#1 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 6:19:05 AM(UTC)
Hi guys,

Yesterday I was playing some Forzathon Live. Only me and 2 other guys doing anything helpful.
The last round was about doing tricks in central Edinburgh. I quickly realized that we were racking up points way faster than usual.
That's when I came across a Aventador LP700-4 FE spinning in place. There was smoke, kinda like if the driver was going for a burnout, but the car was effectively acting as a spinning top. It was not the typical wheelie as the car was firmly planted. Whatever this guy was doing was very effective in amassing points. He could probably complete the entire round by himself in less than 2 minutes.

I wonder, is this a bug? If not, can someone explain the trick to me?
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 11:16:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Siegfried XB Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys,

Yesterday I was playing some Forzathon Live. Only me and 2 other guys doing anything helpful.
The last round was about doing tricks in central Edinburgh. I quickly realized that we were racking up points way faster than usual.
That's when I came across a Aventador LP700-4 FE spinning in place. There was smoke, kinda like if the driver was going for a burnout, but the car was effectively acting as a spinning top. It was not the typical wheelie as the car was firmly planted. Whatever this guy was doing was very effective in amassing points. He could probably complete the entire round by himself in less than 2 minutes.

I wonder, is this a bug? If not, can someone explain the trick to me?

You can make some cars spin on the spot just by adding Drift tunes to them.... loads of acceleration.
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 12:13:11 PM(UTC)
Awd donuts. They're probably easy with most of the Hoonigan gymkhana cars but many/most high powered awd cars can replicate it. Edinburgh skills for the Forzathon live event are drift skills IIRC. To my knowledge those donuts don't count for drift skills so personally I would credit your other partner.

From a stopped position turn the steering wheel full to one direction and mash the gas.
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 1, 2021 3:57:07 PM(UTC)
Thanks. I tried to slap an X class AWD drift tune in my Aventador FE and did exactly what you suggested: From a stationary position, hold the left stick all the way to one direction (I tried with both Normal and Simulation steering), stability and track control off, manual with clutch, first gear engaged.
What happened: Burnout followed by drift. The car moved.
What I was expecting to happen: Spinning top car.

Would one of you two have a car + tunning combination that would allow me to reproduce the "AWD donut" thingy? Other than the Lambo I also have access to Hoonicorn / Hoonicorn V2 / Hoonigan F-150, and most DLC cars with lots of torque (Shelby Monaco, Drift Pack cars, etc).

I can't guarantee that it wasn't the thirf player racking up points as per your suggestion, but it certainly looked like the spinning top lambo driver was the one collecting points. Whatever this guy was doing looked like a stationary burnout + drift combination (I should have recorded it but I honestly didn't even think about it at the time). If it was the other guy racking up points while I wasn't looking it would be quite a coincidence.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 4:00:54 AM(UTC)
#88 Ford Mustang

Tune: Ultimate Drift... 138 104 066

Try my Vinyl... 121 297 466
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 5:50:00 AM(UTC)
I managed to do it with your tune. Thanks :).
I only received skill points for burnout, not drift. As per previous comments, the AWD donut wouldn't be able to give points in Edinburgh.
I think that the AWD donut looks different than what the lambo driver was doing. His version looked faster, more aggressive and with way more smoke. But this could be due to differences in car and tunning. Plus this is all from memory and I really don't trust myself.

Thank you all for your help.

Kind regards,

Edited by user Monday, May 3, 2021 4:57:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Sunday, May 2, 2021 9:01:15 AM(UTC)
I think I have a forzathon / Hoonigan style tune for the BMW M6 FE shared that would do it pretty easily. The tires on the Aventador FE are grippy so it may take an ebrake turn to get it started. Wet pavement or dirt may work better for starting it too. Also, I would turn off traction control and stability control if they are on. I haven't tried it but I would expect the Hoonigan mustangs and f150 straight out of the box.

Notification

Icon
Error