5 Pages<<2345PrevNext
#76 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2020 9:44:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: George RGJ Go to Quoted Post

What did you do to be able to select that car??? Despite me having other range rovers A class, i cant only select two of them. I have that very same car you used, class A, but the game wont let me to select it. Is there any player restrictions or something im missing? the only car i can chose is the range rover svr 2015, and the tunes i found on this post didnt work at all (not enough speed).

Also i wonder, already tried six times the trial, still no success. And every time, every single player uses the same car, the svr 2015. Whats the deal?

You saw the pic, every single other car was a 2015, lol. One race had a Series III, but everything else was again, a 2015. I did nothing special. It was tuned at 600 for a prior CC event. Bumped it up to 800 and ran it. When I retuned it, did the same thing. It was just there. There are times when a tuning changes somehow and the rating is off by a point or two, possibly putting it over the A800 rating. So either double check the rating or redownload it.

I am going on now, so I will check to see if it lets me select it again. And I'll also tune up a SVR to see what I can do with it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Also, if you need someone to run with you, give me a shout. I can't guarantee you a great run, but I can def help make it easier.

Edit:

Ok, ran it a few more times. Anything from decent runs to combat central, lol. First of all, yup, can select the 1973 as well as a Series III and the 2015 as the A800s in my list.

2015 Land Rover Tune: CC Trial

Breakdown: the 1973 is quicker off the line, and has greater mid-range acceleration. It is also a bit twitchier though considerably more settled down than my first effort. It runs the first race slower, not having that top end, but the next two races are about even and has won both. It seems to go through water better than the 2015.

The 2015 is a little slow off the start but has a greater top end and a higher top speed. It opens up in the first race and is considerably more stable and easier to drive. Handles the other two races well, good through obstacles. Has won all three races. I am going to go back to stock tires to see if I can hop it up a little more.

Edited by user Sunday, November 22, 2020 1:42:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#77 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 2:59:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: George RGJ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IngoingCake8592 Go to Quoted Post

My first run was disastrous. My tune wasn't the best, my connection went wonky with that whole slow down/speed up thing, and it was very combative. The end of the last race was a four-car collision that took half of us out of our places so we lost. I went back, did an engine swap, retuned, adjusted this and that and went back out. Much better. Still never placed better than 2nd in the second race, but otherwise pretty good. Good acceleration in the beginning, pretty decent handling without getting squirrely on landings. Decent top end as well. I want to try other options but I'm pretty ok with this.
1973 Land Rover Range Rover Tune: CC Trial Winner

What did you do to be able to select that car??? Despite me having other range rovers A class, i cant only select two of them. I have that very same car you used, class A, but the game wont let me to select it. Is there any player restrictions or something im missing? the only car i can chose is the range rover svr 2015, and the tunes i found on this post didnt work at all (not enough speed).

Also i wonder, already tried six times the trial, still no success. And every time, every single player uses the same car, the svr 2015. Whats the deal?

It could be your tune. There is a bug in tunes where classes leak into other classes. For example a bug allows an 'A Class 801' which isn't actually an A Class car.
#78 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 8:36:57 AM(UTC)
Regarding the showoff skills, I generally use Glenn Rannoch trail since there are many switchbacks on the dirt road across the mountain. A quick ebrake and then accelerate through the inside of a few corners usually makes quick work of them. I set the difficulty to new racer and check that traction control, stability control and antilock are all off. At the beginning I let the drivatars all pass and follow until the turn to the dirt.

Also, I experienced today that entering a race and selecting my car before the daily was enabled, then starting the race after the changeover prevented the pass skills from counting. Quitting and starting a new race was required.
#79 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 1:18:33 PM(UTC)
This Rivals event, especially with this car, was the worst thing I have ever seen in my whole horizom experience... I mean, I am trying for about 30 laps now not even getting closw to my first rival... does this car even have brakes? And who the hell ajusted the gearing that bad? Shifting to 3rd gear is like the car almost breaks down....
[Mod Edit - profanity is prohibited - MM]

Edited by user Sunday, November 22, 2020 3:09:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#80 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 1:26:54 PM(UTC)
Change your rival - one of your friends is obviously quite good. Also, you don’t need to beat your rival to get the rivals event ticked off for the month, just do a clean lap - however, they’ve currently failed to link the rivals event to the festival playlist, so it will presumably be hot-fixed shortly.
 1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 1:30:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Change your rival - one of your friends is obviously quite good. Also, you don’t need to beat your rival to get the rivals event ticked off for the month, just do a clean lap - however, they’ve currently failed to link the rivals event to the festival playlist, so it will presumably be hot-fixed shortly.

