11 Pages<<7891011PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#201 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 7:38:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Load times are crazy long because its constantly changing seasons. Noticed that right away ehhh...

They're not too bad with an ssd but way longer than what I'm used to now. It would be a better experience if the challenges available were restricted to the current season.

It won't affect me much either way since I won't be using this mode again after I get the achievements unless it's for an exclusive car. Unfortunately since I have everything I feel compelled to make sure I don't miss out on any vehicles or achievements.
 1 user liked this post.
#202 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 8:24:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RED RIDER NL Go to Quoted Post
Unfortunately since I have everything I feel compelled to make sure I don't miss out on any vehicles or achievements.

LOL, same here.
 2 users liked this post.
#203 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 9:56:02 AM(UTC)
Ok, so ran a number of these last night. Earned the TR7 which was my main goal.

So first off, thank you all for the tip on running new tracks for 5200 apiece. It worked almost each time. So much better than slugging it out 200 at a time.

So about half of the ones I ran were relatively pointless. A straight run, run to a jump, or no real goal/purpose whatsoever.

A few were horribly put together including two where the end was completely barricaded in. Turns out, I am assuming, the game just has you facing the wrong direction at the start....EACH time. Another one where the person literally apologized in the name of the track. lol So that one is forgiven. Another one I could not complete. It had the Psyclone, had to finish at a speed trap but even though the car traffic was gone, the trams are still running. Killed me 4 times in a row. Quit after that.

Then a few that looked like good efforts. A little rough, but otherwise challenging and somewhat fun. There was one in particular with the Bone Shaker where the landing areas to large jumps were done with care to allow for a good landing. Inverted ramp/sloped sides. Also ran the bobsled one, was a little tricky but fun.

So for many people, this is just something to completely ignore and keep racing. For others who get a big kick out of alternate routes/different takes on Danger Signs and other such things, I think it is a welcome addition. The biggest problem, I feel, is going to be weeding out all of the dreck. Imagine trying to download liveries for your car...but without the ability to see what it looks like beforehand. It's like that. I have a feeling I will enjoy some of these provided I don't get too frustrated trying to find the better tracks.
 2 users liked this post.
#204 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 10:21:33 AM(UTC)
I did a few new ones, and some were quite hard. One was an A to B drive that was fully walled in, and I did it with 0.0 seconds remaining. What would really transform this mode, IMO, would be if it showed the successful completion rate for each challenge, and allowed you to sort the challenges to find the hardest ones, or filter in a specific range where you can set the min and max, so you could choose to find challenges with a successful completion rate of 20-30%, for example, if someone judges that to be a difficulty that will give them a nice challenge. Without that, it all feels a bit pointless, in that if you complete an easy one, so what, and if you complete a hard one, it still doesn't mean much if you don't know exactly how hard it was.
 1 user liked this post.
#205 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 10:33:27 AM(UTC)
Looks like anything too challenging won't trend, except by searching or following creators. Shameless plug: I made a giant half pipe on the airstrip that is very usable and fun, but I made the time a little tight to get the Ultimate Air target. Certainly not too hard, but does require concentrated effort to complete. For such a novelty of flinging a car back and forth on a half pipe, I imagine most people won't reach the target and therefore no completions/likes. "I immediately regret this decision!"

So that brings me to the first thing that should be fixed... edit existing blueprints (is it possible? I couldn't find it). I would simply lower the target, or have two copies, one challenging, one for fun. Am I going to spend another hour re-building such a massive half pipe? Not a chance. Hmmm maybe it doesn't need to be THAT big lol.

Edit - fixed quote.

Edited by user Friday, December 11, 2020 11:43:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#206 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 10:46:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RB033 Go to Quoted Post
I imagine most people won't reach the target and therefore no completions/likes. I regret this choice immediately!

Most people won't play it no matter what you do. I made one really easy one, and one pretty hard one. Both have only been played once, probably by people who have me as a friend.

