3 Pages123PrevNext
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 1:55:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OldCarCZ Go to Quoted Post
The vehicles are already in play?


The three new vehicles are not yet fully in play but they can be viewed in the Cars/Horizon Promo & Car Collection screen (filter not owned or not captured), photographed and included in blueprints e.g. drag race at the main Horizon Festival site.

Share Code: 130 374 898

Edited by user Wednesday, November 4, 2020 2:17:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 6:22:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Those sure do look like Superfast tail lights. Is there a newer successor? Monza SP?


Nope, its the Singer DSL, i did a custom race and selected the 3 new cars and one that i own (Green Guntherwerks in picture) and got to see what it was.




Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 6:27:26 AM(UTC)
TheGillesMuller;1176519

[/quote wrote:


2 good additions, Merc in particular looks very interesting.

I think we went past the need for more 911's a long time ago though.


Speak for yourself there, personally loving all the 911's, more the better in my view.

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#29 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 6:48:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JETLAG Haruka Go to Quoted Post
Are you excited for the launch of the Xbox Series X and Series S?

Sure, but MS missed big opportunity with older Horizons. It would be nice to have all Horizons in at least 60 FPS.


Could be the expectation was that this would be saved as a BC feature for the new Xbox machines...

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#30 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 6:53:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeadRusch1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JETLAG Haruka Go to Quoted Post
Are you excited for the launch of the Xbox Series X and Series S?

Sure, but MS missed big opportunity with older Horizons. It would be nice to have all Horizons in at least 60 FPS.


Could be the expectation was that this would be saved as a BC feature for the new Xbox machines...


Yeah, I will get one next week but without 60 FPS Horizons. It's probably not impossible with that brutal fast hardware. At least 3 should be pretty easy. I still have a hope but the right time is gone.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 9:39:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Baz828 Go to Quoted Post
TheGillesMuller;1176519



2 good additions, Merc in particular looks very interesting.

I think we went past the need for more 911's a long time ago though.[/quote wrote:


Speak for yourself there, personally loving all the 911's, more the better in my view.



Well good for you, I personally don't understand why though, it isn't going to be different in any drastic way from at least one 911 already in the game.

The Forza series seems to have been obsessed with Porsche ever since it acquired the licence back in FM4's life.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 11:46:55 AM(UTC)
The Singer is probably the most distasteful 911 ever built. It's a 964 cosplaying as an older 911, built by people who don't realize the world, and the 911 itself, have evolved.

The other cars are, to me, the true stars of the pack, the two that pay true homage to those times... They needed the company of a proper 964 Turbo S Leichtbau, like the one in FM7, not a Singer.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#33 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 11:53:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
Well good for you, I personally don't understand why though, it isn't going to be different in any drastic way from at least one 911 already in the game.

The Forza series seems to have been obsessed with Porsche ever since it acquired the licence back in FM4's life.


It has been at the expense of Ruf. I love the Guntherwerks and the Emory, but I don't think they can replace the Yellowbird and the CTR2...

Edited by user Wednesday, November 4, 2020 11:57:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#34 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 3:32:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
The Singer is probably the most distasteful 911 ever built. It's a 964 cosplaying as an older 911, built by people who don't realize the world, and the 911 itself, have evolved.

The other cars are, to me, the true stars of the pack, the two that pay true homage to those times... They needed the company of a proper 964 Turbo S Leichtbau, like the one in FM7, not a Singer.


Porsche will always be Porsche, other simple cars
Rank: Racing Permit
#35 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 5:12:39 PM(UTC)
A very niiiiiice update & looking forward to all three cars but especially the 850CSI and the Hammer!!!!!

More info and pics of Singer DLS Porsche 911

Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#36 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2020 6:56:26 PM(UTC)
I would be excited about a Ford Pinto before another 911. Yeah, the Emory was cool and the Gunther was nice, but come on. These specialty 911s are a dime a dozen at this point with the most insignificant details separating them. The Hammer is definitely a welcome addition and I can’t say no to the 850, it just screams 90s.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#37 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 12:29:02 AM(UTC)
Looking forward to all three additions.
- I like the '73 Carrera RS tail design elements of the Singer while the front comes off a bit uninspired. Stock weight of slightly above 1,000kg looks promising if there are options left to further decrease it.
Could be quite the handling car at S900.

