest because it will be deleted). It has gotten worse over the last couple of months. I had a Trial last night with 4 players including myself. 3 of those players were from the same club with the "glorious" leader leading the pack. I took out the first race with "Glorious" leader trying his best to ram me off track to no avail. Second race and "Glorious" leaders minions boxed me in and attempted to bring me to a stop along the concrete wall in the first part of the track. That didn't work out for them and i got up behind "Glorious" leader who was in first. "Glorious" leader slammed on brakes whilst one minion came up alongside and, once again, attempted to push me off track. "Glorious" leaders other minion went on to take out first and i came in 4th whilst still having "Glorious" leader and minion try their best to ram me off the track for the entire last half of race. Third race and i got off to a good lead only to have "Glorious" leader corner bomb me and his minion push me into the stone walls. Clearly frustrated at this stage i took stock of what position i was in (dead last) and threw caution to the wind. I threaded my way through until i came up behing minion 1 who, as usual from him, blocked every attempt i made to pass. An overshot on the corner into the wall let me pass and i weaved my way up to "Glorious" leader who by this time was in 5th. Along came minion again and again they both tried to box me in. This time they compltetly stuffed it up and rammed into each other as i braked then sped up past them. The other minion by this time had taken the lead and i had some serious catching up to do and i was doing it. We came to the final stretch to the finish line with myself having moved up to 2nd. Neck and neck to the line and minion tries to (yes, you guessed it) ram me into the wall at the finish line. This action was sufficient enough to deny me first place. Is it any wonder with morons like this in the game that people get massively annoyed with the game and turn away from it eventually...........reporting anything is a joke.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2021 8:10:56 PM(UTC)
Not sure, but it seems that Steam brought fresh supply of those "special" people.
Would be great, if trial had also a solo option to complete, or be ghosted to other players, as drivarats are usually annoying enough.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 4:41:26 AM(UTC)
This is why I tend to avoid doing the Trial these days...sometimes you get a good team of good drivers (I especially find it a nice surprise when i get given a team of very low level players and they race better than half the higher level players I have experienced racing with in it), more often you get lumbered with a bunch of morons who are too stupid to understand the word "Team". I want to say FH4 is populated by a bunch of 5 year old children...but that would be unfair to actual 5 year old children
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 6:09:17 AM(UTC)
No doubt this game always has a fresh supply of gibbering idiots. Had a rage quitter in the trial on Thursday who quit simply because they couldn't beat me. We had already won the trial, we were already up 2-0. Heck they had already beaten me on one of the races. But they took a corner in broadway too aggressively for their stupid, trying to be meta Abarth hatchback with ugly aero and all and the car rolled. I took the same line, but I'm driving an Aventador with the widebody kit, so, you know, no roll.

Coasted past them, immediate rage quit.

Asking the internet to stop being stupid is like asking for blood from a stone.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 9:11:59 AM(UTC)
Erm, actually if you are a decent driver, wall riding can be used in your advantaje instead of slowing you down. I do it all the times. A swift drift just before you reach the wall will make your car stand in straight line gaining time over other racers. Even if you take the corner perfectly fine and you accelerate right away in the right time, that is most of the times slower than going fast, drift and keep accelerating. Of course if you have an AWD car. If you dont, dont even try wall riding.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 12:59:02 PM(UTC)
Drift taps fine. Riding isn’t. Learn difference, get skill
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 1:37:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: George RGJ Go to Quoted Post
Erm, actually if you are a decent driver, wall riding can be used in your advantaje instead of slowing you down. I do it all the times. A swift drift just before you reach the wall will make your car stand in straight line gaining time over other racers. Even if you take the corner perfectly fine and you accelerate right away in the right time, that is most of the times slower than going fast, drift and keep accelerating. Of course if you have an AWD car. If you dont, dont even try wall riding.


I presume that wall riding means crashing into a wall and it steers you around the bend. Not sure if you mean the same thing???
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2021 2:33:59 PM(UTC)
Same train of thought happens in every genre of games unfortunately, when I played Grand Slam Tennis 2 99% of the people online had no intention of even trying to play something that resembled a proper game of tennis.

I personally will never understand anyone who buys a game but doesn't try and play it properly when there's other human players involved.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 6 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2021 8:31:43 AM(UTC)
So our beloved troll is also a wall rider, who would have guessed.
That also explains posts about "impossible" PR stunts, lack of walls and so steering must be virtually impossible, yes. Wonder how races go, as not all have conveniently placed walls to steer you around.

Also please don't insult decent drivers with your inability to drive/take corners. You might find brakes useful for such things ... you know, slow down and actually steer to take the corner.

PS
Hope I never meet you in (any) game.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 3:17:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: George RGJ Go to Quoted Post
Erm, actually if you are a decent driver, wall riding can be used in your advantaje instead of slowing you down. I do it all the times. A swift drift just before you reach the wall will make your car stand in straight line gaining time over other racers. Even if you take the corner perfectly fine and you accelerate right away in the right time, that is most of the times slower than going fast, drift and keep accelerating. Of course if you have an AWD car. If you dont, dont even try wall riding.



Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong.


Wall-riding automatically disqualifies you from being even a decent driver. Wall-riding = cheating.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#12 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 4:19:47 AM(UTC)
Yesterday I was rammed off the track by a “Grandmaster” in ranked racing. Sometimes it seems the higher ranked racers are the worst for ramming. Stream players were cautioned about it before they came on - generally they follow racing guidelines. Most racers are good, some are good at ramming- like a well-timed tap when they’re next to you. Sometimes I wish there were an expletive option in quick chat. :/
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#13 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 5:07:33 AM(UTC)
this is why i quit ranked online. you get to a high rank and find that winning a rank championship nets you maybe 1 point but finish in 2nd and you loss 100+ points. so yeah that grandmaster is going to be dirty when needed but i fault the game not the player!
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#14 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 6:51:28 AM(UTC)
FFA grandmasters/high ranked players are generally clean and most are involved enough in other racing stuff (like Team Wars) not to want to damage their reputations. I’d be surprised if Fizgip was intentionally rammed by a FFA GM.

Team Adventure the vast majority of GMs are quitters only there by virtue of the broken points system and many are also rammers, with limited actual racing skills.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 9, 2021 11:06:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FizgigMeep Go to Quoted Post
Yesterday I was rammed off the track by a “Grandmaster” in ranked racing. Sometimes it seems the higher ranked racers are the worst for ramming. Stream players were cautioned about it before they came on - generally they follow racing guidelines. Most racers are good, some are good at ramming- like a well-timed tap when they’re next to you. Sometimes I wish there were an expletive option in quick chat. :/


Not a GM but my most vivid memory of FFA adventure is a League 3 ramming then rubbing me off into some fences right near the end of a race I was going to win.

Perhaps I'm just underrating my own ability but if you're League 3 standard you shouldn't need to resort to that to beat someone who plays once a series.

Notification

Icon
Error