I've been disliking anything that gives below 1k influence, and liking anything that gives over 1k influence, so that should favour harder ones, as I believe the influence is higher for ones that have a lower successful completion rate (with a special case for 0 out of 0, which gives 5200).
 1 user liked this post.
#207 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 11:12:18 AM(UTC)
Looks like anything too challenging won't trend, except by searching or following creators. Shameless plug: I made a giant half pipe on the airstrip that is very usable and fun, but I made the time a little tight to get the Ultimate Air target. Certainly not too hard, but does require concentrated effort to complete. For such a novelty of flinging a car back and forth on a half pipe, I imagine most people won't reach the target and therefore no completions/likes. I regret this choice immediately!

So that brings me to the first thing that should be fixed... edit existing blueprints (is it possible? I couldn't find it). I would simply lower the target, or have two copies, one challenging, one for fun. Am I going to spend another hour re-building such a massive half pipe? Not a chance. Hmmm maybe it doesn't need to be THAT big lol.

The programmers could check your skill level setting and add 1 second to each level lower than Expert. So Highly Skilled would be +1 second. then next level down +2 seconds then level down +3 seconds. Then you wouldn't have to edit the tracks... although editing is preferable. I am trying to make it easy for the programmers.

Edited by user Friday, December 11, 2020 11:14:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#208 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2020 11:27:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
I imagine most people won't reach the target and therefore no completions/likes. I regret this choice immediately!

Most people won't play it no matter what you do. I made one really easy one, and one pretty hard one. Both have only been played once, probably by people who have me as a friend.

I've been disliking anything that gives below 1k influence, and liking anything that gives over 1k influence, so that should favour harder ones, as I believe the influence is higher for ones that have a lower successful completion rate (with a special case for 0 out of 0, which gives 5200).

I got 3,325 influence on DULL DULL DULL. Liked! :)
 2 users liked this post.
#209 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2020 12:51:15 AM(UTC)
Something else I would like if this ever gets an update... grouping objects in the editor, and then Y button copies the group.
 1 user liked this post.
#210 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2020 1:07:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Something else I would like if this ever gets an update... grouping objects in the editor, and then Y button copies the group.

yeah and changing weather/time after 'construction'

tried to create some challenge in a speedzone where u have to drive on 2 thin walls but its too hard to build already in the dark :D

it should also do an floor(value) if the creator is doing XXX attempts to set the absolute max and the game is rounding up later the challenge becomes unbeatable
 1 user liked this post.
#211 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2020 10:34:17 AM(UTC)
Like the idea, the editor might need some work.
After spending quite some time creating a track without shortcuts, I was unable to save the challenge because of the language filter.
After a lot of frustration, it turned out the problem was not the title (which was indicated to be the problem) but the auto generated description.....
So now my challenge is saved with a dumb name and description.
And with a for a lot of people challenging time to beat, since the time limit I chose was apparently not saved with it.
So an option to edit a challenge after it has been created would really be appreciated.
 1 user liked this post.
#212 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2020 12:54:02 AM(UTC)
I do like the concept, I really do, but it's hard to even call what they sent us a "beta". The user interface sucks ~so~ bad, it's an absolute bug-fest. It makes their "paintbooth" seem almost professional and intuitive by comparison. I really hope they plan on improving and expanding it, with future updates, but right now it's pretty painful. In case the bug infestation isn't enough, the wheelspin-esque rewards program just adds insult to injury. You can run an event that is truly creative and has pretty much every prop they can "afford" to put into the scene, and get 200 points. Or you can get some 30 second straight-line point-to-point challenge that doesn't have a single prop added, and they give you 4000+ for it. Ridiculous. I just finished my 3rd (or 4th?) round of the full "Seven" thing... Five of them had no props at all. One of 'em had ONE. The last one actually had quite a few, fairly well thought out and executed -- but since it was the last one of the 7, I didn't get an option to "Like" it. :-/ I sure hope they make some fixes and improvements to it, it has ~so~ much potential to be really cool. I question if the game has enough resources to allow much more though (all the blackouts on the screens, game crashes, etc...) Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. And probably fight through two or three more rounds of "The Seven" to try to get past Level 6 finally... <sigh>
 1 user liked this post.
#213 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2020 2:07:32 AM(UTC)
I did one set on the first day, then that was it really.

Not even going to bother trying to make anything as unless it's 'cheaty' no one will bother with it, which points right to the main issue with the whole setup.