- The 850 CSI is probably my favourite BMW of all times, surely of the more modern age. Beautiful late 80's /90's design with an unnecessary V12 rambling under the hood. Stock PI seems reasonable and I can see a stock tires, full weight reduction build making a fun car for B700. At least in FM7 it was.

- The Hammer is the car I'm most interested though. Badass design, badass name, badass performance for its time. Also never seen it in a racing game yet. Stock PI of A703 seems rather hefty though.
Given the power/weight ratio and the shown grip I can't really see where it's coming from. Hopefully it'll teach me better.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#38 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 2:39:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I will get one next week but without 60 FPS Horizons. It's probably not impossible with that brutal fast hardware. At least 3 should be pretty easy. I still have a hope but the right time is gone.

Xbox Series X should have no problems running any Horizon game in 4k 60fps or 1080p 120fps. My PC has a Ryzen 5 3600 and 1660 Super, both of which are inferior to what is in Xbox Series X, and even my PC can do 4k 60 or 1080p 120. Indeed for rivals, I can even get around 150fps at 1440p with High quality settings and MSAA upped to 4x.
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 2:48:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
I would be excited about a Ford Pinto before another 911. Yeah, the Emory was cool and the Gunther was nice, but come on. These specialty 911s are a dime a dozen at this point with the most insignificant details separating them. The Hammer is definitely a welcome addition and I can’t say no to the 850, it just screams 90s.


Would be good if the Pinto exploded when someone hits in you in the rear.

Rank: Racing Permit
#40 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 2:48:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
I would be excited about a Ford Pinto before another 911. Yeah, the Emory was cool and the Gunther was nice, but come on. These specialty 911s are a dime a dozen at this point with the most insignificant details separating them. The Hammer is definitely a welcome addition and I can’t say no to the 850, it just screams 90s.

Edited by user Thursday, November 5, 2020 2:49:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: dbl post, stupid forum

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#41 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 4:28:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, I will get one next week but without 60 FPS Horizons. It's probably not impossible with that brutal fast hardware. At least 3 should be pretty easy. I still have a hope but the right time is gone.

Xbox Series X should have no problems running any Horizon game in 4k 60fps or 1080p 120fps. My PC has a Ryzen 5 3600 and 1660 Super, both of which are inferior to what is in Xbox Series X, and even my PC can do 4k 60 or 1080p 120. Indeed for rivals, I can even get around 150fps at 1440p with High quality settings and MSAA upped to 4x.

That's what I think. I have 2700X in a PC and it's very fast CPU. In combination with RDNA2 it must be a beast. Sad I won't play older Horizon but it's time to move on. Currently I play Project cars 3 and Dirt 5 in combination with Horizon 4. It's better to have some base on multiplatform games because I can switch to PS5/GT7 easily then.
Rank: Moderator
#42 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 11:16:57 AM(UTC)
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#43 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 7:02:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: betinhogvz Go to Quoted Post
UPDATE - NEW CARS - SERIES 29

https://i.imgur.com/0PtiA4s.jpg

- BMW 850CSI 1995
- MERCEDES-BENZ AMG HAMMER COUPE 1987
- PORSCHE SINGER VERSION 1990


What is the Porsche in the thumbnail? The Sport Classic? Definitely not the Singer.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#44 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2020 9:04:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
- The Hammer is the car I'm most interested though. Badass design, badass name, badass performance for its time. Also never seen it in a racing game yet. Stock PI of A703 seems rather hefty though.
Given the power/weight ratio and the shown grip I can't really see where it's coming from. Hopefully it'll teach me better.


Might be because it starts with a better tire compound than it should, but, without having the car, it's difficult to say. IMO the Hammer should not be faster/better than the Omega/Carlton, which is B680 something.
May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
Rank: Driver's License
#45 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2020 3:10:52 AM(UTC)
Hi! I am not sure if this is new since the FH4 November 2020 update, but I have noticed some small, but annoying graphical and colour glitches that I hadn't seen before. They seem connected in some way, and decades ago this would have been because of a colour lookup table problem where one nuance of dark grey had been repurposed.

