2 Pages12Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 6:39:01 AM(UTC)
WINTER | SERIES 33

Starts March 25 at 7:30am Pacific
Ends April 1 at 7:30am Pacific

This is the third season of Series 33.

The RAESR Tachyon Speed is this week's new exclusive reward car.

BARN FIND RUMOR: (Spoiler - repeat Winter find)

SUPER7 COMPLETION: 1974 Hoonigan Ford Bronco (previously available Exclusive model)

#FORZATHON SHOP
  • 600 FP Car: 1970 Honda S800 (previously available Exclusive model)
  • 350 FP Car: 1999 Lamborghini Diablo GTR (previously available Exclusive model)
  • Clothing: Chainmail Skirt
  • Clothing: Chainmail Tee
  • Wheelspins cost this series: 40 FP & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST

PHOTO CHALLENGE (3%)

#DIGGINGIT- Take a photo of any Rally Monster at the Quarry
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin
  • Share a scenic photo with the hashtag on social media for a chance for your photo to be featured by Forza.

#FORZATHON

Earn 100 FP from the weekly challenge plus 10 per Daily, plus Bonus for all, double for owning the Lake Lodge

Weekly Challenge: (15%)
Must be done in sequence to count.
  • Own and drive any Extreme Offroad vehicle
  • Complete 5 Cross Country Series Events in your Extreme Offroad vehicle
  • Earn a 2 star score or better in any Speed Zone in your Extreme Offroad vehicle
  • Earn 10 Ultimate Wreckage Skills in your Extreme Offroad vehicle

Daily Challenges: (1% each)
Each challenge is open for 72 hours from 7:30am Pacific of the start day.
  • Filter through traffic to earn 3 Threading the Needle Skills
  • Earn 4 stars in total from Drift Zones
  • Earn 3 Awesome Drafting Skills
  • Earn 1 Awesome Skill Chain
  • Earn 3 Ultimate Clean Racing Skills
  • Earn 2 Landscaping Skills
  • Earn 6 stars in total from PR Stunts

SEASONAL EVENTS

The unique reward listed for seasonal championship events requires you to place 1st against at or above the Highly Skilled Drivatar difficulty setting; the Trial requires Unbeatable difficulty. As of Series 24 Playground Games rewards the car for all participants, win or lose.

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "Ice Gauge" | Cross Country | (A800) Extreme Offroad
  • Reward: 1972 Ford Falcon XA GT- **** Forza Edition (previously available Exclusive model)

Showcase Remix | "Assault on the Control Room" | Halo Showcase

Seasonal Playground Games | Mortimer Gardens | (C600) Classic Muscle
  • Reward: 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455 (previously available Exclusive model)
  • As of Series 24 you don't have to win the event to earn the reward.

PR Stunt: Rannoch Shelf Danger Sign
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin | 574.1 feet

PR Stunt: Copse Speed Trap | 182.0 mph

PR Stunt: Carden Creag Speed Zone | 95.0 mph

Championship: "Tip of the Iceberg" | Road Racing | (A800) Classic Racers
  • Reward: Maserati Tipo 61

Championship: "Getting Cold Street" | Street Scene | (A800) Modern Sports Cars
  • Reward: 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe (previously available Exclusive model)

Championship: "Cold Storage" | Dirt Racing | (D500) Vans and Utility
  • Reward: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (previously available Exclusive model)

MONTHLY EVENTS

• Monthly Rivals: RAESR Tachyon on Moorhead Wind Farm Circuit
  • Online Adventure: (requires 1 Qualifying race to get ranked)

Completing the monthly events applies their completion percentage to all four seasons in the Festival Playlist:
6% for Monthly Rivals
15% for Online Adventure Qualifying

Edited by user Thursday, March 25, 2021 7:36:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 7:11:11 AM(UTC)
Any update notes?
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 7:20:11 AM(UTC)
PG's Extreme Offroad obsession back with a bang this week.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 10:04:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post

Yep Offroad Overload. 2-0 up in the Trial and team winning the 3rd race and Disconnected :S

Silver lining, the two wins counted towards the weekly :D

Edited by user Thursday, March 25, 2021 10:06:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#5 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 11:07:57 AM(UTC)
The new Batmobile sounds like a ghost in a Blizzard outside a castle. I think they used the sound effect from a Laurel and Hardy episode 'Murder Case' ..lol....