It missed the mark.
 3 users liked this post.
#214 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2020 1:08:04 PM(UTC)
Two things I noticed:
1. If you create a very challenging challenge, many people will fail it and will not like it. If it's easy, many people will like it, but for the wrong reasons. Is it an idea to have the creator's best time/score be an additional challenge for extra points based on how many people succeeded?
2. If you do not have many online friends who will like your challenge by default, your challenge will not be part of the Super7 challenge no matter how good it is and therefore you might as well not bother creating anything. Some very high liked challenges were basically a not so nice word, although I'll admit that tastes differ.
#215 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2020 7:07:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hellsteeth30 Go to Quoted Post
... Not even going to bother trying to make anything as unless it's 'cheaty' no one will bother with it, which points right to the main issue with the whole setup.

Originally Posted by: Pharsalus Go to Quoted Post
1. If you create a very challenging challenge, many people will fail it and will not like it...
2. If you do not have many online friends who will like your challenge by default, your challenge will not be part of the Super7 challenge no matter how good it is and therefore you might as well not bother creating anything.

I get where you’re both coming from, with that in mind I’m still enjoying making them though. Might be a case of ‘creative withdrawal symptoms’ since they broke the import function on the X1X recently or just because I’ve never used a track creator in any other game before?

Anyway, it’s new to me & therefore somewhat interesting (although I don’t know how long it’ll last - probably until I can paint & share again) plus it’s an unashamed attempt to plug some of my designs, LoL!!! 😉

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#216 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2020 11:19:04 PM(UTC)
Two things I noticed:
1. If you create a very challenging challenge, many people will fail it and will not like it. If it's easy, many people will like it, but for the wrong reasons. Is it an idea to have the creator's best time/score be an additional challenge for extra points based on how many people succeeded?
2. If you do not have many online friends who will like your challenge by default, your challenge will not be part of the Super7 challenge no matter how good it is and therefore you might as well not bother creating anything. Some very high liked challenges were basically a not so nice word, although I'll admit that tastes differ.

I'm hoping that the team will pick 7 challenges as a seasonal event in which case they may pick some of the harder courses.
#217 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2020 11:29:29 PM(UTC)
Two things I noticed:

If people fail they can't like because the dialog is shown after completing the challenge

You can post ur sharecodes here in forums (played&liked all 'clean' was nice and 'bite the bullit' is 'clean' with diff time? but easy to cheat in both, maybe clean/call911 are too hard for casual/new fh4 players)

https://forums.forzamoto...r7-Share-Codes-here.aspx

Edited by user Sunday, December 13, 2020 11:33:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#218 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2020 1:28:40 AM(UTC)
I'm hoping that the team will pick 7 challenges as a seasonal event in which case they may pick some of the harder courses.

That would be good, I’m bored with the same regurgitated races tbh. Doubt it’ll happen though because there’s such a wide range of abilities amongst the player base - the more challenging the Event the more complaints they’ll get because people won’t accept not being able to complete them in quick fashion.... if at all.

Let’s face it, when it comes to UGC this game focuses on the lowest common denominator. The emphasis is purely on popularity rather than quality. So just like with Designs, Tunes or Blueprints, if we want to find good Super7 events we’ll just have to play a few & make a note of the Creator when we come across ones we like.

FH4 / FH3
#219 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2020 7:12:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post

That would be good, I’m bored with the same regurgitated races tbh. Doubt it’ll happen though because there’s such a wide range of abilities amongst the player base - the more challenging the Event the more complaints they’ll get because people won’t accept not being able to complete them in quick fashion.... if at all.

Let’s face it, when it comes to UGC this game focuses on the lowest common denominator. The emphasis is purely on popularity rather than quality. So just like with Designs, Tunes or Blueprints, if we want to find good Super7 events we’ll just have to play a few & make a note of the Creator when we come across ones we like.

Well there's something marked .. ' Coming Soon!' It's something to do with the challenges.
#220 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2020 5:42:42 PM(UTC)
I have not happened upon a method of delivering "objects" along with my created challenges.
How do I find these "Foundation objects" while creating my future challenges?

I've reached Level 10 in The Horizon Super7 and have completed several Challenge Cards.

