3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 5:24:46 AM(UTC)
Issue. Wall riding.
yea, at first I fought it is nice, no more wall riding. You hit wall = BOOM U ARE SLOWED to internity.
Thats the theory...
in reality what happens is, u are GETTING pushed into wall and u get slowed down, while the rammer who pushed u into wall texts: SEE YA
Fun isnt it?

Edited by user Saturday, April 17, 2021 5:27:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 7:26:53 AM(UTC)
There's a work around for that issue. Timing. If you know you can pass them in the corner just time your pass attempt to duck down below them. Chances are they will slide out towards the wall, so I generally avoid passing outside to foil their efforts.
Grip and handling are key here, power sliding the corners looks great on YouTube, but it puts you in a position to be pushed into a wall. Chances are, if they gotta push you into a wall you are a better driver than them, take advantage of that.
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 10:46:10 AM(UTC)
If you hit only the back or a front side, most cases, you are not slowed. 2 wheels side or full front, slow down most cases.

Avoid taking outside of a turn while playing with beginners. If you are followed by an aggressive player, you can try positionning like you are taking outside, most chances opponent will try to take inside counting a bit on you to lay on, except you slow down enough to let him go alone to the wall, while he is playiing with the wall, you, having taken outside, you are heading the outside of the turn, accelerate full speed, he's "dead". Eventually with a good racer, this will end loosing a place but when it works, it's just perfect :)

Honestly, I prefer the system from FH3, it was not perfect but pretty dissuasive regarding pushing/ramming/wall riding. They should have improved it instead of replacing it. That said, the high speed collision detection is the only FH4 thing I really like.

I would recommend this, each time you cross by a fair play player close your level, not trying to ram when you pass him gently, just ping him gg and add him to your friends list. When joining online, look if friends online and join. It's more challenging to play with people around your level but that's the best races you can have. At least, that's my opinion.

Last but not least, don't know if you are new to the game but don't expect any improvement.
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 11:37:54 AM(UTC)
Ghosting is just a bs as well. You dont interact with people as u could, aka drive behind someone in corners carefully, but now if u have bigger balls, u just speed up and u ghost into him and u pass him in the corner, even THEN person u passed had better line and u couldnt over take him...
 4 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 11:47:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mighty Panda642 Go to Quoted Post
Ghosting is just a bs as well. You dont interact with people as u could, aka drive behind someone in corners carefully, but now if u have bigger balls, u just speed up and u ghost into him and u pass him in the corner, even THEN person u passed had better line and u couldnt over take him...

If you are going so slow that ghosting gets triggered then you are most likely the problem. Some people can take corners quite fast and cleanly. If they are going fast enough to ram you, they most likely will not be able to take the turn cleanly. I don't tell on ghosting to pass people, but if it gets triggered in a corner it's usually because people take cornets far to sloe and cautiously. Proper driving lines and throttle control will solve most of your issues with ghosting.
Step back and examine how you drive before you complain about others. Only time someone ghosts through me is either A: they have a faster car and know how to control it, or B: they intend to smash me and usually end up smashing a wall, tree or flying off the course completely.
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 1:05:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PurpleAlien420 Go to Quoted Post

If you are going so slow that ghosting gets triggered then you are most likely the problem. Some people can take corners quite fast and cleanly. If they are going fast enough to ram you, they most likely will not be able to take the turn cleanly. I don't tell on ghosting to pass people, but if it gets triggered in a corner it's usually because people take cornets far to sloe and cautiously. Proper driving lines and throttle control will solve most of your issues with ghosting.
Step back and examine how you drive before you complain about others. Only time someone ghosts through me is either A: they have a faster car and know how to control it, or B: they intend to smash me and usually end up smashing a wall, tree or flying off the course completely.

exactly, they might have faster car, but it doesnt mean they have to pass though u in ghost in corners..
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 4:04:14 PM(UTC)
Learn how to drive then, it won't be an issue. It sounds more like you are mad about better drivers than anything else dude.
You do realize that you being slow forces people to either ram you or slow down and get ranked by others. They will never ban rammers, they would have to ban 75% of their player base, so you either have to get better or just deal with better drivers ghosting through you.
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2021 1:13:44 AM(UTC)
Learn how to drive then, it won't be an issue. It sounds more like you are mad about better drivers than anything else dude.
You do realize that you being slow forces people to either ram you or slow down and get ranked by others. They will never ban rammers, they would have to ban 75% of their player base, so you either have to get better or just deal with better drivers ghosting through you.

or maybe just removing ghosting and be like it used to be back in days.
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2021 4:12:55 AM(UTC)
It's a fact that adding high speed collision detection has killed fun for all the players enjoying ramming other players. Nevertheless, anyone enjoying ramming can create a private cs and have fun.

4 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2021 4:41:19 AM(UTC)

exactly, they might have faster car, but it doesnt mean they have to pass though u in ghost in corners..

If I come up behind you in a corner and find you have slowed down too much, what would you like me to do? Brake even more so I don't go past you in case I hurt your ego? I don't understand what you are asking for here (other than for ghosting to be removed so you can hold other drivers up or ram them off the road for fun).
#11 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2021 11:43:17 PM(UTC)
or maybe just removing ghosting and be like it used to be back in days.

So, worse? Even more miserable?
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
#12 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2021 1:10:07 AM(UTC)
Wall penalty has yet to affect me and I love the ghost feature. People who brake through eau rouge/130R like corners need it to be in place or both races get ruined. Be faster if you don't want to be a ghost.

Edited by user Monday, April 19, 2021 1:10:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2021 1:27:06 AM(UTC)

There has to be a fairly large speed disparity to ghost someone on a corner and if someone is ghosting through you and still making it around the corner without losing speed, then it’s clearly them who is taking the better line. Blocking and ramming is a tiresome way to play the game and anything which makes it difficult is a good thing. The short answer here is it sounds like you need to get quicker.

Notification

Icon
Error