5 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 11:40:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nursemorph Go to Quoted Post
If it's not AI cars barging you off the course into trees, it's the slightest bump on the course causing you to veer off into a building. Tried the Trial twice, both times we would have won if the game didn't decide to either tip my car over for no reason (coming off the jump into the water where I landed it squarely and flat), have it understeer more than usual into a wall at the end of the second event or do a 90 degree tangent into a building.

The Trial on these courses with these AI is just ridiculous...surely the idea would be to keep the loyal players playing so they then buy Horizon 5? As opposed to putting up events which will drive people away? Then again I suppose there will be a load of new players when FH5 drops so I guess the loyal players matter little. Looks like it's going to be another hard week where it's going to take 10+ attempts as well as the biggest slice of luck ever to win this....not sure the game or getting 100% every week on the Playlist is worth the hassle.

I'm with you and thought the same thing today! I practice clean racing at every style race. If you're online with me and I'm hitting you, it's probably because you've rammed me 6-7 times already and I reached my breaking point. But today, the AI in the Trial was a bit out-of-hand. We won 3-0, (thanks to a few team mates picking some very low class A cars which adjusted the AI teams cars too), but the AI was all over the place causing me to drop to 7-8 spot in all 3 races to battle back to a podium finish.
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 11:41:07 AM(UTC)
If it's not AI cars barging you off the course into trees, it's the slightest bump on the course causing you to veer off into a building. Tried the Trial twice, both times we would have won if the game didn't decide to either tip my car over for no reason (coming off the jump into the water where I landed it squarely and flat), have it understeer more than usual into a wall at the end of the second event or do a 90 degree tangent into a building.

The Trial on these courses with these AI is just ridiculous...surely the idea would be to keep the loyal players playing so they then buy Horizon 5? As opposed to putting up events which will drive people away? Then again I suppose there will be a load of new players when FH5 drops so I guess the loyal players matter little. Looks like it's going to be another hard week where it's going to take 10+ attempts as well as the biggest slice of luck ever to win this....not sure the game or getting 100% every week on the Playlist is worth the hassle.

I'm with you and thought the same thing today! I practice clean racing at every style race. If you're online with me and I'm hitting you, it's probably because you've rammed me 6-7 times already and I reached my breaking point. But today, the AI in the Trial was a bit out-of-hand. We won 3-0, (thanks to a few team mates picking some very low class A cars which adjusted the AI teams cars too), but the AI was all over the place causing me to drop to 7-8 spot in all 3 races to battle back to a podium finish.

Edited by user Thursday, November 19, 2020 11:44:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: YEESH!! Posted not Once, not Twice but Thrice! Sorry about that!

2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 11:55:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PappyEric Go to Quoted Post

Yep same thing, did a couple of runs but at the windmill jump landed squarely each time but bounced round 90 degrees, (2 diff vehicles and tunes) couple of team mates had no chance and banged into me, thankfully we got enough points for the win. AI was all over the place. Nevermind Done

#29 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 12:54:07 PM(UTC)
Putting a large pair of turbos on that immaculate Mezger engine in the Singer is such a satisfying feeling that I couldn't describe with words.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 12:58:26 PM(UTC)
FT this week won’t recognize my F1. One owner. Tried reboot, did a different car and swapping into F1. Tried a race and photo, then swapping into it. Even tried f1lm then F1. Nada. Anyone else having this problem this series? I’ve never had it before.
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 1:29:03 PM(UTC)
That Singer has horrendeous performance on S900. It comes with Race tires stock and has lateral g values like a truck. In fact, my S900 Urus has better handling than this thing.
#32 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 1:42:04 PM(UTC)
The sound for the Singer is broken on my Series X.
Mash Tuned since 2005 | Youtube

#33 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 3:26:51 PM(UTC)
Just tried the trial after reading this thread and i was expecting a sweatfest but did it first try with randoms pretty easily. Maybe its the servers in your area making bots on steroids.

Originally Posted by: Spatz971 Go to Quoted Post
something is wrong with the month rivals. seasonals all completed (without the missing 6 dailys) and you got only 88%.

i think you get 2% for each daily so that means 100% you get them all
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 3:47:24 PM(UTC)
Are we getting a monthly rivals or not? interesting it is just absent with no notice or anything.
#35 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 3:53:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
That Singer has horrendeous performance on S900. It comes with Race tires stock and has lateral g values like a truck. In fact, my S900 Urus has better handling than this thing.

If you posted this on certain circles you'd get an angry mob after you!

