1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 5:57:02 AM(UTC)
Just wondering what people do when they hit the max car limit. I hit it a couple of weeks ago and been selling my triplicates at the auction house (only have 120M credits, so might as well try to max that out). Still haven't collected every different car (will do that soon, but will skip the new car packs), but just wondering what others do. Do you stock up on cars you like with different tunes? Do you have a car you love and just make a bunch of different liveries? Maybe you just dump every dupe you have. Just wondering.
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 6:07:51 AM(UTC)
Speaking as someone who has every car in the game - I haven't even hit 900 yet. I have multiple duplicates of my favorite cars with different setups, but besides those, I usually remove whatever duplicates I get as soon as possible, so I never go too far above 800 cars. I'm only ever going to hit the garage limit after I've built all of the cars I already have, but that won't happen for a long time.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 6:18:30 AM(UTC)
I just delete them. Been playing since the game launched, do not need credits and most of the dupe cars I get from wheelspins are worthless anyway. Can't sell the ones you get from online racing when you level up, so that's where most come from.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 6:26:02 AM(UTC)
I generally just delete them, it's not worth the time it takes to list on the auction house unless you don't have enough credits to buy every car in the game. Once you have all the copies you need of every car in the game, credits basically don't matter any more, so the AH isn't worth the time. I keep multiple copies where it's useful, e.g. if a car is good in X class for certain PR stunts as well as S2 for racing. And some cars you might want to keep multiple copies with different tunes for racing, as you can't apply a tune after learning what class, tracks and conditions you'll be racing. If I'm so short of space that I need to delete duplicates of desirable exclusive cars, I'll usually put those on the AH, just so that people can obtain the cars if they don't have them.
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 8:07:18 AM(UTC)
I deleted them. I only have about 4 duplicates.
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 11:23:17 AM(UTC)
Will probably just bin unused duplicates again.
But first I'll try to keep them on 1k, to see if achievement page finally registers them ...
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2021 7:26:18 PM(UTC)
Have had all the cars collected for a long time, except for two PO, Camero CL1 & P1 McLaren. My garage has some duplicates, many Hoonigans and McLarens.

For several months now, I have been collecting the cars won by Wheel Spin, Award, and Competitions. All while maintaining ~765 cars in my garage and CR ~650,000,000 in the bank.

During each season, I will upgrade and paint each car before going up for auction. When I put them up for auction, I put the selling price at the lowest possible to be sold within one hour.

For example, during the Autumn/Series 34, 30+ cars were purchased through my auctions recently. It's amazing nearly all of the were purchased in an one-hour bid limit; many being bought as fast as I could post the sale.

In the end, they all were purchased. Selling the cars with tunes and paint/livery are contributing reasons they all sell quickly.

Edited by user Thursday, April 22, 2021 7:27:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling correction

BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
Microsoft Xbox Series X
#8 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 3:45:57 AM(UTC)
I have everything but Camaro and Focus PO. The 20m prize cars etc I sell knowing flippers are unlikely to buy them and they'll probably get used and appreciated. I tend to delete the other duplicates I don't want. Don't think I'll ever "max" out. I always like to try new cars so only really keep very few extras in the fold.
#9 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 6:46:25 AM(UTC)
As owner of all cars (all first owner except Capri FE) and a fan of using cars in stock form (except Trial and PR stunts, of course) I have no duplicates at all and I sell each new car for the lowest possible price, hoping that someone in need will be happy sniping them :) - exactly like I was happy some time ago.
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 1:52:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bulbes10 Go to Quoted Post
As owner of all cars (all first owner except Capri FE) and a fan of using cars in stock form (except Trial and PR stunts, of course) I have no duplicates at all and I sell each new car for the lowest possible price, hoping that someone in need will be happy sniping them :) - exactly like I was happy some time ago.

You've got some serious time on your hands. Fair play. Once every 3 or 4 weeks I have a garage cleanse. I just remove them. I've got thousands of unused wheelspins and hundred odd super wheelspins that I refuse to use because I don't want or need the cars or money.

#11 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 2:57:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jaswright Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Bulbes10 Go to Quoted Post

You've got some serious time on your hands. Fair play. Once every 3 or 4 weeks I have a garage cleanse. I just remove them. I've got thousands of unused wheelspins and hundred odd super wheelspins that I refuse to use because I don't want or need the cars or money.

I'm in the same boat and basically do the same thing. Wheelspins are useless to me (max credit and all cars). I do however, usually once a month, go through and auction for the lowest value all the cars that have high resale value. If someone picks it up for cheap then at least it goes to good use. All of the low value cars i generally remove from garage. There are a few cars i keep multiples of because i got sick of always changing tunes for them but on a whole i keep one and change tune when needed.

They need to add a delete multiple function for gifts and business payouts. I gave up trying to delete them out of the list as the time it takes is like watching paint dry on a wall and that's just for one.

Edited by user Saturday, April 24, 2021 3:27:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2021 1:59:59 AM(UTC)
I did not hit the garage limit yet although owning every car. I don't keep many duplicates, actually I know all by name.
Normal duplicates that come from unavoidable level-up rewards are getting instantly removed so that they don't cluster up my garage.
When I get duplicates of exclusives, especially the desired ones, I give them a useful build and put them for minimum buy-out in the AH.
Most are sold instantly and I keep me my naive impression they were actually bought by someone who wants to own them and not only for a quick coin flip. But who knows.

Notification

Icon
Error