12 Pages<<9101112PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#251 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 1:33:18 PM(UTC)
CAN'T ENTER THE FESTIVAL SITE BECAUSE THERE'S A "challenge" OWNING IT.

PLEASE FIX!!!!! THE MAP IS TOO POLLUTED

Edit; Apologies, it's gone now. I just can't believe this is intended behavior. It's easy enough though annoying to filter the map but they always show when driving past often blocking large portions of the screen.

Edited by user Saturday, January 9, 2021 1:52:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#252 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2021 3:52:17 PM(UTC)
Gets kinda boring quickly, cant even force myself to get exclusive cars and i consider myself hoarder. Much better would be if you could get the building options for regular track builder.
#253 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 1:21:59 PM(UTC)
I feel like Super 7 was made to compete with the likes of GTA V.
This is great because the GTA community is pretty toxic. But it does feel jarring at times doing some of these challenge events and the realism being taken out of it. Overall I am having a blast but its not something I can do long-term.

Anyone else feels this way? Personally, I have made a few challenge cards but they typically remain grounded by emulating things I have seen on TV or anime. Just to not annoy people I won't post share codes.

However, that being said I do like the overall flexibility of these challenges. I can't wait for high stakes.

Just posting this to share my thoughts on the new mode now that I have had some time with it.

Edited by user Monday, January 11, 2021 11:43:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#254 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 6:45:24 PM(UTC)
I don't think they're intentionally trying to compete with GTA V, at least not directly. But I can see how it might come across that way. More likely, they're looking for ways to extend the life of the game past its initially planned lifespan, to cover the gap left by the extended development cycle of the next Forza title. Any resemblance to GTA V is purely coincidental.
#255 Posted : Sunday, January 10, 2021 7:13:10 PM(UTC)
I like the idea of Super7 in theory, but since Horizon 4 was not originally designed with the mode in mind, it has a lot of problems. The chase cam cannot cope with loop-the-loops, the lack of checkpoints makes it easy to exploit challenges that actually have had effort put into them, and, like the custom routes, its difficult to separate the well-constructed challenges from the straight-up exploitative challenges. Another kick to the head is the fact that Super7 introduces a lot of things that would make the route creator even better, such as prop placement, the ability to place the starting line anywhere, and adding different objectives beyond just racing, yet it doesn't seem likely that any of these will be added to the route creator anytime soon, if ever. And I may be alone in thinking this, but I really wish the developers added a ceiling limit and prevented players from going out of bounds. Would it be limiting? Yes. Would it be less distracting visually? Also yes.
#256 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 3:28:16 AM(UTC)
I have no idea why anyone would go on GTA V for driving, every car in a category drives the same and nothing has any weight to it at all, I only drive the buses, trucks and Trashmaster when I go on it now and even they can be thrown around a lot of corners full throttle.

Add to that the constantly overpriced stuff and I see no other reason than it being GTA why anyone would bother + claim it's any good but they do.

Also for as much flak as FH4's received for some of it's content being aimed at a younger audience at least it's a little understandable, Rockstar + GTA V on the other hand have the bare faced cheek to put stuff in the game clearly mainly aimed at people too young to be legally playing their game.

Super7's not my thing at all but I'd sure pick that over any form of racing in GTA V any day.
#257 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 7:23:15 AM(UTC)
It’s a completely useless feature IMO!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

1 user liked this post.
#258 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 9:44:42 AM(UTC)
It's sort of like a lobotomized and poorly implemented copy of the GTAO stunt track editor.
#259 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2021 11:04:11 AM(UTC)
I find it similar to the eliminator, a grind for some cars and achievements. Much prefer the core game.

