2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 2:25:49 AM(UTC)
My Friend and I have been playing online team adventures quite a lot since a few weeks but our enthusiasm was greatly diminished after we realized that after any given race, regardless of winning or losing, the points that we earned or lost were not actually real and after a quick search on reddit we discovered that as soon as ANYBODY leaves the session, NOBODY gets any points anymore, while the person leaving faces literally no penalty. They can sign up to another adventure right away and don't lose any points.
In our last 20 races we have seen our points change exactly once, and that was for a loss. Somebody ALWAYS leaves. I'm not sure if this is due to the stability of the Forza Servers or if there is really somebody in every single race who will leave, even if their team is currently winning.

I would like to see this "no points for anyone policy" revised. I understand it exists so that you cant just queue up with your friends and have the people who are not doing well in your team leave before a race ends so that your team comes out ahead, but i don't think that not awarding any points to anyone is the correct approach. I believe that it should be possible to distinguish if a person leaves on purpose or if they simply lost connection to the servers. Only people who leave on purpose (and possibly the players in their convoy) should not get points for a race.
Also, there should be a MUCH higher penalty for leaving a race on purpose, i.e. a timed ban after the X offense and loss of ranking, starting small but increasing with every recurring offense.

Has this been discussed by turn 10? I have not seen anything about it so far.
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2021 12:31:17 AM(UTC)
It often happens that the team is in the lead and wins the first race. Most of the players leave the game and the leading team can no longer win, because there are 2-3 players left against 5-6 players. In this case, the distribution of points works incorrectly. In addition, people who leave the game do not lose points and do not receive a temporary ban, which allows them to do so every time. Please correct the current state.

Notification

Icon
Error