It happens
a) when jumping back after a camera spin with the right joystick, it sometimes takes about half a second for a dark grey to fade to its intended colour from some much brighter colour. It is visible on diffuse light reflections like damp roads and also on off-road puddles. Are reflections not being calculated as often as before, and thus being transitioned more slowly?
b) without a license plate, there is a false transition colour flash on the car when fading in the picture, like one frame of yellow.
c) treelines against clear skies have a changed anti-aliasing perception compared to before. The colour change is too sudden, and looks over-sharpened.

Also, it at times feels like the draw distance of the Xbox One X enhanced version has been reduced to more like a One / Series S version. And the motion blur looks slightly more fuzzy.

If I am not imagining this, I would guess it has got to do with Xbox Series compatibility.
Feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by user Saturday, November 7, 2020 4:18:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: details

Rank: Driver's Permit
#46 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2020 2:40:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Teejay6455 Go to Quoted Post
at times feels like the draw distance of the Xbox One X enhanced version has been reduced to more like a One / Series S version.
Yes, I agree with you on this.

Rank: Racing Permit
#47 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2020 3:20:46 PM(UTC)
Call me crazy but I would have a Porsche 956 rather then a singer. We already have enough 964 models, why cant we have something unique? 956 was in the leak list after all.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#48 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2020 3:45:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talhaONE Go to Quoted Post
Call me crazy but I would have a Porsche 956 rather then a singer. We already have enough 964 models, why cant we have something unique? 956 was in the leak list after all.


We don't have a single 964 in the game.

And it will stay this way. The Singer is not a true 964, it's... something else.

The 956 has no place in Forza Horizon... The 962 is high P class in FM7, so in FH4 it would be X class. Maybe the 928 GTS would've been a more interesting addition than the Singer.

Actually even though the Rufs are all 911s they're probably better additions than these other tuned Porsches, but licensing could be getting in the way. Only explanation for their absence, as, even with Porsche already in the game, a Yellowbird would generate much interest.

Edited by user Saturday, November 7, 2020 3:46:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#49 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2020 3:51:29 PM(UTC)
One X owners have been getting the shaft from Microsoft lately. First the console was discontinued, to make room for the Series S (IMO a big mistake, there was no need for an entry level console), then there's some games like Ori and the Will of the Wisps which never got the support they deserved on the Xbox One (all models).

The Xbox One X has always run FH4 at a 99% locked 30 fps, so there was never any need to change graphics presets... Let's hope it's just placebo, because, if it's real... Well, the Series X doesn't need this kind of protection, what it needs is games, and it's lacking on that part.

I was also disappointed when I learned PG outsourced the Xbox Series enhanced versions of the game, because this was not the case with FH3. The studio is more than capable of doing this by itself.

Edited by user Saturday, November 7, 2020 3:53:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
Rank: Driver's License
#50 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2020 4:21:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

I was also disappointed when I learned PG outsourced the Xbox Series enhanced versions of the game, because this was not the case with FH3. The studio is more than capable of doing this by itself.


It really seems like the outsourcing company screwed up big time. Since the November 2020 update, it feels like the draw distance has been significantly impaired on the Xbox One X. Gras pops in just a few meters away from the car. This used to be the visually best game I had. If this has been done on purpose, so that comparisons with the Xbox One X make the Series X look better, then just wow, how bad is that?

An alternative explanation would be that the outscourcing company threw loads of fine-tuned code optimisations overboard to make Series compatibility easier to achieve. After all, what do they care about draw distance?

It seems like there now is the Xbox One / X / S / Series S version and the Series X version, which would be a total disgrace.

Of course, games journalists just couldn't care less, they are just as mainstream, uninformed and financially precarious as journalist with all media outlets these days. Watching IGN and Digital Foundry bend over backwards towards MS really makes me p*ke.

And we are forced to update FH4 every month, and can only avoid this by being offline at any time we start the game. I would have gladly stuck with the October 2020 version, because I had been fearing something like this.

How can MS and PG have so little pride in what they do? We will of course, as ever, get no feedback at all from the companies involved. After all, they already have our money.

Edited by user Saturday, November 7, 2020 4:28:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error