2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 11:09:22 AM(UTC)
Last year, Forza Horizon 4 crossed the two-year mark at the Horizon Festival in Britain. This year, we couldn’t be more excited to celebrate another milestone on March 9 when the Forza Horizon 4 makes its debut on Steam.

New players will join millions of drivers as they race together across historic Britain and experience the open-world adventure with their convoy via cross-play with Xbox, Windows 10 PCs, and cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on Android mobile devices. By bringing Forza Horizon 4 to Steam, we’re giving players another great choice of what to play, and where they can play it, and with Steam Cloud saves, their game can transfer between multiple PCs.*

Starting today, you can Wishlist Forza Horizon 4 to be notified about the latest updates.

Forza Horizon 4 on Steam includes the following bundles:

Standard Edition digital bundle:
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Formula Drift Car Pack

Deluxe Edition digital bundle:
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Formula Drift Car Pack
  • Car Pass
  • Best of Bond Car Pack

Ultimate Edition digital bundle:
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Formula Drift Car Pack
  • Car Pass
  • Best of Bond Car Pack
  • Welcome Pack
  • VIP
  • Fortune Island
  • LEGO® Speed Champions

For FAQ for Forza Horizon 4 on Steam, check out our Support page. To keep up with the latest on Forza Horizon 4 on Steam, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

* Cross-save between Steam and other platforms not available, due to technical limitations

Edited by user Friday, February 26, 2021 7:56:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 11:21:37 AM(UTC)
good move
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 11:59:13 AM(UTC)
Sadly save game data won't carry over so there is no point for veterans to switch over to the steam version. Despite loving to have all my games in one place, I have to pass on this.
#4 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 3:40:47 PM(UTC)
How much will the Ultimate Edition cost is the question. Also, hope that savegames via the cloud transfer.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 8:50:37 PM(UTC)
I think it's great that the release of the Steam version will bring in new players.

However, I'm more worried about the increase in cheating and save data hacking.
There are already a lot of players who cheat.
Will this bring new glory to FH4, or will it be the beginning of the fall?
I hope PG will take stricter measures against cheating and data hacking to avoid the latter.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 1:25:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch Nixon177 Go to Quoted Post
Sadly save game data won't carry over so there is no point for veterans to switch over to the steam version. Despite loving to have all my games in one place, I have to pass on this.

Was just about to ask this. I've had the game since launch on PC. Said from day one it should have been on steam. Well over 2k hours in it now. I'm certainly not going to restart from scratch. If it did support the saves I would re-buy it, just for the steam overlay alone. I was tempted to add the steam overlay on the windows store version, but I figured the game might consider it a cheat program or something, so I stayed away. So this is bittersweet news. I hope the next Forza title launches on steam.

So what happens if you own both the MS Store version and the steam version, and log in either one or the other on the same account? If I bought the steam version would it overwrite and wipe the one on the MS Store? Or would it live in a separate universe and I could have two separate saves for the same profile?
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 1:28:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch Nixon177 Go to Quoted Post

Was just about to ask this. I've had the game since launch on PC. Said from day one it should have been on steam. Well over 2k hours in it now. I'm certainly not going to restart from scratch. If it did support the saves I would re-buy it, just for the steam overlay alone. I was tempted to add the steam overlay on the windows store version, but I figured the game might consider it a cheat program or something, so I stayed away. So this is bittersweet news. I hope the next Forza title launches on steam.

So what happens if you own both the MS Store version and the steam version, and log in either one or the other on the same account? If I bought the steam version would it overwrite and wipe the one on the MS Store? Or would it live in a separate universe and I could have two separate saves for the same profile?

(double post, please delete)

Edited by user Wednesday, February 10, 2021 4:41:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: (double post, please delete)

#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 8:05:03 AM(UTC)
Can i use my game save (xbox one, disc version) with the steam version on PC?
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 3:57:38 PM(UTC)
I don't need cross-save, just a one-time transfer. I started having the Hang Type: Activation crash around this time last year. It took them 8 months to fix that, and even after the fix the game takes an eternity to launch on that machine. Fortunately, during that time, I had access to another machine that was able to play. But since the Series 29 update, now that machine is failing with Hang Type: Activation, although the original system is still working...for now. I have no confidence that will remain the case, and feel installing each update is a bit like playing Russian Roulette. Never sure if it is going to be my last. I have never had a problem like this on Steam.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 5:30:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Luxautica VIP Go to Quoted Post
So what happens if you own both the MS Store version and the steam version, and log in either one or the other on the same account?

