3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 1:18:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post

The Princess St. speed trap is giving me some trouble. I know I've done this at least twice before, but don't remember what car I used. I'll see if I can come back to it on the weekend.

Ferrari 812 Superfast.

#27 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 2:40:37 AM(UTC)
Is it me but is it normal to attempt The Trial 7 times and get thrown out 5 times and only allowed to compete in 2?
#28 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 3:21:46 AM(UTC)
I’ve done it 7 times and got kicked out once, so you are being very unlucky but forza’s servers are trash currently.

3-3 in wins/losses. Just depends how many people drop out.
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 3:36:56 AM(UTC)
Thanks Jezza, so I am just the unlucky one then!

El Barto thanks for the Tunes you suggested for this Season. Especially the Princes Street Speed Trap using the AM PO car! Got it first attempt with that one after ages peaking at 228.5 mph with other cars!

Edited by user Friday, April 2, 2021 3:37:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#30 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 4:04:57 AM(UTC)
It is a pretty decent tune
#31 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 4:08:25 AM(UTC)
For me it was... select that car ( I know it's a good CC one) ... choose the 1st tune I find ... win 1st, 1st, 1st (weirdly enough we actually won the event).
I'm not a grandmaster :))
 2 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 4:19:15 AM(UTC)
There are various options to win the trial but I thought I’d post a few for ease of reference:

VW Baja Bug - El Barto inc
VW Desert Dingo - RB033
Alumicraft - Breeminator
#33 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 4:44:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

The Princess St. speed trap is giving me some trouble. I know I've done this at least twice before, but don't remember what car I used. I'll see if I can come back to it on the weekend.

Ferrari 812 Superfast.

I'm pretty sure that's not the car I used before, because I haven't unlocked it yet. Nor can I use it, because I've still got a bunch of star cards to grind to unlock it.
#34 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 4:53:39 AM(UTC)
Do you have the AM PO Peregrine?

If not, the GTR PO will also do it. I just randomly used a tune by BH ironic. Start at the roundabout to the left of the city and a clean run from there should get it done.

Edited by user Friday, April 2, 2021 5:10:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#35 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 5:20:55 AM(UTC)
Championship: "Wood Friday" | Road Racing | (D500) '46 Ford Wagon, '65 Morris, '53 Morris
Reward: 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2

This is how to do this: Take the Ford-wagon and swap to a 6.2L and AWD. Then add the surfboard to get the PI down.
Max widt on rear tires, add softest swaybars, street flywheel and race diff. Gave it a set of Moon-wheels to match
the surfboard. Now you`ve got a winner, no Morris can touch this.

Can be raced as is or you can adjust the diff a bit; ca 55% on front & rear diffs, 75% power to rearwheels.

oops forgot; include an adjustable race-gearbox too, set it to:

4.10 - 2.78/1.96/1.49/1.19/1.01/0.88 Have fun!
Update: improved accelration:
4.00 - 2.89/1.93/1.45/1.15/1.00/0.88 = from 12.31 to 12.27 on the dragstrip ;)

code: 107 253 920

Edited by user Friday, April 2, 2021 9:22:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Gearbox

Gt: fairlane305
#36 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 5:35:45 AM(UTC)
gg

may be i just want to say im a grandmaster

#37 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 6:10:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post

If not, the GTR PO will also do it. I just randomly used a tune by BH ironic. Start at the roundabout to the left of the city and a clean run from there should get it done.

I might try that one. But I know I've done it before, and probably still have the tune on whatever car I used. So I'm working my way though those first.
#38 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 6:48:23 AM(UTC)
the fan dont spin on the vehicle
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 9:26:58 AM(UTC)
Non-sequitur
The fan doesn’t spin on the vehicle. FIFY

Is the fan belt broken?
Is it a 737 Maxx?
Is this a drunk post?
Is this a late April fools joke?
Lol

Edited by user Friday, April 2, 2021 9:28:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 10:01:50 AM(UTC)
Its a troll post like most of the other from this person, just don't feed the troll and move on.

Just updated the original post with 2 more options (Agera and Ford Station wagon) and I might just found a new toy, That Ford Woody is so fun to drive, even on stock tires and also makes all the good V8 noises :)
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 1 user liked this post.
#41 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 10:37:08 AM(UTC)

I might try that one. But I know I've done it before, and probably still have the tune on whatever car I used. So I'm working my way though those first.

I know that feeling. I found an old tune for an amg gtr that I used in the past. I found the 13 Vantage and Ferrari F12 pretty easy this time, both available from the autoshow.

