3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 1:39:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BA1N0 Go to Quoted Post
You can skip the splash screens, just press a button.

Are we talking about the same thing? You can't skip them on PC.

In a discussion about the update for Series X my reply is for those using the Series X

#52 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 2:44:51 AM(UTC)

In a discussion about the update for Series X my reply is for those using the Series X

That isn't an answer (except a snarky one).

Previously you could not skip the splash screens on the Xbox either. So I am asking you if it is now possible to skip the initial splash screens on Series X, because it isn't on PC. It would be a major change to make and I am curious why it would be possible on SX but not the other versions. (I believe it should be possible on all versions because it seems to be doing no loading during that time.)
#53 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 2:59:39 AM(UTC)

Previously you could not skip the splash screens on the Xbox either. So I am asking you if it is now possible to skip the initial splash screens on Series X, because it isn't on PC. It would be a major change to make and I am curious why it would be possible on SX but not the other versions. (I believe it should be possible on all versions because it seems to be doing no loading during that time.)

My first answer says you can skip splash screens in a discussion about the Series update. There is no ambiguity there.
I don't know why they have done this but it is the case.
#54 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 3:07:31 AM(UTC)

It's not really a major change, it is about 2 minutes of programming to skip the splash screens.
#55 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 3:18:14 AM(UTC)
Would be interesting to see a video of this.
#56 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 3:29:39 AM(UTC)
DJS has a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh49Nto6qLo
Watch from 4m40sec
#57 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 3:45:39 AM(UTC)
Thanks, I see what you mean. That just annoys me that they never added this option to the PC for two years then. There is no reason they couldn't have done this on PC or I suspect all the Xbox One models either. Funny thing is that whenever a developer other than Playground Games gets the porting duties, they seem to add these quality of life features. ie. the Xbox 360 version of FH2 also let you skip the splash screens but the Xbox One version (which I know was a rather different game though), you could not.

This should be added to the other versions, at least PC. Even if it is two years overdue.
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error