#1 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 10:02:02 AM(UTC)
I don't know what to say about this

https://youtu.be/CLZipiIe_YQ

what the f...? And THERE IS NO brightness adjustment in game.
#2 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 1:20:11 PM(UTC)
P.S. Cockpit view is unplayable only on cars with tinted windshield, with normal windshield there is no brightness drop

https://youtu.be/7StrOazzGPg?t=81

Designers for some reason decided to implent tinted glass in game, which is obviously not a good idea
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 12:53:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CardFanatic689 Go to Quoted Post
P.S. Cockpit view is unplayable only on cars with tinted windshield, with normal windshield there is no brightness drop

https://youtu.be/7StrOazzGPg?t=81

Designers for some reason decided to implent tinted glass in game, which is obviously not a good idea

Son you haven't seen the worst of it yet. Because on some tracks, the glare from the sun makes half the things impossible to see. Literally, a good part of my view is gone. This creates serious problems near corners because I can't see jack****. One example I can think of right now is laguna seca. There are more, but I can't recall all of them. Now, the light effects are pretty and all but it's not good when it screws up the gameplay.
The issue with the sun is actually worse than what you are experiencing with tinted windshields. At least, in this case, you can see what's in front of him even if it's dark. On the other hand, once the sun shines down in your face, you can't even see 2 metres beyond your own bumper.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 20, 2021 12:57:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2021 11:29:40 PM(UTC)
I'm very familiar with this. Because MS bosses told Turn 10 to use every useless gimmick like 4K and HDR, the game has simplistic graphics which doesn't support even dynamic lighting. On top of this because of HDR support the game doesn't have brightness adjastment at all.
So without dynamic lighting it is very hard to achieve realistically looking lighting effects, that's why instead of very realistically looking low sun windshield scattering in Assetto Corsa we have this nightmare.

No old gen console (Xbox One or PS4) can handle any decent graphics in 4K and 60 fps. This was obvious to Polyphony Digital, but not to Microsoft
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 2:10:48 AM(UTC)
I literally have to take a Dramamine to even think about cockpit view.
Every train needs a caboose, right?
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 7:01:40 PM(UTC)
I only use cockpit view and tbh it's one of the worst I've ever used.

1. Window reflection/glare is terrible

2. The depth of field in this game is terrible so it's hard to tell where to brake meanwhile I can go play iRacing or GT Sport and know where to brake every single time sometimes even on my first go around of the track.

3. Cannot adjust the cockpit view which pretty much every other racer has now and some cars you are sitting far too low in them to race in ie. LMPs, etc.

Notification

Icon
Error