#1 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 5:15:59 AM(UTC)
Trying to figure out if its just me or if anyone else noticed.......seems a couple weeks ago I'm getting cars that religiously understeer off corners.....or their wheels on normal steering settings are not turning even though I've got the stick cranked, it *almost* feels like they changed the setting behind-the-scenes that helps you steer when you're in normal mode......and it favors understeer, not over (one could argue that sim steering will give you all the oversteer you like).

I haven't yet switched to Sim steering because that's a slightly different animal, but it's almost like Normal steering got nerfed or nannied even more than usual......checked the tv and inputs, game mode is still on, etc, still feels laggy however....?

Edited by user Monday, May 3, 2021 5:17:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 6:36:14 AM(UTC)
I have not noticed anything. What kind of shape is that controller in?
#3 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 6:59:07 AM(UTC)
Haven't noticed any difference.
#4 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 8:23:59 AM(UTC)
Yes I have, for at least the past few months and same with my bff he has noticed it as well. I'm on controller (newer), play with no assists and sim steering. I have noticed on some of my cars but not all and on the ones I've noticed it, had to go back and retune it. Does retuning help? Some but not 100%
Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
#5 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 8:44:45 AM(UTC)
At first I thought my tv had switched off it's "Game Mode", like I was suddenly getting more controller lag than I was used to....this is at 4k/30 by the way so there is always a low expectation of me on responsiveness compared to 60fps on PC, but then I realized it wasn't so much controller lag (TV's game mode was still turned on), but that cars felt like they would turn...and then stop turning....like max wheel turn was suddenly very shallow, I'd slow down and still have trouble completing the turn.

Checked my deadzones, reset to default, unplugged my wheel...etc. Still feels weird to me. Also noticed they patched it again because the Screaming Loud Microsoft into sounds are back.....

I'll try it at 1080p/60 (One X mode) and see if that makes any difference.

I saw someone posted some complaint a few weeks ago saying that he played with keyboard and suddenly his wheels were not turning more than 30 degrees, I dismissed it, but then suddenly I'm experiencing this same "sorta thing" on controller......or so it felt.....dunno, could be me. Controller is fine, don't notice this on any other game.

#6 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 9:41:44 AM(UTC)
XBox One S is improving all the time. My steering is great! Less lag than ever! By the way I'm playing offline, so if anything it is probably the internet that is slowing down on Steam.

Edited by user Monday, May 3, 2021 9:42:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 11:40:08 PM(UTC)
im having steering issues aswell but not just that theres a big lack of corner traction since last update and im wondering why it hasnt been fixed theres enough people pointing those bugs out that they have to know
but then these guys are wierd enough to actually put 2 different overall handling set ups for each video quality option... what? and why?!! does there need to be a difference in handling on either video output??? video is optical not mechanical but thats off subject. so seriously it doesnt even matter what tires you equip they all grip like butter sticks on a hot skillet
#8 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2021 11:47:13 PM(UTC)
im having steering issues aswell but not just that theres a big lack of corner traction since last update and im wondering why it hasnt been fixed theres enough people pointing those bugs out that they have to know
but then these guys are wierd enough to actually put 2 different overall handling set ups for each video quality option... what? and why?!! does there need to be a difference in handling on either video output??? video is optical not mechanical but thats off subject. so seriously it doesnt even matter what tires you equip they all grip like butter sticks on a hot skillet. but one issue i noticed they are probably never going to fix is when in a high speed turn when you start to corner the tires will straighten
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 4, 2021 12:01:42 AM(UTC)
@headrusch1 and anyone who would like to fix steering lag... go to settings into controlls press the pause button for advanced turn inner steering dead zone down between 3-15 and that will greatly increase responce speed also if to set steering linearity to 62 wich i think is prime setting number you will find the car to be more stable especially coming out of corners
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 4:15:32 AM(UTC)
Thanks for the suggestions all.....

Notification

Icon
Error