I do it every season. I am by far not the best driver, but I am good enough to win some races and/or keep up at least.... but this car just puts me in rage mode more and more.. even the auto union rivals event was far easier to beat, even though the auto union is one of the worst vehicles to drive when stock... there definitly seems to be alot wrong with that car, it just does not feel finished...
#82 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 2:42:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SXS14 Go to Quoted Post

I do it every season. I am by far not the best driver, but I am good enough to win some races and/or keep up at least.... but this car just puts me in rage mode more and more.. even the auto union rivals event was far easier to beat, even though the auto union is one of the worst vehicles to drive when stock... there definitly seems to be alot wrong with that car, it just does not feel finished...

I hear where you are coming from. I got a clean lap on the second lap but what a pig of a car. The first major corner will almost always fail people if they don't slow down at the right distance or take the corner line mere fractions off.

To do it in Winter as well is just insane for this type of car, RWD that slides on the tiniest of bumps and a horrible transmission to say the least.

It may be a good car upgraded and not being raced in Winter but i'll wait and see if that's the case. So far the car is a big FAIL for me (i do hope i'm wrong though as it could have potential)
 1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 2:57:30 PM(UTC)
This Rivals event, especially with this car, was the worst thing I have ever seen in my whole horizom experience... I mean, I am trying for about 30 laps now not even getting closw to my first rival... does this car even have brakes? And who the hell ajusted the gearing that bad? Shifting to 3rd gear is like the car almost breaks down....

I've had the game for maybe 2 years, and your post made me try the monthly rivals for the first time ever! I beat the first one by 4 seconds. The weird thing is that for 2 years I didn't know there was a monthly rivals challenge. The menu makes it hard to find everything.

Edited by user Monday, November 23, 2020 1:12:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#84 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2020 2:59:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: wwwREXwww Go to Quoted Post

I hear where you are coming from. I got a clean lap on the second lap but what a pig of a car. The first major corner will almost always fail people if they don't slow down at the right distance or take the corner line mere fractions off.

To do it in Winter as well is just insane for this type of car, RWD that slides on the tiniest of bumps and a horrible transmission to say the least.

It may be a good car upgraded and not being raced in Winter but i'll wait and see if that's the case. So far the car is a big FAIL for me (i do hope i'm wrong though as it could have potential)

I am still hyped for this car. I'm sure it can be good with a decent tuning, and it also will have a widebody... but in stock condition it's a pain .... I mean, even with ABS on, the brakes seem to block even when not braking 100%... I gave up now. Don't need the rivals event to get my 80%, it's not even counting right now.

Edited by user Sunday, November 22, 2020 3:12:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#85 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 4:43:03 AM(UTC)
Another way to make easy money courtesy of the clueless general FH4 player base this week.

Buy F1's for 2 mil and sell them for 3 or even possibly the top buyout, I got 1 in a wheelspin yesterday so thought why not after it working for others with other autoshow cars, and sure enough I only listed it for 1 hour at 3M buyout and came on just now to find a message telling me it sold.

Honestly though? It was a Captain Picard facepalm moment rather than being happy at making money.

Perhaps I shouldn't get annoyed at poor team mates in trials when evidently just checking a menu is asking too much of some playing this game.
#86 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 10:20:11 AM(UTC)
Do we get a fix for the sound problem with the Singer on Series X ??? Would be very nice T10...Thank you :)
#87 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 10:20:21 AM(UTC)
Do we get a fix for the sound problem with the Singer on Series X ??? Would be very nice T10...Thank you :)
#88 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 12:53:47 PM(UTC)
Echoing people's sentiment toward the Rival's challenge.