"There's somebody on the phone!"

Edited by user Thursday, March 25, 2021 12:18:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 11:29:05 AM(UTC)
Winter again, yay :)

So ... lets just get into it, shall we.
The trial then and cross country racing with A 800 extreme offroad ... trucks :)
My started with only 3 drivers, one quit mid first race, so it should be an easy trial then, well nope, somedays everything simply just turns to poo, so first run and 6th for me and 8th for other person ... hit a barn (had to reverse), hit all sorts of other stuff, hit highway arch concrete support (had to reverse from that one too), ... didn't hit the tunel and missed finish line though :P
Anyway did better on next two races by winning them so yay 2:1 for us :)
Truck/car used, taka a wild guess :)
Ford F-150 Prerunner DD, tune - 795 974 100
or Jeep Wrangler DD, tune - 756 246 482
or Jeep Trailcat, tune - 877 210 367
Do wrap up warm for last two, coz no roof ... :)

So online aspect out of the way, time for solo stuff and starting with street scene A 800 modern sports car racing.
Didn't really know if there is much snow on the road or not, took a gamble and picked a car with normal road tires and it was a correct one, as there is only a bit of snow on first track.
As there is Alfa Romeo among them, my choice was easy :) A word of warning, she hates trackside furniture.
Alfa Romeo 4C, tune - 151 081 871
or Lotus Exige S, tune - 740 641 791
or Eagle Speedster, tune - 173 077 797 - same tip, to wrap up warm :)

To next championship and some road racing, with A 800 classic racers, again a dilema about what tires to put on, first race on snow, rest on tarmac a gamble and picked ... :) Alfa Romeo TZ2 on road tires, surprised on snow grip it has.
Alfa Romeo, tune - 833 837 923
or Shelby Daytona, tune - 608 196 288
or barn find Ford GT40 MK1, tune - 259 527 044

Final championship and its dirt racing with D 500 vans and utility ... hmm return of crazy Mini Traveler?
Morris Mini Traveller, tune - 113 152 826
or Ford Transit SuperSportVan, tune - 924 508 848

PR stunts and as usually used Koenigsegg Agera RS, tune - 167 849 655 for speed trap and danger sign, used Hooniogan Ford RS200, tune - 428 155 751 used for offroad speed zone. All done on first try, no rewinds.

Weekly Forzathon is to drive one of Extreme offroad trucks/cars, so just pick one of the options for the trial (I picked Ford), do few more cross country races (or do trial again :) ), then pick an easy speed zone, my fav pick is Forest Green and finally cause loads of chaos - ultimate wreckage.

Weekly Super 7 reward is Hoonigan Bronco

Finishing pic

Hope this can be of any help to somebody, take care everyone and have fun, bb

PS
Seems that tune share code thingey has been fixed.

Edited by user Thursday, March 25, 2021 1:13:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Typos

Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 11:55:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: M0rt4LC0iL Go to Quoted Post

Yep Offroad Overload. 2-0 up in the Trial and team winning the 3rd race and Disconnected :S

Lightning strikes twice!!!!! Ah well 1 off the weekly now :)

#8 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 1:15:54 PM(UTC)

Lightning strikes twice!!!!! Ah well 1 off the weekly now :)

Same here too, not made it to the 3rd race in both attempts.

Think I'll do what I did last week, stick to 1 go a day and hope in one of them that I don't get DC'ed, I enjoy the Trial but not enough to constantly have my time wasted through no fault of my own trying to play it.

The Rockstar F-150 was very good for the brief periods I got to use it though, even after getting caught up in carnage at the start of Arthur's Seat I ended up winning by some distance.