13 AM Vantage - princes 3 star - 178 022 473
F12 - princes 3 star - 144 540 126
Amg gtr - princes 3 star - 695 124 730
Mb Sls amg - princes 3 star - 172 213 020
#42 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 11:00:58 AM(UTC)
Wow! Now i remember that Trial from last Easter....Jeez! Got lucky on 3rd attempt today, got on a team with 3 other very solid, quick and clean players, 3-0 for the team and done, whew :)

PS only one Can-Am on the drivatar team....result :)

Edited by user Friday, April 2, 2021 11:33:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#43 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 12:25:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post

Just updated the original post with 2 more options (Agera and Ford Station wagon) and I might just found a new toy,
That Ford Woody is so fun to drive, even on stock tires and also makes all the good V8 noises :)

Try out mine, it`s wild! Description over or: 571 446 439

Gt: fairlane305
#44 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 1:05:47 PM(UTC)
Koenigsegg competition is unbeatable. Drivatars come out of nowhere. No physics for them. Wet conditions dont apply to them. This is so different and much more difficult than Renault or Morris drive. I tried 30 times. I normally beat all drivatars on Pro. Here , i gave up eventually.
#45 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 1:20:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Radpol2 Go to Quoted Post
Koenigsegg competition is unbeatable. Drivatars come out of nowhere. No physics for them. Wet conditions dont apply to them. This is so different and much more difficult than Renault or Morris drive. I tried 30 times. I normally beat all drivatars on Pro. Here , i gave up eventually.

The Koenigsegg series is Highly Skilled. I beat the Driveatars with a CCGT. Had to dive bomb the corners a couple of times to take out the lead car to get in front but certainly doable.

The Trial against unbeatable Driveatars is very hard. After about 10 goes I was on a team with some great drivers. We won 2-1.

Edited by user Friday, April 2, 2021 1:21:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 1:33:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PandemicBow2072 Go to Quoted Post

The Koenigsegg series is Highly Skilled. I beat the Driveatars with a CCGT. Had to dive bomb the corners a couple of times to take out the lead car to get in front but certainly doable.

The Trial against unbeatable Driveatars is very hard. After about 10 goes I was on a team with some great drivers. We won 2-1.

Ditto on buggy race. The Bunny spirit has been killed. No fun at all.
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 3:11:00 PM(UTC)
Buggy Trial has been a struggle. I have tried at least 10 times and I cannot get a good team. It's very frustrating and has sucked the fun out of this week for me.
 3 users liked this post.
#48 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 3:27:24 PM(UTC)
Guys - the best way to do the buggy race is to organise a time to do it in convoy. Get a couple of the better drivers to join with a few who are struggling and it should be relatively straight forward. If you need help ask and people will convoy with you.
 2 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 3:28:29 PM(UTC)

I just gave it a try. I picked the lowest PI car from the autoshow, the Agera. I gave it a basic build/tune - AWD, rally tyres for the wet, widest rear tyres, forza rear aero, diff, arbs, gearbox etc, and weight reduction. Ended up at 939 PI. Now, the game no longer limits the AI to the same PI as the player, I was racing against 972 PI Regeras, but I still won by 7, 10, and 9 seconds in the 3 races against highly skilled, at my first attempt, and I'm not particularly familiar with the tracks. I'm wondering if I could upgrade it to 972 PI without the drivatars getting any faster, but even as it was, it shouldn't be too hard to win, even if you're quite a bit slower than me. I used rewind a few times when I made a major mistake due to having so little familiarity with some of the tracks.

Edit: just tried it again, but at 971 PI with race tyres. That brought 996 PI Agera RSs into it. There might be a PI in between that makes the car faster but avoids the 996 PI opposition. All the same, my winning margin increased by a few seconds with the 971 PI race tyre tune. My feeling is most people ought not to have too much trouble with it if they use rewind any time it goes badly. If anyone wants to use one of my lower PI tunes, let me know, and I'll experiment a bit more to find the best PI race tyre tune to do it at, and share the tune.

Further edit: tried some more builds, and I think what is happening is as follows. When the game has lots of options for cars that can match your PI, it will match your PI, or thereabouts. But this case is unusual, because going in with the Agera at low PI means most eligible cars can't match the PI. It appears the game will then use cars at their stock PI provided they are no more than 50 PI above your PI. So if I go in at 945 PI, I get the One at 993 PI as opposition, but not the Agera RS at 996 PI. Overall, I'd say 971 PI was giving me the biggest winning margins. Just gave the CCGT a try at 998, and my winning margin wasn't any better than using the Agera at lower PI. I went 8 seconds faster, but the AI went 10 seconds faster.

Edited by user Friday, April 2, 2021 4:35:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#50 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 3:52:33 PM(UTC)
Guys - the best way to do the buggy race is to organise a time to do it in convoy. Get a couple of the better drivers to join with a few who are struggling and it should be relatively straight forward. If you need help ask and people will convoy with you.

Jeeza we can always count on you
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error