How would you log in with the same account? Presumably you'll log in with a Steam account to play the Steam version, and an MS Store / Xbox account to play the Xbox version? Or are they going to make Steam players link an Xbox account? If that is the case, my advice is do NOT link an Xbox account that you have played the game on. I tried that with AoE II DE where you have to link an Xbox account for certain things, and it didn't do anything remotely sensible.

To me, this is the death of the Xbox store, and they should let everyone migrate their game ownership and saves over to Steam. There is just no reason for anyone to buy anything on the Xbox store if everything will be available on Steam from now on. How long till it follows the fate of Mixer and we lose access to the games we've bought?
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 12:44:38 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
So what happens if you own both the MS Store version and the steam version, and log in either one or the other on the same account?

How would you log in with the same account? Presumably you'll log in with a Steam account to play the Steam version, and an MS Store / Xbox account to play the Xbox version? Or are they going to make Steam players link an Xbox account? If that is the case, my advice is do NOT link an Xbox account that you have played the game on. I tried that with AoE II DE where you have to link an Xbox account for certain things, and it didn't do anything remotely sensible.

To me, this is the death of the Xbox store, and they should let everyone migrate their game ownership and saves over to Steam. There is just no reason for anyone to buy anything on the Xbox store if everything will be available on Steam from now on. How long till it follows the fate of Mixer and we lose access to the games we've bought?

Yeah, I would think it would force you into logging into a Xbox account. I know Halo MCC is like that, I had it for the Xbox, then bought it on steam. The cross platform saves work on that game. In this case for Forza, I am curious which one (steam/windows store) would take priority.

I agree 100%. Hopefully this is good news and they release on steam for any future titles. Someone in T10/PG/MS sales department will probably call that based on the sales of FH4 steam version. And they shot themselves in the leg for a lot of people with the saves not being able to transfer due to "technical difficulties". Still they might fix that, in which case I would buy.

But the way it is right now is bittersweet. I love that it will be on steam, but I would have to re-do everything for that. It feels too little too late, but it's better late than never. I hope one day they would release the old titles like FM 1-6 on PC as well. I know it's never going to happen due to licensing, but man I think a lot of people would buy that up. I have been waiting for the GT series to release on PC also. Who knows about that. One can hope.

Edited by user Wednesday, February 10, 2021 12:54:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#12 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 1:30:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

Indeed, Microsoft left purchasers of games on the old GFWL store high and dry when they pulled the plug, so it's a real concern. I wonder also if they are slowly exiting the console business and future Microsoft games will simply be on PC and streaming services. If I was a Microsoft shareholder I expect I would question why they are in the console business as I am not sure the division has ever made a profit?
#13 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 2:42:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
I think it's great that the release of the Steam version will bring in new players.

I hope PG will take stricter measures against cheating and data hacking to avoid the latter.

Impossible to cheat online races so no point of this.
This is not CS:GO

Offline game files hacking (credits, cars) nobody cares.....
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 4:25:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AvengerVR46 Go to Quoted Post

You are mistaken that it is impossible to cheat, there are people using speed cheats on the existing PC version. The Steam version might be even more vulnerable, we don't know yet.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2021 4:27:34 PM(UTC)

Unfortunately that's the sigma around PC. But it's not impossible. Trainers exist, auto clickers exist, etc. If there is a game, there will be people set out to break it in some way. And T10/PG/MS, do care otherwise it wouldn't be a bannable offence and people wouldn't be able to report it. This might not be CS:GO, but there are legit competitions on Forza, some including some massive cash prizes. If they treated the game saves as offline/online as you said, then yes people wouldn't care. But they don't, it's always online even if you play solo. As with everything these days with cloud saves and DRM.

They honestly should just integrate a better anti cheat system on there. Halo MCC as an example ("Basically if the anti cheat is enabled and you have modified parts of the MCC, it will detect that they are different from the original and not let you in the game. Disabling the anti cheat lets you run the game with modified game files, but disables matchmaking also.") They have something similar in place for Forza but it's not that well integrated because you get people that fear the possibility of cheaters still on PC.

Forza just added a feedback survey system for their games. If anyone cares about issues like this or any future feedback on titles, I would sign up for it.
https://www.surveygizmo....834/T10-Feedback-Program

Edited by user Wednesday, February 10, 2021 4:40:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

#16 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2021 5:40:09 AM(UTC)
Can i use my game save (xbox one, disc version) with the steam version on PC?

