4 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 12:24:09 AM(UTC)
Horizon Backstage

Announced for Series 28, Horizon Backstage is a new feature that offers more choice in collecting exclusive reward cars from the Festival Playlist. See the announcement article and Series 28 livestream for an overview. Here's how it works:

Voting, now weekly
Daily voting to determine reward car choices for Series 28 began on October 15th, and converted to weekly voting when Series 28 Summer season started.
The community's vote between a pair of cars will add the winning car to the group of cars you can choose with a Pass . Go to the Cars tab of the pause menu and select Horizon Backstage to vote by 7:20am Pacific each Thursday.

Vote results:
Car 1: 1999 Lotus Elise Series 1 Sport 190
Car 2: 2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione
Car 3: 1965 Hoonigan Gymkhana 10 Ford Hoonicorn Mustang (Hoonicorn V2) with ~62% vote
Car 4: 2005 Hot Wheels Ford Mustang with ~71% vote
Car 5: 1970 Porsche 914/6 with just over 50% vote
Car 6: 2018 Honda Civic Type R with ~73% vote
Car 7: 2001 TVR Tuscan S with just over 50% vote
Car 8: 1994 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S Twin Turbo with ~64% vote
Car 9: 1965 Pontiac GTO with ~55% vote
Car 10: [Hudson Hornet vs Plymouth Fury] voting until Nov. 5th

Earn a Pass, Collect a Car: October 22+
Now that Series 28 has started, head to the Festival Playlist menu where you will see that 50% completion of the Series events will earn a Pass. Completion percentage comes from seasonal events as well as the Monthly Rivals and Online Ranked Adventure qualification. You can see a preview of the Series 28 Festival Playlist in the livestream here. 50% Series completion may take more than two seasons to reach depending on your play time.

Once you have your Backstage Pass, head to the "H" icon on the map in the Horizon Festival area and enter the Backstage menu where you can use your pass to collect one of the car choices for your garage.

Since the Backstage menu shows a counter for "Your Passes" and you can only earn one pass in Series 28, it appears that you can bank your pass for a future series. Stay tuned for more info from www.twitter.com/ForzaHorizon and the next monthly livestream in November.
  • "The first pass will be available starting in Series 28, but future seasons and championships will net you more passes."^

Edited by user Thursday, October 29, 2020 6:50:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 9:54:30 AM(UTC)
Looking forward for the Big Launch of Horizon Backstage - Redeem Exclusive Cars.

2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Preorder Car
2013 McLaren P1 'Owens's Edition'

These are the exclusive cars that I don not have yet...

Edited by user Wednesday, October 14, 2020 9:56:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling

BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
 3 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 10:42:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BadRiver Go to Quoted Post
Looking forward for the Big Launch of Horizon Backstage - Redeem Exclusive Cars.

2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Preorder Car
2013 McLaren P1 'Owens's Edition'

These are the exclusive cars that I don not have yet...

The Owen's P1 will never be made available to the general public. It was a one-off made for a Make a Wish child, I believe.

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2020 10:13:42 PM(UTC)
I'm not sure this feature will be what you think it is. They said it would be a "selection" of cars, not every exclusive there is. I think there will be a list of a few random exclusive cars that can potentially feature any of them.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 3:10:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure this feature will be what you think it is. They said it would be a "selection" of cars, not every exclusive there is. I think there will be a list of a few random exclusive cars that can potentially feature any of them.

Yeah, they tried to hype it up by saying it would be based on community votes, but glossed over the fact that the two options in the vote are still handpicked by the devs. I'm really not expecting to see the PO cars in there. Hoping, but not expecting.
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:03:34 AM(UTC)
Might still be worth it, if there's the odd car that's unlockable though the level system or the stories or something like that. The Huracan, the Trailcat. Some folks sold those cars before they were locked out of the auction house, not realizing that there was no other way to get them. Or the Monty Carlo.

I don't know. I'll check it out regularly. But I'm not expecting it to have much I don't already have. I expect it to eventually go kinda like the Specialty Dealer in Forza 7; worth it early game to fill out your garage, but eventually becomes a rotating list of repeats.
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:16:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Might still be worth it, if there's the odd car that's unlockable though the level system or the stories or something like that. The Huracan, the Trailcat. Some folks sold those cars before they were locked out of the auction house, not realizing that there was no other way to get them. Or the Monty Carlo.

I don't know. I'll check it out regularly. But I'm not expecting it to have much I don't already have. I expect it to eventually go kinda like the Specialty Dealer in Forza 7; worth it early game to fill out your garage, but eventually becomes a rotating list of repeats.

