9 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#126 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 2:36:45 PM(UTC)
While I understand everyone's frustration, this isn't the first time Turn10 and Playground Games have excluded certain packs from the Ultimate Editions. Its happened before, will happen again, and it just took awhile for it to happen now.
 2 users liked this post.
#127 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 3:17:16 PM(UTC)
Somewhat surprisingly, the HW pack does not appear to be over-powered.
#128 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 4:21:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Runoff1999 Go to Quoted Post
While I understand everyone's frustration, this isn't the first time Turn10 and Playground Games have excluded certain packs from the Ultimate Editions. Its happened before, will happen again, and it just took awhile for it to happen now.

Yeah, this is why I will not waste $10 on a game that's about to be defunct! What if the rumor is true and FM5 is launched sometime later this year?! It should be free for Car-pass owners imo!

" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#129 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 5:02:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Somewhat surprisingly, the HW pack does not appear to be over-powered.

Yes, i'm a bit underwhelmed myself with it but then again i suppose i haven't played around with the tunes on it enough yet.

The Jetz goes straight to PI 921 when you do a drivetrain swap so you have to swap engines which disappoints me as i was hoping it would be a dominat force in S1. I guess it still is though in RWD.

I'm sure some great tunes will be created for the pack though :)
#130 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 6:03:03 PM(UTC)
Cool. I'll buy it if something broken like the HW Toyota truck. Otherwise nope
#131 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2021 11:11:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SamLowry709 Go to Quoted Post
from my point of view an "ultimate edtion" is a complete edition.
there is nothing "bigger" then ultimate
so this car pack is the original sin for fh4
the ultimate edtion/complete edition with this car pack transforms into an "ultimate edition"/INcomplete edition
emphasizing the quotation marks here

not any longer recommended

so you are new to forza and gaming in general
when has Ultimate ever stated that it includes everything

if i bought the top model of a car (ultimate edition) in real life that included every upgrade available , then a few months later they added more upgrades do you think i would be ENTITLED to it....no i wouldnt think so
 2 users liked this post.
#132 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 2:54:35 AM(UTC)
Judging by some early testing it seems like there is no obvious op car.
The Jetz with Drag tires, AWD & racing V8 has its niche on S900 due to its excellent power/weight ratio. But as soon as the track demands cornering grip or speeds above ~ 280 km/h it's going to suffer - a lot.
The huge amounts of drag is an issue for all cars of the pack. The Dually can be build with 1300+ bhp for A800 but can't even reach 320 km/h (200 mph) with it.
It also has no rear-aero, adjustable suspension, rallye tires or adjustable rear tire width. I assume PG wanted to avoid a second Bone Shaker here.
The Harvester has good grip and power/weight ratio for its PI but the drag value is insane. 670 bhp on 1.200 kg with vintage race tires on B700 sounds mighty but it barely reaches 210 km/h (130 mph).
The other three also don't leave a strong first impression but didn't have the time yet to test various builds.

From a performance perspective I wouldn't recommend the pack - so far.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 23, 2021 2:58:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#133 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 6:01:54 AM(UTC)
The fact that pre-ordering Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition does not include this dlc is ridiculous! I thought that was the point of the Ultimate Edition or am i missing something?
 1 user liked this post.
#134 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 6:35:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: oCheech420o Go to Quoted Post
The fact that pre-ordering Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition does not include this dlc is ridiculous! I thought that was the point of the Ultimate Edition or am i missing something?
Yep, you are missing something..... this DLC. (Sorry, I couldn't resist).

Seriously though, I am just glad that this new pack is of zero interest to me, or I would not be happy either.

And yes, we were told what would be included with the Ultimate purchase. Yet, we continue to get free cars that were not promised to us from the beginning, so I really don't think it is a stretch for Ultimate owners to expect the HW DLC for free.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:32:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#135 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 7:17:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

if i bought the top model of a car (ultimate edition) in real life that included every upgrade available , then a few months later they added more upgrades do you think i would be ENTITLED to it....no i wouldnt think so

Yeah we know now that you have a different opinion. But Forza is a game not a car. And for most games buying an edition with a name Ultimate means that you also get future dlc. So the expectation of a lot of people that this HW pack should have been included is not so strange. Or are you new to gaming?
#136 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 7:18:22 AM(UTC)
If you do not buy the DLC you cant even buy the cars out from the Auction House. LOL.
Yes, there are some listed. Even some as low as 130.000 or 180.000 Credits. But you cant buy them as Ultimate Edition Owner. Big LOL.
Quit FH4.
 8 users liked this post.
#137 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 7:30:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: H3R0N1MU5 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Yeah we know now that you have a different opinion. But Forza is a game not a car. And for most games buying an edition with a name Ultimate means that you also get future dlc. So the expectation of a lot of people that this HW pack should have been included is not so strange. Or are you new to gaming?

Except it isn't an opinion, it's fact. It was stated when the Ultimate Edition was announced what was included in the package. It does NOT state that you will be given access to future content other than what is in the expansion pass and car pass.