No you can't due to 'technical limitations' which is developer speak for not worth us doing even though our players want it.
#17 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2021 1:18:02 AM(UTC)
Its coming to steam, but nobody at playground games got time or competence to make a mechanic to disable traffic its been 3 years of trash glitches and bugs galore, like get rid of the traffic if people want it off in multiplayer, like so what if some people dont like it your only gonna listen to those couple of people why not the whole community like people like and dont like its not one sided bit with the game it is finally there was a way, but yall at play ground had to go patch the super 7 glitch someting that was perfect for the game, its yet now ruined again, like all this stuff ypur adding or say your gonna add is great and all but its not fun watching a bunch of tweaking traffic and figure out what you plan on doing with such a static game its kinda lowkey boring same type of maps small short gets old real fast like make cars available to everyone its been out for 3 years no reason why your still just shipping out the same cars in playlists make them in the dealership dont make another in game mechanic to make the game even more tedious to gain them like its stupid nobody really has the time to sit here or days to never come up on cars they might never get i dont care yall wanna keep “special” screw that its a 3yo game nothing is special about it but the part where ypu just make exuses for everything bans new updates its getting incompetent and get rid of traffic make a update for that, like if you gonna ad cars take away traffic its so annoying, dont just “super 7 fix the traffic” like stop using the same glitchy buggy traffic system you have been using for years like do something if your gonna be keeping this game alive for a while longer, like yall dont listen to requests for decent stuff but can bring a 2020 shelby or koenigsegg or somthing useless if its only traffic, like it ruins the game right out of the box, any game for sake like make traffic a choice its a arcade style game make it one with some in game mechanics dont just focus on making the game more and more static and tedious its getting tiring like is play groundgames gonna treat horizon 5 like this like its almost a disaster after 3 years, AND MAKE THE TRAFFIC STOP IF I SMASH THEM AT anyspeed and not just stop then drive off, like stop them completely and make them despawn they are cancerous trash like alabama sat on the traffic its not hard if the game can glitch and disable it on its own i know yall just being lazy its been 3 years stop playing
#18 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2021 7:02:25 PM(UTC)
Yes, good they're doing this. Try to get everyone involved.
#19 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2021 4:37:15 AM(UTC)
ogaboga
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:05:03 AM(UTC)
Whats the point of bringing it to Steam. Some of the cars in the game are badly modelled. And the body kit has so many bad decisions i doubt those clowns they call developers know cars @ all. So many years and nobody bothered to do $h1t. Its really been a love hate relationship with this game. i came back to it, tried to overlook those **** . submitted 2 more tickets only to be given bs template responses, so fug that seriously.
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 12:21:47 AM(UTC)
Ok, that's coming off my wish list. I have hundreds of hours in this game and while I'd like to have it in my Steam library rather than playing it through Gamepass there's no way with over 700 cars in my garage I'm starting from scratch.
#22 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 2:59:03 AM(UTC)
So, I don't get it, why would move the game to Steam and not have the option to move your save files? Like I get it that you wont be able to get the game on Steam for free if you already own it, but why wouldn't you be able to get your save if you decided to pay another full price of a game that you already own with all it's DLCs, I seriously don't understand that move. I play all my games on Steam and the only reason I use Microsoft store is for FH4 and when I finally found out that the game will move to Steam I was so happy and even willing to rebuy the game there but with my current progress, why would anybody want to rebuy the game on Steam and have throw all his hundreds of hours for the last 2 years in the trash and play the same game from the begging? Is this move focused for new users? That might want to buy nearly 3 years old game? Even from business stand point it makes no sense. I am very disappointed..
#23 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 3:15:06 AM(UTC)
Not being able to move you save game even if I decided to rebuy the game and all its DLC's.. that is very disappoint, I don't know what Turn 10 Studios is thinking, I am not going to throw my hundreds of hours and 700 cars to buy a game again and start it from scratch, and I want to move to Steam, I don't want to use Microsoft store anymore, FH4 is the only reason I keep it on my PC. Even from business stand point it makes no sense.
#24 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2021 5:02:54 AM(UTC)
So will I finally be able to make it non steam game in my steam library so I can use dualsenese or it will continue to be encrypted?

Edited by user Thursday, March 4, 2021 7:12:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#25 Posted : Saturday, March 6, 2021 10:18:47 AM(UTC)
Hello, because it is coming to steam, does anyone think Microsoft will release forza on geforce now? I mean xcloud is gone, so I see no reason why not
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error