I'm hoping for this as well, that way I don't have to grind through the Eliminator for the Cougar....
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:52:36 AM(UTC)
"Starting today, you'll see a new area of the Festival: the Horizon Backstage!
This is the spot to vote on hard-to-find cars you'd like to see return.
The winner will be available for download with Backstage Passes."
https://twitter.com/ForzaHorizon/status/1316748166591463424

Voting until 7:30am Pacific Oct. 16:
  • 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • 2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione

https://twitter.com/ForzaHorizon/status/1316763456834547717

Edited by user Thursday, October 15, 2020 7:53:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 7:42:04 AM(UTC)
FYI It would not let me vote on the Porsche in the backstage.
#10 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 8:00:06 AM(UTC)
I'm unable to vote on the backstage. I just get an error message "We are busy getting the Horizon Backstage ready for the big launch! Please check again soon."

Wtf? I am literally watching the stream of STEVIO and he is able to open the backstage menu and vote. So why my game does not let me access it? Is this a USA only thing and I am excluded from participating because I am on a European server?
#11 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 8:55:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Cydie00 Go to Quoted Post
I'm unable to vote on the backstage. I just get an error message "We are busy getting the Horizon Backstage ready for the big launch! Please check again soon."

Wtf? I am literally watching the stream of STEVIO and he is able to open the backstage menu and vote. So why my game does not let me access it? Is this a USA only thing and I am excluded from participating because I am on a European server?

Nah, think it's just the sluggish servers, I've just been in and voted (UK) but when I started the game up about half an hour ago I couldn't reclaim credits from an auction, nor search as "No Forza Horizon 4 servers could be found".

Fixed itself, but still.... _rolls eyes_
#12 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 9:17:45 AM(UTC)
It wouldn't let me vote for the Ferrari at all despite numerous attempts but would for the Porsche first try. Good thing I already have both, but that was odd as the Ferrari was winning anyway.
#13 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 9:18:36 AM(UTC)
Nothing yet here in Canada. Just Message saying "We are busy getting Backstage ready. Check again later"
#14 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 9:21:09 AM(UTC)
To vote you have to press left or right and HOLD and confirm with the A button. This way it worked for me.
 4 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 9:41:39 AM(UTC)
Why did they add this? It doesn't seem to add much of value and I wish they hadn't moved the very often-used 'My Cars' option from the menu to incorporate this gimmick. Sorry.
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 10:05:33 AM(UTC)
The 599 has been available a couple times, I don't think I've seen the Porsche recently......vote Porsche :)

This is a pretty good solution to the problem "I want to buy this car but it isn't available and I hate having to wait months to see if it rolls around again".......the store will slowly fill up with exclusive cars and so long as you put in the 50% each month you can get one of those cars free.

This must be a way to help people get exclusive cars when they simply can't complete the Trials so they might never get the 80% level on either Monthly or Weekly if they aren't doing ranked adventures.

Probably also means we're within the zone for FH4 to be end of life in 18 to 24mos, maybe.....

1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 11:03:07 AM(UTC)
So how do I obtain backstage passes ?? Not really clear on what to do to obtain them.
#18 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 11:03:42 AM(UTC)
duplicate post because of forum error!

Edited by user Thursday, October 15, 2020 11:04:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#19 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 11:22:25 AM(UTC)
I could hover over the Ferrari but A would not work. I like the Porsche too, though and I don't see many others about.
 1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 12:05:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: patrickb1973 Go to Quoted Post
So how do I obtain backstage passes ?? Not really clear on what to do to obtain them.

Complete 50 percent of a Festival Playlist season and get a backstage pass which allows you to choose one of the cars offered there.
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 12:10:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I wish they hadn't moved the very often-used 'My Cars' option from the menu to incorporate this gimmick. Sorry.

Moved within the menu, to the left side.
#22 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 12:55:54 PM(UTC)
The Backstage is useless. Community pick means cars like 2018 Civic Type-R will always win. Hasn't PG looked at the Twitter fiasco from FM7?
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 2:01:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
I wish they hadn't moved the very often-used 'My Cars' option from the menu to incorporate this gimmick. Sorry.

Yes I know, it just needs an extra press now and after playing the game for two years and thousands of hours, it just will take a bit of getting used to in its new home is all :p

Seems to me they should put the most used things in the most prominent and easy to access places, and the less important / less accessed things more out of the way.
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 5:04:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlitzHirsch7809 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: patrickb1973 Go to Quoted Post

Complete 50 percent of a Festival Playlist season and get a backstage pass which allows you to choose one of the cars offered there.

BUMMER!! :( .... The Best I have ever done so far is 15%. Big issue is I still can't beat the New-Bots consistently, so no way to beat any of those Unbeatable Racers.

2 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 15, 2020 6:46:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

Yes I know, it just needs an extra press now and after playing the game for two years and thousands of hours, it just will take a bit of getting used to in its new home is all :p

Seems to me they should put the most used things in the most prominent and easy to access places, and the less important / less accessed things more out of the way.

It looks to me like they feature (placed in most prominent position) those items they WANT us to use rather than the items that really are the most used. This is not the first time they have pulled this stunt.

4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error