Edited by user Monday, January 11, 2021 11:04:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#260 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 4:35:59 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged, see the Share Your Challenge Cards thread linked below - MM]

OK so i have done a ton of challenge cars prolly well over 100 now thinking it would be really fun seeing the creativity of other people. Well after my first 7 cards i got to thinking there was pretty much only drive to destination cards (no creative nothin just drive to point in car.) ok ok i was like no big deal ill just do 7 more and see if the cards change.. well they didnt for the most part with the exception of a couple, they were all Drive to destination........ and i got sooo many repeats over and over.. i even started searching fun ones but they are over in a couple of min. and then i have to go back in to the menu just to go search again.. i was so bored with it i started making my own cards and spending 30min to an hour working on each one... i dont understand whats wrong with your RNG of challenge cards but you really need to get it fixed!! or change it all together. i really really do love this game but come on.. we get 5 things to customize a "world" no construction signs nothin just a big wind turbine?... dont get me wrong i think ive created some cool cards but its just repeats with different cars... I know nothing will come of this i really just needed to rant! P.S. im super triggered about Drift Adventure as well.. but i wont get into that one haha.. if anyone reads this thanks.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 13, 2021 6:52:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#261 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2021 6:11:36 PM(UTC)
That is why we put up this thread so that we could actually try courses worth trying.

Just be careful with AquaPainter and Twentybag420...they apparently don't like people. lol. They tend to make challenging courses. But others there are good as well. I am (slowly) making my way through the list and writing up reviews for them as I do. Give it a try and enjoy.

And I agree with you, I only do the Super 7 when the reward is worth something because the courses are garbage.
 1 user liked this post.
#262 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2021 3:18:30 AM(UTC)
Heads up, the Completion Bonus for Super7 progress this week is the exclusive 1969 Toyota 2000GT.
#263 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2021 10:54:58 PM(UTC)
So something very strange and unusual happened this week.

I actually clicked "Like" for three of the seven Super 7 challenges.

No, I'm not ill, I'm ok. I will explain.

So I have a rating system for whether I "Like", "Dislike", or "Cancel" If it is a total no-effort run. "Do this in 23 seconds"or the tune is totally wretched or there are objects...but they make no sense/are incredibly poorly placed...they get a Dislike. If there was an attempt made, but it just wasn't good. The track was good but the car bad. Or otherwise uninspiring, I just cancelled and continued. But if there was decent effort made, you could tell time was put into it, and the car had a suitable tune...whether I actually enjoy the challenge or not, they get a Like.

Three of the selections to get the Toyota showed promise. One was a hill-climb made out of pipes and submerged storage trailers. Very cool. Wished it was longer, but not sure how many points that set up took. The other two I didn't particularly care for but it was obvious an effort was made to make a drive able, challenging track. So points to you. The remaining four were either drive off this jump, or pieces were so haphazardly put together, there was no continuity between one section and another.

So...does this mean there is promise? Are we getting through all of the early dreck that people put up for likes and whatnot and getting into something worth driving? Time will tell. I have put up a few recently that I need to add to that thread, but I have hope that the no-effort people will tire of all of it and we will transition into actual challenges. I know, I'm a dreamer.
 1 user liked this post.
#264 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:41:00 AM(UTC)
I was bored last night so I created a challenge card at the festival. It took me ages due to the stupid interface. Mainly because the camera has the same rules as a car.
In other words; when you move the camera around , you have to stay over the roads, etc.
I kept getting stuck with the camera when trying to move around above the festival whilst building an aerial track.

The same applies to the track itself - I could put an aerial track wherever I wanted, but when I tested it, the collision rules still applied (for the festival barriers).
When I was creating what became my final design, I had to keep the track over the roads & I had to be careful to make sure that the natural driving line didn't run into any invisible collisions.

One thing that I'm not happy with is that my challenge starts with the car facing in the wrong direction.
This also annoys me when I'm trying other people's challenges.
There needs to be a way of setting the start direction for the car, instead of the game assuming that it needs to be facing in the direction of the finish line.

Edited by user Sunday, January 31, 2021 6:45:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#265 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2021 9:58:07 PM(UTC)
When do we get the High Stakes opening?
#266 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 6:41:02 AM(UTC)
Spring Series 31 Completion Bonus for Super7 Progress: 1970 Porsche #3 917 LH
#267 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 4:47:29 AM(UTC)
Is it clear by now or did someone figure out how influence does work on the challenge cards?
Sometimes I do almost the exact same challenge (trying Speed Traps at the horizon Festival atm) and influence for those races is all over the place, from 200 up to 4.000