But it's expected. By the 964 generation, the 911 was already much more civil on the road, but the Singer is about the "classic" experience. The Singer company tried its best to "de-modernize" the car as much as possible. The result is a car without much natural downforce and which relies a lot on modern rubber to stick to the road, both of which are the worst traits possible in a competitive FH4 car.

It's fun to drive, but in a game where most people either just mindlessly max cars out or play competitively with numbers in mind, the Singer feels completely out of place. They should've added the new Yellowbird or the DLC 964 from FM7 instead.

Edited by user Thursday, November 19, 2020 3:55:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Thursday, November 19, 2020 10:40:01 PM(UTC)
After driving the trial for first time I got a feeling it might be another "fun" one - drivatars all over the place and people keeping back door safe ... very safe.
So first run I got 1st and 2x 2nd (lost to player and last to drivatar), but trial was lost 1:2, so second try and I got 1st, 5th and 1st (it seems I just can't get second race right), but in any case trial was won 2:1
So A 800 cross country trial in Land Rovers, with a lil warning, be careful when landing jumps
Land Rover Velar, tune - 164 924 193
or Land Rover Range Rover S SVR, tune - 489 133 922

Moving to solo championships and lets start with S1 900 street racing with Astons
Simply picked my grippy Vantage and went for it, easy enough
Aston Martin Vantage GT12, tune - 179 667 067

Next was A 800 again street racing, but this time with Lotus cars
Again went for the car that probably isn't something special, but I like it very much
Lotus Exige S, tune - 740 641 791

So to last championship and this time A 800 road racing with BMW
Simply picked 1 Series M, actually left offroad tune on and easily won all 3 races, it does roll some more, but doesn't slide as some cars on rally tires do.
BMW 1 Series M coupe, tune - 103 264 539 or road tune - 139 129 932

PR stunts done in offroad tuned Koenigsegg Agera RS, tune - 167 849 655 for speed trap and danger sign, Hoonigan RS200, tune - 428 155 751 used for offroad speed zone.

Forzathon car McLaren F1 was a nice pick, I tuned it to S1 900, tune shared as Road, first used my custom blueprint at Ambleside Village circuit, where you can simply take right turn after first checkpoint and head back to finish line, share code - 655 072 061, then went on highway, to collect those ultimate speed skills and finally drove the Marathon.

To finish the playlist, I started the Horizon Festival circuit race and took a pic

Hope this can be of any help, take care everyone and have fun, bb
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#37 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 12:39:08 AM(UTC)
Good idea Yamet "I think you get 2% for each daily so that means 100% you get them all."

BUT they have always been 1% each.

I will have to check today, if they are not fixed 100% will equal 94% which should not get Gold.

I prefer to think that somebody has dropped a clanger and it will need a hot fix to link this Seasons Rivals to the List!

EDIT:

Just done the Daily and only worth 1% so my max will be 94% at the end of this Season and the other Seasons until it is Hot Fixed ASAP!

Edited by user Friday, November 20, 2020 8:14:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 2:37:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zackeriess Go to Quoted Post
Are we getting a monthly rivals or not? interesting it is just absent with no notice or anything.

the monthly rivals are available. but not in the festival playlist.

just go to the rivals tab and then on the left side you will find the monthly rivals. you can drive the AMG in winter.

1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 5:13:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: El Barto inc Go to Quoted Post
...So A 800 cross country trial in Land Rovers, with a lil warning, be careful when landing jumps
Land Rover Velar, tune - 164 924 193
or Land Rover Range Rover S SVR, tune - 489 133 922

I failed 3 times to win the trial using a Land Rover Range Rover S SVR with another player's tune. Got it first time with your tune. Many thanks.
#40 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 5:31:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Zackeriess Go to Quoted Post

the monthly rivals are available. but not in the festival playlist.

just go to the rivals tab and then on the left side you will find the monthly rivals. you can drive the AMG in winter.

Thanks for this - I had a go, but unlike previous months it doesn't add on the 6% (?) to your completion for the monthly total so hopefully it will appear in the playlist and be counted!
#41 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 5:36:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sfumato720 Go to Quoted Post
FT this week won’t recognize my F1. One owner. Tried reboot, did a different car and swapping into F1. Tried a race and photo, then swapping into it. Even tried f1lm then F1. Nada. Anyone else having this problem this series? I’ve never had it before.