#9 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 2:48:25 PM(UTC)
The trial and seasonal series races are all re-hashed from series 21, correct? They're already showing complete for me even though I haven't done them this week.
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 8:46:36 PM(UTC)
Winter greetings,

For the solo championships I decided to started with the vans and utilities to get the lowest traction events knocked out. I seem to gravitate to the GMC Vandura. Fairly easy wins with a bit of drifting. For the other two championships I used snow tires on the builds. I chose the Cortina because it is one of the cheaper options and was fun in the past. Then a BRZ with the wide body kit sitting as low as possible. I probably lost out on a few hp but worth it. All won raced on unbeatable.

98 Supra cleared all of the stunts pretty easily but there was one tree that came out of nowhere.

Then the multiplayer, classic muscle games and the trial. Disconnected after the first games round and then lost 2 to 3. GTO ran well but I will probably run it again with a few more others. Tunes not saved yet.

GMC Vandura D500, seasonal race, 885 246 510
Cortina A800, snow dirt grip, 416 244 332
BRZ A800, Grip race, 966 368 300
98 Supra, Winter Rally, 609 842 300
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 9:26:41 PM(UTC)
The Trial - So I was thinking of tuning up the Ranger for my run at Rivals (another thread) and saw that is qualified for the Trial as well. Awesome, get some test runs in. Turns out, the second race is even the same event. Upgraded, tuned, and set out to run. Ok, first, I need to adjust the steering. It steers like a cow. But aside from that, it's pretty quick off the line and has a mean long stride to it. Decent upper end once you rescue it from the stock tune which is absolutely wretched. First race, got pushed into a barn, dead stop, still finished third. Second race took first. Third race, my favorite (insert sarcasm here) with that horrible pinch point beginning. Well by the first right-hander, I had made it up to fourth with the three AI right in front of me, then got Jedi-bounced under the gate. Still managed to make it back to fourth by the end. So I'm going to play with the steering settings a bit, and give it another go, but it has great potential. Runs well, good gains. I'll add the tune when I'm done tweaking it.
2014 Ford Ranger T6 Rally

PGG - Saw Ritemare out in the wild. lol. Sadly, two events in, we were tied 1-1 and I got disconnected. Took til my third try to get all the way through. And then the other side dropped out/disco'd until they were down to 2 players. Has decent speed but stock tires make for a bit of a trick.
1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am

All events run on Unbeatable unless otherwise mentioned

Iceberg - I had one car already tuned that fit the event, so hey, let's run. That broad stance, those wide tires, and plenty of launch. It made for the front of the pack with a quickness. Had a little controller issue on the first race but still took first. And it was an easy win for the remaining two. Smooth, responsive, and good braking even in Winter.
1964 Ford GT40 MK I Tune: Dirty Trial

Cold Street - Well, I'm glad the GT40 was tuned well, because my tune for this one was unimpressive. lol. I normally don't like using the prize car as my entry but I wasn't paying attention when I made my selection. Again, one qualifying tune already so let's be lazy. Lackluster off the line. Turn in was fine, but understeer after the apex. Won the event but only took first once. If I'm inspired, I'll revisit the tune and see where it needs adjustment.
2010 Audi TT RS Coupe

Cold Storage - Had a few ideas of what to run but decided to stick with the basic van. Keep to the spirit of the challenge, so to speak. It is D500 but it ran ok. Losing oomph going uphill but otherwise decent. Apparently though, the weight reduction involved dismantling the entire braking system. lol. Those hard 90-degree turns were brutal. Still took 1st throughout.
1983 GMC Vandura Tune: 370 371 558

PR Stunts - Ran each one with the RS200. Easily one of the most versatile vehicles in the game. I'm open to hear about any others. The jump took two tries but both the trap and zone made it in one run. Each, of course. lol Hey question: regarding the paint on the Hoon RS200...is there a way to get the matte / polish combo that is on the original paint? I wanted to recreate that, but I don't see how. Just curious. Yes, there's a whole section of the forum for that question, but I'm already here.
1986 Hoonigan Ford RS200
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2021 11:56:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Aleriooon Go to Quoted Post
The trial and seasonal series races are all re-hashed from series 21, correct? They're already showing complete for me even though I haven't done them this week.

