2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2021 8:20:00 AM(UTC)
This has been requested by many and I finally found the time to sort and write down everything I learned about car building.

Contents

Part 1 - Forza Build Basics
Understanding car types and upgrades.

Part 2 - General Building
Building cars to work good on most tracks.

Part 3 - Grip and Speed Building
Building cars to work better on grip or speed oriented tracks.

Part 4 - Track Specific Building
Coming soon

Appendix A - Car List
Complete list of cars with car and body types.

Appendix B - Track List
Complete list of tracks with track types and track sizes.

The Build Guide can be read here.

Comments and feedback are welcome!

Fifty

Edited by user Tuesday, July 6, 2021 1:33:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2021 1:23:03 AM(UTC)
I've added Part 3 - Grip and Speed Building and also revised some parts of Part 2 - General Building.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 2, 2021 1:23:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2021 12:47:04 PM(UTC)
There were some misconceptions regarding Grip / Full Grip builds and Speed / Full Speed builds that I corrected in Part 3 . Grip and Speed Building.

TL;DR

Grip builds are considered builds that use only grip engine upgrades.
Grip builds require lightest rims and biggest front rim size for best handling.

Full Grip builds are considered builds that use maximum tire width front and rear
Full Grip builds require lightest rims and biggest front and rear rim size for best handling except older cars (before 1980) require minimum rear rim size.

Speed builds are considered builds that use only speed engine upgrades.
Speed builds require heaviest rims and biggest front rim size for best handling.

Full Speed builds are considered builds that use stock (minimum) tire width front and rear
Full Speed builds require heaviest rims and biggest front and rear rim size for best handling except older cars (before 1980) require minimum rear rim size.
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 4, 2021 7:58:29 AM(UTC)
Hi, I've been following your guide lately, and cars definitely drive infinitely better. However, many times I end up with a build with more or less hp than I wanted. In your guide you say that for example, make sure to upgrade fuel system, carburetor and ignition not higher than displacement, camshaft or forced induction upgrades, so if the car comes out of stock with sport ignition, do I have to upgrade camshaft to sport?
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 4, 2021 10:35:21 AM(UTC)
I don’t think so, this relates to upgrades only. Which car is it?
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 4, 2021 11:14:10 AM(UTC)

I was not referring to any specific car, rather the 6.2L V8 engine, which comes from stock with street intake manifold and street ignition. Following the guide, it gave me to understand that ignition cannot be bigger than displacement or camsaft. So if it comes from stock, don't you have to follow the rule? I.e. the car comes from stock with street ignition and stock camsaft, and I didn't upgrade anything, so I don't need them to be the same or lower, but if the car comes with street ignition and stock camsaft, and upgrade the ignition to sport, I have to upgrade the camsaft a sport at least?
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 4, 2021 11:40:36 AM(UTC)
The stock engine never cause these kind of issues.

Only when you start upgrading engine parts you have to follow the rule. So yes upgrading to sport ignition requires also to upgrade camshaft or displacement to sport (which in turn requires to upgrade exhaust to sport also) to avoid handling issues.

Alternatively you may install turbo or supercharger and upgrade them to sport.

Edited by user Sunday, July 4, 2021 11:47:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Sunday, July 4, 2021 11:58:19 AM(UTC)
Understood, thanks for the clarification. Your guide is very useful, until now I thought that the important thing was to put all the hp you can in the lowest possible weight without taking into account which upgrades go well with others, I never used the flywheel or the clutch, nor the cooling.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 6, 2021 12:34:02 AM(UTC)
Actually car building is really complex with a lot of factors to be considered when you want to maximize car performance for a given track or general purpose lobby racing.

Essentially its a speed vs, handling game while also considering the underlying build rules to avoid or minimize handling issues.

I will update the build guide with all the new stuff I figured out once I find the time for it.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 6, 2021 12:37:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#10 Posted : Monday, November 1, 2021 10:20:57 PM(UTC)
This is a good read Fifty Inch. I normally have a specific build process I use accross all cars, but am deffinately going to try this method out.
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 2, 2021 8:46:23 AM(UTC)
Thanks Claret, much appreciated!

There is actually so much more to car building that I found in the meantime but I just don't have the time to update the guide. By and a large most of the content is still valid but some things need to be updated as well.

Notification

Icon
Error