Pretty tricky, I had to turn on the assists for the first time in a long time. I could get that first turn, but I kept messing up the two at the end and would kill my time or bump out. And of course, bumping out kills your speed for setting up the next run.

Squryl was my rival, yay! lol. I couldn't do it, I'd have him beat til those final two turns. So had to change and choose a lower guy. Ended up with a faster time than Squryl so I am happy. Hee hee. Didn't register though so we'll see. Now that I have the semi-hang of it, though, I'll relax some of the assists to see if I can pep it up a little.
#89 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 1:55:52 PM(UTC)
It would be fun to have a RWD trial again - the stock Caterham one a while ago was something a bit different. A stock old school 911 or something like that would be a good test.
#90 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 3:10:44 PM(UTC)
i see the monthly rivals bug is fixed
#91 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 3:29:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GentlestSum522 Go to Quoted Post
i see the monthly rivals bug is fixed

confirmed, finished monthly rivals last night with playlist stuck at 49%, logged in today and got the 50% reward.
#92 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 4:11:45 PM(UTC)
Well i gave the monthly rivals another go and have improved quite a bit on my time.

I think i was 57.9 originally and i have now posted 53.756. That puts me slightly behind FN by 150th of a second but in front of Jezza (who i am sure will give it another go and be right up there with Zipp and Rayne and of course Bree). I am happy for now :)

Will try to get it down before the months out but i suspect the usual hackers will screw the board up again.

Noticed the first 6 (i think) were around 45 - 48 mark and using auto's. I suspect some hacking going on there as that is quite a gap to have on this circuit.
#93 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2020 5:00:04 PM(UTC)
The top spot is 4 seconds faster than second place. Um, like...wow?

I think I'm at 55-something. So happy I beat someone. I'll try a few more times as I'm getting the hang of it but it's tough when I can tune it myself. I don't even mean upgrade, just tweaking it makes such a difference.
#94 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 5:57:14 AM(UTC)
The assists like TCS will give you a huge advantage with RWD in the snow. In opinion you aren't really trying if you do that. Makes it way too easy. I will not turn it on just because others have but lets see them get top times with everything off.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 24, 2020 6:02:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#95 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 6:28:30 AM(UTC)
The first MC time with all assists off is very likely (and I’m being generous there by saying only “very likely”) to be the real best time.

Shouldn’t really be a need for TCS with this car, probably unless you are on keyboard. Not too much throttle control needed. Only appears to need gears 2 and 3 as well, so possibly a good one to try in Manual if you usually use Auto.
#96 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 7:54:13 AM(UTC)
It would be fun to have a RWD trial again - the stock Caterham one a while ago was something a bit different. A stock old school 911 or something like that would be a good test.

LOL, that would be brutal on a controller because Forza has very hard controls for 911. It could be the worse trial ever :D
#97 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 7:57:56 AM(UTC)
Oh, I meant stock because you can fix broken controls with tuning a bit. OK, it wouldn't be bad.
 1 user liked this post.
#98 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 10:25:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
The assists like TCS will give you a huge advantage with RWD in the snow. In opinion you aren't really trying if you do that. Makes it way too easy. I will not turn it on just because others have but lets see them get top times with everything off.

But AWD is also an assist.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#99 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 1:03:43 PM(UTC)
I did turn on assists (ABS is always on - keyboard) to see if it will help me with braking. Can't really tell if it helped or not. Maybe it was more subconsciously help? Or maybe I just found better braking point? I did set my time in next 5-10 laps after turning them on.
#100 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 1:56:20 PM(UTC)
Strangely I'm the opposite to the general consensus on the Hammer here, the only time I wasn't happy with it was on the 1st corner ergo the tarmac, in the 1st 3-4 laps I couldn't get the braking right there at all but on the snow I found it surprisingly comfortable.

Not too sure about it's PI though I'd say it should be around 10 lower, at least it should be possible to get it down to 700 though if there's ever a B class seasonal championship it could be eligible for.

Haven't been on since yesterday but I think my time was 53.720 which I'm more than happy with for automatic transmission.
5 Pages<<2345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error