Yep, copy of winter season 21. I remember that name "ice gauge" and using C600 muscle in PGG at Mortimer Gardens.
https://forums.forzamoto...ds-through-April-30.aspx

#13 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 4:35:26 AM(UTC)
Quote:

*snip*

PR Stunts - Ran each one with the RS200. Easily one of the most versatile vehicles in the game. I'm open to hear about any others. The jump took two tries but both the trap and zone made it in one run. Each, of course. lol Hey question: regarding the paint on the Hoon RS200...is there a way to get the matte / polish combo that is on the original paint? I wanted to recreate that, but I don't see how. Just curious. Yes, there's a whole section of the forum for that question, but I'm already here.
1986 Hoonigan Ford RS200

I doubt it...I've done some Wrangler paint jobs and noticed the vinyl takes on the finish of the paint under it (which was a pleasant surprise for me since I got a matte tan top). But would mean not having two finishes on one panel on the RS200.

Edited by user Friday, March 26, 2021 4:36:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#14 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 7:03:02 AM(UTC)
Does anyone have a good tune for the suburu wrx sti 05 for the playlists speed zone
I Don`t have a rs200 so i was wondering if anyone had a good tune fro the speed zone because i couldn't find any that worked.

Edited by user Friday, March 26, 2021 9:46:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Amd Ryzen 7 5800x, Nvidia RTX 3070, MSI X570 Tomahawk, Dell S3220DGF
#15 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 2:39:56 PM(UTC)
@deep4439642
Use something that has some decent grip and power to start with. Mosler MT900S (sub 200k on AH) with upgrades and rally/snow tires, can do it - I got 100mph/160kph on second try at night.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#16 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 2:53:16 PM(UTC)
@deep,

Do you have a Triumph TR7? You can get one by doing the Super 7 challenges. My highest score for that zone is on that car.

Otherwise, I'll have to look up what "economy" cars can do it. Should be able to do it with a regular RS200 as well, and they can be had through the auction House relatively cheap.

But I'll give it a run in the WRX and see what I get out of it.
#17 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 4:52:07 PM(UTC)
@deep

Okay, so my setup for the Subaru is an old one. Just ran it a few times, Was able to hit the mark pretty reliably in both directions but not by a lot. I'm sure the tune could be made better, I have improved a bit since then. And considering I never even saved the tune, it was not high in my repeat-use list.

The Ford RS200 (non-Hoonigan) however, I used for a lot of the PR stunts up to the point I got a Hoonigan. And they can be had in the Auction House as low as $26k. Quite a few of them are for sale ATM. It hit well above the target in both directions even if missing the ideal line. Also a very stable driver. So considerably recommended to get if you do not have one already.

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (S1 852) Tune: For Deep
1985 Ford RS200 Evo (S2 915) Tune: Stunt Zone Ace

Edit: Revised the Subaru Tune
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (S2 914) Tune: For Deep2

Can be a handful if you hit that first turn too hard, but if you just settle to a pace, it takes it cleanly. With a bit of headroom as well. Good luck.

Edited by user Friday, March 26, 2021 5:16:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#18 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 6:06:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: deep4439642 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone have a good tune for the suburu wrx sti 05 for the playlists speed zone
I Don`t have a rs200 so i was wondering if anyone had a good tune fro the speed zone because i couldn't find any that worked.

98 Supra works for cheap available from the autoshow, can have 1600hp. I posted my tune above. The Mustang S5 also works well if you have one. Basically max power, awd, rally springs and tires. I run it from the south and cut the corners by quite a bit.