Same for me. The game doesnt recognize my 93 F1.
Such wonderful updates they create and the game looking worse than the one x version.
#42 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 6:09:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YAMETEEEEEEEEEE Go to Quoted Post
something is wrong with the month rivals. seasonals all completed (without the missing 6 dailys) and you got only 88%.

i think you get 2% for each daily so that means 100% you get them all

no, only 1% as usual.

again a hotfix is needed.
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 8:06:31 AM(UTC)
Indeed the usual 1% for dailys.

Ran the Monthly Rival and completed one lap, won't do any more in case I have to better my time for it to eventually count for the Playlist...
Anyone else thinking the Hammer looks like unfinished business ( especially front round the light bits and cockpit details ) ?
Wonder if that has anything to do with it not showing as part of the playlist.

It's an enjoyable drive I thought, judging only by RWD sliding in Winter... makes me long even more for 500E or 560 SEC Monsters from the 80ies...

I normally don't comment on the Trial, however seeing that I do 99% of Trials in stock cars ( come at me ), this one no exception ( Stock Range Rover ) and with steering wheel, just reporting that I had no issues in the first two races, well behaved teammates came 2nd in race one, won race 2, so was entirely immaterial that I got flipped on the roof by several people jostling for the lead in race 3.

The Championships were a bit samey, in that they were all street races with different makes, had fun taking my ( real life ) BMW Z4 out for a change though.

The Porsche, yah, as expected RWD Monster like many of the late 80ies early nineties, the most fun to drive cars for me, not competitive in the slightest when pitted up versus modern cars, making the most obvious flaw Forza Horizon 4 exhibits even more obvious ( my opinion, not claiming universal acceptance ), 4WD just trumps everything easily on every surface in this game.
#44 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 10:00:22 AM(UTC)
So, glutton for punishment, I decided new day and all that. Equipped the Velar with @El Barto Inc tune (excellent tune by the way.....little bit wayward but that seems common on all the Land Rovers regardless of tune....it pretty much matches the tune I was using on the Defender yesterday without being top heavy as the Defender is).

Race 1: Leading going up the hill after the White Horse.....and missed the checkpoint at the top!! Ended up coming home in 9th. As I crossed the line, the points showed we were losing yet the points on the results screen showed us as winning. As I was coming up to the finish line, I did happened to notice 2 AI drivatars stranded just before the finish (almost like they were glitching) and then cross just before me...maybe that's why

Race 2: Relatively straightforward....I was leading but another player seemed quicker so I let them through and just followed them to the finish. Second win and so won overall...which is just as well as:

Race 3: Car crash!! I was in 4th but gaining quickly when an AI decided to shove me out of a checkpoint!! I ended up 9th...rest of the team did badly and we ended up with 500 points! Good job we didn't need a win.

So, yeah, I didn't perform very well at all but we managed the win through a combination of good team-mates...and 4 of them running stock tunes. So glad that is out of the way...3rd attempt. I was honestly wondering if I was going to beat my record of 17 attempts to win a Trial!!!
#45 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 10:12:47 AM(UTC)
I did the monthly rival yesterday, while it was not in the playlist and I did it today after it popped up in the playlist. Both times it did not count. Anyone else have this problem?

(I don't know for sure if the posters before me like BlearActor76741 tried it after it appeared in the playlist because I don't know when it appeared)

Edited by user Friday, November 20, 2020 10:19:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 10:22:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Turaeon Go to Quoted Post
I did the monthly rival yesterday, while it was not in the playlist and I did it today after it popped up in the playlist. Both times it did not count. Anyone else have this problem?

(I don't know for sure if the posters before me like BlearActor76741 did it after it appeared in the playlist because I don't know when it appeared)

Yep, I just noticed it had appeared in the list… ran it three times.... and got zilch…

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#47 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 10:23:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mashed Go to Quoted Post

Same here :(

#48 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 10:28:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mashed Go to Quoted Post

I have the same problem with the sound on my Series X.
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 10:33:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Aggressive AI is because of network sync. Try different people or connection.

Really? Urgh...what is it with this game and connection/network issues? Never known a game to be as bad as this. No clue how to fix network sync as my connection has zero issues (beyond Horizon)...reluctant to start messing with things for a solitary game.....already had to buy an Xbox in August to get around the PC network issues.

It's about others, not you, if you have a good connection. It's somehow hard to sync 6 people with AI and it very weird with bad connections. Sometimes AI cars just fly in every direction. They don't ram normally but with bad sync they are like crazy.
#50 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2020 11:49:53 AM(UTC)
To the people who are having problem with the sounds: does your display have an HDMI 2.1-compatible port, and is your console plugged into it? If not, then bandwidth is lower, so there will be some sacrifices in AV data transfer, which could include sounds...

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error