3 Pages123PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 1:58:06 PM(UTC)
Series X

Works fine on main account. Will not launch past the (C) page for secondary accounts.

And yes, I have done all the shutdown, unplug, etc. etc.

I really would LOVE to be able to bypass all the updates. I rarely play on line and would gladly give that up to be able to just sit down, logon to the game and play the game without having to wait for updates to install. I haven't used any of the new cars in a long time. Don't really care about them or new 'features'. I just want to play the game for the few minutes I have.

NOT HAPPY
#27 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:03:16 PM(UTC)
Same issue as well
X-Box series X
#28 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:17:23 PM(UTC)
Xbox Series X same problem...

uninstall, install, power off, unplug, reset mac settings... NOTHING!
#29 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:19:08 PM(UTC)
Same issue...just crashes to home screen.
Xbox Series X
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:20:14 PM(UTC)
2 1/2 years old and the same mistakes are still turning up.

It's just fortunate it's such a great game, because at times throughout the game's life it's support has given Bethesda's for Fallout 76 in it's early days a run for it's money.
 3 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:21:45 PM(UTC)
WAIT!!!

Sign Out of account on Xbox, start the game and it WORKS!!! Game loaded, sign in once loaded to start playing and it worked!
 2 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:26:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EJD07 Go to Quoted Post
WAIT!!!
Sign Out of account on Xbox, start the game and it WORKS!!! Game loaded, sign in once loaded to start playing and it worked!

Glad that worked for you. Didn't fix my issue, though

Edited by user Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:27:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#33 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:33:15 PM(UTC)
oops

Edited by user Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:34:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: wrong thread

#34 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:42:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EJD07 Go to Quoted Post
WAIT!!!

This does work to get into the game, but the server appears to be (at least partially) offline. I get a "server is not available at this time" message when attempting to access the AH or user created tunes/designs, etc.
#35 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:44:16 PM(UTC)
I've had a response from Forza Support. They are working on it.
 7 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 4:34:46 PM(UTC)
Xbox Series X here. I just fixed it by:
1 - Disabled instant sign on (Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey > Instant sign-in)
2 - Restarted Xbox
3 - Upon restart, skipped sign in
4 - Started game
5 - Manually signed back into my account on the main menu
6 - Continued game
7 - Searched and successfully joined a session when prompted

Once that all worked, I figured I'd sign up for the forums to share this workaround in case someone else can benefit while the Forza developers work on the fix.
#37 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 5:29:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Frosty386829 Go to Quoted Post
I submitted a ticket over it, but we all know that won't motivate the FH4 team. And I swear, from their response, I'm quite certain they really don't bother to read them, they just blindly send you a response with random common-sense tips that we all already know. I'd like to play a game that I have time & money invested in, but it doesn't seem the FH4 Team is interested in doing their job and taking care of their customers.

If they really cared about us, the import issues wouldn't have been left for more than six months...

We know that the COVID-19 pandemic means that PG cannot their work as before COVID-19. But these days FH4 is very prone to add fatal bugs in updates.
This is my personal opinion, but I would like to see a more careful debugging process, even if it means a slight delay in the update schedule.

#38 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 5:44:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Glockenspiel Go to Quoted Post
1 - Disabled instant sign on (Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey > Instant sign-in)
2 - Restarted Xbox
4 - Started game
6 - Continued game

Once that all worked, I figured I'd sign up for the forums to share this workaround in case someone else can benefit while the Forza developers work on the fix.

Confirmed this workaround also works on my Series-X.......Thanks.
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 7:02:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SpinFast Go to Quoted Post
2 - Restarted Xbox
4 - Started game
6 - Continued game

Tried that, doesn't work. The account that purchased the game has to be signed in
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
#40 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 7:23:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SpinFast Go to Quoted Post
2 - Restarted Xbox
4 - Started game
6 - Continued game

Tried that, doesn't work. The account that purchased the game has to be signed in

As soon as game startup progresses past the point where the broken game kicks you to the dashboard, you log into your live account on the dashboard. Let the game finish its startup. Works for me. Have been playing the new game update on my Series-x for the last hour+.
#41 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 8:11:28 PM(UTC)
Is it because of the update that Ranker Adventure is not available?
It should be possible to join until the season is changed, right?

It's my fault for putting off playing Ranker Adventure for the past month, but if this problem is not fixed I will not reach 80% of the season's achievements and I will finish Season 34 without getting Trueno.
#42 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 9:59:39 PM(UTC)
Mine doing exactly the same thing series x
Deleted core game and re installing.
We will see.
#43 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 10:41:57 PM(UTC)
Having the same problem on my Xbox Series X.

The console I'm playing on is NOT set as my "home box", maybe this could be the cause?
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 11:01:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Series X

Works fine on main account. Will not launch past the (C) page for secondary accounts.

And yes, I have done all the shutdown, unplug, etc. etc.

I really would LOVE to be able to bypass all the updates. I rarely play on line and would gladly give that up to be able to just sit down, logon to the game and play the game without having to wait for updates to install. I haven't used any of the new cars in a long time. Don't really care about them or new 'features'. I just want to play the game for the few minutes I have.

NOT HAPPY

Same issue for me. Works on my account but not for my kids account.

Support ticket submitted..hopefully solved soon.
#45 Posted : Wednesday, May 5, 2021 11:30:11 PM(UTC)
Ok. For me, I solved the issue on my xbox series s. Go offline, launch the game, go online. I hope this solution can help you. Sorry for my poor english...
#46 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 12:13:08 AM(UTC)
2 - Restarted Xbox
4 - Started game
6 - Continued game

Working for me too on Xbox Series X ! thanks a lot!

#47 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 12:14:48 AM(UTC)
Per Twitter the workaround at present is to go offline and then load the game. I don't think this works with the digital version and only the disc version.

I tried this and it works. Once past the load screen you can go online again and connect to the Horizon servers.

The auction house and Forzathon shop seem to be offline but the playlist loads and hopefully those who haven't finished the last daily challenge can do this in the next 6 hours. Thankfully I completed the whole season to 100 per cent earlier yesterday before I updated!

I know this is repeated all the time but I really wish PG would drop a few cars per playlist to fix these continuing issues. The Jeep and the DS23 are nice but why not can the Porsche and use this time to fix all the current issues.
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 1:15:50 AM(UTC)
2 - Restarted Xbox
4 - Started game
6 - Continued game

Thanks, Mr Glockenspiel, worked like a charm. However, I figured out that once the game has been closed, I had to sign-off my profile, restart the game without an active profile and then select it once the game asks for it. So not all steps have to be done again. Also the resume function works fine.

Thanks again!
#49 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 3:37:04 AM(UTC)
Thanks EJD07, good work !!
#50 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 5:23:24 AM(UTC)
So I turned on my Xbox Series X and FH4 was updating, so I let it update. After the update, I launched the game and it gets to the copyright screen, then the game crashes. Tried restarting console 5 times, did a power cycle twice and still nothing. Anybody having the same issue and/or have the fix?
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error