Edit: I think my PB is actually from the north with a M6 FE. My Rally Forzathon tune is what I have been using recently and managed 103mph, 153 972 931

Edited by user Saturday, March 27, 2021 5:50:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 11:01:21 PM(UTC)

Just curious, what about it's appearance this week for a Winter Trial makes it an obsession? It last appeared Spring, Series 32 for Playground Games at Mudkickers; just a few weeks difference, sure, but both uses strike me as more than appropriate. Beats the heck out of doing the same in say, S2 Hypercars, no?

Edited by user Friday, March 26, 2021 11:02:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2021 11:04:30 PM(UTC)
Why would people not use the Baja T100 WP for the Trial? It is by far the easiest and most reliable to win all events hands down.
#21 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 2:02:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post

Just curious, what about it's appearance this week for a Winter Trial makes it an obsession? It last appeared Spring, Series 32 for Playground Games at Mudkickers; just a few weeks difference, sure, but both uses strike me as more than appropriate. Beats the heck out of doing the same in say, S2 Hypercars, no?

The Forzathon + Showcase 'Remix' are also Extreme Offroad, when there's 33 car types in the game 3 of the weeklies sharing the same one is disappointing in my opinion.

Judging by Spring's games reward being my choice for this week's trial it's there next week too, add to that it seemed like a while ago that we had several weeks in a row where at least 1 Extreme Offroad event was present.

Like I say there's 33 car types and 8 events (7 if there's no Showcase Remix) in a season where your car will be chosen to a degree by PG, in theory it would be possible for an entire series not to feature the same division more than once and that's without Horizon Specials, decades, manufacturers etc.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable thinking 3.03% of the available standard options taking up 37.5% of a week's events or having it present for weeks in a row is a bit much.
#22 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 3:13:17 AM(UTC)
Waznewz suggests that the standard Baja is quite a lot better than the Baja WP at A class. Haven’t tried either, so I don’t know if he is right but he was fairly forthright in that assessment 😂. I use the Rockstar, which we know from a previous rivals event is fastest for Arthur’s Seat.
#23 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 5:32:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Waznewz suggests that the standard Baja is quite a lot better than the Baja WP at A class. Haven’t tried either, so I don’t know if he is right but he was fairly forthright in that assessment 😂. I use the Rockstar, which we know from a previous rivals event is fastest for Arthur’s Seat.

Yes i remember that rivals event, was a good one too. I'm split 50/50 on the 2 Baja's. WP has better handling and wins quite easily but the standard Baja does have more pickup and go, also winning quite easily. Coin toss for preference i suppose. On Waznewz, i swear he must fill in for Dan Castellaneta whenever he is too ill to voice Homer.
#24 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 7:23:25 AM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events - Winter - Until 01/04/2021 - SERIES 33
For players who need help: Percents,Tunes and Rewards:
50% Winter: RAESR TACHYON SPEED 2019
80% Winter: FERRARI 488 PISTA 2019
50% Series 33: BACKSTAGE PASS
80% Series 33: ALPINE A110 2017

Photo / Picture: Percents,Tunes and Rewards - Winter

https://i.imgur.com/t3PxJGt.jpg

Photo / Picture: Rewards
Forza Horizon 4: Festival Playlist Events - Rewards - Until 01/04/2021 ** SERIES 33 ** Winter

https://i.imgur.com/v4RrhYq.jpg

Share Codes: Pause Menu, Event Activations, or Creative Hub.
You can use this code to get to a specific Event Blueprint quickly, and easily.
Share Code: Garage -> Designs & Paints -> Find New Designs -> Search
Share Code: Garage -> Upgrades & Tunes -> Find -> Search

A) Photo Challenge: #DIGGINGIT
Rally Monster at the Quarry
Reward: Super Wheelspin

B) Forzathon Weekly: Extreme Offroad
Code Tune AMG TRANSPORT DYNAMICS M12S WARTHOG CST 2554:....... 241 212 502

Forzathon - chapter 2: Complete 5 Cross Country Series Events in your Extreme Offroad vehicle in 7 seconds
Code Share:...... 378 031 181

