4 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2021 1:39:59 AM(UTC)
I find it quite annoying how changing the paint on the car after it’s been bought consumes a paint slot. Especially since doing the same when buying the car doesn’t consume a paint slot,. I assume that when you buy the car the paint is put into the cars configuration file, so why doesn’t this happen when doing a simple colour change? It seems quite stupid that a slot is wasted for a simple colour change and not a design.
 4 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2021 2:31:18 AM(UTC)
Welcome to Forza, a lot of things are done in a convoluted way here.
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2021 6:29:06 AM(UTC)
The original slots in the game should be used as a memory saving device by Playground Games if you ask me. However... if we are all sharing the same paint it may already be saving Playground Games some space.

I have seen a message that says something like... "You have no slots available for a vinyl, try using just paint.", and then I used just paint, and it still tried to save it as a vinyl.

Edited by user Sunday, March 21, 2021 6:33:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2021 4:06:04 PM(UTC)
As a workaround when the save slots going to be rare - I bought 30 cheap cars and sell them at the auction house. Trying the 26th car you get a message where the system is telling you, that you exceed the limit for selling cars. Then you can try to sell every single custom painted car, though you cannot put them into the auction house, they appear in your car list the same way as cars from the auction house, that noone has bought.

You can now delete their profile in the favorite design section without changing the visuals in the car colletion itself. Sometimes it is some kind of work, got rid of almost 600 paint schemes this way, as I almost did every car in my collection with custom colours (except hoonigans, hot wheels and formula drift cars).
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, March 22, 2021 11:09:47 PM(UTC)
I have always felt it is lame that alternative manufacturer colors are counted against your personal design inventory cap.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 12:24:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PlumCrazy010 Go to Quoted Post
I have always felt it is lame that alternative manufacturer colors are counted against your personal design inventory cap.

And they've made it worse with FH4.
Already over 100 cars are exclusive content not available for purchase at the auto show. And these cars will always be offered in the same color, even if they have multiple OEM colors. We do not have the freedom to choose the color.
Do you want to repaint your red Alfa Romeo 155 in OEM silver? You will consume one slot in the livery. Wow.
It would have been nice to at least have the freedom to choose the body color when getting these cars from Forzathon Shop or Backstage Pass.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 12:24:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jogicat Go to Quoted Post
As a workaround when the save slots going to be rare - I bought 30 cheap cars and sell them at the auction house. Trying the 26th car you get a message where the system is telling you, that you exceed the limit for selling cars. Then you can try to sell every single custom painted car, though you cannot put them into the auction house, they appear in your car list the same way as cars from the auction house, that noone has bought.

You can now delete their profile in the favorite design section without changing the visuals in the car colletion itself. Sometimes it is some kind of work, got rid of almost 600 paint schemes this way, as I almost did every car in my collection with custom colours (except hoonigans, hot wheels and formula drift cars).

Which also means that Playground Games does have memory to spare for the car designs on the cars.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 9:49:09 AM(UTC)
[quote=AquaPainter168;1187667Which also means that Playground Games does have memory to spare for the car designs on the cars.[/quote]

Back when they actually had staff posting here, they let the truth slip: The limit on cars, liveries, vinyl groups, and tunes is mostly to control their cloud storage costs.

#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 3:09:41 PM(UTC)

Back when they actually had staff posting here, they let the truth slip: The limit on cars, liveries, vinyl groups, and tunes is mostly to control their cloud storage costs.

Yes I know that, that's what they are supposed to do. But if this is space already taken up by the default paint then it is free for them to use it.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 23, 2021 3:11:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 23, 2021 3:55:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Yes I know that, that's what they are supposed to do. But if this is space already taken up by the default paint then it is free for them to use it.

I doubt the default paints take any meaningful space on their end. Everyone has local copies of them anyway. They just need an index of which one to apply.

#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2021 4:08:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

I doubt the default paints take any meaningful space on their end. Everyone has local copies of them anyway. They just need an index of which one to apply.

Making them free to use.

Notification

Icon
Error