#1 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 11:09:19 AM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 2. Multiplayer and all associated task online are all greyed out. All of my other multiplayer games work just fine, this would suggest my xbox account is working. I have went through a master reset, reinstalled the game, no fix. I contacted Forza and ask the same question here. Was this server taken off line? Forza has not responded. Any ideas?
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 3:06:03 PM(UTC)
They responded to a ticket I put out. "Legacy" games they call them which includes all the games before Forza Motorsport 7 are under limited support so they just decided to abandon the old games without telling us😭
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2021 9:34:04 PM(UTC)
Ah so its not only me. It was working up to Tuesday afternoon or night.
#4 Posted : Friday, April 16, 2021 3:55:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xM1lkkmaNx Go to Quoted Post
Ah so its not only me. It was working up to Tuesday afternoon or night.

Definitely not just you - I am experiencing the same. It seems strange that they would just turn off the server without notice like someone above intimated - seems to be working fine on FM5 and FM6 which are equally as old. Not checked the original Forza Horizon yet, but that was working fine a couple of days ago at least.
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 10:16:05 AM(UTC)
Just noticed this today. All the online features seem to be inaccessible. Other titles are fully up and running, at least as much as can be expected. Horizon 3 & 4, Forza 6 and 7, all the same as they were last week. Forza 5 Rivals boards are either inaccessible or completely wiped, but the message Center seems to be working. And if I'm not mistaken, Forza 5 is a year older than Horizon 2, so it seems odd that they'd turn down Horizon 2 first. Hopefully it's just temporary.
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 11:55:28 AM(UTC)
Was going to do some more Archievements and wondered because its all greyed out, i hope they did not turn off servers permanently.......

At least a twitter log should announced something like "servers were shut down", FH2 deserves this.

Please...FH2...still awesome game!
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 17, 2021 10:07:35 PM(UTC)
Hopefully they put it back soon. (:
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2021 9:02:09 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - all posts must be in English only - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, April 18, 2021 11:24:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2021 3:18:53 AM(UTC)
I have seen posts like this on multiple sites, but some of them are much older, like years older. I hate to say it the H2 servers were never that reliable in the first place, if the same complaint is being made over and over. Their servers don't exactly connect to each other very well either, case and point is, H2 doesn't correctly connect to the Forza Hub to do updates (XBox 1 version). Gamerscore is currently all it tracks even though I have finished off the other areas of the scoring, ie miles driven, cars owned, driver level, passing, ect.. For now I would focus on the championship achievements and call it good when you finish those. Personally I never understood the whole end of life thing on games that have a massive following. When newer players get into the franchise, it would be nice to be able to actually get the DLC as well, but with the servers turned off I doubt it will ever happen. I would love to get my hands on the Porsche and Storm Island DLC as well as the DLC for FM4 and FM5. Personally, I think they need to open it up for the XBox X platform, if you can get your hands on one of those.
#10 Posted : Monday, April 19, 2021 5:31:17 AM(UTC)
Hope they're just upgrading the servers for 4K/60FPS!
It's time really...
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 4:54:42 PM(UTC)
Same here. Sent in a ticket but just got a legacy game response. All I want to know is if it's officially dead. Just call it out as such. Game was the bomb. Sad to see it die like this. It deserves a proper shut down at least.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 21, 2021 4:55:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 21, 2021 11:38:26 PM(UTC)
I bought FH2 on Xbox one disc, second hand, last week. Installed and updated fine.
Played it up to the Goliath no problem. Shame about the lack of online play.
#13 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 7:53:26 AM(UTC)
What's really a shame is that nobody from Turn 10 or Playground has said a word about this.

#14 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 10:51:47 AM(UTC)
I posted a ticket about this, as follows....

Forza Horizon 2.
All online menu options are greyed out.
Every day since 13.4.21.
Server unavailable displayed when trying to download cars.
Also, only gamerscore is updated for Forza points.

Reply was....

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.
I wish I had better news for you, but unfortunately, we no longer actively support Legacy Forza titles. Limited support is still available for matchmaking and leaderboard services.
While I appreciate you taking the time out today to write in to Forza Support, we sadly are unable to take care of this request

Not great news. At least someone replied.
#15 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2021 10:53:07 PM(UTC)
At the moment up and running.

#16 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 12:11:09 AM(UTC)
Yey!
Yes. It is back online.
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 1:10:16 PM(UTC)
oh, good. I guess they sent somebody downstairs to reboot the servers.
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2021 1:12:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MR T5654 Go to Quoted Post
I posted a ticket about this, as follows....

Forza Horizon 2.
All online menu options are greyed out.
Every day since 13.4.21.
Server unavailable displayed when trying to download cars.
Also, only gamerscore is updated for Forza points.

Reply was....

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.
I wish I had better news for you, but unfortunately, we no longer actively support Legacy Forza titles. Limited support is still available for matchmaking and leaderboard services.
While I appreciate you taking the time out today to write in to Forza Support, we sadly are unable to take care of this request

Not great news. At least someone replied.

Yeah, maybe they should, I don't know, actually read the issue before they summarily reply to it. Limited support for matchmaking and leaderboard services was exactly what we were looking for. We weren't asking for a patch. We were just asking for somebody to go down to the server room and put the hamster back on the wheel.

Edited by user Saturday, April 24, 2021 1:13:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2021 2:09:30 AM(UTC)
For me all online aspects of FH2 (Xbox one), FM5 and FH1 say servers are unavailable. MP, Rivals and Messages not working due to servers offline.

Made a support ticket and got this rude/crazy answer since I only have one profile and they can see earlier tickets: "
Battleman (Forza Support)

Apr 27, 2021, 8:30 AM PDT

Hello,

Unfortunately, we are not able to find the gamertag "Flowden" in our system. Please sign into the support site with the account you are having an issue with and resubmit a ticket."

And Forza support quality has fallen to waste matter level the past year. I think they outsourced it. Someone higher up at the developer should be notified what a mistake they did.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 27, 2021 4:30:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: More info after testing more games, and support answer

Notification

Icon
Error