2 Pages12Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 5:11:17 PM(UTC)
It loads so much faster!!!! Like night and day. It will be less frustrating now. This is why it would have been a waste of money for me to buy an external SSD for the One X. I knew I would snag a Series X in time.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 5, 2021 5:13:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2021 10:31:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
It loads so much faster!!!! Like night and day. It will be less frustrating now. This is why it would have been a waste of money for me to buy an external SSD for the One X. I knew I would snag a Series X in time.

Yep! A world of difference. Even when you restart the game, you can skip past everything to the load screen. I even appreciate that "skip ahead" feature
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 12:52:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NE0NCOBRA Go to Quoted Post
I noticed on the Panic Button website that one of their goals was to have FH4 running up to 120fps. That would be an odd thing to put if they never actually achieved it.

https://panicbuttongames...m/games/forza-horizon-4/

This is the only place I have heard mention of FH4 running at 120hz on XSX.

This might suggest they withdrew a 120hz mode before release or that there will be a 120hz mode coming at some point right?

It is likely that there will be updates to FH4, and it will become as good as all the XBox One modes at 60fps, and then 120fps in some slightly lower mode.
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2021 4:35:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NE0NCOBRA Go to Quoted Post
I noticed on the Panic Button website that one of their goals was to have FH4 running up to 120fps. That would be an odd thing to put if they never actually achieved it.

https://panicbuttongames...m/games/forza-horizon-4/

This is the only place I have heard mention of FH4 running at 120hz on XSX.

This might suggest they withdrew a 120hz mode before release or that there will be a 120hz mode coming at some point right?

Wow, sounds great. FH needs 120 badly. We'll see.

FullHD mode in 120 should be very possible.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 6, 2021 4:37:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#30 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 2:27:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
No, it's not true, it was improved. Better resolution and my new effects.

Well you could improve the resolution on a standard Xox One if you removed things from it, so that doesn't really count on its own. What new effects does the series X have? ...The snow effect looks worse.

Hopefully they will fix everything eventually.

Night shadows during free-roam. Much better rain effects. Much more detailed cars. Many things you didn't have. I am very happy. It can't be fixed when it's not broken.

Xbox One X in quality mode:
Headlight shadows: check
Rain effects: check
Everything else you can think of: check
Graphically only PC version is superior to One X's quality mode.

So, there's nothing new in Series X version except higher framerate. Watch Digital Foundry's video. In fact, Series X version, at least at time they did video, was graphically slightly downgraded from One X quality mode.
#31 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 5:37:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ArcticInsanity Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
No, it's not true, it was improved. Better resolution and my new effects.

Well you could improve the resolution on a standard Xox One if you removed things from it, so that doesn't really count on its own. What new effects does the series X have? ...The snow effect looks worse.

Hopefully they will fix everything eventually.

Night shadows during free-roam. Much better rain effects. Much more detailed cars. Many things you didn't have. I am very happy. It can't be fixed when it's not broken.

Xbox One X in quality mode:
Headlight shadows: check
Rain effects: check
Everything else you can think of: check
Graphically only PC version is superior to One X's quality mode.

So, there's nothing new in Series X version except higher framerate. Watch Digital Foundry's video. In fact, Series X version, at least at time they did video, was graphically slightly downgraded from One X quality mode.

This is not quality, it's performance mode enhanced in many ways. It's much better than before.

So everything's better but you guys are very boring. I wouldn't develop anything for you. Many wrong complains :D
#32 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 7:15:28 AM(UTC)

With a Ryzen 5 3600, 1080p Ultra, I had an average of 140fps for CPU render. That's a CPU that turbos to 4.2GHz. XSX CPU runs at 3.8GHz without SMT, and I believe it doesn't turbo above that. Maybe it can do it with some quality settings reduced, but I think 1080p Ultra that never drops below 120 might not be possible (140 was an average, the minimum would have been lower).
#33 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 8:48:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

With a Ryzen 5 3600, 1080p Ultra, I had an average of 140fps for CPU render. That's a CPU that turbos to 4.2GHz. XSX CPU runs at 3.8GHz without SMT, and I believe it doesn't turbo above that. Maybe it can do it with some quality settings reduced, but I think 1080p Ultra that never drops below 120 might not be possible (140 was an average, the minimum would have been lower).

Thanks for the info.

I was thinking about X1 performance mode with double FPS only + few effects. It should be possible, because it's "ugly" and could be built on current XSX version, lowering resolution and playing with effects.
#34 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 8:49:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

I just tried it, also 1080p Ultra. CPU render average 176, min 149. AFAIK the CPU in the XSX is supposed to be better than mine but who knows.

#35 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 10:22:36 AM(UTC)

This is not quality, it's performance mode enhanced in many ways. It's much better than before.

So everything's better but you guys are very boring. I wouldn't develop anything for you. Many wrong complains :D

You know that there is no such thing as quality mode, and performance mode on XBox right? They are programmed that way by the programmers as a menu option.

Edited by user Friday, January 8, 2021 10:25:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 11:52:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I just tried it, also 1080p Ultra. CPU render average 176, min 149. AFAIK the CPU in the XSX is supposed to be better than mine but who knows.

Your CPU turbos to 4.8GHz which is miles faster than the 3.8GHz of the XSX.
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error