D) The Trial Co-Op Championship: Ice Gauge
Reward: Ford Falcon XA GT Forza Edition 1972
Code Tune QUARTZ REGALIA TYPE-D 723:....... 108 079 136
Code Tune AMG TRANSPORT DYNAMICS M12S WARTHOG CST 2554:....... 241 212 502

F) Playground Games Winter
Reward: Pontiac Firebird Trans Am SD-455 1973
New this season: You don't have to win the event to earn the reward.
Code Tune HOLDEN HQ MONARO GTS 350 1973:....... 143 821 224

G) Danger Sign: Rannoch Shelf
Code Tune MOSLER MT900S 2010:....... 308 569 021

H) Speed Trap: Copse
Code Tune MOSLER MT900S 2010:....... 308 569 021

I) Speed Zone: Carden Creag
Code Tune ARIEL ATOM 500 V8 2013:....... 425 573 327

J) Championship: Tip of the Iceberg
Reward: Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage 1961
Code Tune PORSCHE 718 RS 60 WELCOME PACK 1960:....... 155 188 529

K) Championship: Getting Cold Street
Reward: Audi TT RS Coupe 2010
Code Tune ALPINE A110 2017:....... 163 021 981

L) Championship: Cold Storage
Reward: Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 2014
Code Tune MORRIS MINI-TRAVELLER 1965:....... 163 015 979

*** UPDATE *** Winter
FORZA HORIZON 4: SUPER 7 - Winter
Hoonigan Ford Bronco 1974 is available for completing the Super7 this week.
https://imgur.com/user/betinhogvz/posts
I hope this helps you to do the challenges
#25 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 7:43:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post

The Forzathon + Showcase 'Remix' are also Extreme Offroad, when there's 33 car types in the game 3 of the weeklies sharing the same one is disappointing in my opinion.

Judging by Spring's games reward being my choice for this week's trial it's there next week too, add to that it seemed like a while ago that we had several weeks in a row where at least 1 Extreme Offroad event was present.

Like I say there's 33 car types and 8 events (7 if there's no Showcase Remix) in a season where your car will be chosen to a degree by PG, in theory it would be possible for an entire series not to feature the same division more than once and that's without Horizon Specials, decades, manufacturers etc.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable thinking 3.03% of the available standard options taking up 37.5% of a week's events or having it present for weeks in a row is a bit much.

Ah, yes, I think I see what you're getting at there. I never bother with either of those, myself. The remixes were always such a let down being just the one race that is almost entirely rigged in our favor, it's hard to take seriously as a full-fledged event; at the very most it's really just 1/3 of an event. The forzthon events I always look over/past as the dailies pretty much take care of themselves just by playing the game a bit, however, the more meaty 4-part challene side of it usually requires a considerable amount of time in some bo-bo vehicle I don't care for. I hardly ever bother with either unless I find whatever remaining of the standard events and/or stunts standing in the way of 50% is so untenable that these things suddenly become more attractive. I guess my eyes just roll right by those, and I subconciously discount them from the start.

That said, I take your point and see your reasoning. Not trying to be sassy or anything, but I would push back just a little in the respect that what your calculation doesn't take into account is the point I was trying to make about event appropriateness. While yes, there is a certain amount of combinations available, that doesn't necessarily mean they're all desirable. In some circumstances, some combination variables just make more sense together than others. As such, seeing Extreme Offroad in a muddy autumn playground games followed by a winter trial or xc set isn't outrageous, rather it's quite proper ― and certainly preferable to same in S2 Extreme Track Toys. Now, have there been excess use here or there? Perhaps. But by the same token, where you and others with the same non-offroad preferences may characterize this season's offroading as PG 'obsession,' believe me there have been many stretches of consecutive weeks (2-3) where there was very little to interest those that do favor offroad, sometimes weeks with no dirt or xc at all. The point is, the knife cuts both ways.

But, to your point, frequency has been an issue in the past; whether due to lack of creativity or laziness, it's unclear. Right off the top of my head I can recall B700 Modern Rally getting overused as well, three weeks in a row with two being playground weeks. That's happened at least twice, I am sure. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if that happened with other types as well.
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error