1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 12:53:54 PM(UTC)
Ive been trying to buy a car in the auction house but people keep bidding higher than me. Whenever I try to bid again, I keep getting "Bid failed. Please try again". Ive restarted my game 8 times and my pc 3 times and nothing has worked. Is there any way to fix this?
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 1:19:01 PM(UTC)
It is just part of how the Auction House works...or rather doesn't work.

Depending on the car, you are competing with numerous other people...and possibly bots/scripts. So as you submit your bid, other people are submitting theirs. Only one will go through. Sometimes I have had it go through after a few times...other times, I will notice the amount raised, meaning a new bid hit and so now my offer has to be higher. And other times, it never takes until finally the car is sold at a much higher number than what I was bidding.

It is nothing wrong with your PC or your connection, usually. It is just how it is. I happen to enjoy the Auction House and have gotten some great deals out of it, but going for some of the more in-demand vehicles is a testament to patience and luck. If you really want the car, and can afford the buy-out price, sometimes the more sanity-preserving way is to just bite the bullet and claim it in one shot instead of going through the bidding process.
 1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 1:35:36 PM(UTC)
Alright thanks. It turns out the car (Lexus RC F) is in high demand and lots of people are trying to buy it
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 2:20:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: meatloaf4036 Go to Quoted Post
Alright thanks. It turns out the car (Lexus RC F) is in high demand and lots of people are trying to buy it

I just won a 2015 Lexus RC F by completing a game/stunt on the current Festival Playlist.

It's free for just completing a regular event.

Correction: 50% Summer Completion: 2015 Lexus RC F (previously available Exclusive model)

Edited by user Thursday, December 17, 2020 2:24:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
Microsoft Xbox Series X
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 3:38:01 PM(UTC)
I've been having the same issue with the auction house, its absolutely hopeless, takes so long to load an auction then bidding is dependant on the position of the moon and planets. I'm amazed that anyone can actually buy anything on it, its THAT bad.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2020 4:23:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: meatloaf4036 Go to Quoted Post
Ive been trying to buy a car in the auction house but people keep bidding higher than me. Whenever I try to bid again, I keep getting "Bid failed. Please try again". Ive restarted my game 8 times and my pc 3 times and nothing has worked. Is there any way to fix this?

There's a 24hr limit on bids/buyouts. Bids count regardless of whether you win it. Idk what the limit is. It works similar to the 25 auctions per 24 hours limit.
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2021 2:18:18 AM(UTC)
Whenever I try and bid on an auction, any auction for that matter, it most likely always comes up with "bid failed please try again" and it really annoys me how I am trying to bid on an auction that no one has bided yet and then someone either buys it out or gets a bid in before I do. I don't know why it does this.
Especially when I'm trying to get a car that has been on a festival playlist and isn't on the playlist anymore, like the jeep gladiator, or the c8 corvette, or the Colorado Zr2, and they are all so highly-priced.
Anyone get another way of getting the cars, since Turn 10 and all the other companies are focusing on Forza Horizon 5 they might not be putting out the festival playlists anymore.
#8 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 1:25:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StayCossieSC Go to Quoted Post

Anyone get another way of getting the cars, since Turn 10 and all the other companies are focusing on Forza Horizon 5 they might not be putting out the festival playlists anymore.

The Festival Playlists will continue. PG have already confirmed this. We just won't get any "new" cars. They will just recycle the old playlist content (which is pretty much what they have been doing already for a long time).

You will get that car you need or are missing. Unfortunately it's just a case of waiting for it but it will appear either on a playlist, backstage pass, Forzathon Shop or Super7 at some point in future.

Edited by user Monday, July 26, 2021 1:26:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 1:40:42 AM(UTC)
Haven’t checked myself but I understand the C8 corvette is a current Super 7 prize (noting StayCossie’s post above).

There is little point bidding on rare/exclusive cars. You generally need to buy them out - for the rarest ones, instantly - to acquire them.

You should only really be bidding on cars where there are loads in the AH. You can get some good deals on expensive Autoshow cars but you do need to be very patient as you’ll often be outbid at the death with no chance to re-bid before the auction closes.
#10 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2021 2:31:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Haven’t checked myself but I understand the C8 corvette is a current Super 7 prize (noting StayCossie’s post above).

Yes Jezza it is for this week.

I find it interesting that some of the harder to fine cars are not even that expensive in the AH. Needed a Merc 280 SL and it never ever came up in the AH. Got myself one through the backstage pass and out of interest looked at the AH sale price and it was only 1,500,000 buy out!

Sometimes it's just luck of the draw to be online when someone is selling a car at a knockdown price. I remember getting a Toyota 2000GT for 750 a few month ago.

The only car I've spent real mega money (20mil) on was the Capri FE because I would never be able to complete all of the star cards.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2021 8:34:26 AM(UTC)
Oh so you just discovered the auction house... welcome.

Notification

Icon
Error