The Ultimate Edition, when it was released included everything it advertised. It still does. The expectation that the HW pack was to be included in the Ultimate Edition/Car Pass, when it specifically states that is not included, is on those people for not reading the description and assuming it would be included.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#138 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 9:58:04 AM(UTC)
Is this possible to view which engines Hot Wheels cars have? With all previous vehicles it can be seen in forza wikia, but how to see it in game?
 3 users liked this post.
#139 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 2:46:38 PM(UTC)
I agree with others on here. Ultimate Edition was from the launch period in 2018 and was "Ultimate" at the time. It's funny any other game, this kinda extra DLC would be "welcome" but here folks are complaining about why this DLC isn't included under "Ultimate" from 2018. I mean you get a 10% discount with GamePass and Forza games normally have a huge DLC sale down the line, if you can wait, then wait. When this game gets closer to delisting, I'm pretty sure they will have a "Complete" bundle that includes everything. "Complete" bundles exist in the store for the very reason of games adding DLC post "Ultimate" or whatever equivalent term they use.
#140 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:18:59 PM(UTC)
Why is the DLC isn't included in the Ultimate version?
#141 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:42:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

Except it isn't an opinion, it's fact. It was stated when the Ultimate Edition was announced what was included in the package. It does NOT state that you will be given access to future content other than what is in the expansion pass and car pass.

The Ultimate Edition, when it was released included everything it advertised. It still does. The expectation that the HW pack was to be included in the Ultimate Edition/Car Pass, when it specifically states that is not included, is on those people for not reading the description and assuming it would be included.

What was communicated about the HW pack is indeed fact. But what people would have expected IS an opinion. Like others said there are more things than at first communicated included in the Ultimate edition. So why not include these 6 cars. Something you can hardly call DLC. When they had included a full map like the HW package in FH3 I probably would have understand these defends. But this? And then to charge 10 euro/$ for 6 cars?? And especially at the moment when there is a lot not working properly in the game..
(Unfortunately I probably will buy the pack sometime because of my addiction of collecting)
#142 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:44:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pegman Go to Quoted Post

Because it was never advertised to be and I'm sure PG had to pay licensing fees for the use of HW.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#143 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:46:32 PM(UTC)

Because you got exactly what you bought

I didn't see anywhere the words "all" DLCs, "all" packs, "all expansions" etc, written on MS Store or Xbox

1 user liked this post.
#144 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:49:19 PM(UTC)

Because it was never advertised to be and I'm sure PG had to pay licensing fees for the use of HW.

And if so many people here and on twitter and elsewhere that have an Ultimate Edition are asking this question it proves that it is against the expectation of a lot of users.

And it also has to do with the term "ultimate". That term at itself causes expectations in my opinion.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 23, 2021 3:55:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#145 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 4:13:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: H3R0N1MU5 Go to Quoted Post

And if so many people here and on twitter and elsewhere that have an Ultimate Edition are asking this question it proves that it is against the expectation of a lot of users.

And it also has to do with the term "ultimate". That term at itself causes expectations in my opinion.

The word 'Ultimate' in English only means the best. There is no relationship to it meaning 'getting everything'.
 5 users liked this post.
#146 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 4:18:01 PM(UTC)
They need to have an “Entitled” edition for $45 more.
#147 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 5:17:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: oCheech420o Go to Quoted Post
Yep, you are missing something..... this DLC. (Sorry, I couldn't resist).

Seriously though, I am just glad that this new pack is of zero interest to me, or I would not be happy either.

And yes, we were told what would be included with the Ultimate purchase. Yet, we continue to get free cars that were not promised to us from the beginning, so I really don't think it is a stretch for Ultimate owners to expect the HW DLC for free.

The free cars are part of the game's content model, it's like saying things in Destiny or Fallout 76 or GTA Online aren't promised from the beginning.

Anyway I can see both sides view on this but it's already happened before, don't forget FH3's Ultimate Edition didn't include HW + BM which were in their own expansion pass, and then on top of that neither of them included the Porsche pack, the Mountain Dew pack or the Hoonigan pack which was obviously deemed important (or possibly exploitable) enough for it to have it's own set of achievements.

They all had to be bought separately so in total here in the UK that would have been an extra £17.37 regardless of what you did or didn't have.
#148 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 6:56:09 PM(UTC)
If you’re doing the Horizon Promo pics, even if you don’t buy pack, go to the Juggernaut.
Code 175 841 598
Run an A class HW car, repeat with S2 car in second race.
Should get photos of them all. The 2Fast4u is S1 889 so it shows up with the S2. The other 5 appear in A class race. Gives you chance to look at them more too.
Hth
L
 1 user liked this post.
#149 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 10:28:04 PM(UTC)
People get cars for free monthly = complain
People get cars as DLC, like we used to have = complain.

That just doesn't make any sense.
#150 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 11:16:36 PM(UTC)
Here is the Ultimate forza bussines guide :
-Release a ultimate edition and let people understand you can get anything, without actualy saying it.
-Release 'car packs', half of them with pre tuned existing cars. Call them New car packs.
-Then have youtubers prepare the player base that they need new Paid DLC because forza had so much Free content(and free bugs, wheelspins ..whatever).(not sure about this..just a feeling)
-Release Paid car packs that actualy have new cars.

Who ever likes this should continue buying.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 23, 2021 11:18:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

9 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error