Maybe the Likes on the card or how often it has been played has influence (haha) on this? But this seemed all over the place aswell for me.... oO
#268 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 8:52:33 PM(UTC)
The only thing I have figured out is if a challenge has never been done before (or only a few times) you get 4000 pts. If it has been done very often, or it is your own, you get 200. Everything else seems a mix of difficulty (how they figure that out, I don't know) and frequency...less earns you more. Otherwise I can't make heads or tails out of it.
#269 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2021 7:07:38 AM(UTC)
The reward for Super7 progress completion during Series 32 Summer season is the
2017 Formula Drift #117 599 GTB Fiorano
#270 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2021 8:06:34 AM(UTC)
2 Months later... Nothing fixed...
So i've created my first S7 Challenge today and noone is able to complete it!

!!! Try at your own risk !!!
182 746 746

To complete you should be able to set some higer score (easy) and wait 30min (frustrating) but then it says 'Failed - Try again'!
Use PauseMenu to exit from Challenge or wait 30min
#271 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2021 5:19:09 PM(UTC)
Heya,

I just created a Super 7 Parcour course inside the Edinburgh train station. A place where which you normally can't access.
If you want to give it a try, check it out here:
161 346 004
#272 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2021 7:17:15 PM(UTC)
Hi,
Can't get my challenge to publish - 2nd attempt.
It's a quick point to point run in my Ferrari 599XX evo, which is well-tuned and looks trick.
Give it a go. I think you will like.
Share code: 107 806 612.

Cheers
#273 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 1:20:13 PM(UTC)
Hey guys SeasondSloth here, great work on this super 7 guys! Keep it up, but i have some thoughts as to where to take it from here because i think this is a great base but could offer a bit more and by that what i mean is the objects that are offerered are %70 large and %30 small and i think this spicific design calls for more props and smaller things as there is near to no room, to place those large objects. And or a size changing selection. Secondly i humbily request that this PVP aspect was brought in as it is a real let down not being able to invite a mate to drive the course that you just put the effort into. Third, i think that the like and dislike ratio sould be told to the designer, as this makes it imposible to determain what is liked, what is to challanging,and or what is the funest in general. Thanks for a great new addition to the already awsome game you guys have achived, keep it up guys!😁 from your aussie drift mate SeasondSloth
#274 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 1:45:36 PM(UTC)
Hey guys SeasondSloth here sorry if this is short as the forum had a serious freekout and wouldent let me post. But anyways, love the new super 7 guys great work keep it up, i think its a great base for something awesome, and what i mean by that is the objects on offer are generally %70 large and %30 small and i think this spicific design calls for more props and smaller objects, as in general the large objects are practicly unplacable due to the lack of space for them. And or add in a size changing aspect to get that clean snug fit. Secondly i think the PVP aspect should be brought in as it is a real let down not being able to invite your mate to a track you just put serious effot into. And thrid it would be great if the designer could see there like to dislike ratio, to help better determain what is to hard, what is funest, and what is perfered, other then that thanks heaps for this great game guys. Keep the good work up. 👍👍👍👍👍and sorry again as this was the second time wrighting this message 😁 from your aussie drift mate SeasondSloth
 1 user liked this post.
#275 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2021 2:36:36 PM(UTC)
Aussie Aussie Aussie!

A PvP option would be neat for sure. I don't know if the resize thing would work. I get what you are saying, but aligning the pieces is already tricky enough, if the scale starts to change, it might change how the movement and alignment would work. There are enough events where the ramps, turns, etc are misaligned enough to stop the car dead. Really pulls me out of the experience.

And speaking of that, one thing I think would help would be a "snap-to" feature. Aligning two similar pieces, when they get close, you click a button/trigger, and the two click together. Same button unclicks them again. It would help fine-tuning and yet still allow for flexible positioning. Just a thought anyway. Getting a design right can be so time consuming.

But the main thing would be to have it like a project. When I do a tune, I can revisit and change it. A livery, the same. When I do a blueprint, I can at least change what cars/type/class run on it. But when I create a track...I have to set it all up, line up each piece, test it all out until I am sick of it...and that's it. Can't run it for a different car or anything. Like hey, the car I started with doesn't run it the best...too bad, can;t change it unless I absolutely create the entire thing all over with. Kinda sucks.
12 Pages<<9101112PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error