My first one was a 3-mile drive to the Leap of Faith Danger Sign in Broadway. A few others were Speed Traps. All of these are simple and easy if you're good driver; that is you're faster than me to finish before the timer ends. Sometimes, I would round-up the time to complete the challenge.

I want to create more challenges that will be fun and teach our friends how to handle various different race tracks. One I really liked is written with a Rally Cars in the Mud. There were several objects installed that guided a driver through the turns.

p.s. I promise to not: force you to drive in a different view than you prefer; play any radio station; make you play in traffic unless necessary; have you drive several pointless miles, especially on the motorway.

BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
Microsoft Xbox Series X
 1 user liked this post.
#221 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 5:35:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BadRiver Go to Quoted Post
I have not happened upon a method of delivering "objects" along with my created challenges.

After you’ve selected the style of your Event, the game will load it up and from there you can press the start/pause button then scroll down to the Blueprint Builder:

**edit** I’ve spent the last couple of days sifting through the Super7 and there’s a lot of very boring, simple stuff as well as some completely over the top stuff (my opinion) but every now and then I come across a real gem. Don’t be afraid to switch up the view, sometimes it adds to the ‘challenge’.
Also wouldn’t hurt to post your Events in this thread 😉

Edited by user Wednesday, December 16, 2020 5:55:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FH4 / FH3
#222 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2020 7:05:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MIDNYTE DUBH Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BadRiver Go to Quoted Post

After you’ve selected the style of your Event, the game will load it up and from there you can press the start/pause button then scroll down to the Blueprint Builder:

**edit** I’ve spent the last couple of days sifting through the Super7 and there’s a lot of very boring, simple stuff as well as some completely over the top stuff (my opinion) but every now and then I come across a real gem. Don’t be afraid to switch up the view, sometimes it adds to the ‘challenge’.
Also wouldn’t hurt to post your Events in this thread 😉

Thank you, Midnyte, for the advice for building objects on a challenge. Very helpful. :)
The challenge I built as my first with objects is called Lighthouse Rush, Share Code: 695 513 288.
Probably not a gem but I'll check the Share-Code discussion to learn from better examples.

BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
Microsoft Xbox Series X
#223 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 11:43:51 AM(UTC)
Diablo GTR? I noticed that one of mine had the tune and paint reset so it wasn't possible to finish, went to delete it, accidentally clicked on the super 7 challenge and it says the completion bonus is a Diablo GTR.

Edit : also noticed a skip button for the intro...

Edited by user Friday, December 18, 2020 11:45:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#224 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 10:17:05 PM(UTC)
So a few things I have noticed recently:

First, as WhiteBurrito pointed out, there is indeed a Skip button now to bypass the intro scene. It works best if you press it right at the beginning before the intro starts. It helps preserve sanity when replaying a challenging course over and over (looking at you, AquaPainter...lol)

Secondly, at the end, whether you succeed or fail, is a Retry or Continue option. Upon selecting Continue, it now brings up the Like/Dislike/Cancel dialog. So it is now possible to Like a track that you have not successfully completed yet...as well as Dislike a track that could not be completed or is impossibly complicated/built poorly.

I wish there was also a notation function where it would act as a messenger for either preset messages or a short Tweet-like statement. So if part of the track has construction issues, or like a recent track, the car was sinking into the road therefore preventing the required high speed score...it would allow you to notify the Designer. Of course, this would be coupled in with the ability to adjust a track after construction or the ability, like with Blueprinting, to select the same track and run a different car (or same car but retuned, etc)

One last thing, so I made two tracks. I can find each in my own cards, but they do not show up on my Creative profile thing. "Cards Shared: 0" Can someone check to see if they show up at all? You don't need to play them, they are kinda **** ...but just to let me know that they can be found before I put more time into thus. Thank you.

Heavy High Jump: 323 556 714

Tunnel Roll: 459 276 070
#225 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 11:43:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post

One last thing, so I made two tracks. I can find each in my own cards, but they do not show up on my Creative profile thing. "Cards Shared: 0" Can someone check to see if they show up at all? You don't need to play them, they are kinda **** ...but just to let me know that they can be found before I put more time into thus. Thank you.

Heavy High Jump: 323 556 714

Tunnel Roll: 459 276 070

Both worked
11 Pages<<7891011PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error